Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,392 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

Please My Wife Breast Has Decreased Over Days Now - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please My Wife Breast Has Decreased Over Days Now (4163 Views)

I Caught My Husband Sucking My Niece’s Breast, Sleeping With Our Maid -wife / Man Gifts Wife New Car For Exclusively Breast-Feeding Their Baby For 6 Months / I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please My Wife Breast Has Decreased Over Days Now by yankison(m): 2:50pm On Jun 18, 2020
The baby won't suck from breath when she gave birth ,so I had to get a breast pump but now since over 4 days now she couldn't pump up to half feeding bottle .. please what do we need to do to increase the flow of her breast Milk .. science and traditional
Re: Please My Wife Breast Has Decreased Over Days Now by poshestmina(f): 2:56pm On Jun 18, 2020
Palm wine helps .

7 Likes

Re: Please My Wife Breast Has Decreased Over Days Now by thesicilian: 3:02pm On Jun 18, 2020
The most likely reason the baby is not sucking direct from the breast is because he's not latching onto it properly. If you place the baby's mouth on it correctly, he'll suck well and the milk will flow better.
If it's your first time, you may need the help of a good nurse or midwife for this.
Try to avoid palmwine, agbo Jedi etc

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please My Wife Breast Has Decreased Over Days Now by JeffreyD1(m): 3:11pm On Jun 18, 2020
First person said pam wine helps
Second person said avoid palm wine

At poster better go to hospital oh

17 Likes

Re: Please My Wife Breast Has Decreased Over Days Now by nautybride: 3:12pm On Jun 18, 2020
The clinic should be your option by now
Re: Please My Wife Breast Has Decreased Over Days Now by Pauladex(m): 3:14pm On Jun 18, 2020
Your wife should take Pap and mIlk and allow the baby to suck it. if it is not working see your doctor.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please My Wife Breast Has Decreased Over Days Now by andrewtosin(m): 3:14pm On Jun 18, 2020
grin grin grin grin
JeffreyD1:

2 Likes

Re: Please My Wife Breast Has Decreased Over Days Now by eniolorunfe: 3:31pm On Jun 18, 2020
Fluids and more fluids!

Your wife should take lots of fluids ....water, tea and milk, ogi/pap and milk, custard and milk, juice etc etc. For some women ogi and milk helps increase the flow and for others, tea/bournvita/ Milo/peak milk does the magic etc etc

Also baby sucking directly helps stimulate the flow so she should not stop putting baby to breast...

7 Likes

Re: Please My Wife Breast Has Decreased Over Days Now by fati2001(m): 3:45pm On Jun 18, 2020
hospital direct.
Re: Please My Wife Breast Has Decreased Over Days Now by 10BabyApple: 3:49pm On Jun 18, 2020
Please use the hospital.
Re: Please My Wife Breast Has Decreased Over Days Now by armyofone(m): 4:09pm On Jun 18, 2020
Maybe wifey is not eating enough due to fear of gaining weight ? She should go see and talk to her Obygyn.

yankison:
The baby won't suck from breath when she gave birth ,so I had to get a breast pump but now since over 4 days now she couldn't pump up to half feeding bottle .. please what do we need to do to increase the flow of her breast Milk .. science and traditional

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please My Wife Breast Has Decreased Over Days Now by Filmewell(f): 4:37pm On Jun 18, 2020
There is something called* let down reflex* .Try to get the breastfeeding direct right.
The child suckling reminds the brain to tell alveoli in the breast to produce more.

Find a nurse or a midwife preferably to teach your wife.

2 Likes

Re: Please My Wife Breast Has Decreased Over Days Now by Daddyxyz: 4:47pm On Jun 18, 2020
yankison:

oga chat me up on 08077411532 for your solution
Re: Please My Wife Breast Has Decreased Over Days Now by Oluneutral: 5:10pm On Jun 18, 2020
Daddyxyz:

oga chat me up on 08077411532 for your solution

Why should he chat you up? Why can't you suggest your solution here just like other posters. Must you people monetize everything.

@op, be careful o. Anybody that cannot suggest solution for you here is likely planning to scam you.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please My Wife Breast Has Decreased Over Days Now by DenreleDave(m): 5:37pm On Jun 18, 2020
FTC advised pammy
Stc said avoid pammy

Wetin op go do now

1 Like

Re: Please My Wife Breast Has Decreased Over Days Now by Bola146(f): 5:45pm On Jun 18, 2020
eniolorunfe:
Fluids and more fluids!

Your wife should take lots of fluids ....water, tea and milk, ogi/pap and milk, custard and milk, juice etc etc. For some women ogi and milk helps increase the flow and for others, tea/bournvita/ Milo/peak milk does the magic etc etc

Also baby sucking directly helps stimulate the flow so she should not stop putting baby to breast...

Exactly!! Hot one!
Re: Please My Wife Breast Has Decreased Over Days Now by geez18(m): 6:11pm On Jun 18, 2020
I want to believe your wife attended antenatal classes..., issues relating to lactation or the lack of it are surely discussed in those meetings.

anyways, she has to help the baby latch onto the nipple properly so that suction can be maximised. hopefully she is not of the inverted nipple, if so it may pose problems in allowing the babe latch on to the nipples properly. once milk starts flowing, she needs to allow the babe suckle regularly thereby conditioning the brain nay breasts to continue to produce milk constantly.

also, she should take foods that boost milk production. foods like oats and nuts are surebets. liquids like milk and yogurt will add lots of value too. taking lots of liquid is a plus.

