Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,953 members, 7,952,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:04 AM

Obasanja should face tribunal if this is true! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanja should face tribunal if this is true! (1218 Views)

Arms Deal: Offenders Should Face Firing Squad —NATFORCE DG / Taraba Tribunal: If Taraba Why Not Zamafara?? / If This Is True Then Why Isn't This Woman Arrested Yet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanja should face tribunal if this is true! by tEsLim(m): 10:11pm On Jun 12, 2007
I Cant Really Recall The Story Properly -- On The Odi Village Genocide Ordered By Obj. If The Killin was ordered by the former president, I think thats a crime. And he should be judged.
Re: Obasanja should face tribunal if this is true! by fromuk(m): 11:37pm On Jun 12, 2007
it happened odi and in zakibiam as well, he gave the order but who will prosecute him yaradua i don,t think so.
Re: Obasanja should face tribunal if this is true! by babasin(m): 2:16pm On Jun 13, 2007
You just waking up!!!

ODI was razed down.

A Nigerian regional official has said that it was soldiers who shot dead more than 100 villagers this week in a remote part of the country in reprisals for the deaths of their comrades.

The BBC's Lagos correspondent Dan Isaacs says that the Benue killings recall an earlier massare in November 1999, when troops were sent to the Delta town of Odi to quell unrest after the murder of a number of policemen.

In the operation, several soldiers were reported killed.

Troops then razed the town to the ground and left dozens of civilians dead.

No living species on sight because some thugs killed 8 policemen!

that's your dividends on democrazy.

Nigerians never speak up so long it does not affect their family

grin cool grin
Re: Obasanja should face tribunal if this is true! by tEsLim(m): 8:03pm On Jun 13, 2007
Not Yaradua, I'm talking about the International Tribunal. World court! Thats complete genocide.
Re: Obasanja should face tribunal if this is true! by 9ja4eva: 7:44am On Jun 22, 2007
LOL

Yar Adua can we neva can tell
Re: Obasanja should face tribunal if this is true! by angel101(f): 10:35am On Jun 22, 2007
Story!!
Re: Obasanja should face tribunal if this is true! by sleekdot(m): 3:22pm On Jun 22, 2007
Yeah OBJ killed people/commited genocide/ ethnic cleasing in Odi and Zaki Biamand the treatment meted out to Charles Taylor,Saddam Hussein, Slobodan Milosevic and other Serbian General should be given to him
When people on this forum like ijogbon and backslider now attempt to justify itmakes it more irritating I pray the Odi teatment would be given to their villages in Nigeria Since they are not in the country their relations would benefit from the govt/soldier gesture

ijogbon (m)

Re: Good Things Happening In Nigeria
« #154 on: May 17, 2007, 10:53 AM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Sleekdot

Please start the story from the beginning.

How come the 12 policemen were killed? Who were they there protecting in the first place?

I sincerely beg to differ on this issue. I was in the Niger Delta at that time and regularly travelled the road between PH and Warri on which Odi is and I totally observed what happened. I do not condone it neither can I judge it. The youths of Odi (Or somebody in Odi) killed those 12 men - who have families, and homesteads and villages. Did you expect the Federal Government to stand by while the sovereignty of the Nation is assailed by a few incompetent 'nincompoops' ?

Moreover there have been precedence in other parts of Nigeria and indeed the world. No NATION will stand by held hostage by a few ignorant peasants (Not the entire Niger delta obviously !!!! Just the ones who think they can kill other people and then flee into the bushes while their entire kindred is decimated). That is what is called WAR.
Odi was a WAR zone. Now any arguments? Is there anything that happened in Odi we have not seen in other war zones around the world? Iraq, Afganistan, Kosovo etc. I do not condone it, but when you scratch your nose with the head of a cobra you should have the venom antidote at hand.

Obasanjo did not start it. He finished it.

Stop whipping up unnecessary  

ijogbon (m)   Re: Good Things Happening In Nigeria
« #182 on: May 18, 2007, 05:13 PM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Sleekdot

My kind Sir.

I see you are passionate about the Odi issue. I sincerely apologise for my insensitivity, you might have lost loved ones in that event.

I suspect you are from the Niger Delta and you therefore more than anybody should know that the so called Struggle has been hijacked by simple minded criminals !

Saddam was killed because he didnt have the guts or the decency to KILL his f**king self, Bush did him a favour. (Note they convicted him for the killing of Men and Boys in a town after an attempt on his life, not the Kurd issue, if I remember correctly)

What I was trying to point out was that though the particular issues escape me now, I know back then the start of the Whole Odi issue was based in criminality. I think they were robbing banks and summin like that? I am not sure perchance you might want to remind me.

And Yes. If some FOOL decided to make my life hell and KILL some soldiers, well, I would appreciate it if the government gave me a few days (Like was done in Odi) to get as far the f**k away from there as possible. Before they do their job.

