Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Duplicate Copy Of Voters Card - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Duplicate Copy Of Voters Card (1265 Views)

Irregularities And Low Turn Out Of Voters Mar Imo Rerun Election / Agbaje Laments Poor Turnout Of Voters In Lagos / Picture Of Gov Okorocha Demanding The Release Of Voters Held Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Duplicate Copy Of Voters Card by Johnnyessence(m): 9:55pm On Jan 26, 2011
Helo people from nairaland i register yesterday afternoon due to lack of inadequate broad sheet 4 printing at my polling booth and the inec staff that registered me said that i should come today to collect d card,nevetheless i was giving d card but something strange appears in d card which says DUPLICATE COPY and secondly,my pics doesn't appears very well i was not allow to register my name age and address on d inec broad sheet and i was not allowed to thumbprint on the sheet pls people i beg u with this problem, because i am confused it seems to me the card is valid pls nairalander i need answers and help on this e gbami!!!!!! John frm osogbo
Re: Duplicate Copy Of Voters Card by Johnnyessence(m): 5:52am On Jan 27, 2011
Reply me on this thread pls.
Re: Duplicate Copy Of Voters Card by JOKYTECH(f): 8:46am On Jan 27, 2011
hi John, I saw same thing yesterday on my friend's voters card. I tried asking him y duplicate copy was written on his own and the others I have seen appeared clear without that inscription cos I was surprised myself. But he too could not give me any concrete answer.
from the info am having now, its like urs is invalid i.e its not accepted, you have to go back and re-register
Re: Duplicate Copy Of Voters Card by Johnnyessence(m): 9:23am On Jan 27, 2011
@jokytech pls can i go and register in d same center i registered before pls.thanks
Re: Duplicate Copy Of Voters Card by georgywest(m): 10:20am On Jan 27, 2011
u dont av to re-register, they av to re-print it 4 u. We av anoda way to re-print witout showin duplicate copy. Am an adhoc staff. U cant vote wit a duplicate copy
Re: Duplicate Copy Of Voters Card by JOKYTECH(f): 10:47am On Jan 27, 2011
georgywest:

u dont av to re-register, they av to re-print it 4 u. We av anoda way to re-print witout showin duplicate copy. Am an adhoc staff. U cant vote wit a duplicate copy

@georgywest what do advice him to do now? did'nt the person that registered him observe this error?

abeg @OP just go there and ask them to register u (do this without telling them that u ve registered b4) then if they refused, tell them to find solution to the duplicate copy
Re: Duplicate Copy Of Voters Card by Johnnyessence(m): 11:08am On Jan 27, 2011
@geogywest they said they cannot register me again pls confuse because am citizen of this country and pls the venue where i register is technical college osogbo and pls kindly give me ur phone no so that i can contact u today my no. Is 08091563122 pls am confuse and pls give me the no. Of inec office in osogbo oá¹£un state .thanks 4 ur response am greatful .
Re: Duplicate Copy Of Voters Card by Akainzo(m): 11:16am On Jan 27, 2011
@Johnny, you need not register again as you have been duly registered.

