Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,328 members, 7,829,837 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba (53020 Views)

Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba Threatens To Shut FGGC Umuahia Over Sanitary Condition / No WASSCE For Nigerian Students Now - Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba / Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba Dismisses Reports Of Schools Resuming On June 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by ovoP(m): 12:15pm On Jun 17, 2020
BlackSpanner:
How can physical distancing and all the rules given by the Federal ministry of education be observed in a year one lecture like the picture below?
My year 1 class was like this, but we voiced out and the class was divided... They'll roll out policies to reduce the crowd ... The way things are going, semesters would be longer than normal that's all...
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by ovoP(m): 12:21pm On Jun 17, 2020
Fearlez:
let's put the scenario this way.

Schools are opened nation wide. All these students alight from different places of the state in different transportation services. One or two picks up the virus. Comes to school washes hand at school gate, washes hand at department gate, wahses hand at lecture hall.

Then sits in a crowded hall with no space, goes to cafeteria to eat lunch. They talk , laugh play in a class seating a hundred people. How long are they going to keep up before we see a rise of covid-19 cases?

The schools will even become lax within days of opening.

The truth is that the very nature of Nigerian schools cannot cope with covid-19 no matter if they put a stream of sanitisers there.

Too overcrowded, too disorganised.
Actually they can.. classes can be divided... the overcrowded classes you talk about are only found in Freshers classes and some 200l classes.. we actually overrate this crowd of a thing... When we know it's only general classes that are crowded.
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by ovoP(m): 12:27pm On Jun 17, 2020
Fearlez:
students have stayed longer due to strikes. What use is a degree to a dead student by the way.

I suggest the federal government tarry til there's a drug or the virus strain weakens.

There's been reported good progress on drugs which will be out shortly.
The virus isn't really fatal to young people. students are even younger.. it's only those with underlying health conditions like asthma that are at risk and when u know you're risk, you do well to protect yourself.. it's not like these students are not exposed at home

3 Likes

Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by fujirice: 12:30pm On Jun 17, 2020
smartval:

All this polytechnic and federal government college schools that like to jam-pack students in the classroom, how will the social distancing work.

Visit IMT Enugu to see things for yourself
That was the IMT of old which I was part of but not anymore.
Don’t take my word for it.
Make your findings
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by Edopesin: 12:33pm On Jun 17, 2020
Fearlez:
students have stayed longer due to strikes. What use is a degree to a dead student by the way.

I suggest the federal government tarry til there's a drug or the virus strain weakens.

There's been reported good progress on drugs which will be out shortly.

Series of tests have will be made on potential drugs, these tests will take months before the drugs finally get to the mass production stage which is another hurdle on its own

A readily available drug is not feasible this year

1 Like

Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by Ajibel(m): 12:41pm On Jun 17, 2020
These guidelines wont work in UNN
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by karnap(m): 12:44pm On Jun 17, 2020
audios implementations
no body gonna do it...they can do it on first day but when it finished the management will said they are bringing it 😁😁😁🙌🙌😀😂
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by Bejidemi(f): 12:44pm On Jun 17, 2020
Unfortunately that's the truth
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by Bejidemi(f): 12:46pm On Jun 17, 2020
Fearlez:
let's put the scenario this way.

Schools are opened nation wide. All these students alight from different places of the state in different transportation services. One or two picks up the virus. Comes to school washes hand at school gate, washes hand at department gate, wahses hand at lecture hall.

Then sits in a crowded hall with no space, goes to cafeteria to eat lunch. They talk , laugh play in a class seating a hundred people. How long are they going to keep up before we see a rise of covid-19 cases?

The schools will even become lax within days of opening.

The truth is that the very nature of Nigerian schools cannot cope with covid-19 no matter if they put a stream of sanitisers there.

Too overcrowded, too disorganised.

Very right

1 Like

Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jun 17, 2020
1. Is the UK based Benue woman that refused further testing and treatment from NCDC still positive or she is now negative?

2. If still positive, why was she released into the society from her unlawful detention? To further infect the masses?

3. If she is now negative, how did she manage to recover without any treatment from NCDC?

4. Can a Covid419 patient recovers on her own without taking any medication? Provided Question 3 is "yes."

5. If Question 4 answer is "yes," then there is no need all the hullabaloos. Open up the economy. Stop the fear and fake figures. Nigeria should not kill Nigerians. Nigerians can't breath!

