Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,313 members, 7,836,353 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out (42478 Views)

Tinubu Directs Education Officials To Conduct Census Of All Schools, Teachers / Private Schools Teachers To Protest On Monday Over Nonpayment, School Closure / Private Schools Teachers, How Are You Coping During This Lock Down? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by klever18(m): 9:45pm On Jun 11, 2020
hstar:

I swear, I almost Dodge her, because I myself was ashamed
life no balance
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by ogwoliun: 9:47pm On Jun 11, 2020
ogwoliun:
If you know how food is important to humans, please help me with the little you can (even if it is N500). I am a private school teacher and things has been difficult for me.
Account number: 2026148928
Account name: O. B. Emmanuel
Bank: UBA
Another person just surprised me again! May God replenish your pocket in one million fold. Thanks very much, I really appreciate!
God I thank you so much for the people you have used to bless me this night.

Txn: Credit
Ac:2XX..92X
Amt:NGN 2,000.00
Des:SBW/UTU/Nairalander
Date:11-Jun-2020 21:36
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by ussy09(m): 9:48pm On Jun 11, 2020
Jack500:
Nobody bargain for this; in year 2020, so this is the so called vison 2020 of yaradua in 2007.

Nonsense
Drop that man's name pls cos he is d only president that meant well for this country

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by Aparche(f): 9:49pm On Jun 11, 2020
hstar:
Please any body that has the ability should please help me o with any thing to feed. At the beginning of the pandemic I went to collect food stuff. Up till now I was unable to pay, I was just avoiding the woman, because what do I want to tell her?

The day they brought NEPA bill I was scared to death as I had nothing and I couldn't give any excuse about no payment of salary, other bills are there.

I myself find it difficult to feed, three days ago I found it difficult to talk due to hunger, I went for cleaner job, I was not picked, please anybody that is financially blessed should help me o please. 212 232 0833 uba. Please for God sake, I don't find work tire and I'm still job hunting, please help me with anything

You should have at least included the initials of your account name. What if somebody trying to send you money makes mistake by typing a wrong digit in your account number & another person's name shows? That's how the money meant for you will go to someone else...

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by kunlef1: 9:51pm On Jun 11, 2020
RhemaDavids:
please I did not say I am asking for help to feed, and I didn't say I was not into online class, every school, every state and every parents have their own peculiarities, you don't know the kind of school I run, even with the home lesson that I organize now, it is still not enough for my teachers, most of my parents are average parents that are not I.T inclined, and have refused to pay for online class even the little we do we do for free, and the one's we have is not enough, the government needs to do something for the private school owners and teachers Asap

Madam, it is good to know that you are making good effort in this regards, and I do understand the challenges you mentioned. The truth is that most businesses are really struggling for survival now.

I will also suggest that you consider recording the classes on DVDs that can be sold to parents. This will be cheaper than costs of online data and hopefully they will buy.

I also think that the umbrella body for private school proprietors should make more advocacy to the government on behalf of members at this time, as they provide a very essential service to the society. I wish you the best.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by Patiks: 9:52pm On Jun 11, 2020
teefaht:

Hmmm,
All the parents I'm working with stop me from coming since March because of corona in Abuja.
Some are still owing.

Private lessons is even risky this period because parents will owe you and blame it on corona.

Thank God for virtual learning that is bringing token at the end of the month, we for no chop.

I was also wondering because mine did same. One even asked me to teach the child via online.

Most parents are very cautious of their families' safety in this period.
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by ogwoliun: 9:52pm On Jun 11, 2020
zik4ever:
If you are a professional teacher resident in Abuja, preferably around Karu site, Nyanya or Jikwoyi axis and can do home lesson for Basic 9 (JSS 3) Basic Science, Basic Technology or Mathematics, please reach me ASAP.
I wish this is Bwari axis because these are the subjects that I am currently teaching.
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by Amanda4life: 9:54pm On Jun 11, 2020
Infact na drinking garri na my main food this time.

I can't wait to resume
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by moonberry: 9:56pm On Jun 11, 2020
Hope it reaches the right channel.
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by RealisticGirl(f): 9:57pm On Jun 11, 2020
I pray for God's favour to locate, all the private teachers. cry

5 Likes

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by mustausman(m): 9:59pm On Jun 11, 2020
technoguy:

Which school do you teach

Unique Model School, Birni KEBBI, KEBBI State. Thank you and God bless.
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by Eastside22(m): 10:07pm On Jun 11, 2020
It has not been easy for my mum since the lockdown, no salary and she happen to a single parent we're living by the mercies of God and the home lesson she does

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by Eastside22(m): 10:08pm On Jun 11, 2020
RealisticGirl:
I pray for God's favour to locate, all the private teachers. cry
My mum needs this prayer so much

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by pek(m): 10:11pm On Jun 11, 2020
nija80:

Taught thought as much
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by pek(m): 10:17pm On Jun 11, 2020
RhemaDavids:
please I did not say I am asking for help to feed, and I didn't say I was not into online class, every school, every state and every parents have their own peculiarities, you don't know the kind of school I run, even with the home lesson that I organize now, it is still not enough for my teachers, most of my parents are average parents that are not I.T inclined, and have refused to pay for online class even the little we do we do for free, and the one's we have is not enough, the government needs to do something for the private school owners and teachers Asap
A school proprietor wrote this? Hmmm
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by mustausman(m): 10:22pm On Jun 11, 2020
Bros, it hasn't been easy on our part at all. Please help a brother with anything within your reach. Thanks and God bless. GTB,0464929698,IBRAHIM BELLO...
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by Happyfela(m): 10:27pm On Jun 11, 2020
You be mumu I swear
ofiko123:
Let the private school teachers look for other jobs..

