Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,695 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Ribadu Takes A First Jab At Jonathan----"resign Now, He Says"! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Takes A First Jab At Jonathan----"resign Now, He Says"! (7526 Views)

Resign Now, PDP NYF To Metuh / Kogi Poll: Resign Now, PDP Tells AGF, INEC Chair / Wamakko To Jonathan: Resign And Apologise To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ribadu Takes A First Jab At Jonathan----"resign Now, He Says"! by violent(m): 6:38pm On Jan 27, 2011
Presidential candidate of the Action Congress of Nigeria, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu has asked President Goodluck Jonathan to resign.

The call for his resignation came following findings of the Presidential Advisory Committee headed by retired General Theophilus Danjuma that the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan is engrossed in massive corruption and high level debt profile.

Ribadu made the call today (Thursday) through a statement signed by the Director Media and Communication of his campaign team, Ibrahim Modibbo.

The presidential hopeful suggested that since Jonathan was asking the Minister of state for Health to resign on corruption charges, “the President, who seems to be helpless in the face of this national problem, should also resign on the grounds of the findings of the PAC.”

It would be recalled that the PAC, which was set up by President Jonathan on the 20th of January 2011 presented a report to the President which raised alarm over widespread and substantial increase in the level of corruption in all sectors of government

The report claimed that as a result of the high level of corruption, Nigeria had remained internationally uncompetitive and that it had hampered the implementation of several policies like the vision 20-2020.The committee also raised concerns over the depletion of the Excess Crude Account at a time of rising oil production and prices and the excessive expenditure on the legislature.

Ribadu decried the level of corruption in the country and the president’s inaction towards the menace.

“We are baffled that despite the common knowledge that corruption is the bane of the country’s growth and development, President Jonathan has allowed this menace to thrive during his administration.

“It is even more compelling that it is the President’s own advisers who are not only admitting this, but apparently chastising the government for its inactions by calling for the President and his administration to be more proactive in the fight against corruption.” , he said.

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/resign-now-ribadu-tells-jonathan
Re: Ribadu Takes A First Jab At Jonathan----"resign Now, He Says"! by Gbawe: 6:46pm On Jan 27, 2011
Ribadu is right . Read what the Danjuma panel wrote below and tell me it is not a respectful request asking a clueless man to step aside. Does this , to anyone, sound like anything other than a vote of no confidence? Safe to conclude that most members of the PAC will not be voting for GEJ in April.

“no economic indicator better exemplifies our poor management of resources than the depletion of the Excess Crude Account at a time of rising oil production and prices.”

http://dailytrust.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=10931:danjuma-panel-to-jonathan-cut-recurrent-budget-to-40&catid=2:lead-stories&Itemid=8

Danjuma panel to Jonathan: Cut recurrent budget to 40% .
Thursday, 27 January 2011 00:00 Nasiru L. Abubakar .35

Ten key recommendations intended to turn around the course of the Nigerian state were made to President Goodluck Jonathan by the Gen T.Y. Danjuma Presidential Advisory Committee last week, beginning with one that recurrent expenditure should not exceed 40% of the national budget and this should determine the size of the government. Other recommendations contained in a summary report submitted to Jonathan by the council dated January 20, 2011 and signed by Danjuma, include the need to reduce Federal ministries to 18 at most and to rationalise all non-ministerial agencies to eliminate overlap, duplication and redundancies.

Similarly, the Danjuma panel recommended pursuing programs to enhance capacity of the public service; reduce the salaries, allowances and overhead expenditure of political office holders; and pay to legislators only salaries and allowances as determined by the Revenue Mobilisation, Allocation and Fiscal Commission [RMAFC].

It also recommended a pruning of the budget deficit to no more than 3% of GDP; limiting borrowing by federal and state governments to only productive projects; stopping the legislature from hiking budget proposals; ensuring that expenditure and project costs are internationally competitive; scrupulous auditing of public accounts, as well as strict adherence to a policy of zero tolerance for corruption.