NCDC: the more you know, the confused you become.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by IkpemosiSeven(m): 12:55pm On Jun 17, 2020
jidamsel43:
good development

It's arguably fact that Covid-19 is here to stay and we must take precautions to manage it.

Everybody should take responsibility to curtail this virus.

What is update on Madagascar convid-19 organic cure?

Madagascar cure..
I feel it was a hoax..just to make a point..it was never really considered..

my 2 cents
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by mvem(m): 12:58pm On Jun 17, 2020
Edopesin:

Uniben can implement these guidelines, Classes and other public gathering areas will be sanitized with sanitizer stands in different places Uniben can control these things
hostels where everyone is doing things close to each other...rooms, bathroom, kitchen...how will you social distance in a hostel or class setting...will they fumigate bathrooms after everyone goes in or what ?
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by BillionaireTalk: 12:59pm On Jun 17, 2020
jidamsel43:
good development

It's arguably fact that Covid-19 is here to stay and we must take precautions to manage it.

Everybody should take responsibility to curtail this virus.

What is update on Madagascar convid-19 organic cure?
good question, all of a sudden no one is talking about the Organic Cure
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by TushXhander(m): 1:09pm On Jun 17, 2020
*Audio Guildlines* ... My dept alone is upto 400 students,then my group is apprx 150studnts. We have 3 lectures per day 2hrs each. So 150/3= 50studnts each per class. Which s still too much for social distancing. How they can do these without detriment to the standard of learning still baffles me.
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by Edopesin: 1:09pm On Jun 17, 2020
mvem:
hostels where everyone is doing things close to each other...rooms, bathroom, kitchen...how will you social distance in a hostel or class setting...will they fumigate bathrooms after everyone goes in or what ?

nobody said anything about social distancing
If they fumigate the hallways, Hostel entrances regularly and ensure that students use sanitizer stands that are placed at the different entrances of the hostels and class rooms are we not good to go?

Unless you want us to wait for a cure that might not be available for the next 6 months
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by Skmoda360(m): 1:17pm On Jun 17, 2020
risos:
As if there is water sef. 99% of schools in Nigeria have no running water. Even the government offices place bucket water with tap for hand sanitization.
An someone will start saying he is a proud Nigeria, youths total bereft of senses only thinking through their stomachs, association of poor masses.
All will be well soon.
Stop using 99% jawre ...how many schools have you been to in Nigeria? Mr statistician.....

1 Like

Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by Kingmaduka(m): 1:37pm On Jun 17, 2020
fujirice:
I see a lot of people re-stating the obvious problems we already have at hand, the real question is, “what is the way forward? What solutions are there to these problems already acknowledged?”.
For me, keeping the schools closed down till God knows when is a no no for me. I hear a lot of people saying don’t open till September. What guarantee do you have that the pandemic would have disappeared in September or even if there’s a cure by September, that it would be enough.
Like someone said earlier, Corona virus is here to stay, let’s find ways to live with it.
Locking down our society is not the solution as we can see that the virus is still spreading.
HIV/AIDS still doesn’t have a cure and you don’t see nations shutting down because of it, we learned to live with it as we manage it.
Same should be our posture towards Covid-19.
for your mind you don talk sense
Hiv/Aids and corona virus, how do each spread?
What are the causes of Hiv/Aids and corona virus?

Answer this two questions and tell me the one that spreads faster and ready to kill faster before you start shouting manage.

Na huna keep the country like this, managing every situation instead of flushing the contaminant and starting afresh but huna go say no. Where are you rushing in life?
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by PositiveDirect: 1:53pm On Jun 17, 2020
All na stories. When are the schools resuming? Mention a date please.
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by Jahwinaboy(m): 2:16pm On Jun 17, 2020
Kelly256:
So what's the date?
No date yet. We are still debating on safety measures
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by Fearlez: 2:22pm On Jun 17, 2020
ovoP:
Actually they can.. classes can be divided... the overcrowded classes you talk about are only found in Freshers classes and some 200l classes.. we actually overrate this crowd of a thing... When we know it's only general classes that are crowded.
Edopesin:

Series of tests have will be made on potential drugs, these tests will take months before the drugs finally get to the mass production stage which is another hurdle on its own

A readily available drug is not feasible this year
ovoP:
The virus isn't really fatal to young people. students are even younger.. it's only those with underlying health conditions like asthma that are at risk and when u know you're risk, you do well to protect yourself.. it's not like these students are not exposed at home

I understand there are likely two groups if people proposing immediate reopening of schools: lecturers due to income cut and students finding home boring and freedom clipped.

