Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,329 members, 7,826,304 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon (12848 Views)

"Blood In The Ring" A Crime Thriller By John Mfon. / DESIRE 2(house On Fire) By John Mfon / "Desire" By John Mfon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by Noblejohn32(m): 9:32pm On Jul 07, 2020
The fate of Henry is in the hands of the gods By tomorrow, the gods will make known his fate. so, let's wait and see. I thank you all for your calls, support, messages and comments here. Heaven bless you all
Jadeliyi, your gift is on the way. Who knows the whereabout of oly23 ?
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by Noblejohn32(m): 4:07pm On Jul 08, 2020
NEMESIS 5

A huge man with a battered face sat across a table, he fondled the handle of a sledge hammer. His fingers were like cold steel, his eyes held no emotions. His lips were full and black. His name, Eagle.
A brutal undercover agent who specialized in getting information from hardened criminal.
On the table were torture devices.
On the other side of the table was Henry looking hopeless and helpless. The print result was positive, his finger print matched.
"I'm Eagle!" He flashed his stone black dentition.
Henry just stared on.
"You've been brought here for questioning!"
Henry released a pent-up breath.
"I'll be good, if you want me good".
He placed the hammer on the desk.
"If you tell a lie, I'll crack your bones with this!".
Henry whimpered.
"I hear you are a gospel musician"
Henry nodded.
Boom
Henry screamed as a heavy punch dismantled his jaw.
"Don't nod, i don't need facial replies, you hear me?"
Henry nodded.
Boom,Boom
Henry spat out blood as another punch graced his nose.
"Yes!" Henry said and coughed out blood.
"I need to ask you a question!"
"Ask me, please don't kill me" Henry pleaded.
"How do you enjoy fucking a girl against her wish?"
"I....."
"You?"
"I was not in my normal sense!"
Boom
Henry screamed loud.
"You didn't answer my question!"
"Please! Mercy, temper justice with mercy!" Henry begged.
"Who made you a criminal?"
"Satan!"
Eagle chuckled.
"Your crew raped two ladies to death eight years ago!" Eagle looked at him for confirmation.
Henry avoided his eyes.
"Where you among?" He raised the hammer.
"I.... don't kn..........ahhhhhhh" Henry screamed as he felt the impact of the hammer on his knee.
"We raped her!" Henry nodded.
"We?"
"Yes"
Eagle smashed the hammer on his knee. Henry screamed.
"I wasn't there when you raped her, how dare you say [i[we[/i]".
"We raped her!" Henry said.
"You mean me and you?"
"No i and my friends".
Eagle gave him an uppercut.
Henry screamed loud as blood flowed freely from his nose, ear and mouth.
"Where are those your friends now?"
"They have kicked the bucket!"
"What kind of bucket?"
"They are dead" Henry whimpered.
"Your doing?"
"No we had an arguement and we fought and gunned each other to death!" Henry said. "But i didn't kill any of them".
A punch graced his mouth and knocked down two teeths.
"What did you guys argue about?"
"I led a robbery operation on a woman who happened to be the mother of twins in my team. I shot her leg but she died and i took her money. And the twins attacked us"
"How much?"
"Five hundred thousand".
Eagle grinned.
"You and your boys wrecked havoc in the land of Ibaka, you raped two ladies and one died, not only raping you injured them. You'll die, i promise you that!"
Henry dropped his head down.
"And i heard you wanted to do restitution, that's why you proposed to marry her".
"I swear i never knew she was the lady i raped!"
"Shattap ya smelly mouth!"
"Sir please, I'm a changed person now. Please, please, please i beg".
"Tell that to the judge!" .
"Take him to the cell". Eagle ordered the two agent who brought Henry in.

