Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,516 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Do Insurance Companies Pay Well? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Do Insurance Companies Pay Well? (15418 Views)

What Oil Companies Pay Their Workers In Port Hacourt / How Much Does Oil Companies Pay Doctors And Pharmacists / Does Accenture Pay Well? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Insurance Companies Pay Well? by akt: 2:42pm On Jan 30, 2006
i want to know if insurance is a worthwhile career to pursue in nigeria
Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Well? by dejiolowe: 6:56pm On Jan 31, 2006
To be frank, they don't pay well at all. The marketing executives collect very low base salary and commissions which makes life to be tough.

2 Likes

Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Well? by Icon(m): 10:37pm On Feb 01, 2006
Very true. Insurance is not the way to go at all. Why don't you try asset management or banking?
Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Well? by hayo(m): 5:47pm On Feb 02, 2006
I used to work in an Insurance company before I switched to Telecoms. Anyway I was in the IT department of one of the most promising Insurance companies.
Not all Insurance companies are bad, some of them pay reasonably well...not too much but not too bad. Though the reality is most of them don't pay well at all, but you could be lucky to get one of the few good ones.
If you are in marketing, you also have a good chance of making big money. In my former company, if you bring a business you are entitled to 10-20% commission. But when you don't bring a business, you will be in trouble. Other non-marketing staff also bring businesses and collect commission too. If you can tell me the name of the Insurance company, I can tell you if they are worth it because many of them are mushroom companies smiley

1 Like

Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Well? by dejiolowe: 7:40am On Feb 03, 2006
Icon:

Very true. Insurance is not the way to go at all. Why don't you try asset management or banking?
bank job are tough now. We have only 25 banks left.

2 Likes

Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Well? by Eggyloo: 11:22pm On Aug 20, 2009
Hi nairalanders, I just saw an advert from African reinsurance. Pls, I would like to know what its like to work there and their salary structure. Thanks.
Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Well? by YOKIP(m): 3:33pm On Aug 24, 2009
African Re Insurance is not a bad idea
Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Well? by Brieljill: 3:11pm On May 18, 2012
Hi nairalanders,

I also saw an interesting job advert from Great Nigeria Insurance few months ago. Please i would like to get your advice on whether taking up a career with a big insurance company like GNI is a good idea?

Any advise will help. Thank you in anticipation.
Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Well? by melvournis(f): 9:39am On May 19, 2012

Icon: Very true. Insurance is not the way to go at all. Why don't you try asset management or banking?
Do insurance is not so easy to successful, now of the dispute is too much, the insurance company on the introduction of the strategy is different also, or careful it.
Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Well? by jaiye4love: 7:28pm On Aug 26, 2015
Please do any one know about Union commercial insurance brokers at 23 Oshifila street,Anifowoshe, Ikeja Lagos. I dont know if they pay well too. please they invited me for interview tommorow
Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Well? by jaiye4love: 2:26pm On Oct 26, 2015
hayo:
I used to work in an Insurance company before I switched to Telecoms. Anyway I was in the IT department of one of the most promising Insurance companies.
Not all Insurance companies are bad, some of them pay reasonably well...not too much but not too bad. Though the reality is most of them don't pay well at all, but you could be lucky to get one of the few good ones.
If you are in marketing, you also have a good chance of making big money. In my former company, if you bring a business you are entitled to 10-20% commission. But when you don't bring a business, you will be in trouble. Other non-marketing staff also bring businesses and collect commission too. If you can tell me the name of the Insurance company, I can tell you if they are worth it because many of them are mushroom companies smiley

So do you know about Union Commercial Insurance Brokers?Please tell me more about them
Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Well? by Rotellarh93: 1:52pm On Nov 18, 2018
hayo:
Hello, please do you have an idea how much Customer Service Officers earn monthly at Old Mutual Assurance?
Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Well? by Jaynipher22: 6:49am On Dec 13, 2018
Please how much does Wapic and AIICO Insurance Company pay their marketers. I got with an Outsourcing company with the former. Please I look forward to your reply, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Well? by Bluehill1051: 8:49am On Dec 31, 2018
Jaynipher22:
Please how much does Wapic and AIICO Insurance Company pay their marketers. I got with an Outsourcing company with the former. Please I look forward to your reply, thanks.
Did you later honour Aiico interview? What is their salary like pls
Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Well? by Chate4reyl: 11:41am On Jan 16, 2019
hayo:
pls do u have idea about old mutual Nigeria financial services (its an insurance company)
Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Well? by Nobody: 12:08am On Jan 17, 2019
People are still going to school to study insurance, I wonder what they are insuring in this wack Nigerian system.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Well? by kandydude1(m): 10:43pm On Jan 17, 2019
Lol
Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Well? by Daniel133: 11:16pm On Nov 08, 2019
Please send dragnet solution @venadaniel10@gmail.com
Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Well? by Larryhillz28: 11:48am On Jan 08, 2020
Please does Allianz pay well?
hayo:
Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Well? by Cn866: 10:00am On Jan 09, 2020
Insurance companies aren’t trying in Nigeria with their pay at all.
Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Well? by newspapers: 7:50pm On Jun 28, 2020
Insurance Company Jobs in Nigeria

https://www.jobsinnigeria.ng/insurance-jobs/
Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Well? by wowmagonline: 10:32am On Jan 24, 2021
Of course. Insurance companies pay their staff very well. Although, your qualification, job position among other factors will determine how much you would get paid in an insurance company. Recently, I found this article about insurance company salary in Nigeria. I really think it would be helpful if you really want to know how much insurance companies pay their workers. https://www.nigeriaboom.com/2020/10/insurance-company-salary-in-nigeria.html
Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Well? by CrazyMan(m): 11:10am On Jan 25, 2021
In Nigeria, they don't. Outside Nigeria, they do. If you have work experience and go abroad for Msc, you'll definitely get a good paying job over there.

2 Likes

Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Well? by Tohsine: 7:02pm On Jul 07, 2021
Larryhillz28:
Please does Allianz pay well?

Hello Larryhillz.

Please, I will like to ask you some questions.

Kindly check your email.

Thank you
Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Well? by KennyJoyce: 5:16pm On Sep 05, 2023
Pls does Allianz insurance pay Retail sales Executive well?
Pls who can help me with their salary scale

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Handle An Angry Boss Lady? / Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss / Reps Wants CBN To Sanction Banks Casualizing Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.