Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,364 members, 7,850,330 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:38 PM

Why The High Rate Of Phone Tech Illiteracy - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why The High Rate Of Phone Tech Illiteracy (2798 Views)

Looking For (PHONE) Tech Writers / What Type Of Phone Are You Using At The Moment? / Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The High Rate Of Phone Tech Illiteracy by witnezHD(m): 12:01am On Jun 15, 2020
Like some people that blames apple and google for everything,...i ll say i blame apple for making their iphone too expensive and google for whatever they are not doing right...

1 Like

Re: Why The High Rate Of Phone Tech Illiteracy by Gjackzy(m): 1:03am On Jun 15, 2020
witnezHD:
Like some people that blames apple and google for everything,...i ll say i blame apple for making their iphone too expensive and google for whatever they are not doing right...
iPhones are not expensive compare to infinix and tecno that are looting people’s hard earned money. At least with iPhone you get the value for your money

4 Likes

Re: Why The High Rate Of Phone Tech Illiteracy by falcon01: 6:11am On Jun 15, 2020
elvischukie:
Its Nigeria Bro,a lot of em are Illiterates in That Who needs processor when the phone can last 5 days on a single charge? cheesy or when THE Camera can snap Bright low colour pics? apart from that Nigerians are unexpired on lots of Innovative aspect
Re: Why The High Rate Of Phone Tech Illiteracy by phemmyfour: 6:48am On Jun 15, 2020
elvischukie:
I was privileged to visit slot and 3chub yesterday with a friend of mine to help him get a good samsung device.

While waiting to get attended to, took my time to observe series of events going on(won’t mention the tech company) and i was soo astonished how gullible we nigerians are when it comes to mobile phones, all most customers there cared about was max battery capacity(talking about 5/6k mah) and i was like, did this guys walk in here to buy powerbank or a mobile gadget?.

Other interest they had were high number of pixels and ram not caring how true those numbers are.

was soo shocked non, not even one while i was there even bothered asking about the processors used in producing these phones, i’m sure they aren’t even aware there is anything called chipset in a mobile phone.

And also i observed these marketers never mentioned it, or even bothered explaining to the customers, neither was it written down on the phone specs.

Worse was the category of people that didn’t even care about the features of the phone they wanna get and i wondered, who does that?

Why is there this high level of phone tech illiteracy amongst us, here on nairaland i see alot of people enlightened about what matters most in a mobile phone but when you go out in the streets, you’ll find out non even have idea of what is even called multitasking not to talk of processors.

who is to be blamed here, customers or tech companies?
What's the biz with someone and processor speed if all he does with his phone is Facebook/WhatsApp
Re: Why The High Rate Of Phone Tech Illiteracy by Nobody: 7:34am On Jun 15, 2020
phemmyfour:
What's the biz with someone and processor speed if all he does with his phone is Facebook/WhatsApp

so you support one getting a 60k phone just to facebook and whatsapp?

2 Likes

Re: Why The High Rate Of Phone Tech Illiteracy by obo389(m): 8:30am On Jun 15, 2020
elvischukie:
I was privileged to visit slot and 3chub yesterday with a friend of mine to help him get a good samsung device.

While waiting to get attended to, took my time to observe series of events going on(won’t mention the tech company) and i was soo astonished how gullible we nigerians are when it comes to mobile phones, all most customers there cared about was max battery capacity(talking about 5/6k mah) and i was like, did this guys walk in here to buy powerbank or a mobile gadget?.

Other interest they had were high number of pixels and ram not caring how true those numbers are.

was soo shocked non, not even one while i was there even bothered asking about the processors used in producing these phones, i’m sure they aren’t even aware there is anything called chipset in a mobile phone.

And also i observed these marketers never mentioned it, or even bothered explaining to the customers, neither was it written down on the phone specs.

Worse was the category of people that didn’t even care about the features of the phone they wanna get and i wondered, who does that?

Why is there this high level of phone tech illiteracy amongst us, here on nairaland i see alot of people enlightened about what matters most in a mobile phone but when you go out in the streets, you’ll find out non even have idea of what is even called multitasking not to talk of processors.

who is to be blamed here, customers or tech companies?
Please help some of us here in that category that claim they are knowledgeable about phones.
What and what are necessary and required for one to look out for what purchasing a smart phone.
Thank you in advance
Re: Why The High Rate Of Phone Tech Illiteracy by Nobody: 8:55am On Jun 15, 2020
obo389:

