Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,080 members, 7,852,671 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:29 PM

Fence Constructed On Drainage Path Causing A Whole Street To Be Flooded In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fence Constructed On Drainage Path Causing A Whole Street To Be Flooded In Lagos (2077 Views)

Nine Nigerian States May Be Flooded As Cameroon Opens Lagdo Dam / Shock As Sanwo-Olu Appoints Joe Igbokwe Special Adviser On Drainage / Why Roads In Lagos Will Always Be Flooded When It Rains (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fence Constructed On Drainage Path Causing A Whole Street To Be Flooded In Lagos by IdowuRufai: 2:09pm On Jun 20, 2020
It’s another rainy season, Nigerian Meteorological agency has forecasted that Lagos shall experience a rainy season of 240 - 270 days. Creditably, Lagos state government have taken steps to clear drainage around the state. All hand has to be on deck to make sure the effect of the rain is not devastating to the populace and properties going by the perennial experience in Lagos. Sadly some citizens are not in tune with the government.

A resident in Idowu Rufai Ave in Ago, a serene neighborhood has left fellow residents swimming to their apartments. The Landlord blocked the street drainage by constructing a fence on the drainage path. The rainfall a few days ago left the whole street flooded, some residents lost properties owing to this singular action. The water bounces back on hitting the fence, flooding the entire neighborhood. Lagos state government through the relevant agency as a matter of urgency should get this landlord to correct this anomaly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-ahnR2Fu7Q

Re: Fence Constructed On Drainage Path Causing A Whole Street To Be Flooded In Lagos by ojun50(m): 2:14pm On Jun 20, 2020
Look at my area oh, the water is still there oh

Re: Fence Constructed On Drainage Path Causing A Whole Street To Be Flooded In Lagos by majamajic(m): 2:21pm On Jun 20, 2020
ojun50:
Look at my area oh, the water is still there oh

U live in ayobo ?
Sorry what do u enjoy in that area ?
Some that stays in ajegunle or old ojo road , I can understand why . But for ayobo I don't
Re: Fence Constructed On Drainage Path Causing A Whole Street To Be Flooded In Lagos by ojun50(m): 2:23pm On Jun 20, 2020
majamajic:

U live in ayobo ?
Some that stays in ajegunle or old ojo road , I can understand why . But for ayobo I don't
I own a house there, but that street you see this water is atan kekere

1 Like

Re: Fence Constructed On Drainage Path Causing A Whole Street To Be Flooded In Lagos by ojun50(m): 2:25pm On Jun 20, 2020
majamajic:

U live in ayobo ?
So tell me why you don't like the area

1 Like

Re: Fence Constructed On Drainage Path Causing A Whole Street To Be Flooded In Lagos by majamajic(m): 2:31pm On Jun 20, 2020
ojun50:

I own a house there, but that street you see this water is atan kekere

Wow , nice
Near that salvation army , i know that area well , Dem use down stairs face me face u swear for dem
Re: Fence Constructed On Drainage Path Causing A Whole Street To Be Flooded In Lagos by SweetJoystick(m): 2:34pm On Jun 20, 2020
majamajic:

Wow , nice
Near that salvation army , i know that area well , Dem use down stairs face me face u swear for dem
grin u be goat
Re: Fence Constructed On Drainage Path Causing A Whole Street To Be Flooded In Lagos by talk2hb1(m): 2:38pm On Jun 20, 2020
Okay Noted
Re: Fence Constructed On Drainage Path Causing A Whole Street To Be Flooded In Lagos by majamajic(m): 2:41pm On Jun 20, 2020
ojun50:

So tell me why you don't like the area

Water logged , ipaja road traffic , command road traffic, them no dey get light , Keke every where on that ayobo road , the girls no fine , no better joint , ajegunle and ojo road no fine but them get sweet joints and fine fine girls , better Churches dey there too , ayobo too local , no road , thank God for sanwo olu , they just did command road and baruwa main road , that area was wack, brown roof and sand everywhere , no good restaurants
That's few reasons why I hate the area
Re: Fence Constructed On Drainage Path Causing A Whole Street To Be Flooded In Lagos by Kwili1: 3:12pm On Jun 20, 2020
Lagos is just a glorified slum by our sophisticated Afonja cone headed and head slammers.