[b]The Danjuma panel expressed “grave concern over the sub-optimal management of our national resources” in four key indices. It condemned the deterioration in the ratio of recurrent to capital expenditure over the years in favour of the former, from 39:61 percent in 2000AD to 60:40% in 2010 and a projected further deterioration to 71:29% this year.

It said the country is dedicating the bulk of its resources to finance government administration “rather than making investments in key infrastructure, to fuel growth and enhance quality of lives.”

It frowned at a situation where there are 30 federal ministries and a plethora of extra-ministerial departments, 42 ministers and “an army of special advisers and assistants.” It also said the National Assembly consumed N144bn in 2010, or N307m per legislator.

The Danjuma council also frowned at “the abuse of legislative oversight functions” with the allocation of big sums of money to finance committee members’ visits to projects sites. It said despite the cost, this has not added anything to the quality of spending and project execution.

It also said “unrealistsic budget assumptions have pushed up the government to resort to excessive borrowing to finance the budget.” It warned on the dangers of the growing public debt burden on the country’s future and said delay in passing the Petroleum Industry Reform Bill [PIB] has led to a suspension of new investment in the oil sector.

According to the panel, “no economic indicator better exemplifies our poor management of resources than the depletion of the Excess Crude Account at a time of rising oil production and prices.”[/b]

It said the account was eroded from $20bn in 2007 to $1bn last year, and even that $1bn was shared out between the three tiers of government on December 31, 2010.
Re: Ribadu Takes A First Jab At Jonathan----"resign Now, He Says"! by wesley80(m): 7:09pm On Jan 27, 2011
I hope someone reminds Ribadu of the dangers of punching above his weight.
@Gbawe,
Scathing criticisms I've got to admit, but at the same time I believe Gej should get the credit for having such critical advisers among his fold and for also acknowledging the problem. A good leader has got to have friends he respect and friends that tell him the truth no matter how bitter. An intolerant Buhari or a very proud Ribadu would equate such criticisms as treachery and we all know their favorite weapons dont we? So all in all as it so often is these days, its a plus for Gej.
Re: Ribadu Takes A First Jab At Jonathan----"resign Now, He Says"! by Gbawe: 7:32pm On Jan 27, 2011
wesley80:

I hope someone reminds Ribadu of the dangers of punching above his weight.
@Gbawe,
Scathing criticisms I've got to admit, but at the same time I believe Gej should get the credit for having such critical advisers among his fold and for also acknowledging the problem. A good leader has got to have friends he respect and friends that tell him the truth no matter how bitter. An intolerant Buhari or a very proud Ribadu would equate such criticisms as treachery and we all know their favorite weapons dont we? So all in all as it so often is these days, its a plus for Gej.

I would sincerely love to concede what you write here in favour of GEJ but , sadly, your candidate , as he always does , lets you down again. This observation , from Danjuma and the PAC, was made public last week;

It frowned at a situation where there are 30 federal ministries and a plethora of extra-ministerial departments, 42 ministers and “an army of special advisers and assistants.”

This week in direct defiance of the advice given by the PAC , Jonathan goes ahead to make a plethora of totally uneccessary appointments , including Mrs. Bianca Ojukwu as Senior Special Assistant Diaspora Affairs, at a time of deafening noise from every corner as per the urgent need to reduce and streamline Government offices, recurrent expenditure and official largesse. What more does one need to see to note that this is a President who does not listen and is insensitively happy to act out of self interest? Let us not forget that Jonathan is acting precisely like Yar Adua with how our former President created the Justice Uwais electoral reform panel only to then ignore the most useful suggestions and findings submitted by the same panel !!!
Re: Ribadu Takes A First Jab At Jonathan----"resign Now, He Says"! by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jan 27, 2011
lol @ title of post, the 'jab' part paints a funny mental picture, because of the presidential wrestling posters.

When calls for Obama to resign over the mexican gulf oil spill started creeping up, he took the pains to personally go down to the scene to micro-manage the situation making sure citizens were fully compensated, ensuring the oil companies tidied up the mess and paid for government spending on the clean up aswell among other things.

