Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,020 members, 7,852,495 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:11 PM

Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" (35366 Views)

Oyedepo: I Will Lay Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patients / He knows the consequences of touching you once you become a Citizen / Apostle Suleman On Coronavirus: "Permit Us To Heal & Pray For COVID-19 Patients" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Sh0lar: 4:02pm On Jun 21, 2020
The Bible says "by their fruit you shall know tgem". What you just said shows you ain't as spiritual as you think.
So is Virus higher than what God can take care of... Where is your faith sister?
So by abstaining from church, you think that will prevent you from having the virus... My sister the virus is airborne and sooner or later may get to you.
When we are in a situation like this that Govt, everybody is scared. It is better to go back to your maker. He only can take care of this pandemic
Trump has realized this and churches are being open in the US. Nigeria indirectly are glorifying the virus more than the potent power of prayers.

Think deeply and tell yourself the truth... The way people don't obey social distance when they go to the market, enter public transport etc... We never die finish. But once it comes to church, people are shouting don't open church yet.
We Christians are the one making unbelievers talk down on us and it seems we do not know the power of the God we serve. We are quick to glorify bad situation rather than talk about how God can turn around the situation.
Anuoluwa1234:
See dear, let me tell you this in case you don't know.
Don't let any spiritual leader fool you, biko Nigerians are damn too gullible for my liking. undecided undecided undecided.
I am a Christian, and believe me, am a very spiritual fellow, but I can't cajole you with spirituality undecided undecided undecided. There is spirituality and there is reality.
Spirituality is that, God is powerful etc. But the reality is that God is not a Magician. There is a great difference btw God and magicians.
Don't dare God at all, we are talking about Virus here biko..( an intracellular obligate parasite).
Do you know what that means, of all microns, Virus is still the maddest, they HV no definite shape, they react anyhow..
I weak for this religious ppl hooo undecided undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Image123(m): 4:02pm On Jun 21, 2020
SeanBeezy:
Exactly what I said initially. It only takes one who deeply knows the word of God to exercise such faith.

Good. So all Christians should not be misled into touching infection. You can still pray for people without touching them by the way.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by olash: 4:02pm On Jun 21, 2020
Samsimple:
Even if you are a Christian please try to have common sense

Meanwhile

I will design a professional brand logo for you at an affordable price

I need a logo
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by effectz123(m): 4:11pm On Jun 21, 2020
Nobody is tempting. And I don't know why Christians are always using the term test, tempt when it comes to covid 19. The words he said about covid is God's truth. You might not be living in that reality but aspire to grow to that level. Don't start contradicting what the word of God says because you want to be correct at all times.
Image123:

Unfortunately the reality is that we cannot all be Paul in this sense. Even Paul asked a rhetorical question whose answer is capital NO.

1Cor12:29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles? 

We are not all workers of miracles or apostles. It is wrong to guilt trip and even mislead many to do what they cannot. By the way, the serpent fastened on Paul's hand, not bit him, though it's besides the point.

You turn Christianity into a laughing stock and ridicule by tempting people into infection. Touching covid 19 patients likely result in infection. That is a normal known fact. Goading normal christians to do the abnormal is tantamount to tempting God. 90% of those who follow that instruction will see the repercussions. You don't need the gift of prophecy to know that.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Image123(m): 4:15pm On Jun 21, 2020
Candoit:
Death could not hold Jesus captive.
Who then is coronavirus?

For God has exalted Jesus above every other name. That at the mention of Jesus Christ every knee must bow.

i like your faith, but remember faith without work is dead faith. Talk is cheap, how many corona patients have you mingled with? Let's not tempt you though.

Learn from Jesus. Where there are steps/stairs, use them. Don't jump down claiming you cannot dash your feet against stone.

Wisdom is the proper application of knowledge. What you know and apply about the virus should be made profitable to direct you. EXCEPT you have rhema from God, don't die before your time.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Image123(m): 4:20pm On Jun 21, 2020
effectz123:
Nobody is tempting. And I don't know why Christians are always using the term test, tempt when it comes to covid 19. The words he said about covid is God's truth. You might not be living in that reality but aspire to grow to that level. Don't start contradicting what the word of God says because you want to be correct at all times.