4 Likes

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by Minjim: 10:35pm On Jun 11, 2020
AngelicDamsel:
I understand.

I know some teachers making more than their salary this period, from private and home lessons. Pray for grace!

Are you a private school teacher?
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by megama: 10:37pm On Jun 11, 2020
SeverusSnape:
I really feel for private school teachers. I thought of them some days ago, They are one of the most affected set of workers this period.
you don't need to be sorry for them. They have lots left in their baskets to cater for their needs. Privates school in Nigeria needs to be regulated, as per fees they charge
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by Chukslar: 10:38pm On Jun 11, 2020
School Teacher You can make over N165,000,000 Monthly on Our *Downloadable Video Schooling Platform.

HOW
1) Register with www.myeducationunlimited.com Free
2) Attend a 1 day one on one WhatsApp training on how to make and upload a protected Lesson Videos Free
3) Record your Lesson Videos with your Teachers, each Topic Video about 10-15mins each.
4) Upload all your Lesson videos to www.myeducationunlimited.com Free
5) Sit back and watch as our growing 50,000+ parents subscriber base, subscribe to your video lessons at N200/Lesson Topic.
All video lessons are Protected & Downloadable

�Youl can start Now.�
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by Minjim: 10:41pm On Jun 11, 2020
ephraim18:
Is a pity... I feel for the them as well... And o think they're the most hit by this pandemic... Imagine my girl who's teaching in one of the private school in abuja told me they've not been paid for march and the propriator has not even call and ask how they're fairing and coping... Too bad... Government should come to their needooo pls or else most of them will die of hunger

My school was owing us February when the lock down began.
Since, we not heard anything

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by dreofGod(m): 10:42pm On Jun 11, 2020
AngelicDamsel:
I understand.

I know some teachers making more than their salary this period, from private and home lessons. Pray for grace!
My sister, your last line said it all. As a private school teacher,I am a testimony of the grace of GOD. But for the benefit of the majority, I would have wished that this period continues because I am enjoying it. I only pray that we return to normalcy soon.
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by ferdvict2(m): 10:43pm On Jun 11, 2020
Ausrichie:

I've been to three and I can tell you boldly that they are the reasons I hate capitalists.

Capitalist strive because it is part of the system. we can't do without it.

I pray the school heads assist. The welfare of their works should be looked into.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by ferdvict2(m): 10:46pm On Jun 11, 2020
hstar:

The last time I visit our school, I was shocked to see my oga sleeping on bench, some school owners self are badly hit.

My oga that I'm talking of is a big man and responsible proprietor, but he was hit as well

Then, it is terrible
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by RhemaDavids(f): 10:55pm On Jun 11, 2020
pek:
A school proprietor wrote this? Hmmm

What's that suppose to mean?
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by dayorich: 10:55pm On Jun 11, 2020
Are you their Treasurer or Financial Secretary?
Why are you soliciting for yourself alone na
And are you sure you are not even a scammer?
In fact, show your official identity card here...

mustausman:

Bros, it hasn't been easy on our part at all. Please help a brother with anything within your reach. Thanks and God bless. GTB,0464929698,IBRAHIM BELLO...

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by ayorinde217(m): 10:57pm On Jun 11, 2020
Let us not just feel for Private school teachers in this trying time, nothing is too small at this period. Some have already dropped their account details on this thread. Let's try to drop something for them even if its just 1k.
We all know our leaders have failed us, but we can try in our own little way to better our society

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by pek(m): 11:00pm On Jun 11, 2020
RhemaDavids:

What's that suppose to mean?
Read in between the lines.
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by mustausman(m): 11:09pm On Jun 11, 2020
ayorinde217:
Let us not just feel for Private school teachers in this trying time, nothing is too small at this period. Some have already dropped their account details on this thread. Let's try to drop something for them even if its just 1k.
We all know our leaders have failed us, but we can try in our own little way to better our society

Thank you brother for the understanding. Nothing is too small. GTB, 0464929698,I.B.
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by donkaz2(m): 11:09pm On Jun 11, 2020
It's really not easy at this period for us. Someone said some teachers are doing home and extra lesson well it depends on the area and the kind of parents your dealing with, I have student I take at home before the pendemic but for the fear and news now parents have stopped me from coming and schools are not paying, I managed to talk to about 5 of my pupils parents into online lesson just to make a living with family it's not easy
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by bumeks(f): 11:10pm On Jun 11, 2020
We have not been paid March salary
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by ayorinde217(m): 11:10pm On Jun 11, 2020
ogwoliun:
I just received Alert of 1k now from Ayorinde Felix, may almighty God bless you real good. This 1k will go along way. Thanks once again, I appreciateg!
Amen! Everything is gonna be alright by God's grace

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? / Optometry , Dentistry Or Physiotherapy? / My Visit To The University Of Nigeria (pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.