Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,456 members, 7,850,591 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:10 AM

Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu (31020 Views)

Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly / Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG / Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu by bikaka17(m): 12:29pm On Jun 18, 2020
Of course lagos still has increasing cases daily but trust me this online learning is not working at all...Some parents find it hard to accommodate logistics for this which includes Data fee, Network Issues, and ofcourse our ever epileptic power supply..
I don't think the government has considered any of these at all...
I have a sibling who had a zoom class, before we could even spend up to an hour 1.5gb is already gone coupled with the difficulty we had connecting..
We need an alternative because e-learning isn't just productive for some in this part of the world.
Re: Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu by jidamsel43(m): 12:30pm On Jun 18, 2020
AuroraB:
I guess Nigeria is way ahead of USA, UK and others whose schools are still closed
What is Covid-19 situation of those countries that you mentioned
Re: Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu by ovoP(m): 12:34pm On Jun 18, 2020
blessedchild234:
School should be the last thing on the minds of the federal and state government, are they going to release the little children that they can't exclusively control to the helm of the virus although people are tired but things can't never be the same again.
Things can never be the same you say, that means children will never go to school again..

Schools should resume gradually... The reason schools are not open, is not to protect the children but the parents

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu by enoch273: 12:41pm On Jun 18, 2020
Finally a precaution measures to further contain the pandemic.

I'm glad to see organisations, brands, and entrepreneurs supporting the government and even the masses in whichever way they can.

Everyone can help in whatever way they can too, FCMB recently partnered with Babban Gona to provide daily meals for needy Nigerians via www.givefood.ng

Re: Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu by blessedchild234(m): 12:45pm On Jun 18, 2020
ovoP:
Things can never be the same you say, that means children will never go to school again..

Schools should resume gradually... The reason schools are not open, is not to protect the children but the parents
so you think children dont die of the disease abi you think immune systems are the same. South Africa has tried it and they know how far, talk less of Nigeria.SMH.
Re: Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu by ovoP(m): 12:49pm On Jun 18, 2020
blessedchild234:
so you think children dont die of the disease abi you think immune systems are the same. South Africa has tried it and they know how far, talk less of Nigeria.SMH.
Schools are still open in south Africa.. No student died from d virus in south Africa.. Should we officially cancel education because of a virus that isn't really deadly... I said students schools should resume gradually, from tertiary institutions down below.... policies and guidelines will be made to limit the spread of the virus...
Re: Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu by blessedchild234(m): 12:52pm On Jun 18, 2020
ovoP:
Schools are still open in south Africa.. No student died from d virus in south Africa.. Should we officially cancel education because of a virus that isn't really deadly... I said students schools should resume gradually, from tertiary institutions down below.... policies and guidelines will be made to limit the spread of the virus...
SMH.
Re: Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu by ovoP(m): 12:56pm On Jun 18, 2020
blessedchild234:
SMH.
Answer d questions.. should schools remain locked forever... you are dwelling on the problems and not looking for solutions

3 Likes

Re: Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu by MajorOvakporaye(f): 12:59pm On Jun 18, 2020
Hemanwel:
I think it is commonsensical for Lagos not to re-open schools now because of the increase in the number of cases of the disease. Why should they re-open when the virus is still ravaging?

If not for the irresponsibility of our government, the whole country ought to still be in total lockdown.

shut up!!!
Re: Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu by blessedchild234(m): 1:03pm On Jun 18, 2020
ovoP:
Answer d questions.. should schools remain locked forever... you are dwelling on the problems and not looking for solutions
I think you still think the virus is a scam.
Re: Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu by ovoP(m): 1:15pm On Jun 18, 2020
blessedchild234:
of course schools can't remain closed forever but how do you ensure that social distancing rules are being followed even an average Nigerian adult find that hard to do. Or you dont think corona virus is deadly , or it isn't in Nigeria or you think I don't know people who have died from it look there's nothing the government can do as for now or do you think if they know wat to do they wouldn't have ?
People who disregard the rules are the uneducated among us.. The govt don't know what to do because they are not seeking for solutions.. they are just testing people everyday hoping it will reduce one day... we'll keep having cases till d end of the year even if there's a full lockdown.. I believe Corona virus is in the country don't get me wrong.. but staying at home doesn't necessarily make us safe from it....

it's much easier to control young adults than adults and kids.. they could also be policies put in place to test students in various institutions say weekly or daily but divided into groups so one can take d test at least once a week... The timetables will have to change to limit crowd.. semesters will take longer to finish, but it's d price to pay to return to school... all these can be put in place if only the government plan towards it... That's for higher institutions ooo.. for secondary.. the JSCE ANS SSCE candidates should be at schools at least for the sake of their exams that will have to be written... third term can be scrapped... and the govt should plan better and safer safety measures for a new term.. their curriculum will be shuffled to enable them learn all the've lost..
Re: Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu by LKTJ123(m): 2:00pm On Jun 18, 2020
Confused Government
Re: Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu by Teejay13(m): 2:52pm On Jun 18, 2020
How many student can afford the cost of virtual learning?

What are the concrete measures that have been structured on ground for the process of learning online?
Re: Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu by tradetips: 5:58pm On Jun 18, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu by AuroraB(f): 7:46pm On Jun 18, 2020
jidamsel43:
What is Covid-19 situation of those countries that you mentioned
It has to be like theirs for Nigeria to take precaution Wow sad
Re: Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu by Matthexx: 2:10am On Jun 19, 2020
A lot are taking advantage of the times we find our selves to learn high-end skill set
We can't keep waiting on this...

There are a lot of mediums now out there students can leverage to acquire a great skill "Udemy is one"... I personally give Free coupons to paid udemy courses worth $200 daily on programing and various courses you can find out how on http://covidone9.org/

A lot of campus students are getting this paid courses for free daily via the coupons on all my Whatsapp groups and platforms and engaging on different skillsets during this lockdown.

pick a course and study in 3 months you will testify, in as much as you study.

Hope this helps a student

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

OAU Medicine And Surgery Cut-off Mark 304 / JAMB Orders Candidates To Upload Their O'Level Results Again / Top 100 Universities In Nigeria 2018: By 4 International Colleges & Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.