Jennifer sat with bloodshot eyes, staring at the television absentmindedly. She felt pains, regret for her past actions.
Somehow, she felt suprised. She was supposed to feel fulfilment, she had the perpetrator behind her nightmares in bars. Instead, she felt anger. Anger for herself for turning Henry in. She knew her father will stop at nothing to make sure Henry rots in jail.
She couldn't bear the thought of him suffering. He deserved a better life!
The past was past but she brought it back.
Tears streamed down, she wept.
"What was i thinking?" She cried.
"Henry,Henry" She kept on muttering.
She now believed in the ancient 'saying' that 'Sometimes, the best intention could lead to the greatest harm'.
She had wanted vengeance for the rapist, her family had wanted vengeance and prayed for it.
Aunty Mercy died because of this.
She was traumatized because this.
Lucy died because of this.
Henry was the architect that drafted her misfortune.
Henry stuffed a stick inside her.
Henry broke her hymen.
Henry ordered Lucy's death.
Henry! Henry!! Henry!!!
His team mates were so brutal on her.
Henry!
She slowly left the sofa and sat on the rug.
"There would been another way, i just flubed big time!"
"Maybe i would've confronted him about it, hear his own side of the story, maybe forgive him and continue with life or continue the relationship. That would've been our secret afterall, couples keep secret!" She breathed hard and held her head and screamed.
"Nooooooooooooooooooo"
Her head was almost splitting open.
"He deserves it! Henry deserves it!!" She screamed and broke down in tears.
She heard the croaking sound made by the gate and a car zoomed in.
She sniffed in, wiped her tears and moved out.

"Kel, tell the cook to prepare something light or maybe she shouldn't bo....." Chief Edwin words stucked in his throat as he sighted his daughter looking dishevelled.
"Come here my queen" He spread his hands.
Jennifer moved into her father's waiting arms.
"What is his fate?" Jennifer sobbed.
"He will go to jail or worst still a death sentence!" Kelvin replied.
"Dad can you?"
"Can i?"
"Can you withdraw the charges?" Jennifer asked.
"Love has confused my daughter!" Edwin smiled.
"But Dad, he doesn't look like a crimin....."
"Enough!" Edwin screamed like a bull caught by the horns."a deadly criminal might look like your average saint. If i had my way i would've burnt him alive. he shoved a stick into your privy, He murdered my daughter, he raped you, he and his men, he almost killed your brother and his friends today. The best i can do to him is to hand him over to the law" Chief Edwin grimaced at her and left.
"Henry has to pay for his sins, don't worry you'll find a better man." Kelvin whispered to her.
"Who is this better man?" She asked.
"You'll see!" Kelvin gave her a pat and left.
"What if I've found a better man in Henry?" She screamed after her brother.
Kelvin turned to her.
"Then why did you blow his cover? You would've settled the matter in a low key" Kelvin said. "As much as i hate to admit, i love that guy as a brother eventhough he injured me. if i had a way i might release him from detention not because I'm stupid but i need to be better than him". Kelvin moved towards her. "You turned him in because you felt it was the best thing you could do".
"And now I've to realise that sometimes, the greatest evil happens to us as a result of the best intentions!" Jennifer said amidst sobs.
"Henry will face trial, he'll go to jail and everything will be in the past and will fade into nothing, only speaking of it can make it real!" Kelvin tapped her back and left.
Jennifer gasped in tears, her legs couldn't carry her weight as she held the bonnet of a car for support.
Her Henry was gone!!!

tbc…………

2 Likes

Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by YINKS89(m): 5:12pm On Jul 08, 2020
i find it hard to believe what i just read in this last episode...... im waiting for the next episode cos i want to know the morale of this story.. angry angry angry angry
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by Noblejohn32(m): 5:16pm On Jul 08, 2020
YINKS89:
i find it hard to believe what i just read in this last episode...... im waiting for the next episode cos i want to know the morale of this story.. angry angry angry angry
Love can make one do stupid things.
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by Noblejohn32(m): 5:32pm On Jul 08, 2020
YINKS89:
which part do you find it hard to believe?
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by YINKS89(m): 5:48pm On Jul 08, 2020
Noblejohn32:

