Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,282 members, 7,829,642 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today (15788 Views)

Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 / More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA / Doctors To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over NUC’s PhD Directive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by onyxo76(m): 8:22am On Jun 15, 2020
HoliMaree:

Bro I de tell you say those people no get value, na dem kill my mama. Dem give am injection wey kill am straight . After dem come tell us say she no react well to the medicine. No be say she sic o, na check up she go
sorry about your loss, but I hope say na better hospital you carry am go sha, though some people dey react to injection that kill them , those guys no be God , no be everything them sabi.
no be on top operation table for Spain Obasanjo wife die for around 2005, the guy na top surgeon for Spain but see wetin happen...I owe those docs a lot at least for what they have help my relations with

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Animaxwell(m): 8:28am On Jun 15, 2020
They should be firm with this strike. You guys might criticize my opinion but trust me, this people are going through hell in this country. We all know that the government will not even show any sign of care if you contact any disease or virus yet the hazard allowance of a medical doctor is mere #5000 and yet they still owe them onto. Nothing will happen is all politicians in this country forfeits six months salary and allowances but they won't do it but will want those working tirelessly, risking their lives everyday to work without pay.

#let the strike continue

4 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Mavinsoladele(m): 8:36am On Jun 15, 2020
Felixamos:
The way news like these irritates me ehn! Such a useless govt and some youths are still fighting online over obaseki and oshiomole who are clearly only after their pockets.. Na wa!

They cannot pay the doctors na but they can budget billions for Pests control and hundreds of millions for new set of computers for immigration.. Oh I even forgot the 27billion for the renovation of national assembly.. Such a country..
this ain't a country, it's an hellhole
Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Kendyrich: 8:56am On Jun 15, 2020
You did not think before you made this statement.
Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Nobody: 8:58am On Jun 15, 2020
MajorOvakporaye:
useless doctors
useless government
useless and dead president
useless country!!!

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by mattfeuter(m): 9:03am On Jun 15, 2020
ecolime:
Nigerian doctors and lecturers always demanding. Lost my mum ago years because of doctors strike. Wasted years in school because of ASUU strike too. I bless God for where I am now anyway.

I will never have sympathy for both unions no matter how noble their cause is.

You’re a big fo.ool! The unions aren’t your problem , the government is!!!!! Damn Nigerians
Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by etidy: 9:05am On Jun 15, 2020
HoliMaree:
This is the problem with our health sector, we have a crop of heartless, merciless medical doctors. Something drastic needs to be done. May the souls of those who will die avenge these doctors
Come on shut up there. grin
The laborer is worthy of his wages.
The govt should pay them what they deserve.

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Correcto: 9:45am On Jun 15, 2020
Soldiers have families too self acclaimed frontline fighters. Useless doctors and useless government. Happy strike!.
DonTattaglia:
Very good. Am totally in support of this strike. Politicians and this stupid government have taken u health workers for a ride, yet they are looting and sharing billions. Doctors have families too. They are humans for crying out loud. Why will they risk their lives and receive peanuts as hazard allowance while the politicians are feeding fat. No way!!! If u are not in support, then your brain is configured to remain a perpetual FOOL.
Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Correcto: 9:46am On Jun 15, 2020
DonTattaglia:
Very good. Am totally in support of this strike. Politicians and this stupid government have taken u health workers for a ride, yet they are looting and sharing billions. Doctors have families too. They are humans for crying out loud. Why will they risk their lives and receive peanuts as hazard allowance while the politicians are feeding fat. No way!!! If u are not in support, then your brain is configured to remain a perpetual FOOL.
Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Correcto: 9:49am On Jun 15, 2020
Lol Nigeria is not lacking doctors. If UK and Canada needs more, Nigeria will supply
onyxo76:
abi o, more than half of those I know are now in UK, another 3 are already on their way out if not for travel restrictions, even the fresh graduates too are already passing some stages of those foreign medical exams, so who will even replace all those who have left? I know of a prof of orthopedic surgery who has spent over 24 years in a teaching hospital in the town I stay, the man is now in Canada with his family since last year...we are in serious trouble in this country

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 15, 2020
MaziIgwe007:
[s]This is to show you that covid-19 is a scam in Nigeria[/s]. if not, why do think the government would want to owe health workers this critical time...
scam everywhere

I removed the unnecessary bit- better stay safe, if it is a scam in Nigeria, then it is a scam globally. Is that what you are saying?
@ the bolded, I am asking this question too.
Cheers.
Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Correcto: 9:52am On Jun 15, 2020
Job recruitment in Nigerian teaching hospitals say other wise, meaning doctors are still many.
onyxo76:
from where? Chad or Somalia? no even go to fresh medical graduates those ones are just there to gather money for 4 months to write plab ,pass the exams and travel out.
Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Correcto: 9:54am On Jun 15, 2020
I wonder if soldiers fighting Boko Haram goes on strike like doctors do
Animaxwell:
They should be firm with this strike. You guys might criticize my opinion but trust me, this people are going through hell in this country. We all know that the government will not even show any sign of care if you contact any disease or virus yet the hazard allowance of a medical doctor is mere #5000 and yet they still owe them onto. Nothing will happen is all politicians in this country forfeits six months salary and allowances but they won't do it but will want those working tirelessly, risking their lives everyday to work without pay.

