Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,418 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba (53027 Views)

Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba Threatens To Shut FGGC Umuahia Over Sanitary Condition / No WASSCE For Nigerian Students Now - Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba / Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba Dismisses Reports Of Schools Resuming On June 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by smartval(m): 11:31am On Jun 17, 2020
Islie:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/06/17/fg-rolls-out-guidelines-for-reopening-of-schools/

All this polytechnic and federal government college schools that like to jam-pack students in the classroom, how will the social distancing work.

Visit IMT Enugu to see things for yourself

1 Like

Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by Franklyspeakin: 11:32am On Jun 17, 2020
With the inadequate lecture halls in our federal university, social distancing won't work.
I can just imagine how corona will shine
Edopesin:

Uniben can implement these guidelines, Classes and other public gathering areas will be sanitized with sanitizer stands in different places Uniben can control these things

1 Like

Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by Xmen149(m): 11:32am On Jun 17, 2020
StillWiz:

For example, numbers of student in UNIBEN was estimated to be around 75,000. So tell me how will this guidelines work? How many hand sanitizers will be available for 75,000 students and I've never include the new freshman that would be admitted after resumption.
I'm just wondering tho

it said body disinfectant ..they are mounted at point of entrance (just like metal detector door in banks) it disinfects the person before going inside after washing their hands.. while inside u then wear face mask always

lol all classes will then use mic cos if lecturer with his mask say fee's and u jot these u don fail b that
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by MATURELION: 11:34am On Jun 17, 2020
When hostels are jampacked hahaha some are even squatting and to be honest that drug is not as effective as you think cos it's not the cure
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by Edopesin: 11:34am On Jun 17, 2020
frozen70:

Easy said than done

Have you sat down to calculate how this things will work

Is like expecting social distance in Balogun market

Social Distancing cannot work
W know the places students are going to, if Uniben can enforce the sanitizing rules at those places I don't know why we shouldn't resume
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by Kelly256(f): 11:34am On Jun 17, 2020
So what's the date?
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by Nobody: 11:35am On Jun 17, 2020
If Nigerian politicians really care about the lives of the people they should first eliminate the Islamic terrorists called bokoharam.They should also eliminates Fulani herdsmen who have killed citizens more than coronavirus.They should stop using coronavirus to deceive nigerians because majority of the people knows that it is for a finacial benefits for the politicians and NCDC taskforce.
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by Austino778: 11:35am On Jun 17, 2020
If u fail to reopen schools before end of ds month, u wil b visited by d virus plus everyone dt work wit u.....
I rest my case

1 Like

Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by Edopesin: 11:36am On Jun 17, 2020
Angelfrost:

Uniben??! The same Uniben I know or another one?!... Faculty of Social Sciences alone will make a poor mess of it all within 3 days.

Abeg, let's be real here!!!

I'm being real and I'm also in Uniben so I know that if these guidelines are enforced we can resume
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by Opeyemi4real(m): 11:37am On Jun 17, 2020
Government schools will not open this year
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by Edopesin: 11:38am On Jun 17, 2020
Fearlez:
Are you a Nigerian?

Do you know the actual population by in the average Nigerian class room or lecture hall?

It is over crowded.

That's why the government emphasised at sanitizing different areas and putting up sanitizer stands
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:39am On Jun 17, 2020
There’s hope! Schools honestly need to reopen!

Excluding nursery and primary schools, though.
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by Autoeng: 11:40am On Jun 17, 2020
Edopesin:
This can be enforced in schools no doubt, if the right authorities use their head

Over or less than 50,000? I'm lost, are you saying it will work for precisely only 50,000 students
In Nigeria? How will that happen? Keep dreaming. I

1 Like

Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by Fearlez: 11:45am On Jun 17, 2020
Edopesin:

That's why the government emphasised at sanitizing different areas and putting up sanitizer stands
let's put the scenario this way.

Schools are opened nation wide. All these students alight from different places of the state in different transportation services. One or two picks up the virus. Comes to school washes hand at school gate, washes hand at department gate, wahses hand at lecture hall.

Then sits in a crowded hall with no space, goes to cafeteria to eat lunch. They talk , laugh play in a class seating a hundred people. How long are they going to keep up before we see a rise of covid-19 cases?

The schools will even become lax within days of opening.

The truth is that the very nature of Nigerian schools cannot cope with covid-19 no matter if they put a stream of sanitisers there.

Too overcrowded, too disorganised.

2 Likes

Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by SchoolAndEarn: 11:48am On Jun 17, 2020
Edopesin:

Uniben can implement these guidelines, Classes and other public gathering areas will be sanitized with sanitizer stands in different places Uniben can control these things
uniben can't do sh*t

1 Like

Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by usah4(m): 11:48am On Jun 17, 2020
cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by Ericsdm55(m): 11:51am On Jun 17, 2020
TheFuturist:
This isn't a welcome development.

Federal institutions are not ready to resume. The lecture halls do not contain students normally. How do they socially distant themselves in halls that cannot contain them?

The guidelines above will only be followed for a week and that's all. We are not ready.
This is the sad reality

1 Like

Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by Ericsdm55(m): 11:53am On Jun 17, 2020
jospepper:
Where are the facilities? Most schools outside the state capitals will not adhere to these guidelines and there will be no one to inspect.