Love can make one do stupid things.
what kind of love is that, to crown it all up kelvin was also in support.... its just a story sha, not what would happen in atypical naija settings
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by Noblejohn32(m): 6:09pm On Jul 08, 2020
YINKS89:
what kind of love is that, to crown it all up kelvin was also in support.... its just a story sha, not what would happen in atypical naija settings
Henry won kelvin's trust remember?
In life, the are most people with a heart of gold, they believe on forgiveness no matter the gravity of the crime.
But sadly, those species are rare in today's world.
Though Henry's sin was unforgivable, most people are ready to let go of the past.
Remember the story of the LovePeddler and Jesus.
The Pharisees judged her guilty, but what did the master do?
He asked a killer question.
if there's anyone who hasn't sinned, let him be the first to throw a stone.
Henry's past was brutal, but he tried to be a better person.
Though, Jennifer failed in love with the wrong man.but she loved that wrong man
Love is unpredictable, blind to all atrocities. it is the most powerful magic man has ever witnessed.

Love is strength.
Jennifer turned him in, in her moment of indecision, in her moment of weakness

Love can be stupid, but it is a beautiful thing and it conquers all......

Thanks for your observation.
*Hugs*
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by mhizv(f): 6:11pm On Jul 08, 2020
YINKS89:

Exactly! In reality it won't happen! I've just consoled myself with the fact that it's a story.
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by YINKS89(m): 6:28pm On Jul 08, 2020
Noblejohn32:

Henry won kelvin's trust remember?
In life, the are most people with a heart of gold, they believe on forgiveness no matter the gravity of the crime.
But sadly, those species are rare in today's world.
Though Henry's sin was unforgivable, most people are ready to let go of the past.
Remember the story of the LovePeddler and Jesus.
The Pharisees judged her guilty, but what did the master do?
He asked a killer question.
if there's anyone who hasn't sinned, let him be the first to throw a stone.
Henry's past was brutal, but he tried to be a better person.
Though, Jennifer failed in love with the wrong man.but she loved that wrong man
Love is unpredictable, blind to all atrocities. it is the most powerful magic man has ever witnessed.

Love is strength.
Jennifer turned him in, in her moment of indecision, in her moment of weakness

Love can be stupid, but it is a beautiful thing and it conquers all......

Thanks for your observation.
*Hugs*
bro its your story and you decide what happens to your character am just been practical
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by Noblejohn32(m): 7:11pm On Jul 08, 2020
mhizv:

Exactly! In reality it won't happen!
What makes you think so?
I've just consoled myself with the fact that it's a story. [/quote]
Yea, it is a story. but real shits do happen in life, That's when life complication sets in.
Remember, Love is stupid most times.
Psychologically, there are certain people whom we try hard to hate but we can't . Most times, we can't tell why!
Most times, we fall blindly in love and we come to believe that no matter the fault of the person, he will always come to perfection. that's when endurance comes in.
Jennifer is crazy, Yeah!
It is unrealistic, Yeah!
Henry sin is unforgivable, Yeah!
But some people deserves a second chance.
Psychologically, there are people whom we try hard to hate but we end up loving them
Don't blame Kelvin and Jennifer.
Blame love!
In life, real shit happens.
in other people's eyes it seems like a movie, but it happens.

Thanks for being practical!
*hugs*
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by Noblejohn32(m): 7:16pm On Jul 08, 2020
YINKS89:
bro its your story and you decide what happens to your character am just been practical
Yea!
thanks for being practical but don't underestimate the feeling called love.
Love can be stupid most times, i have been a victim but that's a story for another day.

watch out for Judgement day tomorrow.