I wonder what GEJ would do in the same spot? So far I don't think he has handled the Jos crisis well at all, considering the great loss of lives and property, but let's see how he takes this criticism, if he responds to it at all.
Re: Ribadu Takes A First Jab At Jonathan----"resign Now, He Says"! by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jan 27, 2011
Gbawe and Wesley80

while you guys are on the topic could any of you explain the difference in duties between a 'Minister' and a 'Minister of State'. I've searched all over the internet but could not get any answers, only more questions. Thanks
Re: Ribadu Takes A First Jab At Jonathan----"resign Now, He Says"! by okosodo: 7:45pm On Jan 27, 2011
moderator, What are you still waiting for, close this thread men
Re: Ribadu Takes A First Jab At Jonathan----"resign Now, He Says"! by Gbawe: 7:45pm On Jan 27, 2011
ikay88:

Gbawe and Wesley80

while you guys are on the topic could any of you explain the difference in duties between a 'Minister' and a 'Minister of State'. I've searched all over the internet but could not get any answers, only more questions. Thanks

Applied to Nigeria, a Minister of state is , essentially, a junior Minister, who is appointed to assist a specific cabinet Minister.  A Minister of State is a glorified PA , if you like , to a Cabinet Minister. An uneccessary office IMO.
Re: Ribadu Takes A First Jab At Jonathan----"resign Now, He Says"! by wesley80(m): 8:07pm On Jan 27, 2011
@Gbawe,
I knew u were going to point to that, but fact is -as it so often is among the anti Gej legion - your hatred for the man has obfuscated your objectivity. U need friends and influential ppl to win elections and it is even more herculean a task for a president from a minority tribe there4 he's got a whole lot of friends 2 make b4 d elections. At this point, a large cabinet is inevitable afterall we've got just 3mnths 2 go so whats d fuss afterall its been that way since eternity. Bianca is one helluva friend 2 make i tell ya.
If Gej is kissing some butts to secure d presidency, thats Ok - its d game afterall Ribadu is busy licking Tinubu's and no one seems to be noticing!
Re: Ribadu Takes A First Jab At Jonathan----"resign Now, He Says"! by Rhino5dm: 8:31pm On Jan 27, 2011
T.Y Danju what! In as much as i dont subscribe to GEJ reckless spending. But i think Ty is more corrupt than GEJ. While TY is at it can he explain his source of wealth? Multi billion Naira properties and 10%(1 billoin dollar )worth equity he rob the Niger Deltans in the name of being allocated an oil block?

@ topic
Ribadu should equally know that we Nigerian demand the sourc of his properties scattered around the globe.
Re: Ribadu Takes A First Jab At Jonathan----"resign Now, He Says"! by violent(m): 8:47pm On Jan 27, 2011
Ribadu should equally know that we Nigerian demand the sourc of his properties scattered around the globe.

which ones?
Re: Ribadu Takes A First Jab At Jonathan----"resign Now, He Says"! by KnowAll(m): 8:48pm On Jan 27, 2011
@poster

even Britain has a minister of state which is a junior minister who would be the eyes of the minister with regards projects. Unfortunately in Nigeria there is no specific job description for the Minister of State hence unecessary duplication and redundancy of personnel.
Re: Ribadu Takes A First Jab At Jonathan----"resign Now, He Says"! by Gbawe: 8:53pm On Jan 27, 2011
wesley80:

@Gbawe,
I knew u were going to point to that, but fact is -as it so often is among the anti Gej legion - your hatred for the man has obfuscated your objectivity. U need friends and influential ppl to win elections and it is even more herculean a task for a president from a minority tribe there4 he's got a whole lot of friends 2 make b4 d elections. At this point, a large cabinet is inevitable afterall we've got just 3mnths 2 go so whats d fuss afterall its been that way since eternity. Bianca is one helluva friend 2 make i tell ya.
If Gej is kissing some butts to secure d presidency, thats Ok - its d game afterall Ribadu is busy licking Tinubu's and no one seems to be noticing!

