Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,269 members, 7,839,348 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

How To Avoid Pitfalls In Ministry - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Avoid Pitfalls In Ministry (409 Views)

Benny Hinn 'Faints' As A Nigerian Sows $1 Million Into His Ministry (Video) / Members Of Salvation Ministry Blasted For Buying Their PAPA A Private Jet / Omega Power Ministry Shades Pastor Ibiyeomie (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Avoid Pitfalls In Ministry by Missyajoke(f): 12:50am On Jun 14, 2020
HOW TO AVOID PITFALLS IN MINISTRY

Good morning and a Happy Sunday to you all. I'll like to share a short message on " HOW TO AVOID PITFALLS IN MINISTRY".

1. Ministry must be demarcated from marriage.
2. Don't take ministerial work at the expense of your marriage.
3. Don't use ministry to fatten yourself.
4. Don't make any man the pillar of your ministry.
5. You must be able to fast and pray. Prayerlessness leads to pitfall.
6. Let there be limitation in your relationship with opposite sex.
7. BEWARE! The devil plays upon what you always desire/love.
8. Cover your wife's weaknesses in public.
9. Stand firm on the Word, but don't be proud about it.
10. Tame your appetite.
11. It's not every honorarium that you collect, be careful.
12. "Autonomy of Pastor" is a pitfall, don't think you are self-sufficient.
13. Don't live a seclusive life, have fellowship with others, right people.
14. Be a praying machine.
15. Watch your doctrine, be alert in the spirit, flee all appearances of evil, live with eternity in view.
16. Avoid "Balak-Balam revival" never invite a preacher to come minister in your church for wrong reasons.
17. Handle your home well, avoid anything that can cause separation or divorce.
18. Don't underrate your members, they are people of God.
19. Don't speak evil of other pastors, love does not speak evil of it's brother.
20. A pastor must have a pastor. Have elders that can help you,
21. Remain addicted to the teaching of God's word.
22. Pastor's and Pastor's wife's should Stop Borrowing Money from Jesus Members and the Public.
23. Be a True Disciple of our Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
24.Have Self control and Discipline yourself under the power of the Holyghost.
25. Be humble enough to fall prostrate before the Lord in Worship
26.You don't discuss your host with his members.
27. You don't ask your host members to come see you secretly for prayers .
28. You are not to be collecting your host members telephone numbers.
29. You can't be inviting your host members to another church or your next ministrations.
30. At least let the host know if someone blesses you, it won't affect your honorarium.
31.Stay within the time given to you and respect the order of the service

Happy Sunday to you all
Re: How To Avoid Pitfalls In Ministry by Kobojunkie: 12:58am On Jun 14, 2020
So? Moses who put his work for God ahead of His marriage was wrong ? Does God really value your marriage as much as you do? undecided
Re: How To Avoid Pitfalls In Ministry by Missyajoke(f): 12:59am On Jun 14, 2020
Kobojunkie:
So? Moses who put his work for God ahead of His marriage was wrong ? Does God really value your marriage as much as you do? undecided

Seems you didn't read through.
Re: How To Avoid Pitfalls In Ministry by Kobojunkie: 1:00am On Jun 14, 2020
Missyajoke:

Seems you didn't read through.
you gave points, i picked on the first couple to begin with.
Re: How To Avoid Pitfalls In Ministry by Missyajoke(f): 1:04am On Jun 14, 2020
Kobojunkie:
you gave points, i picked on the first couple to begin with.

grin grin Never seen someone like you on these forum always picking on peeps. I don't have the energy to explain abeg may be later.
Goodnight
Re: How To Avoid Pitfalls In Ministry by Kobojunkie: 1:24am On Jun 14, 2020
Missyajoke:

grin grin Never seen someone like you on these forum always picking on peeps. I don't have the energy to explain abeg may be later.
Goodnight
Pick on peeps? Never ever take my posts personally... I am here, not for persons but to defend the truth of God.

I don't even defend God Himself, He does not need us for that. He does need us to speak His truth no matter what. That is all i am here for.
Re: How To Avoid Pitfalls In Ministry by Missyajoke(f): 8:23am On Jun 14, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Pick on peeps? Never ever take my posts personally... I am here, not for persons but to defend the truth of God.

I don't even defend God Himself, He does not need us for that. He does need us to speak His truth no matter what. That is all i am here for.

Good morning Mr kobojunkie grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Does Anyone Want To Stay Single Forever? What Is The Reason? / Today Is The 4th Year Anniversary Of Jehovah And Allah's Imprisonment / The Man That No Muslim Can Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.