*winks*
*Hugs*
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by jadeliyi(m): 8:08pm On Jul 08, 2020
Noblejohn32:

on the way. i need ur numz.
0818400285 Glo
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by Oly23(f): 8:23pm On Jul 08, 2020
Noblejohn32:
The fate of Henry is in the hands of the gods
By tomorrow, the gods will make known his fate. so, let's wait and see.
I thank you all for your calls, support, messages and comments here.
Heaven bless you all

Jadeliyi, your gift is on the way.
Who knows the whereabout of oly23 ?
present oo!! I just haven't had time to read the story!! That why I am Mia, plus what of the other book any hope for completion?
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by MisterChairman(m): 9:11pm On Jul 08, 2020
wow this is very interesting .. kudos to the writer of this great piece
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by Noblejohn32(m): 9:21pm On Jul 08, 2020
Oly23:
present oo!! I just haven't had time to read the story!! That why I am Mia, plus what of the other book any hope for completion?
I'm glad you're here.
I missed you.
As for the other book titled DESIRE„ I'm currently working on it and it will be hitting your screens.
i really wanna complete it before i start posting to ease me.
The complete story will be available in PDF format for fans who will need it.

once again, you're welcome
*muah*

1 Like

Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by Noblejohn32(m): 9:25pm On Jul 08, 2020
MisterChairman:
wow this is very interesting .. kudos to the writer of this great piece
*Bows*
Mr.Chairman sir, i welcome you to my humble thread.
*clears the high table*
Come and sit here.
*to barman*
A bottle of smirnoff ice and a plate of isiewu.

1 Like

Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by Noblejohn32(m): 2:25pm On Jul 09, 2020
Episode 15

Judgement Day

Henry stood dejectedly in the dock, his face gray and dawned with suffering. He looked down all through the court hearing, he couldn't bear the shame of looking at the audience which comprises most of his fans and his colleagues.
Everyone saw him as a monster. A monster who raped two ladies, a monster who killed a lady, a monster who killed his comrades.
"Court is now in session, the Honorable Judge Effiong Udom presiding" The Baliff rapped.
The judge, a man in his late fifties adjusted his spectacles, he had a grim look.
"In the matter of Mr.Edwin vs. Henry, Mr.Henry, how do you plead?" The judge asked.
"Guilty!" Henry said, he had earlier been admonished by his attorney to plead guilty early enough to attract a lighter sentence.

FLASH BACK
"Henry, if you love yourself plead guilty. The evidence are stacked up against you, there's nothing i can do. Don't let the judge find you guilty".

THE PRESENT
"Mr.Henry, do you know by pleading guilty you lose the right to a jury trial?"
"Yes!"
"Mr.Henry, address the judge as 'your honour' " The Clerk corrected.
"Yes, your honour!"
"Do you give up the right?"
"Yes your honour!"
"Do you understand what giving up that right means?"
"Bloody kill me! Pass the damn judgement and let's get on with it" Henry thought, the court tension was sickening and the incessant questions were getting on his nerves.
"Yes, your honour".
"Do you know that you are waiving the right to cross examine your accusers?"
"Yes, your honour!"
"Do you know that you're waiving your privilege against self-incrimination?"
"Yes, your honour"
"Did anyone force you into accepting this settlement?"
"No, your honour!"
"Are you pleading guilty because in fact you brutally raped two ladies, murdered one, wrecked havoc and killed countless people?"
"Yyyy....esss.... Your honour " he replied hesitantly.
"All right. before the court imposes sentence, I'll call upon each of the attorneys for Chief Edwin and Henry. Is there anything else you wish to state to the court this day?"
"Not for Chief Edwin, your Honour!"
"Not for the defense, your Honour!"
The Judge adjusted his spectacles.
"All right. Mr.Henry, if you would please come around here and stand at the lectern with your attorney!"
Henry moved out of the dock to the podium.
"Mr. Henry, you have the right to address the court this afternoon prior to the imposition of sentence. You are not required to say anything, should that be your choice, but the law offers you that right and opportunity. Is there anything you wish to state to the court this day?"
Henry nodded and cleared his throat.
"I am very sorry for my past life, i was born into a harsh world with no hope for survival. But i had to survive. The economy was harsh, no neccessities of life to survive with. I did the worst type of job to see myself through school. I always believed in hardwork. So i made sure every work i partook in was hard.
I managed to complete secondary school then i wrote UTME, the damn exams. I made 320 for two consecutive times but couldn't secure admission to study Pharmacy, i opted for marine biology and in my second year i was expelled for no just cause. I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. My whole world crumbled before. The society gave me evil and i had to give them back in return. I'm not saying this to win anybody's sympathy. It's just the plain truth.
I have no justified reason why i wrecked havoc....." He sniffed."Chief Edwin, I'm deeply sorry for the pains i brought you and your daughter. Kelvin I'm sorry. I was scared that's why i attacked you."
His eyes locked with Jennifer's.
They communicated volumes through their glances.
Henry couldn't hold his tears again.
"That's all, your honour!" Henry nodded.
"All right Mr. Henry, it wasn't your choice to be born into a harsh life. Many of us including myself were products of harsh environment. You are not on trial for being frustrated by JAMB. You have no reason why you took to crime. Mr.Edwin's daughters weren't the cause of your frustration, the citizens of Ibaka never had a hand in it but you choose to be evil with humanity. That's pure wickedness. I'm pretty sure your fans are disappointed. You are supposed to be working out for the betterment of the society. Let me not use an abstract noun, Mr.Henry you're supposed to work out for the betterment of the people but you choose not. Instead you reciprocate the society's abstract evil to the people. You've killed countless and it seems you were satisfied then you automatically turned a Gospel musician!" The judge adjusted his spectacles.
"Members of the jury, we are satisfied with the proceedings. And you must make your decisions based on fact presented not how you feel. So have you reached a verdict?" The judge asked.
There was silence for a while and after much deliberations among the jury, the spokesman stood up.
"Yes your honour, we have!" The spokesman said with an air of authority.
"Members of the jury, on the matter of Chief Edwin vs. Henry, what do you say?"
"Your honour, members of this jury find the defendant guilty!" The Spokesman said.
The Judge cleared his throat and a deafening silence ensured.
"Mr. Henry for first degree rape and murder, you are hereby sentenced to fourty years inprisonment with hard labour!" The Judge said.
"May the court rise" the ballif hit the gavel on the table.