Tell the people at your centre to go to the 'Print Voters Card' option of the application and re-print your card. From that menu, the duplicate copy would not appear on the card.
Re: Duplicate Copy Of Voters Card by Johnnyessence(m): 11:32am On Jan 27, 2011
@akainzo do u know that i have inform the officials what they said that with the voters card i wil vote and i have inform the the nsdc that yesterday that i will vote and they said they cannot print it 4 me again and they said my fingerprint have appeared on the screen.i dont know may be my fingerprint dont appear cos am confused.thanks
Re: Duplicate Copy Of Voters Card by Johnnyessence(m): 11:32am On Jan 27, 2011
@akainzo do u know that i have inform the officials what they said that with the voters card i wil vote and i have inform the the nsdc that yesterday that i will vote and they said they cannot print it 4 me again and they said my fingerprint have appeared on the screen.i dont know may be my fingerprint dont appear cos am confused.thanks
Re: Duplicate Copy Of Voters Card by Johnnyessence(m): 12:30pm On Jan 27, 2011
I need answer on this thread thanks.
Re: Duplicate Copy Of Voters Card by Johnnyessence(m): 12:30pm On Jan 27, 2011
I need answer on this thread thanks.
Re: Duplicate Copy Of Voters Card by georgywest(m): 2:30pm On Jan 27, 2011
not all officers knw how to print without showing d duplicate copy. . .they shud click on print at d top of d registratn page, then click on print voter's card, select d date d record is, bt click on show voters reg on the date, its above d calender. .then do the other few tins. It wil print witout showing duplicate copy
Re: Duplicate Copy Of Voters Card by georgywest(m): 2:37pm On Jan 27, 2011
mind you, you cant register twice cos of the finger prints. .just tel them wat i said above.
Re: Duplicate Copy Of Voters Card by Johnnyessence(m): 3:28pm On Jan 27, 2011
Thanks 4 d reply i will go to the polling unit tomorrow.at least i will be there tomorrow morning.i wil be mailing u how far when i get there and pls give me ur no.
Re: Duplicate Copy Of Voters Card by Johnnyessence(m): 3:28pm On Jan 27, 2011
Thanks 4 d reply i will go to the polling unit tomorrow.at least i will be there tomorrow morning.i wil be mailing u how far when i get there and pls give me ur no.
Re: Duplicate Copy Of Voters Card by Johnnyessence(m): 9:23am On Jan 28, 2011
If they don't agree in printing the card 4 me should i go to inec office.
Re: Duplicate Copy Of Voters Card by georgywest(m): 9:52am On Jan 28, 2011
u can if u wish, but as for me, i can print it without showing it
Re: Duplicate Copy Of Voters Card by Johnnyessence(m): 10:14am On Jan 28, 2011
Pls just give me your no. So that if i went to that place i will cal u in their and they confirm it.because if i went there they wil said they have register me before.that i should leave where as i haven't register. So pls help me.
Re: Duplicate Copy Of Voters Card by rasputinn(m): 10:15am On Jan 28, 2011
Blimey shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Duplicate Copy Of Voters Card by Johnnyessence(m): 10:20am On Jan 28, 2011
Meaning
Re: Duplicate Copy Of Voters Card by Johnnyessence(m): 10:57am On Jan 28, 2011
but pls can i report the case to police
Re: Duplicate Copy Of Voters Card by SHEAU(m): 11:27am On Jan 28, 2011
Johnnyessence:

no, to EFCC grin
Re: Duplicate Copy Of Voters Card by Johnnyessence(m): 11:31am On Jan 28, 2011
why
Re: Duplicate Copy Of Voters Card by rebranded(m): 1:33pm On Jan 28, 2011
Johnnyessence:

Are u sure u are nigerian??. .u want to report to the Nigerian Police? grin grin
Re: Duplicate Copy Of Voters Card by ifyalways(f): 1:48pm On Jan 28, 2011
266 Views and no solution at hand.
This election and Nigeria is more than awesome.
georgywest:

u can if u wish, but as for me, i can print it without showing it
can't u help him?can he come to your center or go to another center to correct the error?
Re: Duplicate Copy Of Voters Card by rasputinn(m): 9:53am On Jan 29, 2011
Johnnyessence:

Meaning

Never thought of it that way
However,I was told it's the VIN number on the card that matters more than duplicate or not,I was also told one can still vote with that card,during the display of the register for claims and objections,you can raise any objections
Re: Duplicate Copy Of Voters Card by Funkymallam(m): 11:04am On Jan 29, 2011
@jonny. Am also an ad hoc staff. As for d duplicate on ur card, there is no cause for alarm, cos some of my colleagues here have been printing such until we did what george just xplained. If u really want to change ur card, there is no need to re register cos the system will detect ur finger print and that is a criminal offence in the electoral act. Just pray that the center u registered is not the always crowded type and u have to approach the registration officers with politeness, beg them and teach them how to print without showing duplicate, cos we were not taught that @ the training, but some us deviced that. Cheers

(1) (Reply)

Senate Confirms New Nddc Leadership / Hon Patrick Obahiagbon On Renaming Of UNILAG / Blame The Nigerian Media For Our Negative Image Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.