Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,360 members, 7,819,290 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Should I Question Ny Landlord? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Question Ny Landlord? (2907 Views)

My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them / Our Landlord Says He Fathered My Second Baby, Insists On Naming Him —husband / Wife Surprises Husband After Landlord Stormed Their Home Over House Rent. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Question Ny Landlord? by yommen: 8:16pm On Jun 16, 2020
Fellow Nairalanders, I need your piece of advice on this matter. I have lived in my flat for 4 years now, a building of 4 sets of 2 bedroom flats with tenants occupying 3 while my landlord occupies 1. He is still working and all together, I can confirm that he has collected nothing less than 2 Million Naira in rents since about 5 years ago the house became habitable. Still my landlord doesn't have a gen.

The issue at hand is water. Who should be responsible for this?

The transformer in my area is faulty for 2 weeks now and we don't know when we'll have electricity supply again. Supply in my area is quite reasonable but now, its a case of transformer that needs to be taken away. It was during the lockdown I bought a 1.9 KVA gen which obviously I cannot release to pump water. A co-cotenant also has I-pass-my-neighbor gen. You can't believe my landlord and his family charge their phones at my place!

Now we are suffering to get water . I didn't sleep well last night cos I didn't shower. I had very little water to bathe which I decided to save for bath this morning before going to work. The place we(landlord and tenants) fetched water previously is an incompleted building and they haven't pumped water in the last 2 days.

I am thinking of confronting him with questions. I once did actually but it was a case of refuse disposal. My landlord still goes under the cover of night to dispose his refuse within the neighborhood. He later said disposal of refuse is my business which made to find my way, a genuine means.

Now, is provision of water my business? Please ii need your advice. T

Thanks
Re: Should I Question Ny Landlord? by chatinent: 8:25pm On Jun 16, 2020
Rented apartment is a problem where at times things don't go well. It's so f-ed up that you may be right and seeking your right but be seen as a potential threat. Honestly bro, I'll advise you keep low. Just find a means to get water. Your life is important. Experience chapter one verse two.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Question Ny Landlord? by ZaRuleOfLaw: 8:35pm On Jun 16, 2020
yommen:
Fellow Nairalanders, I need your piece of advice

Thanks
let all the tenants go to meet him together. you guys will all agree on whether to hire a generator or contribute for petrol to fuel any available generator in the compound. landlord must contribute to avoid cheating oo.

7 Likes

Re: Should I Question Ny Landlord? by DenreleDave(m): 8:41pm On Jun 16, 2020
yommen:
Fellow Nairalanders, I need your piece of advice on this matter. I have lived in my flat for 4 years now, a building of 4 sets of 2 bedroom flats with tenants occupying 3 while my landlord occupies 1. He is still working and all together, I can confirm that he has collected nothing less than 2 Million Naira in rents since about 5 years ago the house became habitable. Still my landlord doesn't have a gen.

The transformer in my area is faulty for 2 weeks now and we don't know when we'll have electricity supply again. Supply in my area is quite reasonable but now, its a case of transformer that needs to be taken away. It was during the lockdown I bought a 1.9 KVA gen which obviously I cannot release to pump water. A co-cotenant also has I-pass-my-neighbor gen. You can't believe my landlord and his family charge their phones at my place!

Now we are suffering to get water . I didn't sleep well last night cos I didn't shower. I had very little water to bathe which I decided to save for bath this morning before going to work. The place we(landlord and tenants) fetched water previously is an incompleted building and they haven't pumped water in the last 2 days.

I am thinking of confronting him with questions. I once did actually but it was a case of refuse disposal. My landlord still goes under the cover of night to dispose his refuse within the neighborhood. He later said disposal of refuse is my business which made to find my way, a genuine means.

Thanks

Be forming.. Better carry baff and go fetch water..

Olo ruuunn

1 Like

Re: Should I Question Ny Landlord? by Olude193: 8:43pm On Jun 16, 2020
Try and get a more suitable apartment... 4 years ke... Don't renew your rent..

1 Like

Re: Should I Question Ny Landlord? by yommen: 8:47pm On Jun 16, 2020
DenreleDave:

Be forming.. Better carry baff and go fetch water..

Olo ruuunn

Did you see the place I said they haven't pumped water in the last two days in the place we've been fetching water? I guess you are blind and too myopic to see.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Question Ny Landlord? by DenreleDave(m): 8:56pm On Jun 16, 2020
yommen:

Did you see the place I said they haven't pumped water in the last two days in the place we've been fetching water? I guess you are blind and too myopic to see.