tbc……………

1 Like

Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by MisterChairman(m): 2:52pm On Jul 09, 2020
good for henry .. I don't feel pity for him , he was a wicked soul while in the underworld
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by YINKS89(m): 3:06pm On Jul 09, 2020
Hmmmmm....this is deep you can't bring back the dead so I'll say it's a fair sentence judging from when it had happened
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by Noblejohn32(m): 6:56pm On Jul 09, 2020
MisterChairman:
good for henry .. I don't feel pity for him , he was a wicked soul while in the underworld
Thanks for reading,
Watch out for:
Judgement Day 2
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by Noblejohn32(m): 7:00pm On Jul 09, 2020
MisterChairman:
Chairman Sir, Thanks for your inputs.
watch out for:
Judgement Day 2
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by Khriztarl(f): 7:17pm On Jul 09, 2020
Hmmm, fourty years. Henry kuku die. How old are you? Plus fourty years. weldone op.
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by Noblejohn32(m): 7:25pm On Jul 09, 2020
Khriztarl:
Hmmm, fourty years. Henry kuku die. How old are you? Plus fourty years.
weldone op.
He ko don turn grandpa after thirty years.
Crime doesn't pay!!!!
Thanks for your encouragement!!!
Watch out for:
Judgement Day 2

1 Like

Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by Noblejohn32(m): 6:40am On Jul 10, 2020
NEW EPISODE LOADING

1 Like

Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by Noblejohn32(m): 10:28am On Jul 10, 2020
JUDGEMENT DAY 2

