Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,738 members, 7,831,352 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" (35288 Views)

Oyedepo: I Will Lay Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patients / He knows the consequences of touching you once you become a Citizen / Apostle Suleman On Coronavirus: "Permit Us To Heal & Pray For COVID-19 Patients" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Happycharles(m): 11:35pm On Jun 20, 2020
spiralwedge:

Here is a brainwashed fellow. Smh. Sorry,

Your pastor contradicts what Jesus said (obviously directly opposite) and all you have to say is his revelation is higher?

If so, he is not a Christian.

Can you quote what Jesus said directly for clarity?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jun 20, 2020
It's okay, I will
noble2faith:

Sorry for late reply. Kinda busy. I sent you a mail. pls, kindly reply me.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Happycharles(m): 11:36pm On Jun 20, 2020
zangaozanga:
some idiots will believe this man

An idiot like me does!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Happycharles(m): 11:38pm On Jun 20, 2020
Chiffy:

Please tell your pastor to lead by example. We will be awaitig his tedtimony after 14 days.

Even if he dies of covid that doesn't make the word of God of none effect!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Happycharles(m): 11:39pm On Jun 20, 2020
ppogba:

So, it is the same revelation that you as his follower will use in casting out the devil without praying and fasting abi?

The need to study the bible in-depth without the bias of whatever any pastor says no matter his "anointing " cannot be over-emphasized.

I am happy with the fact that you are not denying what I quoted especially with the reference.

Haba nah!

You quoted the man out or context. Truth only exists in a context.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Happycharles(m): 11:40pm On Jun 20, 2020
ppogba:

So, it is the same revelation that you as his follower will use in casting out the devil without praying and fasting abi?

The need to study the bible in-depth without the bias of whatever any pastor says no matter his "anointing " cannot be over-emphasized.

I am happy with the fact that you are not denying what I quoted especially with the reference.

Haba nah!

You quoted the man out of context. Truth only exists in a context.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Jman24(m): 11:41pm On Jun 20, 2020
But when a certain 'Fugitive' from South east said most Nigeria pastors are scammers , same people here were raining insults on him.

Blacks are their own problem!
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by biggy26: 11:42pm On Jun 20, 2020
Anuoluwa1234:
See dear, let me tell you this in case you don't know.
Don't let any spiritual leader fool you, biko Nigerians are damn too gullible for my liking. undecided undecided undecided.
I am a Christian, and believe me, am a very spiritual fellow, but I can't cajole you with spirituality undecided undecided undecided. There is spirituality and there is reality.
Spirituality is that, God is powerful etc. But the reality is that God is not a Magician. There is a great difference btw God and magicians.
Don't dare God at all, we are talking about Virus here biko..( an intracellular obligate parasite).
Do you know what that means, of all microns, Virus is still the maddest, they HV no definite shape, they react anyhow..
I weak for this religious ppl hooo undecided undecided undecided
You obviously don't know who a Christian is. You should have kept quiet.
Go and read about John G. Lake and EW Kenyon.
Mark 16:15-17.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Happycharles(m): 11:42pm On Jun 20, 2020
wman:
"Do not tempt God."

That's what Jesus said when Satan asked him to throw himself down because the angels will save him.

We shouldn't put ourselves in harm's way because we are covered by the blood of Jesus.

Maybe we should stand in front of a fast moving train or vehicle because we are Christians.

Truth only exist in a context. You are quoting the man out of context. The example u gave does not in any way relate to the context of what pastor Chris said.

2 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by noble2faith(m): 11:43pm On Jun 20, 2020
Anuoluwa1234:
It's okay, I will

I will be expecting it. Have a blissful night!
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Happycharles(m): 11:43pm On Jun 20, 2020
biggy26:

You obviously don't know who a Christian is. You should have kept quiet.
Go and read about John G. Lake and EW Kenyon.
Mark 16:15-17.

Great examples of men of faith.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jun 20, 2020
knowhowk:
. Touching a Covid 19 patient does not get one infected .You get infected once u put same hand in your mouth ,Eyes or nose if you fail to wash it with Soap .Don't be ignorant.If you eat with same hands without washing with soap as well , ordinary water used in washing hands is not enough .The Virus does not penetrate through your palm into the body .