He should actually be in isolation centres casting out devils and laying hands on emergency patients in their dozens in an atmosphere for miracles.
It is very convenient to sit in the church studio and tell poor listeners forced to go out of lockdown to go and do things beyond their level. It is wickedness and will only bring tears and ridicule, unbelief and backsliding.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by ashawopikin(m): 4:24pm On Jun 21, 2020
Enoch07:
the lady above me is beautiful.
and she get sense

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by effectz123(m): 4:25pm On Jun 21, 2020
And how many People did Jesus go to heal in the hospital.
Image123:

He should actually be in isolation centres casting out devils and laying hands on emergency patients in their dozens in an atmosphere for miracles.
It is very convenient to sit in the church studio and tell poor listeners forced to go out of lockdown to go and do things beyond their level. It is wickedness and will only bring tears and ridicule, unbelief and backsliding.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Image123(m): 4:34pm On Jun 21, 2020
effectz123:
And how many People did Jesus go to heal in the hospital.

i thought you wanted to do greater works? Did Jesus sit in the studio waiting for patients to come to Him? He went out where the sinners and sick were. He went about doing good and healing all. His network was not only inside church sir. He said "I will come and heal him".

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Solutionchima: 4:53pm On Jun 21, 2020
Anuoluwa1234:
Don't let any spiritual leader fool you, biko Nigerians are damn too gullible for my liking. undecided undecided undecided.
I am a Christian, and believe me, am a very spiritual fellow, but I can't cajole you with spirituality undecided undecided undecided. There is spirituality and there is reality.
Spirituality is that, God is powerful etc. But the reality is that God is not a Magician. There is a great difference btw God and magicians.
Don't dare God at all, we are talking about Virus here biko..( an intracellular obligate parasite).
Do you know what that means, of all microns, Virus is still the maddest, they HV no definite shape, they react anyhow..
you have not believed Jesus enough/you have not encountered the raw power of God

2 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Solutionchima: 5:02pm On Jun 21, 2020
[quote author=Anuoluwa1234 post=90886015]See dear, let me tell you this in case you don't know.
yes and its the spirituality that dictates the reality
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by SeanBeezy(m): 5:19pm On Jun 21, 2020
Image123:

Good. So all Christians should not be misled into touching infection. You can still pray for people without touching them by the way.
Nah bro, I'd rather advice all Christians to study God's words meticulously for a better understanding and also believe whole heartedly without fear or doubts, then they're good to go. That's after you've accepted Christ as your Lord and personal saviour first! It follows that sequence
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by effectz123(m): 5:30pm On Jun 21, 2020
And you want him to lock down his church. If he plays into your hands, you'll not be convinced. Go ahead and do what you want.
Image123:

i thought you wanted to do greater works? Did Jesus sit in the studio waiting for patients to come to Him? He went out where the sinners and sick were. He went about doing good and healing all. His network was not only inside church sir. He said "I will come and heal him".
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by JuanDeDios: 5:34pm On Jun 21, 2020
Okoeshin:
Pastor stop it na. I’m your member, you are making it difficult for us to defend you in public. If a fool keeps quiet for long, no one will really know he’s a fool.

Shey na tithe an offering wey you no see collect they affect your thinking ?
Are you sure you're a member of CE?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Okoeshin: 6:03pm On Jun 21, 2020
Candoit:

You truly are not his member nor any member of the body of Christ. If you were, you would show a little respect in your speech.

Also, do you know God doesn't need you to defend Him. He's God all by Himself.

I mentioned Pastor not God. Ogbeni channel this aggressiveness into your life. How did you know I’m
Not a member of any Body of Christ, Bro na your papa dey handle the book of life ??
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Candoit: 7:42pm On Jun 21, 2020
Image123:

i like your faith, but remember faith without work is dead faith. Talk is cheap, how many corona patients have you mingled with? Let's not tempt you though.

Learn from Jesus. Where there are steps/stairs, use them. Don't jump down claiming you cannot dash your feet against stone.

Wisdom is the proper application of knowledge. What you know and apply about the virus should be made profitable to direct you. EXCEPT you have rhema from God, don't die before your time.

The wisdom of men is foolishness unto God. Be a true child of God and see your faith work for you. That same Jesus you quoted said, "if only you have faith as little as a muster seed, you shall say to this mountian, be moved and it shall move".

Don't be little your God and exalt any disease or infection . What you fear, you cannot conquer.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Candoit: 7:45pm On Jun 21, 2020
Okoeshin:

I mentioned Pastor not God. Ogbeni channel this aggressiveness into your life. How did you know I’m
Not a member of any Body of Christ, Bro na your papa dey handle the book of life ??