Even if your classes are only 75 people you're in a single geographical space with over 75,000 people. A situation where one person can actually infect a hundred people in seconds.

And young people are vulnerable too.... even though not as susceptible as older people. They suffer and may have eternal damage to lungs or kidney.

They are exposed at home, sure but minimally and run the risk of infecting many people.

There's a very cheap drug in the UK that is already mass produced and shown to have good potency. A couple more months and we'll be in the better shape.
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by fujirice: 2:29pm On Jun 17, 2020
Kingmaduka:
for your mind you don talk sense
Hiv/Aids and corona virus, how do each spread?
What are the causes of Hiv/Aids and corona virus?

Answer this two questions and tell me the one that spreads faster and ready to kill faster before you start shouting manage.

Na huna keep the country like this, managing every situation instead of flushing the contaminant and starting afresh but huna go say no. Where are you rushing in life?
I would have answered you appropriately but since your aim is to insult and rubbish any other reasoning contrary to your own, I’d gladly pass.
Have a nice day.
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by mvem(m): 2:32pm On Jun 17, 2020
Edopesin:

nobody said anything about social distancing
If they fumigate the hallways, Hostel entrances regularly and ensure that students use sanitizer stands that are placed at the different entrances of the hostels and class rooms are we not good to go?

Unless you want us to wait for a cure that might not be available for the next 6 months
you are Nigerian and these things won't work perfectly considering attitude and society...even if you use sanitizer or whatever that won't curtail spread in a place like a hostel if one have it... Just imagine, will you sanitize all time in your room, what of the bathroom and you know how communal we are...in reality I think it will spread but good enough WHO have said that spread in Africa is actually limited compared to Europe due to several reasons...we are just being lucky
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by smartval(m): 2:37pm On Jun 17, 2020
fujirice:

That was the IMT of old which I was part of but not anymore.
Don’t take my word for it.
Make your findings

My dear i finished ND programme last year in the school currently on IT now, in our first year we were 1000+ in my department.
Departments like BAM, SLT and Mass com have close to 2000 year one student which is totally wrong.
They are just after the money

1 Like

Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by Edopesin: 3:05pm On Jun 17, 2020
Fearlez:

I understand there are likely two groups if people proposing immediate reopening of schools: lecturers due to income cut and students finding home boring and freedom clipped.

Even if your classes are only 75 people you're in a single geographical space with over 75,000 people. A situation where one person can actually infect a hundred people in seconds.

And young people are vulnerable too.... even though not as susceptible as older people. They suffer and may have eternal damage to lungs or kidney.

They are exposed at home, sure but minimally and run the risk of infecting many people.

There's a very cheap drug in the UK that is already mass produced and shown to have good potency. A couple more months and we'll be in the better shape.

Can you give the name of the drug already being mass produced in the UK
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by dtphilosopher: 3:15pm On Jun 17, 2020
Register for scholarship program for your degree, Masters and PhD at foreign universities of your choice.

No more Jamb/post Jamb delay
No strike
No hidden charges

Click here
http://jptsportal.com/index.php?affiliate=66

Then Click on registration
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by Kingmaduka(m): 3:22pm On Jun 17, 2020
fujirice:

I would have answered you appropriately but since your aim is to insult and rubbish any other reasoning contrary to your own, I’d gladly pass.
Have a nice day.
� � � �

1 Like

Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by comrChris(m): 3:41pm On Jun 17, 2020
If you have ever been to unizik year one lecture halls, you will know that these guidelines can never work
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by comrChris(m): 3:42pm On Jun 17, 2020
If you have ever been to unizik year one lecture halls, you will know that these guidelines can never work.

Just imagine someone testing positive in the middle of exam
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by chukwumapeter24: 3:52pm On Jun 17, 2020
We need
ofiko123:
Nice one... Let the schools reopen..
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by Fearlez: 4:46pm On Jun 17, 2020
Edopesin:

Can you give the name of the drug already being mass produced in the UK
read the OP
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by Saintinoo(m): 4:47pm On Jun 17, 2020
ovoP:
You dey mind them, they know better than Ministry of education that brought out the conditions...

Apart from year 1 students that take general courses, year 3 and year 4 are not that much, general courses lectures can be banned while only materials is given to the students.

These people know how to divide the classes.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photo: This Is Called Creativity! / Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures / UPDATED--2016/2017 Fed Poly Ede Admission Process-Post utme; HND; PRE ND; PT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.