Be abusing mi, u Don see advice finish u hear

1 Like

Re: Should I Question Ny Landlord? by Vyzz: 8:58pm On Jun 16, 2020
I know what he will tell u

He will tell u that it is ur business...

Bros just find what u will use and store plenty water when u come across it.....

1 Like

Re: Should I Question Ny Landlord? by yommen: 9:01pm On Jun 16, 2020
DenreleDave:

Be abusing mi, u Don see advice finish u hear

I didn't abuse others, did I? You called me oloorun. Dat no be abuse? Others have said reasonable things. You have nothing reasonable to say. Just go and sit-down with your low-life and abuse mentality.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Question Ny Landlord? by Coldplay007(f): 12:51am On Jun 17, 2020
You are still in that apartment for a reason. It probably is cheaper than the average apartment, so you should have bought a bigger gen that will be able to pump water..
You have 3 options
1. buy a Gen that can pump water
2. Move out of the apartment
3. Continue to manage and stop complaining

6 Likes

Re: Should I Question Ny Landlord? by Nobody: 3:05am On Jun 17, 2020
Timbers
Re: Should I Question Ny Landlord? by Timbers(m): 3:15am On Jun 17, 2020
Booked
Re: Should I Question Ny Landlord? by mumumugu(m): 4:20am On Jun 17, 2020
never get comfort in another man house. if e vex u reach, save, invest and buy land
Re: Should I Question Ny Landlord? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:08am On Jun 17, 2020
First you can not successfully compel your landlord to provide water. So look to your convenience and do what would be good for you.

Don't look at the fact that others would enjoy your goodness but view it this way "that you are doing good to yourself and that it is also good if others share in the goodness you are bringing!

Just maybe, others including your landlord can copy your good and do same, tomorrow.

Don't choose suffering, choose enjoyment!

2 Likes

Re: Should I Question Ny Landlord? by Olunmercy56(f): 6:38am On Jun 17, 2020
All of you tenants can rent a gen, it's none of the landlord's business about generator. Or you locate to where electricity is good

1 Like

Re: Should I Question Ny Landlord? by yommen: 6:51am On Jun 17, 2020
Coldplay007:
You are still in that apartment for a reason. It probably is cheaper than the average apartment, so you should have bought a bigger gen that will be able to pump water..
You have 3 options
1. buy a Gen that can pump water
2. Move out of the apartment
3. Continue to manage and stop complaining

Actually, I find the place quite comfortable cos it offers me a lot of privacy with the way it's built.

Option 1 is a big issue Sir. If I buy a gen that can pump water, my landlord go take am tire me. I was in a situation like that. He would even call me during official hours which will seem like I should leave work to come pump water.

I'm beginning to consider option 2. For option, I'm not outrightly complaining Sir. I'm seeking advice from people who know more about issues like this.
Re: Should I Question Ny Landlord? by yommen: 6:58am On Jun 17, 2020
Olunmercy56:
All of you tenants can rent a gen, it's none of the landlord's business about generator. Or you locate to where electricity is good

Ok we'll consider the ge rent although we have to approach him first cos we have to start wiring the pumping machine to gen. The pumping has its own prepaid meter separately which we've been contributing to recharge. It mean 'tampering' his property and the man is quite meticulous about his things. Electricity is actually good here. Na transformer blow. Neighboring transformer are using light steady.
Re: Should I Question Ny Landlord? by Olunmercy56(f): 7:00am On Jun 17, 2020
yommen:

Ok we'll consider the ge rent although we have to approach him first cos we have to start wiring the pumping machine to gen. The pumping has its own prepaid meter separately which we've been contributing to recharge. It mean 'tampering' his property and the man is quite meticulous about his things. Electricity is actually good here. Na transformer blow. Neighboring transformer are using light steady.
Good, approach the landlord, we will definitely allow you to use a gen
Re: Should I Question Ny Landlord? by Ingriid(f): 7:08am On Jun 17, 2020
Good morning, this is my simple advise to u cos I once had water issues.

To avoid communal problem I won’t suggest the generator thing cos trust me issues about who fuels it and all may come into play.

If u can get this big ‘drum’ the type they use in parties to ice drinks, get it and find a mallam / aboki that can fetch water for u, then u store it in there . If u are still single better for u cos u will know how to manage water. This is what I did in my own case but if u can afford the gen and all u tenants live peacefully and no landlord troubles, pls get the gen. I hope u find this helpful .