Please help some of us here in that category that claim they are knowledgeable about phones.
What and what are necessary and required for one to look out for what purchasing a smart phone.
Thank you in advance

processor, ram& ram optimization, rom, camera quality not just pixel numbers, battery life quality and always go for a reputable brand that won’t inflate those figures
Re: Why The High Rate Of Phone Tech Illiteracy by phemmyfour: 9:45am On Jun 15, 2020
elvischukie:

so you support one getting a 60k phone just to facebook and whatsapp?
Its their money
Re: Why The High Rate Of Phone Tech Illiteracy by obo389(m): 9:46am On Jun 15, 2020
elvischukie:

processor, ram& ram optimization, rom, camera quality not just pixel numbers, battery life quality and always go for a reputable brand that won’t inflate those figures
Please I know you maybe busy but kindly expanciate more on the processor, ram and ram optimization with the rom you stated.
I usually find those difficult to understand when mentioned.
Thank you.
Re: Why The High Rate Of Phone Tech Illiteracy by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 15, 2020
phemmyfour:
Its their money

marketer spotted

3 Likes

Re: Why The High Rate Of Phone Tech Illiteracy by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 15, 2020
obo389:

Please I know you maybe busy but kindly expanciate more on the processor, ram and ram optimization with the rom you stated.
I usually find those difficult to understand when mentioned.
Thank you.

here are some list of good processors you should look at for, ranked according to performance

Re: Why The High Rate Of Phone Tech Illiteracy by edoairways: 10:15am On Jun 15, 2020
elvischukie:

Can you create a thread to enlighten the public on these specifications?
Re: Why The High Rate Of Phone Tech Illiteracy by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 15, 2020
edoairways:

Can you create a thread to enlighten the public on these specifications?

my point is nairaland phone section have had alot of such threads and i thought such would have help by far, but going out to the streets, seem more like what we discuss on nairaland remains on nairaland, only a handful out there on the streets knows about this
Re: Why The High Rate Of Phone Tech Illiteracy by atheistandproud(m): 11:11am On Jun 15, 2020
elvischukie:

my point is nairaland phone section have had alot of such threads and i thought such would have help by far, but going out to the streets, seem more like what we discuss on nairaland remains on nairaland, only a handful out there on the streets knows about this

OP well done.

As for those people looking for articles to enlighten the public. Click on my username and read plenty. They're there.

Back to Elvischukie.

At Slot and Pointek in Delta state, they know me well. The Infinix bros at Pointek doesn't like me at all. Because if you prescribe phone for me and cannot back it up with knowledge, I won't give you breathing space.

I don't blame our marketers. They have to fulfil quotas. Their daily bread depends on it. Where I have issues is when they attack people trying to educate others.

As for the population, Nigeria is filled with adults who were born between the 1920s and the 1990s. These people are the adults. Those from the 20s till the 70s and maybe mid-80s are make up a large number of the adults who earn money. They don't care about technology, they only need a phone that they can use for communication. They lived in a time without technology so these things don't freak them. So from the mid 90s down, the young people who are interested in technology and are a bit literate don't have the spending power yet.

A child I tutored privately proudly messaged me to show me his new device. It was a Samsung A01 (with very decent specs for a good price) and I was proud of him for being able to use what I taught him to avoid the scrapy specs company.

In 10 years, the more of the 90s and 2000s kids will become salary earners and the story will change. Believe me.

10 Likes

Re: Why The High Rate Of Phone Tech Illiteracy by Nobody: 11:54am On Jun 15, 2020
atheistandproud:

OP well done.

As for those people looking for articles to enlighten the public. Click on my username and read plenty. They're there.

Back to Elvischukie.

At Slot and Pointek in Delta state, they know me well. The Infinix bros at Pointek doesn't like me at all. Because if you prescribe phone for me and cannot back it up with knowledge, I won't give you breathing space.

I don't blame our marketers. They have to fulfil quotas. Their daily bread depends on it. Where I have issues is when they attack people trying to educate others.

As for the population, Nigeria is filled with adults who were born between the 1920s and the 1990s. These people are the adults. Those from the 20s till the 70s and maybe mid-80s are make up a large number of the adults who earn money. They don't care about technology, they only need a phone that they can use for communication. They lived in a time without technology so these things don't freak them. So from the mid 90s down, the young people who are interested in technology and are a bit literate don't have the spending power yet.

A child I tutored privately proudly messaged me to show me his new device. It was a Samsung A01 (with very decent specs for a good price) and I was proud of him for being able to use what I taught him to avoid the scrapy specs company.

In 10 years, the more of the 90s and 2000s kids will become salary earners and the story will change. Believe me.

well said
Re: Why The High Rate Of Phone Tech Illiteracy by SUPERPACK: 11:57am On Jun 15, 2020
People drinking panadol for another man's headache.
Re: Why The High Rate Of Phone Tech Illiteracy by eleojo23: 12:45pm On Jun 15, 2020
seunfly:

exactly what i wanted to say, Nigerians lacks knowledge of many things even the ones that passed through four walls of university don't even know anything about what they study.