#let the strike continue

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Correcto: 9:57am On Jun 15, 2020
Have you seen or done any recruitment of doctors and less than 50 doctors came?
pesty100:
It not like we have plenty doctors in this country before ooo!

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Nobody: 9:57am On Jun 15, 2020
ecolime:
Nigerian doctors and lecturers always demanding. Lost my mum ago years because of doctors strike. Wasted years in school because of ASUU strike too. I bless God for where I am now anyway.

[s]I will never have sympathy for both unions no matter how noble their cause is[/s]

I removed the somehow part. Sorry about your mom. Deal with the years you lost, no be only you @ lost years.
Try and not blame people who may be victims too.
Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 15, 2020
DonBigE82:
Damnnn, give them their money nawwww, these people break their backs for us.

God bless you.
It has been hellish...but your post has made me feel better. It will be well.
Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by pesty100(m): 9:59am On Jun 15, 2020
Correcto:
Have you seen or done any research recruitment of doctors and less than 50 doctors came?
we are 200 million+ in this country, NMA says we have only 40,000 doctors.

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Correcto: 10:01am On Jun 15, 2020
You talk like only doctors work in Nigeria. I am sure many other profession are also not being paid well. Government pay doctors but they want more. I wonder if soldiers fighting Boko Haram goes on strike for same.
Felixamos:
The way news like these irritates me ehn! Such a useless govt and some youths are still fighting online over obaseki and oshiomole who are clearly only after their pockets.. Na wa!

They cannot pay the doctors na but they can budget billions for Pests control and hundreds of millions for new set of computers for immigration.. Oh I even forgot the 27billion for the renovation of national assembly.. Such a country..

2 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Nise24: 10:01am On Jun 15, 2020
Red IPhone SE 2020 64gb for sale

Phone and charger only!

New, 10/10

Price: 180k negotiable

Call or WhatsApp 08133576074 for more details
Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Correcto: 10:01am On Jun 15, 2020
NMA is a propaganda machine.
pesty100:
we are 200 million+ in this country, NMA says we have only 40,000 doctors.

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by pesty100(m): 10:03am On Jun 15, 2020
Correcto:
NMA is a propaganda machine.
coming from you it must be the truth. LoL, baba go and find somewhere to sit jare.
Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 15, 2020
HoliMaree:
[s]This is the problem with our health sector, we have a crop of heartless, merciless medical doctors. Something drastic needs to be done. May the souls of those who will die avenge these doctors[/s]

What an unholy, yucky post!
angry
Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by TheManofTomorrow(m): 10:45am On Jun 15, 2020
ecolime:

I will never have sympathy for both unions no matter how noble their cause is.

I am sorry for the loss bro but you are only channeling your anger in the wrong direction. I wont ever support their strike if Idont know what these people face at work only to be paid peanuts or owed salaries and allowances while the government continues to cash out in all direction without thinking of slashing salaries and maintenance to keep to country afloat.

The Nigerian goverment is one of the most corrupt people and things like you mentioned will continue to happen till we put an end to their scourge.

2 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Correcto: 10:46am On Jun 15, 2020
Lol you must think Nigeria really lack doctors, yet all federal recruitments conducted are filled with excess applicants. How do I know ? A friend of mine is a CMAC.
pesty100:
coming from you it must be the truth. LoL, baba go and find somewhere to sit jare.

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by backnbeta(f): 11:13am On Jun 15, 2020
DonTattaglia:
Thank you so much, your comment shows you understand the plight of Nigerian Doctors, especially Residents.

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Dextre(m): 11:59am On Jun 15, 2020
MajorOvakporaye:
useless doctors
useless government
useless and dead president
useless country!!!

How are the doctors at fault here again? If I may ask sef,what do you do for a living?

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by scilover: 12:13pm On Jun 15, 2020
I don’t blame them as the government is not helping them properly. They’re aren’t machines, they’re also humans with families risking their life every day. Hopefully the government will resolve this issue.

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike Today by engrjacuzzi: 6:04pm On Jun 15, 2020
I'm tired of this country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bosom Cancer Awareness Month :: How To Do A Bosom-Self Exam / Coronavirus: "We Are In Uncharted Territory" - Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO / COVID-19: Lagos Has Passed Peak - Akin Abayomi, Health Commissioner Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.