Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,574 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu (30989 Views)

Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly / Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG / Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:35pm On Jun 17, 2020
Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has given reasons for the continued closure of schools and tertiary institutions in the state.

Sanwo-Olu gave the reasons two weeks after announcing that guidelines for reopening schools would be made public in the state.

He spoke during the 15th press briefing held at the State House in Marina to give updates on Lagos COVID-19 response

The governor explained that the guidelines for reopening schools were not ready.

He also said schools cannot be allowed to reopen with the increasing cases of COVID-19 in the state.

Sanwo-Olu said the State Government was finalising the protocols to reopen basic and secondary schools, noting that meetings were currently being held with stakeholders.

He said online learning already adopted by the State-owned tertiary institutions and secondary schools would go on until stakeholders agree on protocols for schools’ resumption.

He said, “Regarding the educational sector, I did mention that by now, we will be expressing a full guideline. Those guidelines are not ready yet because of the engagements we are having with the various stakeholders in that sector. But we will need to continue to encourage the online learning that we have.

“That has started extensively with our higher institutions. We are encouraging other private sectors as well to use as much online capability as a form of intervention in the educational sector until the statistics that we have subsided and we are at a stage that all of these schools can reopen again.”

Source: https://punchng.com/why-lagos-cant-reopen-schools-now-sanwo-olu/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jun 17, 2020
Na you sabi undecided undecided.. I know this cannot last for ever.. it is well..
We don't even know which is which undecided undecided

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu by chatinent: 12:23am On Jun 18, 2020
Double tongued.

16 Likes

Re: Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu by ojun50(m): 12:37am On Jun 18, 2020
If una tire na go open the river self

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu by jidamsel43(m): 7:02am On Jun 18, 2020
Lagos going back and forth.

Covid-19 is here to stay with us. There is no possible solution in sight for now. We can't continue to ground all sectors.

Preventive measures should be given while people take responsibility for their health.

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu by qanda: 7:29am On Jun 18, 2020
Re: Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu by Slawormir: 9:26am On Jun 18, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

2 Likes

Re: Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu by TwentyOnePilots(m): 9:27am On Jun 18, 2020
"Those guidelines are not ready yet...But we will need to continue to encourage the online learning that we have."

Our network providers keeps ripping us off with high cost of Data and also "Men in Black" will refuse to provide constant Electricity! So, how exactly are we suppose to continue to encourage the "online' learning that we have!? undecided undecided undecided

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu by playapayaski: 9:27am On Jun 18, 2020
We know

2 Likes

Re: Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu by Hemanwel(m): 9:27am On Jun 18, 2020
I think it is commonsensical for Lagos not to re-open schools now because of the increase in the number of cases of the disease. Why should they re-open when the virus is still ravaging?

If not for the irresponsibility of our government, the whole country ought to still be in total lockdown.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 18, 2020
When the numbers are increasing. Smh.
Re: Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu by Sundaypaul12345: 9:28am On Jun 18, 2020
Na wah for sanwo olu oh

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu by Postboiswag(m): 9:28am On Jun 18, 2020
Corona don scatter 2020 calendar

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu by Thatlong9: 9:29am On Jun 18, 2020
Don't open it o, keep them closed, tight.

4 Likes

Re: Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu by GRACEGLORY: 9:30am On Jun 18, 2020
Now that school closures affect all involved, students, Edu staffs and all, this plays a major role in amplifying inequalities.

FG, even though we understand that these are important political decisions, they just must be based on robust evidence, not theory or some orals...

“You must be thoroughly fair when it comes to finding a delicate balance between the protection of health, the prevention of economic and social risks and especially fundamental respect for human rights”.

The reopening of schools is symbolic and shall definitely serve as a practical herald of recovery.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu by DenreleDave(m): 9:31am On Jun 18, 2020
Shut up
I Don't evem care abt Lagos... Let nysc open for us.. Simple

Did anyone notice that *121# code for mtn data isn't working.... It has been bringing error msg since morning.. I mean the number 2 option for data

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu by gambia(m): 9:31am On Jun 18, 2020
Its none of my business.
Re: Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu by NobleRomm(m): 9:32am On Jun 18, 2020
if you rush open am, You go still rush close am like other countries did

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu by DenreleDave(m): 9:32am On Jun 18, 2020
Anuoluwa1234:
Na you sabi undecided undecided.. I know this cannot last for ever.. it is well..
We don't even know which is which undecided undecided

Hy pretty
Re: Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu by oluwaseunamos33(m): 9:32am On Jun 18, 2020
Ohhh my GOD, pls reveal the truth abt this covid 19 our leaders are using for business.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu by Dcartel(m): 9:32am On Jun 18, 2020
Double faced government

Abeg make I carry my load go back to sambisa forest, I have more rest of mind over there

All these open and close government

2 Likes

Re: Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu by JosephXavier: 9:32am On Jun 18, 2020
T
Re: Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu by Joefat: 9:32am On Jun 18, 2020
Keep it up mR governor
Re: Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu by starbuck(f): 9:32am On Jun 18, 2020
Na from your mouth you talk say you will open school gradually, na the same you dey talk say una not ready undecided undecided undecided

Nke a gbasara ùnu

2 Likes

Re: Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu by Usman16(m): 9:33am On Jun 18, 2020
I wish you are not going to work like those teachers. By now schools would have resumed.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu by Reex12(m): 9:34am On Jun 18, 2020
DenreleDave:

Hy pretty
lesbian
Re: Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu by Mindlog: 9:34am On Jun 18, 2020
Is online learning going on in public primary schools in the state?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

JAMB Orders Candidates To Upload Their O'Level Results Again / Photos: Nigerian Girl Bags First Class From A UK University / Philip Toluwase Alabi: NECO Best Student 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.