Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

What Lessons Has COVID-19 Exposed You To - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Lessons Has COVID-19 Exposed You To (350 Views)

What Lessons Did Dis Just Concluded Elections Thought U? / We Will Exposed You If You Don't Speak Up-pdp Tell OBJ / She Has Bipolar Disorder ⁠— Fani-Kayode Slams Chikwendu Over Claim Son Has COVID (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Lessons Has COVID-19 Exposed You To by ShobayoEmma(m): 9:16pm On Jun 15, 2020
Mine was i love teaching. As an undergraduate in AAUA I used to organise tutorial classes even for the ones in other departments like Public Administration while i studied Mass Commnication.when i was posted to Commnity High School, Nanka in Anambra State, i was the only corper from the PPA recommended to the NYSC for an award then.

Life after NYSC i dcided to pick up a tutorial coaching as i knew that was the quickiest work one could get as i needed to keep on supporting my younger brother education. Fortunately but unfortunately i was notifield of a school that needed an holiday lesson teacher. i decided to give it a shot which yielded 15k at the end of the August/September holiday.I was persistently persuaded though without force by the then school principal whom epitomized nobility to help the school to prepare its then SS3 students for WAEC which I obliged.

Lost in the euphorial of 'Uncle this, Uncle that' by the timid eyes and innocent faces of the the stdents, years span into years untill i cold now count 5 concrete years. Within these years i was made the English and literature master with good results, then PTA secretary, then literary and debate master, then HOD Academics, then sport master and then the School Co-coordinator; all simultaneously ran till date.

MY PAIN
1*Not a single call since we vacated school on March 30 from the school proprietress atleast to know how we've been faring during this lockdown witout three month salary.
2*No any form of assistance or pallatives from any quarter or government despite paying tax on my monthly
payment of 25k
3*Ban on interstate could not allow one to get to those who could help.

MY LESSONS
1*Any passion you have that does not insure your future is simply a waist of time
2*Any selfless service without any form of encouragement makes one look stupid
3*If your work has no association, your agitation will be close to lamentation
4*In this country, you only have yourself and your immediate family to look out for.
5*When your work environment seems too easy for you, it might be a way your employer is using to tie you down.

MY HOPE
God has not forgotten me.

kindly share yours.

1 Like

Re: What Lessons Has COVID-19 Exposed You To by NwaNimo1(m): 9:19pm On Jun 15, 2020
Nigeria has no leader.....
Re: What Lessons Has COVID-19 Exposed You To by UbongCR7(m): 9:26pm On Jun 15, 2020
undecided
Re: What Lessons Has COVID-19 Exposed You To by UbongCR7(m): 9:27pm On Jun 15, 2020
Lalasticlala
I think this is fp worthy, let's hear from Nigerians.
Re: What Lessons Has COVID-19 Exposed You To by Vyzz: 10:10pm On Jun 15, 2020
If there is anything this covid-19 thought me is to SAVE and be prepared

Especially financially
Re: What Lessons Has COVID-19 Exposed You To by ShobayoEmma(m): 11:46am On Jun 16, 2020
[quote author=Vyzz post=90711219]If there is anything this covid-19 thought me is to SAVE and be prepared

u

Especially financially [/uote]and you can not be out of save
Re: What Lessons Has COVID-19 Exposed You To by philoo(m): 1:33pm On Jun 16, 2020
Nigerian govt cannot successfully feed its citizens a meal for a whole day.
Re: What Lessons Has COVID-19 Exposed You To by ShobayoEmma(m): 6:56pm On Jun 16, 2020
[quote author=philoo post=90730701]Nigerian govt cannot successfully feed its citizens a meal for a whole day.[/aquoate]God will judge them all
Re: What Lessons Has COVID-19 Exposed You To by ShobayoEmma(m): 2:19pm On Jun 28, 2020
Totally depressed. need any form of financial assistance. If i am here to scam you without haven't tried all that my conscience could bear, let your God be my judge. please help me with any soonest work or financially.
ACCESS; 0794484369
Name; Emma
Re: What Lessons Has COVID-19 Exposed You To by ShobayoEmma(m): 8:03am On Jul 06, 2020
Totally depressed. need any form of financial assistance. If i am here to scam you without haven't tried all that my conscience could bear, let your God be my judge. please help me with any soonest work or financially.
ACCESS; 0794484369
Name; Emma
or with my npower: npwr/2020/na1-037769000

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Obaseki Formally Resigned From APC . / / APC Shuns Obaseki Order As Police Deploy Men To Monitor Edo Primary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.