1 Like

Re: Please My Wife Breast Has Decreased Over Days Now by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jun 18, 2020
yankison:
Help her suck them.
Re: Please My Wife Breast Has Decreased Over Days Now by sisisioge: 10:36pm On Jun 18, 2020
JeffreyD1:

grin grin grin grin grin

Did you for a second think the palm wine crooner wasn't already high? How can a lactating mother be encouraged to drink alcoholic drinks? Do we want the baby to get intoxicated ni? Whew grin

2 Likes

Re: Please My Wife Breast Has Decreased Over Days Now by LadySarah: 10:46pm On Jun 18, 2020
See ur doctor.
Re: Please My Wife Breast Has Decreased Over Days Now by yankison(m): 10:49pm On Jun 18, 2020
thesicilian:
The most likely reason the baby is not sucking direct from the breast is because he's not latching onto it properly. If you place the baby's mouth on it correctly, he'll suck well and the milk will flow better.
If it's your first time, you may need the help of a good nurse or midwife for this.
Try to avoid palmwine, agbo Jedi etc

I thought someone said palmwine helps .. and since she is not latching when given birth I bought a pump she has been using for 6 weeks now if she gives breast to baby .. baby start crying furiously
Re: Please My Wife Breast Has Decreased Over Days Now by yankison(m): 10:52pm On Jun 18, 2020
geez18:
I want to believe your wife attended antenatal classes..., issues relating to lactation or the lack of it are surely discussed in those meetings.

anyways, she has to help the baby latch onto the nipple properly so that suction can be maximised. hopefully she is not of the inverted nipple, if so it may pose problems in allowing the babe latch on to the nipples properly. once milk starts flowing, she needs to allow the babe suckle regularly thereby conditioning the brain nay breasts to continue to produce milk constantly.

also, she should take foods that boost milk production. foods like oats and nuts are surebets. liquids like milk and yogurt will add lots of value too. taking lots of liquid is a plus.

Problem now is that the baby cries so much whenever she give her the Brest to suck . She has been using pump for more than 6 weeks . How can we get the baby to start sucking the breast coz the cry gives me headache
Re: Please My Wife Breast Has Decreased Over Days Now by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jun 18, 2020
Help open the pores by sucking it yourself.

2 or 3 times and it will start overflowing.
Suck and spit out.
Breast milk is not sweet grin
Congrats to your family.
Re: Please My Wife Breast Has Decreased Over Days Now by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jun 18, 2020
yankison:

Problem now is that the baby cries so much whenever she give her the Brest to suck . She has been using pump for more than 6 weeks . How can we get the baby to start sucking the breast coz the cry gives me headache

You should have sucked the damn thing open the first week she came home.
Are u afraid of breast milk or are u ready to buy baby milk in this present day Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Please My Wife Breast Has Decreased Over Days Now by yankison(m): 11:02pm On Jun 18, 2020
Does private hospitals have midwifery to teach her how to make the baby suck again, because the way the baby cries when given bread now is annoying
Re: Please My Wife Breast Has Decreased Over Days Now by yankison(m): 11:04pm On Jun 18, 2020
sassysure:
Help open the pores by sucking it yourself.

2 or 3 times and it will start overflowing.
Suck and spit out.
Breast milk is not sweet grin
Congrats to your family.

Chaii really so I would be the one to do this ...
Re: Please My Wife Breast Has Decreased Over Days Now by yankison(m): 11:05pm On Jun 18, 2020
sassysure:

You should have sucked the damn thing open the first week she came home.
Are u afraid of breast milk or are u ready to buy baby milk in this present day Nigeria?

Bro the reason why I came here is I'm already tired of buying SMA pro .. a tin cost 3k for 9 days it's gone
Re: Please My Wife Breast Has Decreased Over Days Now by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jun 18, 2020
yankison:

Chaii really so I would be the one to do this ...
I'm not laughing cheesy cheesy
Yes o. U don't have choice. The pores are not yet open and since its not producing again, it's clogging.
It need forceful opening. Will be painful. Don't overdo it.

Before you do that, let her massage it with lukewarm water and napkin or towel.
Re: Please My Wife Breast Has Decreased Over Days Now by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jun 18, 2020
yankison:

Bro the reason why I came here is I'm already tired of buying SMA pro .. a tin cost 3k for 9 days it's gone

If the thing still cut flow after you must have done everything and visited the health centre( not Dr) ie the immunization people, u can continue with the milk for about 2 months plus and introduce solid food.
Baby will be just fine.

Pap and dry shrimp is perfect.
Re: Please My Wife Breast Has Decreased Over Days Now by yankison(m): 11:27pm On Jun 18, 2020
Filmewell:
There is something called* let down reflex* .Try to get the breastfeeding direct right.
The child suckling reminds the brain to tell alveoli in the breast to produce more.

Find a nurse or a midwife preferably to teach your wife.

She has been trying to make her suck directly since 2 days . You can't imagine how the baby would start crying .. do we Force her ?
Re: Please My Wife Breast Has Decreased Over Days Now by Psalmspsalms: 11:33pm On Jun 18, 2020
Forgive me sir, but how about you try and suck to see if the problem is from the baby. Hahaha

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guys Please Is This Loan Worth Collecting Pics Attached / How Long Should The Wife And Mother-in-law Stay Under Same Roof / What If Ur Best Man Did Dis 2 Ur Wife On Ur Weddin Day. (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.