For example in my state, some of the guidelines are being respected only in the state capital. Its business as usual in the other local governments.
You spoke the truth

2 Likes

Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by fujirice: 11:54am On Jun 17, 2020
I see a lot of people re-stating the obvious problems we already have at hand, the real question is, “what is the way forward? What solutions are there to these problems already acknowledged?”.
For me, keeping the schools closed down till God knows when is a no no for me. I hear a lot of people saying don’t open till September. What guarantee do you have that the pandemic would have disappeared in September or even if there’s a cure by September, that it would be enough.
Like someone said earlier, Corona virus is here to stay, let’s find ways to live with it.
Locking down our society is not the solution as we can see that the virus is still spreading.
HIV/AIDS still doesn’t have a cure and you don’t see nations shutting down because of it, we learned to live with it as we manage it.
Same should be our posture towards Covid-19.

1 Like

Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by Edifresh: 11:55am On Jun 17, 2020
cool hi guys

Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by Edopesin: 11:55am On Jun 17, 2020
Fearlez:
let's put the scenario this way.

Schools are opened nation wide. All these students alight from different places of the state in different transportation services. One or two picks up the virus. Comes to school washes hand at school gate, washes hand at department gate, wahses hand at lecture hall.

Then sits in a crowded hall with no space, goes to cafeteria to eat lunch. They talk , laugh play in a class seating a hundred people. How long are they going to keep up before we see a rise of covid-19 cases?

The schools will even become lax within days of opening.

The truth is that the very nature of Nigerian schools cannot cope with covid-19 no matter if they put a stream of sanitisers there.

Too overcrowded, too disorganised.

But then again students can't be left at home with six months remaining of the year and some schools haven't even started the first semester

The truth of these matter is that Covid19 is not going anytime soon and all we can try to do is manage it until drugs are available for public use and until then the world cannot forever be on a stand still

Places where gatherings are imminent should be taken into consideration not only in the schools but outside in public area like the interstate transportation parks
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by Edopesin: 11:56am On Jun 17, 2020
SchoolAndEarn:
uniben can't do sh*t

Uniben will
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by Edopesin: 11:57am On Jun 17, 2020
fujirice:
I see a lot of people re-stating the obvious problems we already have at hand, the real question is, “what is the way forward? What solutions are there to these problems already acknowledged?”.
For me, keeping the schools closed down till God knows when is a no no for me. I hear a lot of people saying don’t open till September. What guarantee do you have that the pandemic would have disappeared in September or even if there’s a cure by September, that it would be enough.
Like someone said earlier, Corona virus is here to stay, let’s find ways to live with it.
Locking down our society is not the solution as we can see that the virus is still spreading.
HIV/AIDS still doesn’t have a cure and you don’t see nations shutting down because of it, we learned to live with it as we manage it.
Same should be our posture towards Covid-19.

exactly, we don't know when there will be a cure available to the public and we cannot wait until God knows when

1 Like

Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by Ericsdm55(m): 11:58am On Jun 17, 2020
Like some rightly said, most institutions can only observe this for a week, when the heat of the guidelines is still tense

1 Like

Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by ekestic1976(f): 11:59am On Jun 17, 2020
StillWiz:

Lol....sorry to disappoint you but I'm a graduate cheesy

Haba! Can't you take joke? It's meant as joke, although I'm aware that the present insanity in Nigeria can kill one's sense of humour. You shall be greater than a Graduate. You shall not be servant to anyone, but many shall compete to answer your summons, IJN.

Cheer up, we shall survive it.
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by SpaceAngel: 12:02pm On Jun 17, 2020
These guidelines will be difficult to implement in naija schools especially the public ones.
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by Kingproy(m): 12:04pm On Jun 17, 2020
StillWiz:

For example, numbers of student in UNIBEN was estimated to be around 75,000. So tell me how will this guidelines work? How many hand sanitizers will be available for 75,000 students and I've never include the new freshman that would be admitted after resumption.
I'm just wondering tho

What about the ones that will be graduating or the ones they will waff or the ones that will deffer admission or the slayers that don't come to school. Ok now the number has reduced to 35k
So we can manage it
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by oshorstan(f): 12:09pm On Jun 17, 2020
This is what they should have done earlier. There is no need of shutting down the economy. copy copy of America....

yes people
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by ofiko123(m): 12:10pm On Jun 17, 2020
Nice one... Let the schools reopen..
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by Fearlez: 12:11pm On Jun 17, 2020
Edopesin:

But then again students can't be left at home with six months remaining of the year and some schools haven't even started the first semester

The truth of these matter is that Covid19 is not going anytime soon and all we can try to do is manage it until drugs are available for public use and until then the world cannot forever be on a stand still

Places where gatherings are imminent should be taken into consideration not only in the schools but outside in public area like the interstate transportation parks
students have stayed longer due to strikes. What use is a degree to a dead student by the way.

I suggest the federal government tarry til there's a drug or the virus strain weakens.

There's been reported good progress on drugs which will be out shortly.
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by coputa(m): 12:14pm On Jun 17, 2020
If schools are re opened now,the pandemic will surely attain epidemic level,given our communal lifestyle.The resultant effect will be deadly since Our health sector is in shambles.where will we run to,nowhere.The government should not be cowed by the undiciplined nigeria masses.they should stand their ground,because,the blame shifting nigeria masses will shift the blame to them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photo: This Is Called Creativity! / Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures / UPDATED--2016/2017 Fed Poly Ede Admission Process-Post utme; HND; PRE ND; PT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.