1 Like

Re: Fence Constructed On Drainage Path Causing A Whole Street To Be Flooded In Lagos by ican2020: 3:18pm On Jun 20, 2020
Naija for you

1 Like

Re: Fence Constructed On Drainage Path Causing A Whole Street To Be Flooded In Lagos by ojun50(m): 3:24pm On Jun 20, 2020
majamajic:

Water logged , ipaja road traffic , command road traffic, them no dey get light , Keke every where on that ayobo road , the girls no fine , no better joint , ajegunle and ojo road no fine but them get sweet joints and fine fine girls , better Churches dey there too , ayobo too local , no road , thank God for sanwo olu , they just did command road and baruwa main road , that area was wack, brown roof and sand everywhere , no good restaurants
Lolz, you are funny, if you are talking about light don't know the area you are staying, but where I stay there is constant light. 4days on... Others I agree with you.... But I met my beautiful wife in ayobo. There are beautiful girls there but na inside house them dey lock
Re: Fence Constructed On Drainage Path Causing A Whole Street To Be Flooded In Lagos by 2cul2care: 3:25pm On Jun 20, 2020
Everyone in that area ought to come together and choose representatives to send to alausa secretariat to report this issue, with picture evidence.

They'll take up the case and act swiftly.

That fence needs to be demolished
Re: Fence Constructed On Drainage Path Causing A Whole Street To Be Flooded In Lagos by IdowuRufai: 3:26pm On Jun 20, 2020
Kwili1:
Lagos is just a glorified slum by our sophisticated Afonja cone headed and head slammers.

When humans block water channels, this is what happens, it saddens me to see that we engage in such activities knowing the repercussion.
Re: Fence Constructed On Drainage Path Causing A Whole Street To Be Flooded In Lagos by IdowuRufai: 3:29pm On Jun 20, 2020
I think it will be a right step to take. The rain is just about to start in ernest.
2cul2care:
Everyone in that area ought to come together and choose representatives to send to alausa secretariat to report this issue, with picture evidence.

They'll take up the case and act swiftly.

That fence needs to be demolished
Re: Fence Constructed On Drainage Path Causing A Whole Street To Be Flooded In Lagos by Daddysidhan: 3:40pm On Jun 20, 2020
majamajic:

ipaja is more develop than nnewi

1 Like

Re: Fence Constructed On Drainage Path Causing A Whole Street To Be Flooded In Lagos by Raydos: 3:41pm On Jun 20, 2020
Kwili1:

Does that mean Igbos like to live in a Slum??

Abi why are they trooping to the slum on a daily basis?? Igbos must really like to Live in a dirty place than the Dubai in the east!

2 Likes

Re: Fence Constructed On Drainage Path Causing A Whole Street To Be Flooded In Lagos by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jun 20, 2020
I'm not surprised.
.... This was expected.
Re: Fence Constructed On Drainage Path Causing A Whole Street To Be Flooded In Lagos by manuelreports: 4:40pm On Jun 20, 2020
majamajic:

U live in ayobo ?
My guy I heard Ayobo is now cool, is that true because I will love to set up a business there.
Re: Fence Constructed On Drainage Path Causing A Whole Street To Be Flooded In Lagos by KingAzubuike(f): 5:59pm On Jun 20, 2020
The water will cause the fence to collapse soon. Things will return back to normal.
Re: Fence Constructed On Drainage Path Causing A Whole Street To Be Flooded In Lagos by majamajic(m): 9:53pm On Jun 20, 2020
Daddysidhan:
ipaja is more develop than nnewi

Hahahaha , e never reach like that na

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Nominates Femi Adesina's Brother, Debo Adesina As Ambassador / Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: IGP To Igbo Leaders: Caution IPOB, ESN / Are We Really One Nigeria? Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.