I dont hate Jonathan personally . I have made this clear on many occasions. I just happen to see him as no different to Yar Adua i.e an accidental leader and a deliberate plant of the "business as usual" establishment that can only thrive from Nigeria remaining as it is.
Re: Ribadu Takes A First Jab At Jonathan----"resign Now, He Says"! by doublekay: 9:04pm On Jan 27, 2011
Gbawe:

I dont hate Jonathan personally . I have made this clear on many occasions. I just happen to see him as no different to Yar Adua i.e an accidental leader and a deliberate plant of the "business as usual" establishment that can only thrive from Nigeria remaining as it is.
dont forget that all politicians are delibrate plant of the bussiness or can u tell me one that is not
Re: Ribadu Takes A First Jab At Jonathan----"resign Now, He Says"! by Gbawe: 9:08pm On Jan 27, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

T.Y Danju what! In as much as i dont subscribe to GEJ reckless spending. But i think Ty is more corrupt than GEJ. While TY is at it can he explain his source of wealth? Multi billion Naira properties and 10%(1 billoin dollar )worth equity he rob the Niger Deltans in the name of being allocated an oil block?

@ topic

I actually know one of Ribadu's "properties scattered around the globe" . It is in London at 10 Downing Street, SW1A 2AA. In fact if you stand outside the property in the Morning you will see Ribadu pull out in his customised Mercedes Maybach or any other one of his fleet of luxury vehicles.
Re: Ribadu Takes A First Jab At Jonathan----"resign Now, He Says"! by SapeleGuy: 9:10pm On Jan 27, 2011
GEJ can't sign up to the type of cuts Danjuma is recommending at least not yet. To do so would be a suicide mission. No government will make those type of budget cuts before an election. Never!
Re: Ribadu Takes A First Jab At Jonathan----"resign Now, He Says"! by Rhino5dm: 9:12pm On Jan 27, 2011
Those ones in Dubai and Lodon among others. But seriously dude were you looking for answer or you are just being sacarstic? undecided

violent:

which ones?

That guy stinks with corruption he claims to be fighting.

I still want to know why majority of EFCC staffs are from Adamawa State and want to equally know why he was issueing out PTDF scholarship to those that are not qualify through the then PTDF boss.

Look i know this man front and back and i equally know what am saying. . . If you push me, i will mention varifiable names of people with no records in PTDF whom he gave out scholarship without even meeting the minimum requirement for such.

. . .And another verifiable names people he instructed to be giving appointment in PTDF. NNPC. EFCC. Trust me, i know this guy he stinks!
Re: Ribadu Takes A First Jab At Jonathan----"resign Now, He Says"! by violent(m): 9:16pm On Jan 27, 2011
Those ones in Dubai and Lodon among others. But seriously dude were you looking for answer or you are just being sacarstic?

Sincerely looking for answers!

Pray tell, how sure are you of these properties located in Dubai and london and those others?  Did you find them out yourself? found out reading reports?. . .or do you maintain close ties with Ribadu?. . . or is this just a plain bland guess?

Just asking to be sure to get updated
Re: Ribadu Takes A First Jab At Jonathan----"resign Now, He Says"! by Gbawe: 9:26pm On Jan 27, 2011
SapeleGuy:

GEJ can't sign up to the type of cuts Danjuma is recommending at least not yet. To do so would be a suicide mission. No government will make those type of budget cuts before an election. Never!

If we will , even for arguement sake , entertain your notion that GEJ cannot make certain cuts there is no reasonable explanation , other than innate incompetence , to mitigate for how GEJ is spending profligately while increasing an already overbloated Federal Government with uneccessary appointments when those things are what analysts , home and abroad , consider inimical to Nigeria's economic progress and wellbeing .
Re: Ribadu Takes A First Jab At Jonathan----"resign Now, He Says"! by vigasimple(m): 9:27pm On Jan 27, 2011
I am NOT  a tribalist but corruption in Nigeria and Nigerian politics and Armed foces is ver serious. RIBADU tried courtsey of OBJ appointment, permission and free hand.  when he was fighting coruption, corruption fought back and send him to exile.

However, the most corrupt people in terms of the nations resources are few core Northerners, and that is the reason i will rather have a cool headed guy from SS to lead this country.

Until GEJ officially won an election in his own right, he has to tred carefully, and make sure the armed forces are kept in check as OBJ did for him to seriously fight corruption.

