Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

2020 UTME: JAMB Top 10 Candidates Revealed - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2020 UTME: JAMB Top 10 Candidates Revealed (43104 Views)

Jamb’s Top Performer, Kamsiyochukwu Gets 8 A’s, 1 B In WAEC / Nigerian CEO Rewards JAMB Top Scorer Kamsiyochukwu Umeh With N2.5 Million(Photo) / Top 10 Candidates In 2023 UTME As Announced By JAMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2020 UTME: JAMB Top 10 Candidates Revealed by Admitwithschola: 6:30pm On Jul 02, 2020
Gerrard59:
One study I'll be glad to read or even sponsor when the money is available is the number of first class graduates whose JAMB scores are above 300 and vice versa. Another will be to check their current careers' projections. This will be important to link the correlation (if there is) between a high JAMB score and the likelihood to attain first class. This is important because the first class graduates I've come across never scored 300 in JAMB. One even had 180+ yet finished as the best graduating from his faculty.

The future is interesting.

Cc: Admitwithschola
Indeed, this will be an interesting study to perform. I once ruminated about this but dropped the idea because I feared data would be wahala.

However, if data can be gotten, then for sure we have an army of RAs in Nigeria that can support with the research. It's an interesting research...

My hunch though is that we lose such > 300 guys to outside countries, so many don't graduate, and some lose steam and get 2:1. As such, majority of the first class honours guys and girls didn't make >300 in JAMB. This is just my guesswork. Only proper research can answer this question.

PS: I personally trust >300 of the computer testing era than the era of paper testing plagued with special centre pathogens. In the late 90's and beyond, people used to see JAMB questions before exam day. Salim tried to remedy that in year 2000 by introducing types and making questions harder. That year, many people were caught unawares and suffered as a result. But that year gave rise to one Bosun who made a name for him by blasting JAMB, 347.
Re: 2020 UTME: JAMB Top 10 Candidates Revealed by Gerrard59(m): 8:03pm On Jul 02, 2020
Admitwithschola:

Indeed, this will be an interesting study to perform. I once ruminated about this but dropped the idea because I feared data would be wahala.

However, if data can be gotten, then for sure we have an army of RAs in Nigeria that can support with the research. It's an interesting research...

My hunch though is that we lose such > 300 guys to outside countries, so many don't graduate, and some lose steam and get 2:1. As such, majority of the first class honours guys and girls didn't make >300 in JAMB. This is just my guesswork. Only proper research can answer this question.

PS: I personally trust >300 of the computer testing era than the era of paper testing plagued with special centre pathogens. In the late 90's and beyond, people used to see JAMB questions before exam day. Salim tried to remedy that in year 2000 by introducing types and making questions harder. That year, many people were caught unawares and suffered as a result. But that year gave rise to one Bosun who made a name for him by blasting JAMB, 347.

Thank you for your insights. It's one research I'd be glad to sponsor. I don't think data would be hard to amass (of candidates above 300 and their eventual grades after graduation). Preferably, period 2010 - 2020 should be used due to the penetration of the Internet, usage, LinkedIn, availability of news articles about graduating students etc.

For instance, Ayodele Dada had 5.0 CGPA during his time at Unilag, what was his UTME score? What about the second BGS, what was his/her UTME score? Who had the highest UTME score that year and what was the person's eventual grade upon graduation? Ayo is currently at Stanford, what about the person who had the highest UTME score (assuming Ayo wasn't the one)? And so on. The Bosun you mentioned is currently at Google (he didn't even school in Nigeria sef. MIT oh shocked) - https://www.linkedin.com/in/bosun-adeoti-1757545 Next question: what about the person who had the second highest score? Where did this person school? Grade? Current career/enterprise? This research will require requesting information from JAMB and each institution especially for UTME scores.

Regarding future careers', there was a thread of OAU's faculty of engineering graduates' careers' paths (https://www.nairaland.com/3313286/cgpa-oau-best-graduating-engineering). Some work in top MNCs with one in ExxonMobil. We do same for Unilag, ABU, UNN, Unical, FUTO, Unizik, UI, Unijos etc.

Fascinating stuff.
Re: 2020 UTME: JAMB Top 10 Candidates Revealed by Samkoyeh3(m): 9:38pm On Jul 02, 2020
Congratulations

This post is very informative....I hope you gonna take a bit of value from it.

https://scholarsvibes.com.ng/how-to-make-first-class-in-nigeria-university/
Re: 2020 UTME: JAMB Top 10 Candidates Revealed by bolu96(m): 11:29pm On Jul 02, 2020
Gerrard59:

Thank you for your insights. It's one research I'd be glad to sponsor. I don't think data would be hard to amass (of candidates above 300 and their eventual grades after graduation). Preferably, period 2010 - 2020 should be used due to the penetration of the Internet, usage, LinkedIn, availability of news articles about graduating students etc.

For instance, Ayodele Dada had 5.0 CGPA during his time at Unilag, what was his UTME score? What about the second BGS, what was his/her UTME score? Who had the highest UTME score that year and what was the person's eventual grade upon graduation? Ayo is currently at Stanford, what about the person who had the highest UTME score (assuming Ayo wasn't the one)? And so on. The Bosun you mentioned is currently at Google (he didn't even school in Nigeria sef. MIT oh shocked) - https://www.linkedin.com/in/bosun-adeoti-1757545 Next question: what about the person who had the second highest score? Where did this person school? Grade? Current career/enterprise? This research will require requesting information from JAMB and each institution especially for UTME scores.

Regarding future careers', there was a thread of OAU's faculty of engineering graduates' careers' paths (https://www.nairaland.com/3313286/cgpa-oau-best-graduating-engineering). Some work in top MNCs with one in ExxonMobil. We do same for Unilag, ABU, UNN, Unical, FUTO, Unizik, UI, Unijos etc.

Fascinating stuff.

Ayodele dada wrote UTME but his result was cancelled but he said he could have sworn he would have scored 300+. He entered Unilag through the foundation programme(diploma).
Re: 2020 UTME: JAMB Top 10 Candidates Revealed by Gerrard59(m): 11:33pm On Jul 02, 2020
bolu96:

Ayodele dada wrote UTME but his result was cancelled but he said he could have sworn he would have scored 300+. He entered Unilag through the foundation programme(diploma).

Thanks. TBH, I was not too sure about that UTME 'cos I recalled his interview with PUNCH when he graduated, he entered Unilag as a 200L student thereby omitting year one courses. Well, it is to know who had the highest score till the fifth, check their graduated grades and present career status.
Re: 2020 UTME: JAMB Top 10 Candidates Revealed by Abbanazeeza(m): 9:21am On Sep 19, 2020
Congrats to all. I'm a northerner and an Hausa from Kaduna. The poor performance of the north pains me greatly. I compliment the southerners and I simply call them 'my mentors'. I'm glad you always look down to us and call us any obnoxious names, just to display you are superior to us. May be we'll feel the pain and try to improve our gusto. We are surely left behind, retrogressed.

Take this:...within a couple of years, we shall cut the cake. We shall top the list. I GIVE YOU MY WORD.

I scored 283, and I can forego admission this year with a view to achieving my aim!!

REMEMBER, I GIVE YOU MY WORD.....!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Salihu Dasuki Is Youngest Senior Lecturer At Sheffield Hallam University UK / What Is The Origin Of The Slang 419 / SOSPOLY Student Stabs Her Bestie To Death During An Argument

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.