"Please I'm here to see one Henry who had his trial yesterday" Jennifer said as she approached the prison warder who was sitted on the table, writing.
The prison warder dropped his pen down and fixed his gaze on Jennifer.
"You mean the gospel rapist?"
"Yea, i mean Henry!" Jennifer bit her lips.
"Madam you fine ooooo" The prison warder complimented.
"Thanks!" Jennifer replied.
"Ah swear, since i born i never see woman weh fine like you. If no be say you be fine woman i no for permit you to see that convict".
"Who you be to am?" The warder searched her face.
"I'm a friend"
"Henry's friend, what's in that bag you're carrying?" He switched to english.
"A pack of food and juice!" Jennifer replied and sat.
"Open the food and taste it!"
As a law graduate, she was expecting some level of security from the prison officials. She opened the food flask and the sweet aroma of the meal diffused into the atmosphere. She mixed the food properly and took a spoonful. The fat tantalizing chicken laps made the warder salivate.
"The juice is sealed" she pointed the pack of five alive to him.
The warder scrutinized it and nodded.
"Five thousand"
"Huh?"
"To see a trial element is two thousand, to see a convict is ten thousand. I made discount because you're beautiful!" The prison warder stretched his hands.
Jennifer retrieved a wad of naira notes from her purse and gave it to him.
He licked his lips as he counted the money.
"15k" his eyes popped open.
"Can i see him now?" She was growing impatient.
"Can i have your contact?"
Jennifer eyeballed him coldly.
"Can i see him or not?" Jennifer shot out in rage.
"Easy fine woman. Sarge!!!"
"Sarge!!!"
"Yes sir" an officer rushed to him.
"Bring me that tall Henrape!"
"His name is Henry!" Jennifer raised an eyeball

-

The prisoners stood up in alert as the cell door rattled open.
"Oga raper, person wan see you" the prison officer beckoned.
Henry took a deep breath.
Everyone had deserted him.
Who could be the visitor?
He limped weakly to the waiting room.

