Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,513 members, 7,854,195 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:18 PM

Why Rivers Government House Should Be Demolished - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Rivers Government House Should Be Demolished (2011 Views)

Rivers Government Begins Demolition Of Assembly Complex (Photos) / Our Shops Will Be Demolished Because Igbo Didn't Vote For APC — Alaba Shop Owner / Sex Party: El-Rufai's Son's House Should Also Be Demolished - Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Rivers Government House Should Be Demolished by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jun 14, 2020
The hypocrisy of Gov. Wike stinks to high heaven.

How can he dare, after destroying the livelihood of his own people under the guise of being the all-active warrior and action governor against COVID-19, allow Gov. Obaseki cross borders into his own state, flouting not only his own state rule but the federal law with reckless abandon.

Is this not a case of himself becoming the evil he's out to fight? What manner of disregard is this to the Rivers and Nigerian people?

Shouldn't the Rivers government house or his private residence be demolished in absolute enactment of his own evil Executive Order? Our politicians push us too aggressively to the wall.

And if you call for NairaMarley's head for holding a concert in Abuja yesterday and you don't see anything wrong in this as well, you're one of the problem.

3 Likes

Re: Why Rivers Government House Should Be Demolished by Poloyanabo2(m): 5:26pm On Jun 14, 2020
[quote author=ThreeBlackBird post=90665721]/quote]
Buy hope you know that in Nigeria, the law is made for the poor, and hypocrisy is our anthem?
Re: Why Rivers Government House Should Be Demolished by bitterpill: 5:29pm On Jun 14, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

How can he dare, after destroying the livelihood of his own people under the guise of being the all-active warrior and action governor against COVID-19, allow Gov. Obaseki cross borders into his own state, flouting not only his own state rule but the federal law with reckless abandon.

Is this not a case of himself becoming the evil he's out to fight? What manner of disregard is this to the Rivers and Nigerian people?

Shouldn't the Rivers government house or his private residence be demolished in absolute enactment of his own evil Executive Order? Our politicians push us too aggressively to the wall.

And if you call for NairaMarley's head for holding a concert in Abuja yesterday and you don't see anything wrong in this as well, you're one of the problem.

Louder!
Re: Why Rivers Government House Should Be Demolished by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 14, 2020
Poloyanabo2:

Buy hope you know that in Nigeria, the law is made for the poor, and hypocrisy is our anthem?

I'm really angry that Wicked Wike could allow this happen without fear of the masses. This used to be the case in the dark, old ages when kings were powerful rulers.

We shouldn't be disregarded this much in 2020 or am I expecting too much?

2 Likes

Re: Why Rivers Government House Should Be Demolished by BuhariNaWah: 5:41pm On Jun 14, 2020
You say Wike, but I see a welder

3 Likes

Re: Why Rivers Government House Should Be Demolished by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jun 14, 2020
Welder Wike can never do wrong courtesy PDP, PDP members and supporters, just like some of us that are supporting APC , nothing is ever wrong with Tinubu and Buhari govt

3 Likes

Re: Why Rivers Government House Should Be Demolished by Dakad: 6:26pm On Jun 14, 2020
Our leaders from the top to the bottom are the problem of this country. So who exactly are they deceiving. The way my able governor was going about strict obedient to executive order, I least expect this from him. All our leaders care for is power and anything to show they are the one in power
Re: Why Rivers Government House Should Be Demolished by Mightyodi: 7:31pm On Jun 14, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

my brother, Gov Wike does not mann the borders, so he wasn't the one that allowed Gov Obaseki into Rivers. if you must be fair to yourself, are ordinary people not crossing the inter state border everyday. has such people's house been demolished. its quite unfortunate that a Man's hotel was destroyed, but it was an avoidable one, I think the hotel management could have done better liasing with his documents and negotiations with Riv Gov, than allow himself to been drawn into the media, granting all manner of interviews, where people use as such statement to heat the polity. I felt for him shall. how far? those people heating the polity has abandoned him. They have pushed him to a point where he is hung in a balance.

Op remembered, that there was a drama and gun shot in Aso rock over a presidential aide that refuse to self isolate with first lady. what is good for the goose, complete it....... it means Aso Rock should be demolished too, abi.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Rivers Government House Should Be Demolished by Asgard13: 7:45pm On Jun 14, 2020
Yoruba people ranting.....

