Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,880 members, 7,828,132 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

I’m Deeply Hurt By Senator Osinowo’s Death — Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Deeply Hurt By Senator Osinowo’s Death — Tinubu (584 Views)

‘They Will Labour To Death’ — Tinubu Hits PDP, LP At APC Mega Rally In Osun / Sanwo-Olu: Senator Osinowo’s Death Should Not Deter Us From Defeating COVID-19 / Sanwo-Olu, Tinubu Mourn Senator Osinowo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Deeply Hurt By Senator Osinowo’s Death — Tinubu by agwom(m): 11:03pm On Jun 15, 2020
The All Progressives Congress (APC) National Leader, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu said he was deeply hurt by the “sudden, unexpected passing of Senator Bayo Osinowo” who until his his death on Monday represented Lagos East Senatorial District.

“He was more than a close friend and political associate,” said Tinubu in a statement he personally signed, adding, “over the years he became like a family member and brother in so many ways.”

Osinowo died on Monday at the First Cardiologist Hospital Lagos at the age of 64. His remains were reportedly being conveyed to his hometown at Ijebu Ode as of the time of filing this report last night.

Tinubu, a former governor of the state said the deceased and him had come a long way dating back to their days in the pro-democracy struggles. The statement added: “We both enlisted in the Social Democratic Party where he served so well as the Youth Chairman of that party during the Third Republic and later in the Alliance for Democracy in 1998 after the restoration of democracy. “Bayo’s contributions to the return of democracy were significant and enduring. “As a prominent political figure in Lagos, he served our state with dedication, passion and concern for the common man.

“In the Lagos State House of Assembly, where he was a four-time member from 2003 to 2019 representing Kosofe Constituency 1, he was more than a member of that House. He provided leadership. He was a stabilising figure. He worked hard and tirelessly to make Lagos a better place. He cared for all Lagosians.

“His election in 2019 to represent Lagos East in the Senate demonstrated not only his immense political skills but also the affection the people have for him and his popularity.

“Thus far in the National Assembly, he discharged himself creditably as Chairman Senate Committee on Industries.” Tinubu added that like the committee he headed, the deceased “was extremely industrious.”

“Bayo was not born with riches. He rose from a modest background to the great heights that he attained. “His death hurt all who know him. Bayo was more than an excellent politician. “As great a politician he was, Bayo was an even better person. He was a man of a kind heart and ready smile.

“His loyalty and enthusiasm was legendary, just as his generosity.”

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/im-deeply-hurt-by-senator-osinowos-death-tinubu.html
Re: I’m Deeply Hurt By Senator Osinowo’s Death — Tinubu by Akhigbeblog(m): 11:05pm On Jun 15, 2020
All na story
Re: I’m Deeply Hurt By Senator Osinowo’s Death — Tinubu by Poloyanabo2(m): 11:07pm On Jun 15, 2020
Akhigbeblog:
All na story
He's probably not a story teller like you.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Deeply Hurt By Senator Osinowo’s Death — Tinubu by Akhigbeblog(m): 11:09pm On Jun 15, 2020
Poloyanabo2:

He's probably not a story teller like you.
Guy I no call your name na
Re: I’m Deeply Hurt By Senator Osinowo’s Death — Tinubu by sirjoggy(m): 11:13pm On Jun 15, 2020
Asiwaju Jagaban take heart
Re: I’m Deeply Hurt By Senator Osinowo’s Death — Tinubu by LibertyRep: 11:17pm On Jun 15, 2020
It has always been the same circle and clique all along.

Guys,watch those you roll with now.

May God rest the soul of the deceased.
Re: I’m Deeply Hurt By Senator Osinowo’s Death — Tinubu by Mysticwebb: 11:18pm On Jun 15, 2020
So covik one nine don kill another APC man.
If it has gotten to the National Assembly, it might soon commence a full second missionary journey to Aso Rock.
Re: I’m Deeply Hurt By Senator Osinowo’s Death — Tinubu by Finnese001: 12:22am On Jun 16, 2020
the gods has spoken
Re: I’m Deeply Hurt By Senator Osinowo’s Death — Tinubu by Finnese001: 12:29am On Jun 16, 2020
ZyklonB:
[s][/s]Is tinubu your god

one of the most powerful gods (deity) of ewedu land

1 Like

Re: I’m Deeply Hurt By Senator Osinowo’s Death — Tinubu by BlackfireX: 1:35am On Jun 16, 2020
An ijebu man representing Lagos, I don't understand
Re: I’m Deeply Hurt By Senator Osinowo’s Death — Tinubu by concerned99: 6:18am On Jun 16, 2020
Senator Sikiru “Pepper” Osinowo who had been giving obasa problems since the start of this year, who also complained how asiwaju had been supporting obasa's interest against his own. Pepper who pitched his tent with Aregbesola and attended a meeting the minister held in his house to revamp the mandate group with out asiwaju's consent. This man made covid 19 has just succeeded in killing a man who was to lead a war in a certain political structure. Ajimobi loading, Anybody that dies now the culprit is covid 19. Make God help all our politicians, the breeze and desperation of 2023 is truly infectious.
Re: I’m Deeply Hurt By Senator Osinowo’s Death — Tinubu by bayotwice(f): 6:22am On Jun 16, 2020
Re: I’m Deeply Hurt By Senator Osinowo’s Death — Tinubu by SadiqBabaSani: 6:27am On Jun 16, 2020
Osinowo died of naturally Death?

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Protest Rocks APC Secretariat In Abuja As Group Calls For sack of NWC / Court Dismisses Suit Against Oshiomhole / Ibrahim Magu, An Epitome Of Corruption And Incompetence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.