Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,801 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:32 PM

Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today (15774 Views)

Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 / More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA / Doctors To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over NUC’s PhD Directive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by easyfem(m): 5:08am On Jun 15, 2020
Right decision at the wrong time
Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Carter4luv(m): 5:09am On Jun 15, 2020
when you dont value lives this is the outcome. why now they want to enbark on a strike when they know the masses need them so much, they all took an oath to save lives. now reverse is d case only God will help us

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Nobody: 5:09am On Jun 15, 2020
Pathetic

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Brunicekid(m): 5:10am On Jun 15, 2020
EzzyCarter:
What's there to hate about our country? So much to love grin . From our Selfless and Caring leaders to responsible and sensible citizens...
This is the Nigeria we are praying for in Jesus Name.

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by adaphic: 5:12am On Jun 15, 2020
Very cool. This is the language they understand. #respect to NARD.

5 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by LOVEGINO(m): 5:14am On Jun 15, 2020
I for weep for dis country but I no fit waste my tears.
Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Yankee101: 5:17am On Jun 15, 2020
Middle of COVID-19?

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by ferdvict2(m): 5:19am On Jun 15, 2020
una strike self wan break ASUU record. na wetin sef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by walkwithgod(m): 5:28am On Jun 15, 2020
Driver abeg stop me for this bus stop, I can't continue this Nigerian journey again mbok.

Do we really have a country ?
Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Bablo08(m): 5:32am On Jun 15, 2020
[quote author=MajorOvakporaye post=90680989]useless doctors
useless government
useless and dead president
useless country!!![]

Senseless citizen

5 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by onyxo76(m): 5:36am On Jun 15, 2020
pesty100:
It not like we have plenty doctors in this country before ooo!
abi o, more than half of those I know are now in UK, another 3 are already on their way out if not for travel restrictions, even the fresh graduates too are already passing some stages of those foreign medical exams, so who will even replace all those who have left? I know of a prof of orthopedic surgery who has spent over 24 years in a teaching hospital in the town I stay, the man is now in Canada with his family since last year...we are in serious trouble in this country

7 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by blingxx(m): 5:37am On Jun 15, 2020
Divinenwa:
common this is not the best time for such

that's the problem with this country once you discover how relevant you are you take advantage of your position

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Edusouls(m): 5:40am On Jun 15, 2020
Everybody is now looking for his own cut from the Covid national cake

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Bellotelli: 5:40am On Jun 15, 2020
So govt couldn't avert this strike cool

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by onyxo76(m): 5:41am On Jun 15, 2020
Comedian2019:
Government should employ new doctors
from where? Chad or Somalia? no even go to fresh medical graduates those ones are just there to gather money for 4 months to write plab ,pass the exams and travel out.

4 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by johnnychuks(m): 5:45am On Jun 15, 2020
nothing we no go hear from this country Nigeria, no wahala Na today yash dey back?
Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by rotadeco27: 5:48am On Jun 15, 2020
Bellotelli:
So govt couldn't avert this strike cool
Yes , we can not trust the government, many conflicting promises from different quarters of power shows they are only playing us.
A government than can fight pest with 13billion and claim there is no money to pay health workers is not a serious one
A government that can renovate a obviously good looking structure with 27 billion in the midst of pandemic and not making PPE available for the soldiers fighting the pandemic is not only insensitive but wicked.

4 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by onyxo76(m): 5:50am On Jun 15, 2020
DonBigE82:
Damnnn, give them their money nawwww, these people break their backs for us.
your head dey there jare...almost every time I carry a relation for routine checkups I get to hear that the managing consultant is now in UK or Canada...nobody is hanging around again and I can't afford those private hospitals consulting fees...

5 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by saintkelvin(m): 5:58am On Jun 15, 2020
Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by xpool(m): 6:00am On Jun 15, 2020
MaziIgwe007:
This is to show you that covid-19 is a scam in Nigeria. if not, why do think the government would want to owe health workers this critical time...
scam everywhere
If you were a lawyer you would be losing all your cases, I swear.