The rich, the poor even the ones in high places don't know things and they all argue alot.
The only thing they know is political, religion and tribal sentiment, they create foolish opinion without fact, believes in it and tries very hard to sell those biased opinion to others as a fact.

i v resolved not to disscus issues with average Nigerians again because they believe more in their personal formed biased opinion than fact.
Imagine one was telling me Ghana does not have a single case of covid 19 just because he wants to believe convid 19 does not exist and government is lying. At the end he shouted “Buhari is a scam”
How does Buhari being a scam relates to fact twisting and claiming Ghana does not have a single covid 19 case.

Another was a man comparing Ghana exchange rate and claiming Nigeria has finished, i ask him if he knows about currency redinomination and that Ghana did currency redinomination but he never belived it, though the man is a banker.

Only few people discuss with facts in this country. Most people talk based on sentiments and sometimes what they say defies logic yet they think they are correct.

And what's more troubling ? They see you who has the facts and follow logic as "the one wey no sabi what's up"

Chai...!
(somebody help me with the facepalm emoji abeg)

6 Likes

Re: Why The High Rate Of Phone Tech Illiteracy by DragnetisaKuk(f): 12:51pm On Jun 15, 2020
eleojo23:

Only few people discuss with facts in this country. Most people talk based on sentiments and sometimes what they say defies logic yet they think they are correct.

And what's more troubling ? They see you who has the facts and follow logic as "the one wey no sabi what's up"

Chai...!

(/° • °)/ ~|_____|
Re: Why The High Rate Of Phone Tech Illiteracy by alphaNomega: 4:11pm On Jun 15, 2020
seunfly:

exactly what i wanted to say, Nigerians lacks knowledge of many things even the ones that passed through four walls of university don't even know anything about what they study.

The rich, the poor even the ones in high places don't know things and they all argue alot.
The only thing they know is political, religion and tribal sentiment, they create foolish opinion without fact, believes in it and tries very hard to sell those biased opinion to others as a fact.

i v resolved not to disscus issues with average Nigerians again because they believe more in their personal formed biased opinion than fact.
Imagine one was telling me Ghana does not have a single case of covid 19 just because he wants to believe convid 19 does not exist and government is lying. At the end he shouted “Buhari is a scam”
How does Buhari being a scam relates to fact twisting and claiming Ghana does not have a single covid 19 case.

Another was a man comparing Ghana exchange rate and claiming Nigeria has finished, i ask him if he knows about currency redinomination and that Ghana did currency redinomination but he never belived it, though the man is a banker.

Tell that man I said he is an idíot. If he does not believe you, show him this post angry
Re: Why The High Rate Of Phone Tech Illiteracy by reigncalif1: 5:00pm On Jun 15, 2020
eleojo23:

Chai...!

u no lie ,,,,, can u imagine some people arguing with me today that crude oil was not formed by dead organisms that God created it and put it there ,,, chai. . we argue this and they said that I don't have Sense . how can dead organisms turn into OIL. they couldn't even allow me explain the mechanism ,and they were even forcing me to shut that I was talking rubbish
.. I just tire for this country
Re: Why The High Rate Of Phone Tech Illiteracy by eleojo23: 5:41pm On Jun 15, 2020
reigncalif1:

u no lie ,,,,, can u imagine some people arguing with me today that crude oil was not formed by dead organisms that God created it and put it there ,,, chai. . we argue this and they said that I don't have Sense . how can dead organisms turn into OIL. they couldn't even allow me explain the mechanism ,and they were even forcing me to shut that I was talking rubbish
.. I just tire for this country

Oh my God! grin
And they must have had 'big' phones in their pocket o with Google just a click away...

Their case is a hopeless one. Smh cheesy
Re: Why The High Rate Of Phone Tech Illiteracy by reigncalif1: 6:28pm On Jun 15, 2020
eleojo23:

Oh my God! grin
And they must have had 'big' phones in their pocket o with Google just a click away...

Their case is a hopeless one. Smh cheesy
honestly the case is bigger than nairaland ,the street is where the bigger problem lies , we have bunch of illiterates in this country and they were not ready to learn and unlearn . even in tech , they will always argue without facts ,if try telling then about processors ,they will start telling u about battery,. try telling them about camera lens, they argue about 64mp . they are never ready to learn
today's own just annoyed me eehhh
Re: Why The High Rate Of Phone Tech Illiteracy by Nobody: 8:34am On Jun 16, 2020
reigncalif1:

honestly the case is bigger than nairaland ,the street is where the bigger problem lies , we have bunch of illiterates in this country and they were not ready to learn and unlearn . even in tech , they will always argue without facts ,if try telling then about processors ,they will start telling u about battery,. try telling them about camera lens, they argue about 64mp . they are never ready to learn
today's own just annoyed me eehhh

Ah swear,, lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

iPhone 6s plus 64gb 70k firm. Sold / How To Get Cheap 9mobile 1.5GB For N200 Morecliq Data Offer / Photo Of Galaxy S10 Series With Side Fingerprint Scanner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.