Obaseki don became no 1 enemy of Yoruba people... simply because he no act wise and have refuse to be a slave..
Dem Dey even abuse Benin people join ... now na wike...

Never seen a tribe like this .... if Obaseki win ba?

grin grin

Till then?
‘Yoruba people funny’

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Rivers Government House Should Be Demolished by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jun 14, 2020
Mightyodi:

my brother, Gov Wike does not mann the borders, so he wasn't the one that allowed Gov Obaseki into Rivers. if you must be fair to yourself, are ordinary people not crossing the inter state border everyday. has such people's house been demolished. its quite unfortunate that a Man's hotel was destroyed, but it was an avoidable one, I think the hotel management could have done better liasing with his documents and negotiations with Riv Gov, than allow himself to been drawn into the media, granting all manner of interviews, where people use as such statement to heat the polity. I felt for him shall. how far? those people heating the polity has abandoned him. They have pushed him to a point where he is hung in a balance.

Op remembered, that there was a drama and gun shot in Aso rock over a presidential aide that refuse to self isolate with first lady. what is good for the goose, complete it....... it means Aso Rock should be demolished too, abi.

Brother, please, understand me. People has been breaking this order but from Wike's body language, this coming from him is low. Are you saying Obaseki did not call him before making the journey?

Even if ordinary men break the law, brother, should it be leaders? Is leadership not about leading the followers aright?

People of good conscience would agree that what he did was wrong. That alone is enough reasons for every resident of rivers to go berserk and push the regulations aside.

The Aso Rock saga was wrong too but I haven't seen vindictive and extreme measures taken from Aso Rock since Coronavirus started. The worst was taking offender to court. Those ones have no regard for their own laws and their body language speaks that. But Wike? I can't believe after the holier than thou attitude, he broke his own and federal law.

4 Likes

Re: Why Rivers Government House Should Be Demolished by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 14, 2020
Asgard13:

Obaseki don became no 1 enemy of Yoruba people... simply because he no act wise and have refuse to be a slave..

grin grin

Till then?
‘Yoruba people funny’

What manner of people am I sharing this country with, ehn? Abi which kind wahala be this?

How hard is it to see that it's not about Obaseki but Wike who was arresting everyone and everything possible and signed executive order that allowed him demolish properties, yet, he openly disregard the people of his state and flout federal law?

How do you even sleep at night? You think Yoruba, breath Yoruba, dream Yoruba, fight Yoruba. Why is this hatred so much, please? I don't understand anymore.

2 Likes

Re: Why Rivers Government House Should Be Demolished by Mightyodi: 9:32pm On Jun 14, 2020
Even if ordinary men break the law, brother, should it be leaders? Is leadership not about leading the followers aright?

If you have grouse with Gov Wike, state it. Don't make it sound like when a leader crosses the border today, it will then make people beserk. Have the people not been going beserk by crossing the borders even during the total lockdown period. What is your point exactly, is it that ordinary ppl who have been crossing since should be be given pat on the back, as if they won't spread covid-19, but a leader who crosses today, in your own feelings have covid-19 and will spread to all Rivers citizen.

Speaking about executive orders, Gov Wike should have not sign executive orders abi. He should have left stubborn and doubting Nigerians to go about their normal business. And that's your suggestion in curtailing the spread abi. Please suggest something else Wike should have done instead of signing executive orders knowing that Rivers State is a business hub go oil exploration that attract foreign travellers, let me see your intelligence. Don't be just be stiff criticizing without a better alternative.
Re: Why Rivers Government House Should Be Demolished by helinues: 9:33pm On Jun 14, 2020
embarassed
Re: Why Rivers Government House Should Be Demolished by helinues: 9:35pm On Jun 14, 2020
Asgard13:

grin grin

Till then?
‘Yoruba people funny’

A day without you shouting Yoruba on NL is an incomplete day.

