Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,364 members, 7,836,473 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out (42480 Views)

Tinubu Directs Education Officials To Conduct Census Of All Schools, Teachers / Private Schools Teachers To Protest On Monday Over Nonpayment, School Closure / Private Schools Teachers, How Are You Coping During This Lock Down? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by mustausman(m): 11:10pm On Jun 11, 2020
dayorich:
Are you their Treasurer or Financial Secretary?
Why are you soliciting for yourself alone na
And are you sure you are not even a scammer?
In fact, show your official identity card here...

Yes o, I am the Minister for Finance. Nothing is too small, you can show some love as well. GTB, 0464929698,I.B. Thank you and God bless...
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by hstar: 11:15pm On Jun 11, 2020
vickydevoka:

U should enter street
Before nkor, them tell you say Na inside house I dey

U no go understand things u go just dey jump on top pple matter wey no concern u, that quote wey you quote me there them tell you say Na me b graduate wey dey sell bread angry

That you were telling me that graduate kill me there, what you can't tell me face to face in reality, and I didn't blame u.

Thirdly, before you were born Na him I don enter Street even though I be educationist, and lastly there is no legal job that I can't do to survive, no matter how hard it is, Na me you go dey tell about labourer for building construction.

Better be warned
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by profbrightuzoma: 11:17pm On Jun 11, 2020
Am a teacher we are really suffering here as well 0067910633 Nwandire Bright uzoma access

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by mustausman(m): 11:17pm On Jun 11, 2020
ayorinde217:

Amen! Everything is gonna be alright by God's grace

God bless you...
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by hstar: 11:18pm On Jun 11, 2020
klever18:
life no balance
I understand
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by hstar: 11:20pm On Jun 11, 2020
vickydevoka:

U should enter street
Before nkor,
Na u go tell me nah,

BEBETO
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by hstar: 11:20pm On Jun 11, 2020
Aparche:

You should have at least included the initials of your account name. What if somebody trying to send you money makes mistake by typing a wrong digit in your account number & another person's name shows? That's how the money meant for you will go to someone else...
Ok, thanks
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by dayorich: 11:24pm On Jun 11, 2020
Please, I'm very sorry for my comment above where I earlier posted:

[s] "Are you their Treasurer or Financial Secretary? Why are you soliciting for yourself alone na
In fact, show your official identity card here..."
[/s]

Although I was merely joking, I hope my harmless comment didn't hurt you anyway.

Before I posted my comment, I had not read through most of the various comments where other teachers also expressed their views that are similar to yours.
In fact, I decided to come delete my post until I realized you had already commented on it, and I felt some good relief on realizing that you didn't pick any offence.

Again, I'm sorry if it hurts...

mustausman:

Yes o, I am the Minister for Finance. Nothing is too small, you can show some love as well. GTB, 0464929698,I.B. Thank you and God bless...

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by MrCaesar: 11:27pm On Jun 11, 2020
AngelicDamsel:
I understand.

I know some teachers making more than their salary this period, from private and home lessons. Pray for grace!

please just shut up.
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by hstar: 11:31pm On Jun 11, 2020
ferdvict2:

Then, it is terrible
Bros e pass terrible o, it is totally beyond that.

Nigerian politicians, i mean the bad ones among u and the ones spoiling dis country, I know most of you don't believe in God o.

But what I will tell you is all of una no go have peace in this life and hereafter.

Na curse we go dey curse u now.

To even think of it that the boss av been working under him for four years never swear or rain curse on any living things before, but he rain terrible curse on these callous and self centered Nigerian politicians.

E ma shey oriburuku ni o laiye ati lorun, bi e shey Fi ara ni wa.

Let's assume they av chance, dem for don enthrone and over throw God for him kingdom self,

Ibinu Olohun ma ba gbogbo yin ni o.
Amin
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by mustausman(m): 11:31pm On Jun 11, 2020
dayorich:
Please, I'm very sorry for my comment above where I earlier posted:

[s] "Are you their Treasurer or Financial Secretary? Why are you soliciting for yourself alone na
In fact, show your official identity card here..."
[/s]

Although I was merely joking, I hope my harmless comment didn't hurt you anyway.

Before I posted my comment, I had not read through most of the various comments where other teachers also expressed their views that are similar to yours.
In fact, I decided to come delete my post until I realized you had already commented on it, and I felt some good relief on realizing that you didn't pick any offence.

Again, I'm sorry if it hurts...

It is okay, we don't need to quarrel over little things. Life is too precious to fight over. Once again, you are welcome my brother... GTB, 0464929698,I.B.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by Johntemmy(m): 11:33pm On Jun 11, 2020
am not a teacher. but i
covid-19 crash my biz am try to be on feet back with help of God..it only take grace of God to survive now...I hope I can get anything..God bless the giver.
0128950147 GTb A. Johnson
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by TruthinAction: 11:40pm On Jun 11, 2020
Even if you are dying, this government does not care. Locate any of the churches giving palliatives. You might be lucky to get help. The church is the hope of the world.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by hstar: 11:41pm On Jun 11, 2020
SeverusSnape:
I really feel for private school teachers. I thought of them some days ago, They are one of the most affected set of workers this period.
Sir, please are you the one?

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by placeofallure(f): 11:45pm On Jun 11, 2020
Joycekkh:
They will, moreover the home lesson is meant for their students.

No, they won't. Any safety conscious person right now won't.

