Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,044 members, 7,845,409 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Is Too Much Profit A Sin? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Too Much Profit A Sin? (19266 Views)

What Shall It Profit A Man If He Gains The Whole World And Lose His Own Soul. / Masturbation Is A Sin, No Matter Your View About It / Pastor Arinze Okoli Mmaduabuchi: "Gay Is Not A Sin” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Too Much Profit A Sin? by hilfinity(m): 9:28pm On Jun 14, 2020
Petersamuel8:
My opinion though

IT IS GREED

U have said it all
Re: Is Too Much Profit A Sin? by Slynation(m): 11:44pm On Jun 14, 2020
JourneytoEL:
Personally, a gain of 300k is not greedy or sinful because it is not excess. Remember, you did not add shop rent, shop maintenance costs, staff salaries, tax etc. Besides, you did not state how long it takes to sell it all off. If it takes 2 months to make a gain of 300k on a product, it means the business is not yet successful sef. The bible is against using false scales and Cheating People and also against inflating prices to frustrate people. Eg garri that is normally sold for #500 per paint because you heard the government is introducing a lockdown you sell that same stock for #1500 per paint.
And you ended up contradicting yourself
Re: Is Too Much Profit A Sin? by gentlestdude(m): 3:30am On Jun 15, 2020
bamvik:
I Am curious to know from bible scholars in the house. You see a situation where the wholesale price of an item is lets say #2100 * 100pieces =210,000. Transportation = 90,000, total =300k and the trader eventually selling it #6000naira which is =600k.

So is it a sin? Your answers with biblical reference
op please which product is that?
Re: Is Too Much Profit A Sin? by joenor(m): 9:00am On Jun 15, 2020
To me, I have not come across this question as per making too much profit a sin, as for you are not hitting too hard on whom you are selling those things to.
bamvik:
I Am curious to know from bible scholars in the house. You see a situation where the wholesale price of an item is lets say #2100 * 100pieces =210,000. Transportation = 90,000, total =300k and the trader eventually selling it #6000naira which is =600k.

So is it a sin? Your answers with biblical reference
Re: Is Too Much Profit A Sin? by Chuky7(m): 11:26am On Jun 17, 2020
Darkseid:
As far as you don't put the customer under duress, and the customer doesn't complain, I don't see a reason why it should be a sin. If the price is too high, you walk away, it's a choice.
I wonder what you'll say about domain investors buying for as low as $10 and selling for $10,000, sometimes even millions of dollars.

I have always wanted to go into this domain flipping...

I hear people cash out big time...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Basic Reason Why Nigeria Marriages Fail - Pastor Sunday Adelaja / The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja / Reasons Why The Apocrypha Does Not Belong In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.