Lol grin

It is not good to know too much. SARS-COV-2 is transmitted via respiratory droplets. Whether you touch or you don't touch a patient, whether you touch your facials or not, if you are within the vicinity, you're at risk. The respiratory droplets could easily land on any part of your face and you wouldn't know.

That's why our doctors and nurses have embarked on strike. They need the PPEs.

If Oyakhilome enters that environment without a PPE, he is at risk, whether he touches his face or not.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Happycharles(m): 11:46pm On Jun 20, 2020
Anuoluwa1234:
So, because am spritual now, I shud go and be romancing the virus..and may I ask, how many isolation centers HV u been to yourself, as a senior spiritual fellow undecided undecided undecided.
Read what u typed, does it make any sense to you.. then if it does, there is fire on the mountain undecided undecided undecided

Truth only exist in a context. The example you gave was totally off what he is saying.

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Happycharles(m): 11:49pm On Jun 20, 2020
ogascomax:

You are not of us, you are never part of us. Who ask you to defend him, you don't defend a Pastor you defend the gospel. I am not sure that you are a Christian because your Christianity is under attack. If you don't repent you may not like your end. I am not cursing you but telling you that your Christianity has a fundamental problem. Your Christianity is a disaster and a disgrace to we Christians. Many of you are pagans not Christians because you are speak as one. You don't even speak with scripture but just to talk without God guiding you... Just imagine Jesus afraid of virus. Many of you are here explaining the danger of virus... You are very terrible.

Valid point

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by SeanBeezy(m): 11:51pm On Jun 20, 2020
Anuoluwa1234:
See dear, let me tell you this in case you don't know.
Don't let any spiritual leader fool you, biko Nigerians are damn too gullible for my liking. undecided undecided undecided.
I am a Christian, and believe me, am a very spiritual fellow, but I can't cajole you with spirituality undecided undecided undecided. There is spirituality and there is reality.
Spirituality is that, God is powerful etc. But the reality is that God is not a Magician. There is a great difference btw God and magicians.
Don't dare God at all, we are talking about Virus here biko..( an intracellular obligate parasite).
Do you know what that means, of all microns, Virus is still the maddest, they HV no definite shape, they react anyhow..
I weak for this religious ppl hooo undecided undecided undecided
In the bible days, leprosy was considered one of the worst diseases, it was even contagious, but Christ LAID HANDS on those lepers and they were healed. His apostles too did similar miracles in Jesus' name. What am I trying to say?
Anyone who really is a child of God and has the understanding of the word of God in him/her attains a different level of grace. It's just simple
Talking about spirituality and reality, if reality was to be considered, Christ's disciples wouldn't even have performed miracles because in your context, it's impossible

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by CrestMan: 11:51pm On Jun 20, 2020
ppogba:

1) Can you tell me the reason nothing happened to Abraham when he climbed the top of the mountain to watch the destruction of Sodom and NOTHING happened to him whereas Lot and his family were not permitted to look back? Genesis 19

2) Are you aware that God's dealing with Moses was primarily with a ROD? If yes, can you kindly tell me the reason God never mentioned the use of ROD with Joshua throughout his reign? Joshua 1:1-8

3) Can you tell me the reason God never introduced Himself as Jehovah to Abraham (His friend), Issac and Jacob, but did that with Moses? Exodus 6:3

Maybe with these questions, you will understand my earlier submission. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Jsaviour(f): 11:52pm On Jun 20, 2020
It will end in tears as usual.

Religion will crash your IQ....
Religion is a direct assault on your intelligence...
Religion is a declaration of war on your logic...

This bishop died because religion blocked his logic, raped his intelligence and crashed his IQ.

Don't drop your sense and test the Lord your God as if he is a magician

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by SeanBeezy(m): 11:52pm On Jun 20, 2020
So many people are yet to understand the power that is in the name of Jesus!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by COdeGenesis: 11:53pm On Jun 20, 2020
Enoch07:
the lady above me is beautiful.

Is this a joke?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Happycharles(m): 11:55pm On Jun 20, 2020
calabardick:
when you admit them in your healing school, lay hands on them, then will we belief you.

We dont believe him, we omly believe the word of God.

3 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by MrNipplesLover(m): 11:55pm On Jun 20, 2020
Lead by example.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Happycharles(m): 11:55pm On Jun 20, 2020
SeanBeezy:
So many people are yet to understand the power that is in the name of Jesus!