Unfortunately, the followers are as bad in this country , possibly even more than the LEADERS. 'If the foundation is faulty, what would the righteous do' according to the scriptures.

Look at people like TY danjuma and all of the former generals with masive oil blocks.  

Nigeria is a National cake to our Northern brothers, and they made it  TURN BY TURN NIGERIA LIMITED grin grin grin  RIBADU AND THE NORTH SHOULD WAIT UNTIL 2024 when GEJ and SE have taken their turn.
Re: Ribadu Takes A First Jab At Jonathan----"resign Now, He Says"! by SapeleGuy: 9:32pm On Jan 27, 2011
Gbawe:

If we will , even for arguement sake , entertain your notion that GEJ cannot make certain cuts there is no reasonable explanation , other than innate incompetence , to mitigate for how GEJ is spending profligately while increasing an already overbloated Federal Government with uneccessary appointments when those things are what analysts , home and abroad , consider inimical to Nigeria's economic progress and wellbeing .

Theories and analysts are all good and well but good politicians are pragmatists, there is only one game in town and that is the election. Everything else including the economy will have to wait (I'm  not say this is right but that is just the way it is.)
Re: Ribadu Takes A First Jab At Jonathan----"resign Now, He Says"! by Rhino5dm: 9:41pm On Jan 27, 2011
yes i do. Infact i was with him when he stage managed his attempted assasination in jos.

violent:

Sincerely looking for answers!

Pray tell, how sure are you of these properties located in Dubai and london and those others?  Did you find them out yourself? found out reading reports?. . .or do you maintain close ties with Ribadu?. . . or is this just a plain bland guess?

I will give a small tori when am on top of my laptop. . . . . KIV

Just asking to be sure to get updated
Re: Ribadu Takes A First Jab At Jonathan----"resign Now, He Says"! by Jen33(m): 9:57pm On Jan 27, 2011
wesley80 said:

An intolerant Buhari or a very proud Ribadu would equate such criticisms as treachery and we all know their favorite weapons dont we? So all in all as it so often is these days, its a plus for Gej.

Never a truer word spoken!!
Re: Ribadu Takes A First Jab At Jonathan----"resign Now, He Says"! by Rhino5dm: 10:07pm On Jan 27, 2011
Excerpt from a conversion between Ribadu and his friend. . . . . . Date 2006

Friend: yellabai( big man in a repected manner), How is work?

Nuhu Ribadu: As you can see we are on it(said in a swagger manner)

Friend: thats very nice. this one you are in my house today i hope  you did not trace any amount of money to my account(bursted in to laughter)

Nuhu Ribadu: Hell No!(said with pride)

Friends wife: Now came in  and said good evening.

Nuhu Ribadu: Hey! long time. i thought you are supposed be to in kaduna?

Friend's wife: asked my husband he made to resign my banking work to come over to be sitting at home in abuja

. . . . .
Re: Ribadu Takes A First Jab At Jonathan----"resign Now, He Says"! by Rhino5dm: 10:26pm On Jan 27, 2011
. . . . .
Nuhu Ribadu: what! you have to work.

Friend's wife: smiles

Nuhu Ribadu: what did you read?

Friends wife: URP urban and regional planning.

Nuhu Ribadu: take some seconds and ok. coose between FCDA, PTDF, NNPC. . . .

Friend's wife: uhmmmm. PTDF(cos of oversea travelling allowance, oversea training opportunity  and a hide out. i.e escaping people radar)

Nuhu Ribadu: ok. takes out phone and make some calls. tomorrow's morning they will be expecting you.

Friend's wife: thanks

Nuhu Ribadu: haba! for what(in a swaggerish manner)

10 oclock tomorrow's morning friends wife was at PTDF office. . .  .low and behold! somebody was assigned to wait for her and was even lamenting that madam we have been waiting for you. funny enough she had to choose her department and she is still working there right now.

ALL I WANT IS SOMEONE TO DRAW HIS ATTENTION TO THIS POST AND I WILL LAY IT BARE!