Doctors and strike in Nigeria are like 5 and 6,

3 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by philkoms: 6:04am On Jun 15, 2020
EzzyCarter:
What's there to hate about our country? So much to love grin . From our Selfless and Caring leaders to responsible and sensible citizens...
My brother dis is well said.This responsble and sensible doctor will still be expecting salary to be paid to them like ASUU while they are at home on strike..Both Govt and d governs must accept we re d one destroying diis nation..

2 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Jeffyblaq(m): 6:12am On Jun 15, 2020
Comedian2019:
And you think that would be the solution to the underlying problems?

Anyway you just a comedian

2 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Bluntemperor: 6:12am On Jun 15, 2020
MajorOvakporaye:
useless doctors
useless government
useless and dead president
useless country!!!

Hey,have you taken the prescription this morning? We are talking about life here and this gentlemen gave two weeks altimatum yet to no avail.If na politics where billions are spent on security without evidence,you will make a better contribution.We all now know why the Medcs are life-health is Wealth-see how everyone is locked down!Can you do without them in your life.? Remember what you prophecy you will get.The next time you are not attended to in any hospital,its what you reap.If you have nothing to contribute,waka pass.

5 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by BABANGBALI: 6:16am On Jun 15, 2020
Buhari you see your life?

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by BABANGBALI: 6:18am On Jun 15, 2020
Comedian2019:
na so una dey spoil Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by ozodigboo(m): 6:20am On Jun 15, 2020
ecolime:
Nigerian doctors and lecturers always demanding. Lost my mum ago years because of doctors strike. Wasted years in school because of ASUU strike too. I bless God for where I am now anyway.

I will never have sympathy for both unions no matter how noble their cause is.

Your empathy is not needed Sir.
You're talking like this because you have ported to Europe /USA where things work.
Everyone can't travel out.

3 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by ozodigboo(m): 6:27am On Jun 15, 2020
The Speaker of the house of representatives Femi Gbajabiamila was seen on national TV, scolding the minister of health for paying doctors 5k hazard allowance, despite the emergency of Covid19.
This was 1st week of March.
Govt now decided to pay for 3 months..... March April May.
Since then, nothing.
This is mid June.

Politicians move around government House with masks and PPE.
Meanwhile, doctors in the isolation centres have nothing to work with.
THIS IS THE REAL REASON WHY COVID-19 CASES ARE RISING.
Because doctors are running away from work to prevent getting infected

9 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by femo86(m): 6:38am On Jun 15, 2020
Nawaoo. E be tinz ooo

Nah every time this doctors dey strike

Buhari should settle this people nah abi wetin dey sup nah

Stupid corrupt government officials

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by johnjay4u2u(m): 6:39am On Jun 15, 2020
first time most Nairalanders will support doctors. We are getting reseted well.

Let me say again, until we hold politicians buy their balls, we won't enjoy democracy in Nigeria.

They just behave without fear of citizens.

i no blame them, the stupid trends i see daily on Tweeter tells a lot about we the Youth.

5 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by DicksonMax: 6:40am On Jun 15, 2020
Continue... We don't need your sympathy because you are selfish... You only think of yourself.
Ask your government to fulfil their promise. Do you know how many health workers that are down of COVID-19? Do you know the fate of other health workers in other African nations? Nigeria won't be different...
ecolime:
Nigerian doctors and lecturers always demanding. Lost my mum ago years because of doctors strike. Wasted years in school because of ASUU strike too. I bless God for where I am now anyway.

I will never have sympathy for both unions no matter how noble their cause is.

5 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Jostoman: 6:48am On Jun 15, 2020
MaziIgwe007:
This is to show you that covid-19 is a scam in Nigeria. if not, why do think the government would want to owe health workers this critical time...
scam everywhere
scam of the century

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fake Gynaecologist Arrested For Defrauding Three Of N23m (photo) / Coronavirus: "We Are In Uncharted Territory" - Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO / TrackaNG Visits Ita-Elewa Primary Health Care Centre, Verify Activities (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.