Backslider (m)
GHANA

Re: Good Things Happening In Nigeria
« #155 on: May 17, 2007, 10:55 AM »  

@Sleekdot

You don't Kill a Soldier or a Police for No Reason at all Your area will be treated as a different nation or a Secessionist nation.

This was done in other places also not only in Odi. NEVER KILL A SOLDIER OR POLICE NEVER DO IT YOU PUT THE PEOPLE IN THE AREA AT RISK. GO AND ASK THE PEOPLE IN BENUE. A FRIEND OF MINE WAS VERY ANGRY THAT ASOLDIER COULD BE KILLED THAT WAY AND THEIR BODIES DRAGGED.

I have friends in the Military in Naija and they are very angry to die at the hands of a Civilian.

personally if you kill a soldier in a given locaton and i live there I will move away from that place immediately because i know true Soldier always protect their own irrespective of the tribe they come from.

Ok
Re: Obasanja should face tribunal if this is true! by sleekdot(m): 3:24pm On Jun 22, 2007
I think the Ijaw people should forward their report with video evidence to the Hague and pursue it to a conclusion
Re: Obasanja should face tribunal if this is true! by denex: 4:00pm On Jun 22, 2007
Obasanjo did not send soldiers to massacre Odi. Don't you people know what cops do to cop killers? Then imagine what soldiers would do to cop killers.

Abeg all you calling for a tribunal should first tell the ICJ to hang George Bush and Tony Blair or Shut Up!

Do you honestly think Obasanjo instructed them to make sure they killed as many people as possible?
Re: Obasanja should face tribunal if this is true! by angel101(f): 4:11pm On Jun 22, 2007
denex:

Do you honestly think Obasanjo instructed them to make sure they killed as many people as possible?

As a matter of fact i do! do u think the matter was addressed or even looked into? if ur claim is right, y wasnt there an inquiry into what led to the massacre?

denex:

Abeg all you calling for a tribunal should first tell the ICJ to hang George Bush and Tony Blair or Shut Up!

what has George Bush and Tony Blair got to do with the Odi massacre? So if ur neighbour is robbed and decides not to call police would u mandatorily follow the same pattern?
Re: Obasanja should face tribunal if this is true! by sleekdot(m): 4:30pm On Jun 22, 2007
Obasanjo did not send soldiers to massacre Odi. Don't you people know what cops do to cop killers? Then imagine what soldiers would do to cop killers.

Charles Taylor, Saddam Hussein, Milosevic, did not tell soldiers to kill people too but they were held responsible
Re: Obasanja should face tribunal if this is true! by denex: 4:31pm On Jun 22, 2007
Militaries under different leaders are committing atrocities all over the world but once they are African, the whole world asks for their head.

Well, it is good to see that the new generation racism is being led by Africans against themselves.
Re: Obasanja should face tribunal if this is true! by sleekdot(m): 4:35pm On Jun 22, 2007
Militaries under different leaders are committing atrocities all over the world but once they are African, the whole world asks for their head.

Well, it is good to see that the new generation racism is being led by Africans against themselves

That racism chant wont work here because when did Hussein, Milosevic and other Serbian Generals become African? you comit genocide then you must face the law whether you are African or not
Re: Obasanja should face tribunal if this is true! by denex: 4:44pm On Jun 22, 2007
Then why are you Africans not earnestly pursuing the trial of American and British leaders that have caused the massacre and abuse of more than 600,000 people in one country.
Re: Obasanja should face tribunal if this is true! by sleekdot(m): 5:01pm On Jun 22, 2007
Then why are you Africans not earnestly pursuing the trial of American and British leaders that have caused the massacre and abuse of more than 600,000 people in one country.

What is my own business with the people America and Britain kill? Cant they talk?
OBJ killed my own country people in Odi and Zaki Biam that is why I am shouting for him to be tried!!
Re: Obasanja should face tribunal if this is true! by Mariory(m): 5:21pm On Jun 22, 2007
denex:

Bush and Blair are not the ones ordering people to blow themselves up in markets.

sleekdot:

What is my own business with the people America and Britain kill? Cant they talk?
OBJ killed my own country people in Odi and Zaki Biam that is why I am shouting for him to be tried!!

Make sure you also pursue the likes of Dokubo whose boys almost destroyed Warri in tribal fighting and killed several people.
Re: Obasanja should face tribunal if this is true! by 9ja4eva: 3:32am On Jun 24, 2007
angel101:

As a matter of fact i do! do u think the matter was addressed or even looked into? if your claim is right, y wasnt there an inquiry into what led to the massacre?

what has George Bush and Tony Blair got to do with the Odi massacre? So if your neighbour is robbed and decides not to call police would u mandatorily follow the same pattern?

Word.When will justice ever come down on people like this?

(1) (Reply)

Violence In Ekiti After Tribunal’s Last Sitting •as Govt Blames Attack On Opp / Bizzare: Beggars Resist Arrest In Abuja, Attacks Security Agents & Breaks Glass / "I Have To Stand Up For Buhari. . .Please God, Let Him Lead Us.”- Tam David West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.