Check out my signature please.
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by Veezybaba: 11:54pm On Jun 11, 2020
I teach in a private school also and it has been hell. I have been using free opera mb to check nairaland ever since. Hmmm... The suffer nor be here.
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by yusman14(m): 11:56pm On Jun 11, 2020
Things are really tough and hard here..
The government should look into this issue...
I am tired of this...My mum and I are both working in a private school in Lagos state(Ikorodu)..
Please can anybody help me with anything I will be glad....I can provide the details you want...i can pm the school name and personal identities...
please save a soul...
Gtbank...
Jolayemi yusuf ayomide..
God bless you all...
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by Orente21(f): 12:06am On Jun 12, 2020
I am a private school teacher. I have two kids. It's hasn't been easy.
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by hstar: 12:07am On Jun 12, 2020
SeverusSnape:
I really feel for private school teachers. I thought of them some days ago, They are one of the most affected set of workers this period.
Thank you sir, God bless you and your family.
U will never ever go down.
U and ur entire family will never lack
U won't know poverty in ur life, ur children will also not know poverty.
U and ur whole generation will always be great
AMEN.

Thanks, I'm more than grateful.

I pray to reciprocate this good gesture to the pple in need in the nearest future, because it will be a dream come true , AMEN.

Thank you sir

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by Orente21(f): 12:12am On Jun 12, 2020
ayorinde217:
Let us not just feel for Private school teachers in this trying time, nothing is too small at this period. Some have already dropped their account details on this thread. Let's try to drop something for them even if its just 1k.
We all know our leaders have failed us, but we can try in our own little way to better our society
Thank you sir. May God bless you. Am a woman with two kids ND I teach in a private sch
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by Orente21(f): 12:14am On Jun 12, 2020
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by mustausman(m): 12:20am On Jun 12, 2020
Nothing is too small. GTB,0464929698,I.B. God bless the giver...
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by eniorisha(m): 12:25am On Jun 12, 2020
Private lessons still boil down to one's field & location. Who will pay a Yoruba, govt, crs, or civil education teacher for home lesson??

Mostly STEM teachers such as Mathematics, science teachers are cashing out via home lessons.

I am a private school teacher. I was last paid In d middle of march. I'll appreciate any assistance however small. 0779118724(Access) Samuel Yemi O.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by eseaigbe(f): 12:34am On Jun 12, 2020
Pls am a private school teacher i jst need capital to start a biz 2006179249 zenith bank I teach in a private school in abuja
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by donmik: 12:45am On Jun 12, 2020
vixpal:
Safety of children life is at stake here. No reasonable parent will want to risk the life of their children.

So till when and how do those staff survive three days hunger at least?

You just want to talk.

I don't blame u. Likely, u are making exploitative money this time...mtcheeeew

As if this is the COVID in US and west
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by Emanodimo(m): 1:22am On Jun 12, 2020
mustausman:
Bros, it hasn't been easy on our part at all. Please help a brother with anything within your reach. Thanks and God bless. GTB,0464929698,IBRAHIM BELLO...

Bros, go back to read the thread page 1, Someone ask which school, where do u teach?

Reply, maybe he has some cash to help u.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by ocelot2006(m): 1:30am On Jun 12, 2020
kunlef1:

As a proprietor, is there any reason why you are not organising online classes for your students like many other private schools? I think you can make a little money through this, and also create a source of income for other teachers.

I also believe that individual teachers can also offer online classes to their students at home, especially those preparing for common entrance, JSSCE and WAEC/NECO. Even after COVID19, this can be a source of extra income for teachers. If funding for laptop, data, etc. is the issue, I think that is what teachers should ask for help for, and maybe use gofundme platform.

Asking for help just to feed is not really sustainable.

It's not that simple. Sure, online classes can be organized, but there are a few problems to address, especially with dwindling funds:

1)How do you sustain these classes? You need power for your labs, that means petrol or diesel for your powerplants. Sure, oil prices have dropped, but school mgt has to make payroll. Remember, dwindling funds as nothing comes in.

2)With the long lockdown period, how do these schools pay for basic utility services and even internet service? Remember, dwindling funds.

3)How do you reach children in rural areas and from less privileged back grounds. A considerable number of students come from well to do homes, but a few, especially those on scholarship in these private schools, are not so lucky. How do you reach this group of students/pupils?
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by hartoyebi38: 3:26am On Jun 12, 2020
I would have liked to engage in private lessons, but parents in my area are mostly famers that live in village. Their children only live here for schooling purpose and Since school is closed, Most have totally relocated to farm.

It's really tough, and i will appreciate if you can assist me financially. No amount is small please

0031870297 Atoyebi Toba
Sterling bank
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by ofiko123(m): 3:36am On Jun 12, 2020
Happyfela:
You be mumu I swear

undecided undecided
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by bukhety(f): 3:40am On Jun 12, 2020
I know a family with three kids, husband and wife are private school teachers! You can imagine what they are going through. I really feel for them.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by alexola20(m): 4:15am On Jun 12, 2020
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by MATURELION: 4:15am On Jun 12, 2020
LifeSolutionsTV:

This is however the time for some of these private school teachers to become creative and take private lectures online via their personal websites, whatsapp portals, Zoom portal or any other media outlet.

They shouldn't wait until things get tougher for them. They should create financial opportunities around this present situation.

Building a website, creating whatsapp portals and promoting them strategically and socially isn't rocket science.

At LifeSolutionsTV; We help provide financial solutions to Business and Investment Challenges plaguing any personality or industry.
and you think is everyone that has data grin even if they have data it won't be wasted online plus it's not everyone that has devices and acess to electricity so the matter long. many African parents send thier children to school while living in poverty so don't expect extra sacrifices

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? / Optometry , Dentistry Or Physiotherapy? / My Visit To The University Of Nigeria (pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.