Take it easy guy

1 Like

Re: Why Rivers Government House Should Be Demolished by Sonoyom(m): 10:01pm On Jun 14, 2020
OP as you prepare the caterpillar for demolition of Rivers State govt house please start from the Aso Rock villa. We show what happened during the burial of the former Chief of Staff how crowded the place was you guys defended it now you want to demolish Rivers State government house. President Buhari's private secretary traveled to Lagos of all places, and returned to the villa few days ago and you did not ask for the demolition of Aso Rock or his personal residence.
Am not saying that you shouldn't clamour for the building to be demolished or you shouldn't demolish it yourself if you have the strength but i would love it if you start from the villa.
Re: Why Rivers Government House Should Be Demolished by Passionate888: 11:24pm On Jun 14, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

Gov. Obaseki is on essential duty.
Re: Why Rivers Government House Should Be Demolished by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jun 14, 2020
Passionate888:
Gov. Obaseki is on essential duty.

� Are you trying to be funny?

2 Likes

Re: Why Rivers Government House Should Be Demolished by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jun 14, 2020
Mightyodi:

If you have grouse with Gov Wike, state it. Don't make it sound like when a leader crosses the border today, it will then make people beserk. Have the people not been going beserk by crossing the borders even during the total lockdown period. What is your point exactly, is it that ordinary ppl who have been crossing since should be be given pat on the back, as if they won't spread covid-19, but a leader who crosses today, in your own feelings have covid-19 and will spread to all Rivers citizen.

Speaking about executive orders, Gov Wike should have not sign executive orders abi. He should have left stubborn and doubting Nigerians to go about their normal business. And that's your suggestion in curtailing the spread abi. Please suggest something else Wike should have done instead of signing executive orders knowing that Rivers State is a business hub go oil exploration that attract foreign travellers, let me see your intelligence. Don't be just be stiff criticizing without a better alternative.
Ok

2 Likes

Re: Why Rivers Government House Should Be Demolished by Passionate888: 11:48pm On Jun 14, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

� Are you trying to be funny?
didn't you read where the minister of humanitarian etc etc visited her state just last week? Wasn't there restriction of movement then? Why didn't you voice out?
Re: Why Rivers Government House Should Be Demolished by Okeytus(m): 12:49am On Jun 15, 2020
because the visit is in Rivers government house, what if it's in Ask rock? hypocrites
Re: Why Rivers Government House Should Be Demolished by LivingSage: 1:21am On Jun 15, 2020
Emperor himself
Re: Why Rivers Government House Should Be Demolished by Nobody: 8:31am On Jun 15, 2020
Passionate888:
didn't you read where the minister of humanitarian etc etc visited her state just last week? Wasn't there restriction of movement then? Why didn't you voice out?

Guy, all is wrong. Buh whose house has the minister demolished for contravening the rules? None.

Many governors are crossing borders which is wrong but no one talks about it because they aren't hypocrites. They look the other way even when their residents contravene the law.

But Wike? That one went ahead to destroy someone hotel, arrested high profiled people who were even on essential duty for moving during the lockdown and was misbehaving like a loose dog. He even put a bridge across his borders only to open it for his friend to come in. Even if any other governor would break that law, it shouldn't be Wike.

I'm just surprised many of you aren't seeing the hypocrisy in what Wike has done and it's very unfortunate how bad you still try to suppress people who talk about it.

We still have a long way to go as a country.

2 Likes

Re: Why Rivers Government House Should Be Demolished by Nobody: 8:32am On Jun 15, 2020
Okeytus:
because the visit is in Rivers government house, what if it's in Ask rock? hypocrites

How many houses has Aso Rock task force demolished? If you don't see the real hypocrite as Wike, I'm sorry, analysis is not your problem. It's hypocrisy and selective amnesia.

2 Likes

Re: Why Rivers Government House Should Be Demolished by Justiceleague1: 8:43am On Jun 15, 2020
helinues:

Take it easy guy

What about you,are you not on every Igbo thread on here?

Asgard13 abeg carry on and ignore pretenders
Re: Why Rivers Government House Should Be Demolished by Asgard13: 9:00am On Jun 15, 2020
helinues:

Take it easy guy

We’re only beginning...

Now south and east know their real enemies .... one thing I achieved over the years..

Before they use to think is Hausa Fulani ... now they understand Yoruba hatred for igbos and denigrating of southern minorities is beyond imagination

The northern Christians also understands Yoruba tribalism and hatred ... will keep exposing Yoruba tribe of western Nigeria for whom they’re

Offline and online ,on every platform.. both international and local...