2 Likes

Re: Should I Question Ny Landlord? by Nobody: 7:37am On Jun 17, 2020
yommen:

Thanks

If your generator can power the pump, then pump na. Or you all contribute money to hire a generator.
Re: Should I Question Ny Landlord? by edoman2016: 10:57am On Jun 17, 2020
yommen:

Thanks
Its quite surprising that your landlord is putting his family into hardship due to stinginess. How much is a generator that your landlord can not afford one? Is your landlord a young man or in his 50s?
Re: Should I Question Ny Landlord? by yommen: 11:05am On Jun 17, 2020
edoman2016:

Its quite surprising that your landlord is putting his family into hardship due to stinginess. How much is a generator that your landlord can not afford one? Is your landlord a young man or in his 50s?

You really understand my point of view. He should be in his early 50s. He happens to be an auditor in his place of work.
Re: Should I Question Ny Landlord? by yommen: 11:10am On Jun 17, 2020
Ingriid:
Good morning, this is my simple advise to u cos I once had water issues.

To avoid communal problem I won’t suggest the generator thing cos trust me issues about who fuels it and all may come into play.

If u can get this big ‘drum’ the type they use in parties to ice drinks, get it and find a mallam / aboki that can fetch water for u, then u store it in there . If u are still single better for u cos u will know how to manage water. This is what I did in my own case but if u can afford the gen and all u tenants live peacefully and no landlord troubles, pls get the gen. I hope u find this helpful .

Thanks. I'm buying a drum ASAP. My gen powers my Washing machine. It's 1.9 KVA but I can't risk it for pumping machine. I'll also consider renting a gen to pump if it's twice a week.
Re: Should I Question Ny Landlord? by ELLYX: 2:09pm On Aug 20, 2020
For real, your 1.9kva carries your washing machine? If so, why then am I affraid of using my 2.9kva?
I will try it today then.
yommen:

Thanks. I'm buying a drum ASAP. My gen powers my Washing machine. It's 1.9 KVA but I can't risk it for pumping machine. I'll also consider renting a gen to pump if it's twice a week.
Re: Should I Question Ny Landlord? by Klass99(f): 4:01pm On Aug 20, 2020
Re: Should I Question Ny Landlord? by frozen70(f): 4:56pm On Aug 21, 2020
yommen:

Thanks

You know what, you don't know what he has agreed to do or not to do in the place of generator and if his other tenants can talk at his back and can't confront him, then they are waiting for you to do that

Just buy that blue drum and get phone number of a mallam to be suppling water for you

At times let's leave somethings to sort it's self out

Alternatively, your generator can pump water but constantly using it will affect it due to the capasity and once you start you must complete it

So stay away from confronting your landlord, you are not his only tenants

2 Likes

Re: Should I Question Ny Landlord? by frozen70(f): 4:58pm On Aug 21, 2020
ZaRuleOfLaw:

let all the tenants go to meet him together. you guys will all agree on whether to hire a generator or contribute for petrol to fuel any available generator in the compound. landlord must contribute to avoid cheating oo.

If all the tenants go to him, only him will be the one talking because others will keep quiet, you can't force your landlord to contribute because he is not bothered

1 Like

Re: Should I Question Ny Landlord? by mariahAngel(f): 5:50pm On Aug 21, 2020
yommen:

Thanks

It is obvious that your landlord is quite a stingy man, so don't bother.
You and the other tenants should contribute, pump your water and save yourselves some stress.
Re: Should I Question Ny Landlord? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 21, 2020
Sometimes I wonder how Men will survive if Seu.n didn't create Nl.

Look at this thread? Huh?

1 Like

Re: Should I Question Ny Landlord? by rvpbae: 9:45pm On Aug 21, 2020
yommen:

Mr, don't start what you can't finish. It's a communal house, except every tenant plus landlord agrees to rent the gen and fuel it for water purposes, no try am oh. You would be taken advantage of.

Best bet, you all can meet with the landlord to know the way forward, if nothing comes out of it, go and buy the biggest drum in the market, get aboki to fill it up for you.
Re: Should I Question Ny Landlord? by merieam16(f): 9:53pm On Aug 21, 2020
Is dis an issue? it nt his fault dat the transformer is faulty,just get does mai ruwa mallams and fill d house pending wen d light is fixed
Re: Should I Question Ny Landlord? by GboyegaD(m): 10:00pm On Aug 21, 2020
What question are you planning to ask him?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Okrika UK Wears For Sale / What This Mom Did To Her Baby In A Fast Food Bathroom Is Despicable / Female Child Has Right To Inherit Father’s Property In Igboland – Supreme Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.