Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,375 members, 7,829,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today (15792 Views)

Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 / More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA / Doctors To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over NUC’s PhD Directive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Edibles20: 6:57am On Jun 15, 2020
The strike already commenced at exactly 12AM this morning. Doctors on call had to pause their services and are now awaiting handover of patients to consultants.
Tough times ahead

4 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by legionISproteus: 6:57am On Jun 15, 2020
pesty100:
It not like we have plenty doctors in this country before ooo!

Ngige would disagree with you

2 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by legionISproteus: 6:59am On Jun 15, 2020
ecolime:
Nigerian doctors and lecturers always demanding. Lost my mum ago years because of doctors strike. Wasted years in school because of ASUU strike too. I bless God for where I am now anyway.

I will never have sympathy for both unions no matter how noble their cause is.

I understand how you feel. Have a nice day.
Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by onyxo76(m): 7:04am On Jun 15, 2020
legionISproteus:

Ngige would disagree with you
when last did ngige treat someone for malaria or do ward round? he no sabi anything happening for hospital settings again

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by breezy119: 7:06am On Jun 15, 2020
Divinenwa:
common this is not the best time for such

So when will be the best time? They risk their lives and that of their families for the good of all and take home a pittance of N5000 as hazard allowance monthly and you say that?
Did this govt while cashing out on Covid funds left, right and center not on their own come out to say they would increase their hazard allowances in view of the grave danger this infection poses on them? While you and I were home running from the virus, these people were out their trying to contain it and you're making such an insensitive statement? Tell your govt that pays millions to a bunch of old worn-out nen and women as newspaper allowance to redirect their priorities!

10 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Jelzin2412(m): 7:10am On Jun 15, 2020
Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Turningmoon(f): 7:12am On Jun 15, 2020
I support them on this. Not when N27b was budgeted for one useless house renovation

2 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by breezy119: 7:14am On Jun 15, 2020
ecolime:
Nigerian doctors and lecturers always demanding. Lost my mum ago years because of doctors strike. Wasted years in school because of ASUU strike too. I bless God for where I am now anyway.

Who gives a rat-shit about your opinion? I'm married to a doctor and I know how everyday she goes out there , comes back exhausted, afraid for herself and moreso how afraid we all were to get close to her for fear of her bringing the infection home to us all!
They are human beings too and if you cannot empathize with their pains and struggles , then keep yours in your pocket. Neither do I care about yours.

10 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Jelzin2412(m): 7:16am On Jun 15, 2020
onyxo76:
from where? Chad or Somalia? no even go to fresh medical graduates those ones are just there to gather money for 4 months to write plab ,pass the exams and travel out.

grin grin grin
Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Bahdsypha(m): 7:18am On Jun 15, 2020
Comedian2019:
Government should employ new doctors

Government will still owe them in the end..

2 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Nobody: 7:23am On Jun 15, 2020
xreal:
Wrong time.

What's the fate of patients in hospitals and isolation centers?

May GOD heal them all.

I want these guys in black hat to remain idle.
Wrong time for a strike or wrong time for government to owe them?

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by lagusboyyy(m): 7:23am On Jun 15, 2020
With the ongoing pandemic,doctors are still going on strike.

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Bahdsypha(m): 7:25am On Jun 15, 2020
ecolime:

You didn't loose your mother because of doctors and it wasn't the lecturers that made you stay longer in the University..

It is the Nigerian Government that failed you!

You, the doctors and the lecturers are the victims of gross incompetence and corruption..

Nobody deserves to be owed..nobody at all, no matter how little you think their job is
They have never delayed or even owed members of assembly allowances, Why should they owe doctors?

6 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Euegene100001: 7:25am On Jun 15, 2020
Nothing would still be done
Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Bahdsypha(m): 7:26am On Jun 15, 2020
lagusboyyy:
With the ongoing pandemic,doctors are still going on strike.

Doctors attending to covid19 patients in isolation centres are exempted
Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by code2251: 7:37am On Jun 15, 2020
[color=#] 3275747[/color]
Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by stasius: 7:53am On Jun 15, 2020
Comedian2019:
Government should employ new doctors

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
From China abi?
Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by code4412: 7:54am On Jun 15, 2020
[color=#] 4211124[/color]
Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by ofiko123(m): 7:56am On Jun 15, 2020
MajorOvakporaye:
useless doctors
useless government
useless and dead president
useless country!!!

Useless citizens..

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Comedian2019: 7:59am On Jun 15, 2020
stasius:

From China abi?
They can come from Chad, Cameroon, Niger, Benin republic, or wherever.

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by HoliMaree: 8:01am On Jun 15, 2020
This is the problem with our health sector, we have a crop of heartless, merciless medical doctors. Something drastic needs to be done. May the souls of those who will die avenge these doctors
Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by onyxo76(m): 8:05am On Jun 15, 2020
Comedian2019:

the ones here you never pay, na ,those foreign ones you go fit pay? abi you think say those na fools to leave where they are to come here and work.

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by stasius: 8:07am On Jun 15, 2020
Comedian2019:

And they will work free of charge, abi?
Govt won't pay them their allowances. Abi?

Weldone ooo.
Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by onyxo76(m): 8:07am On Jun 15, 2020
HoliMaree:
This is the problem with our health sector, we have a crop of heartless, merciless medical doctors. Something drastic needs to be done. May the souls of those who will die avenge these doctors
na only doctors dey strike the other health workers nko? those ones strike sef worse pass doctors own, they go comot oxygen from patient, lock everywhere carry key go house, doctors still get small mercy o

3 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by onyxo76(m): 8:11am On Jun 15, 2020
HoliMaree:
just pray that you or your loved ones no get serious medical condition, na then you go know their value, no be everything that iya kasali chemist for your street fit manage o

2 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by stasius: 8:13am On Jun 15, 2020
onyxo76:
na only doctors dey strike the other health workers nko? those ones strike sef worse pass doctors own, they go comot oxygen from patient, lock everywhere carry key go house, doctors still get small mercy o

Hahhahahha. No be lie! When nurses go their own strike they lock up every equipment. Those ones are mean.

3 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by HoliMaree: 8:14am On Jun 15, 2020
onyxo76:
just pray that you or your loved ones no get serious medical condition, na then you go know their value, no be everything that iya kasali chemist for your street fit manage o

Bro I de tell you say those people no get value, na dem kill my mama. Dem give am injection wey kill am straight . After dem come tell us say she no react well to the medicine. No be say she sic o, na check up she go
Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by onyxo76(m): 8:17am On Jun 15, 2020
stasius:

Hahhahahha. No be lie! When nurses go their own strike they lock up every equipment. Those ones are mean.
I tell you, the day I see that one happen for one strike action for 2006 for one teaching hospital, they just lock up everything, remove drip for patents hand, carry all the folder for cupboards, carry key waka, na ,those fresh doctors come dey figure out what to do, na that I weak for this health sector
Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by victorVIC1(m): 8:22am On Jun 15, 2020
Does this also affect resident doctors in private hospitals?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bosom Cancer Awareness Month :: How To Do A Bosom-Self Exam / Coronavirus: "We Are In Uncharted Territory" - Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO / COVID-19: Lagos Has Passed Peak - Akin Abayomi, Health Commissioner Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.