I know Yoruba in and out .... experienced Yoruba tribalism first hand... slapped a Yoruba idiot because of tribalism way back in ife.

Over here in north ... Hausa Fulani already know Yoruba people hide under southern names to insult them...

Go to Karbala costain or Karbala west and see things for yourself ... Karbala is in kaduna states..

Yoruba keep shouting igbos this and that... Hausa man ... know the different and mine is to continue preaching it loud

Dan Nyamiri.... Igbo man like money...

Bayerebe... green snakes in green grass...

Nigerians are cooking orishrishi for Yoruba and hope Yoruba will have the belle to eat all..

Is not far...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Rivers Government House Should Be Demolished by Passionate888: 9:24am On Jun 15, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

Guy, all is wrong. Buh whose house has the minister demolished for contravening the rules? None.

Many governors are crossing borders which is wrong but no one talks about it because they aren't hypocrites. They look the other way even when their residents contravene the law.

But Wike? That one went ahead to destroy someone hotel, arrested high profiled people who were even on essential duty for moving during the lockdown and was misbehaving like a loose dog. He even put a bridge across his borders only to open it for his friend to come in. Even if any other governor would break that law, it shouldn't be Wike.

I'm just surprised many of you aren't seeing the hypocrisy in what Wike has done and it's very unfortunate how bad you still try to suppress people who talk about it.

We still have a long way to go as a country.
who did Wike arrest that was on essential duty?
Re: Why Rivers Government House Should Be Demolished by Ifelnow: 9:43am On Jun 15, 2020
When obaseki was going to Abuja APC national secretariat and Aso rock. You didn't say anything
Re: Why Rivers Government House Should Be Demolished by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 15, 2020
Passionate888:
who did Wike arrest that was on essential duty?

The MD of PHED. The video is everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Why Rivers Government House Should Be Demolished by Nobody: 9:51am On Jun 15, 2020
Asgard13:

We’re only beginning...

Now south and east know their real enemies .... one thing I achieved over the years..

Before they use to think is Hausa Fulani ... now they understand Yoruba hatred for igbos and denigrating of southern minorities is beyond imagination

The northern Christians also understands Yoruba tribalism and hatred ... will keep exposing Yoruba tribe of western Nigeria for whom they’re

Offline and online ,on every platform.. both international and local...

I know Yoruba in and out .... experienced Yoruba tribalism first hand... slapped a Yoruba idiot because of tribalism way back in ife.

Over here in north ... Hausa Fulani already know Yoruba people hide under southern names to insult them...

Go to Karbala costain or Karbala west and see things for yourself ... Karbala is in kaduna states..

Yoruba keep shouting igbos this and that... Hausa man ... know the different and mine is to continue preaching it loud

Dan Nyamiri.... Igbo man like money...

Bayerebe... green snakes in green grass...

Nigerians are cooking orishrishi for Yoruba and hope Yoruba will have the belle to eat all..

Is not far...

Another wasted life. We're living in peace here in Lagos. Be fooling yourself in the east.

2 Likes

Re: Why Rivers Government House Should Be Demolished by Passionate888: 9:55am On Jun 15, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

The MD of PHED. The video is everywhere.
I watched the clip, did the FG listed PHED as essential workers during the lockdown?
Re: Why Rivers Government House Should Be Demolished by Nobody: 10:04am On Jun 15, 2020
Passionate888:
I watched the clip, did the FG listed PHED as essential workers during the lockdown?

PHED means Port Harcourt Electricity Company. Did FG list electricity workers as essential essential workers or not? The answer is yes.

2 Likes

Re: Why Rivers Government House Should Be Demolished by Passionate888: 11:29am On Jun 15, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

PHED means Port Harcourt Electricity Company. Did FG list electricity workers as essential essential workers or not? The answer is yes.
Port Harcourt Electricity Distribution Company, and FG ALONE doesn't have that power to say who's restricted and who isn't.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Akeredolu Woos Electorates With Bathroom Slippers (Pictures) / Sunday Igboho: Many Feared Killed As Herdsmen Reportedly Launch Reprisal Attack / What Is Happening To Twitter In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.