WHAT DO WE CALLED THE ABOVE ?? i guess is creating corruption not fighting it. so, stop making HERO out of ZERO.
Re: Ribadu Takes A First Jab At Jonathan----"resign Now, He Says"! by violent(m): 10:31pm On Jan 27, 2011
^^^

Lame!

where in the world does someone provide a full script of a conversation that occurred between two parties when it's clear as the sky that you weren't present at the time the conversation took place, neither do you have in your possession, any form of recorded evidence. 
In fact, this makes me dub thee the number one false information peddler of Nairaland, weren't you the same person who claims Ribadu has estates in Dubai, London and "other places"? and yet, you couldn't provide any credible source to back up such claims?

All this "dem say he say" makes you appear cheap and somewhat desperate, and in the words of Hon Obiagbon,  "this will-o-the-wisp of jagronism maladay is synchronous to the meddle-la-feddle estimates of the deceptive cabal"
Re: Ribadu Takes A First Jab At Jonathan----"resign Now, He Says"! by Rhino5dm: 10:44pm On Jan 27, 2011
violent:

^^^

Lame!

ok. can you ask your mentor to tell us why did he bring

ACP mohammed wakili
ACP muazu
ACP Ibrahim Lamurde, to EFCC ?? you dont even know who you are dealing with yet, i just pity you!

. . .  But if those news were to come from GEJ camp you will hurriedly open another thread and you were busy running mouth on why should GEJ appoints Bianca. abi? keep on keeping on!
Re: Ribadu Takes A First Jab At Jonathan----"resign Now, He Says"! by MaiSuya(m): 10:47pm On Jan 27, 2011
The TY revelation hasn't told us anything new. We all are, and have been all too aware of the profligate, financially imprudent ways of GEJ.

BTW what exactly will the resignation of GEJ achieve less than 5 five months to election? Heck, isn't isn't that what an election [/i]is meant for (i.e allowing the [i]people --whose right it is incidentally--to make the decision)?

OKay I get. It's just the moral rhetoric right?

RIBABU take am easy o!
Re: Ribadu Takes A First Jab At Jonathan----"resign Now, He Says"! by Rhino5dm: 10:51pm On Jan 27, 2011
when he said 22 then serving governors are corrupt in the sanate hearing was he high of weed or what?? where are the files and the corrupt governors??
ssmh!
Re: Ribadu Takes A First Jab At Jonathan----"resign Now, He Says"! by Nsiman(m): 10:55pm On Jan 27, 2011
Ribadu is trying to take the cart b4 the horse. Has gej said he wldn't heed to the recommendations by PAC? Just let him kow that gej wldn't resign as proposed by ribadu. Ribadu wants to take atiku's way of campaign of calumny and he will be atikued as atiku as well.
Re: Ribadu Takes A First Jab At Jonathan----"resign Now, He Says"! by Robinhood2: 11:56pm On Jan 27, 2011
Is there hope for Nigeria? I am absolutely shocked with some of the comments on this forum. It is very disturbing to know that after 12 years of PDP corruption, some people are still bent on keeping the same party in office. In my own opinion, I have nothing against GEJ as a person but the fact that he is from a corrupt party already puts a question mark on his candidacy, I don't think he will do things differently from his predecessors.

Ribadu actually open the eye of Nigeria to the scope of corruption at high places. Irrespective of the man's ethnicity I believe that he has a better deal for Nigeria than the business as usually GEJ.

At the end of the day all we want is an accountable government that is committed to its people. How I wish Fashola could rule Nigeria!!!
Re: Ribadu Takes A First Jab At Jonathan----"resign Now, He Says"! by oyebambam: 12:00am On Jan 28, 2011
Nuhu ribadu cant not win in Nigeria. he cant win his state. Buhari would beat Nuhu ribadu in Adamawa state. ask anybody. both of them are fulani.

95% of Nigeria businessmen would never vote for Nuhu Ribadu. And 99% of nigeria politician would not support Nuhu Ribadu. he cant win.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

13 Aigs Retired ,aggrieved Officers Head For Court / Onnoghen: Buhari Leading Nigeria Into Chaos —olawepo-hashim / Governor Ganduje Presents N197bn Budget For 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.