Thank you Jesus

3 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by FleppyDon(m): 11:57pm On Jun 20, 2020
Why this man no fit just enter one isolation center, go touch and heal.
Lobatan
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by mechanics(m): 12:01am On Jun 21, 2020
This period calls for sober reflection and not to start accusing leaders for obeying constituted authority, he should ask himself the holy communion they have been taking, some churches are even abusing it that's why is not effective in their lives, God won't punish any leader for obeying constituted authority, even the Bible tells us we should obey leaders in authority.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Nobody: 12:10am On Jun 21, 2020
In as much as this sounds weird to the majority, I'm sorry to announce he is actually right.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Chiffy: 12:11am On Jun 21, 2020
kollinskollins:
o ye of little faith. Ye seek signs, but non shall be giving unto.... tongue

You that have big faith, f your so-called pastor asks you to accompany him to an Isolation centre to heal the patients, will you exercise your faith and go with him?

I don't need your answer, just answer yourself truthfully
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Jman24(m): 12:13am On Jun 21, 2020
Pastor Chris is not totally right. Restricting people from coming to church is not persecution.
Persecution is restricting the evangelistic ministry which can happen anywhere including that 'face me I face you' neighborhood. Church worship most at times is just for edification. Pastors can encourage members to form cell meetings in the house of a member strategic in their estates/location.(it is nothing new, very common with the early church).

Above all what God the Father sees as pure and genuine religion is to take care of the oppressed and widow and living a righteous life(doing the right thing) James 1:27
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:13am On Jun 21, 2020
kollinskollins:
A real man of faith can touch anything and it will not hurt him

Wisdom is the principal thing.

When Satan told Jesus to jump from the Pinnacle of the Temple, why didn't Jesus do it? If Jesus is our Model, then it must always be our watchword never to abuse privileges.

If you enter into a lion's den (without a need to) simply because Jesus Christ once told his disciples that He had given them power over snakes and serpents, then you are on a suicide mission because if the lions devour you, then that is tantamount to you committing suicide.

Practise social and physical distancing. Touching a Covid-19 patient just to demonstrate your faith is nothing but foolishness, and an act of tempting God.

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Image123(m): 12:15am On Jun 21, 2020
Pastor Chris again? Jo, don't you people pray for your pastor or what?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Chiffy: 12:16am On Jun 21, 2020
Happycharles:

Even if he dies of covid that doesn't make the word of God of none effect!

Ok. Please go ahead and exercise the Word of God. Go to an isolation, pray for the sick and exercise your faith. I will be waiting for your testimony after 14 days
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Image123(m): 12:19am On Jun 21, 2020
SeanBeezy:
In the bible days, leprosy was considered one of the worst diseases, it was even contagious, but Christ LAID HANDS on those lepers and they were healed. His apostles too did similar miracles in Jesus' name. What am I trying to say?
Anyone who really is a child of God and has the understanding of the word of God in him/her attains a different level of grace. It's just simple
Talking about spirituality and reality, if reality was to be considered, Christ's disciples wouldn't even have performed miracles because in your context, it's impossible

Don't be ridiculous please. There's a reason Christians go to the hospital to give birth, do blood tests and other tests before marriage etc. Faith is not a substitute for commonsense. God gives the two. Wisdom is profitable to direct.

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Image123(m): 12:29am On Jun 21, 2020
Happycharles:

Great examples of men of faith.

The gift of faith is one of the gifts of the Spirit. Just like Rhema, it does not work every time or for every person. It is specific and time bound.
You don't go and walk on the river claiming Jesus told Peter to, you will drown and cause scoffers to make a mockery of the faith. Jesus said it to Peter and for just that period. Peter didn't eternally continue walking on water.

You don't go and pour water into wine jars or oil into pots because "It is scriptural". Those are specifics, Rhema.

While it is possible for God to use someone to demonstrate His glory by touching and healing the sick. It is not a calling of every Christian every time. There is time for everything including this.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Catholic Church In Yola Built A Mosque For Muslims - Bishop Mamza / Jehovah’s Witnesses Believe About Gay & What The Bible Says About Homosexuality / Primate Ayodele Releases 2024 Prophecies On Akpabio, Ekpa, Igboho, Wike, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.