You need to repent and give your life to Christ.
You cannot answer Christian when you sound like an unbeliever. It's an error. You cannot belong to God and mammon.

Choose u this day whom you would serve. For if you are neither cold nor hot, He would spit you out.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by O3baba(m): 8:00pm On Jun 21, 2020
Okoeshin:
Pastor stop it na. I’m your member, you are making it difficult for us to defend you in public. If a fool keeps quiet for long, no one will really know he’s a fool.

You are not his follower, you can't be one and be insulting him.
stop that lie..
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by osazsky(m): 8:25pm On Jun 21, 2020
MasterRahl:
angry
LEAD BY EXAMPLE!!!

Chris Oyakhilome should drive to the nearest COVID-19 quarantine facility. He should lay hands on at least two patients. Cameras should beam it live for all good Nigerians to watch.

After two weeks, he should be tested and if the results shows negative, then we will compel all pastors to follow suit.

Nonsense and Oshiomole's failed political career.
is there really isolation centres in Benin.. the one we have in ubth patients they fight for babe .drag for beer and drinks..fight sing..they even have leader hierarchy as in who came first is in control of the centre.. in the USA all patients are placed on ventilators

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jun 21, 2020
Thanks
PastorFire:
Very intelligent submission i must say.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jun 21, 2020
osazsky:
is there really isolation centres in Benin.. the one we have in ubth patients they fight for babe .drag for beer and drinks..fight sing..they even have leader hierarchy as in who came first is in control of the centre.. in the USA all patients are placed on ventilators
You said they drag beer and drinks? COVID-19 patients!!! Chai!!! I'm shocked. So COVID-19 patients sef dey drink beer grin
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Newcreature2020(m): 9:18pm On Jun 21, 2020
Okoeshin:

You are not a member, cos if u were, you would never had typed this gibberish for likes.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Okoeshin: 9:35pm On Jun 21, 2020
Newcreature2020:

You are not a member, cos if u were, you would never had typed this gibberish for likes.
Bro I was paid for the likes.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by danny56: 11:25pm On Jun 21, 2020
Anuoluwa1234:

Why are you confusing yourself? Is your reality not gotten from spirituality? Or you think things merely appear on earth without a spiritual programming? Who thought you your Bible sef. Anué shè me sha undecided undecided
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Image123(m): 12:01am On Jun 22, 2020
SeanBeezy:
Nah bro, I'd rather advice all Christians to study God's words meticulously for a better understanding and also believe whole heartedly without fear or doubts, then they're good to go. That's after you've accepted Christ as your Lord and personal saviour first! It follows that sequence

It's not going to happen. The unity of faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, a perfect man, the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ is not going to happen until Christ comes. If you know that we're not even close to it, then it's not wise to order people to do things they cannot do. Jesus had commonsense to gauge His disciples faith as little faith at a time. Living in denial is not faith, it's deceit.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Image123(m): 12:03am On Jun 22, 2020
effectz123:
And you want him to lock down his church. If he plays into your hands, you'll not be convinced. Go ahead and do what you want.

i don't recall wanting or asking him to lock down his church.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Image123(m): 12:10am On Jun 22, 2020
Candoit:

The wisdom of men is foolishness unto God. Be a true child of God and see your faith work for you. That same Jesus you quoted said, "if only you have faith as little as a muster seed, you shall say to this mountian, be moved and it shall move".

Don't be little your God and exalt any disease or infection . What you fear, you cannot conquer.

You're giving motivational speech, well done oh. i directed you to learn from Jesus. Is the wisdom of Jesus not God's wisdom again. All these pastor boys them, na wa. You think Jesus didn't have faith when He asked the disciples to flee from impending death and disaster? It's not everything that is gra gra, get wisdom. Na bible talk am.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Nobody: 12:18am On Jun 22, 2020
Enoch07:
she is not just beautiful but also intelligent

Shattap!!!

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Image123(m): 12:18am On Jun 22, 2020
Solutionchima:
you have not believed Jesus enough/you have not encountered the raw power of God

Which one is raw power, hope it doesn't involve being obstructed, attacked and brutalized by the Pastors and some members of the church? That's what we're hearing from Akwa Ibom state Christ embassy church. Let's be guided please.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by FreshestManny(m): 11:11am On Jun 22, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Jehovah’s Witnesses Believe About Gay & What The Bible Says About Homosexuality / Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' / Female Witchdoctor Confesses In T.B Joshua’s Synagogue Church (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.