-

Jennifer gasped in horror as she saw Henry, bloody everywhere with a swollen eye.
Henry froze in his tracks as he sighted Jennifer.
"You're so beautiful and i be damned!" He cursed under his breath.
She was scared of coming closer.
He groaned as he lowered himself on a bench.
"You've come to spite me huh?" He asked.
"Look at you, right from your birth you've always lived a life of chaos and now you've fallen into it's pit!" She chided.
He chuckled.
"Chaos isn't a pit, chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail, and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. Some of them are given a chance by providence to climb, but refuse. They cling to the realm, or the creator or love illusions. Only the ladder is real, the climb is all there is". He shed tears as he spoke. "I've always believed chaos to be the ladder that will lead me to the top and i made that climb. But i failed and i was given a chance to climb again but i clung on the creator, gave him my life, and then i clung to love" He glanced at Jennifer.
"But those things failed, those abstract things failed me. I clung to God and he failed me. He is not real, love is not real" He lamented bitterly.
She held his hands.
"Love is real, the Creator exist".
"Aye! They exist in your world but no more in mine" He shrugged.
"What makes you think the creator do not exist?" She asked.
"The Vicar told me that when one gives his life to Christ, his sins are being wiped away but here am i ?"
"Here you are, you gave your life to Christ so that you could escape the repercussions of your past life?" She asked.
"Aye!, that's what the Vicar said, he told me that I'm a new creature but now my old life has caught up with me" He sighed.
She tightened her grip on his hands.
"Look here, there are some sins that their repercussions can't be avoided!"
"That means, Christ washes away the sins and leaves the repercussions. What's the essence? The sin and the repercussions should be washed away!" He rattled in frustration.
"The law of karma can't be denied, you know the story of David and Uriah the Hittite?"
"Yea! David married Uriah's wife and sent her husband to war!" Henry nodded.
"Exactly. God forgived him, but he had to pay a price!" Tears streamed down her eyes.
"That means this prison is the price for my sins?"
"I fear, yes! What makes you think love do not exist?"
"You know the answer!" Henry shot her a hard glance.
She wiped her tears.
"I'm sorry, i just didn't know what came over me".
"it is alright" Henry pacified. "You've always dreamt of vengeance for those who raped you and your sis. I would've done the same if i were to be in your shoes!"
"Even with that, I'm still here for you!"
"Are you?"
"Yes i am. My family will skin me alive if they find out that I'm here with you" She said.
"I don't want you close to me, I'm a man with blood on my h..."
"Shhhh" She claimed his lips, Henry stiffened at first but later released himself as they engaged in passionate kiss.
"I love you!" She breathed.
"I haven't brushed for days!"
"All the same, i still love you!"
"That means love is real!" He breathed.
He used his thumbs to wipe her tears.
"I believe in your love but i won't be around to reciprocate it"
"I know" She sobbed.
"I don't want you crying for me, i don't worth your tears!"
"Shhhhhh! don't say that again" She placed a finger on his lips.
"You're weird" He chuckled.
"Huh?"
"You still love me, even with the pains..."
"Let's not go back to the past!" She heaved.
"You'll be fine and I'll be damned. After fourty years I'll be dead if not dead, I'll be out of here to the outside with no ambitions, no achievement, no spouse, no children! This fate is worst than dead!" He lamented.
"I'll get you out of here!" She said with vigour.
"How?"
"I don't know!"
He rubbed her palms.
"Don't incur your father's wrath, he swore to make me rot in here!"
"I can't watch you rot in here, you have a future, you have...." she broke down in tears.
"Shhhh! I want you to do only one thing for me" he whispered.
"What is it?"
"Get me an acoustic guitar!" He smiled.
"Will they let you use it?" She asked.
"They must, most of them know me to be a gospel musician".
"Now turned prison musician" Jennifer cut in.
He looked at her and shook his head.
"I brought your favourite!" Jennifer dropped a pack of food on the table. "Rice and beans with chicken stew and five alive juice!"
Henry nodded.
"Pour me the juice, I'll eat later" He grabbed a plastic cup from the pack.
She filled his cup and he took sip.
"You'll be freed one day!" She rubbed his hands.
Henry scoffed.
"Freedom? Impossible!"
"Where is your faith?" She asked.
"Faith? the substance of things hoped for, the evidence not seen.the evidence not seen should ring a bell in your head!" He scoffed and emptied the content of his cup with one straight gulp and poured himself another.
She sighed in anger.
"I'm disappointed in your words!"
"How can i believe in faith? That's what lazy people does. Dream, I'm not a dreamer, I'm a practical man".
She looked so pissed.
"I don't have the luxury for faith, i believe in reality not metaphysical speculations. When one is on captivity, he thinks of survival not freedom. The thought of freedom will make a slave dead before death comes knocking!"
"But you're not a slave"
"Aye! I am. What's the difference between a prisoner and a slave?" He shrugged.
"The thought of freedom gives a prisoner hope!" She argued.
"Aye! false hope!" He nodded. "When freedom comes after fourty years, I'll be free but now i need to think of survival. That will make my days here longer!" He flashed his dentition.
She breathed heavily.
"So how will you survive?"
"I'm still trying to figure it out!" He paused. "You're not drinking!"
She breathed and retrieved a plastic cup and poured an ample amount into the cup.
"let's drink to my survival!" He raised his cup to the air.
"To survival!" He said.
"To survival!" She replied with a light smile.
"You just need to watch the way things are done and blend with it" She said and gulped down the entire content of her juice.
"Aye!" He nodded. "Watching is easy, the blending will be difficult. I don't see how i can blend with criminals, as if i wasn't one!" He shrugged.
Jennifer laughed.
"You will have to try!" She nudged him.
Henry nodded and lifted his cup to the air.
"And now my watch begins!"

THE END

JOHN MFON

Trinity productions
noblejohn32345@gmail.com
©2020.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by MisterChairman(m): 1:28pm On Jul 10, 2020
nice one .. even though i was not expecting it to end like this !
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by jadeliyi(m): 2:41pm On Jul 10, 2020
Noblejohn32:
JUDGEMENT DAY 2

"Please I'm here to see one Henry who had his trial yesterday" Jennifer said as she approached the prison warder who was sitted on the table, writing.
The prison warder dropped his pen down and fixed his gaze on Jennifer.
"You mean the gospel rapist?"
"Yea, i mean Henry!" Jennifer bit her lips.
"Madam you fine ooooo" The prison warder complimented.
"Thanks!" Jennifer replied.
"Ah swear, since i born i never see woman weh fine like you. If no be say you be fine woman i no for permit you to see that convict".
"Who you be to am?" The warder searched her face.
"I'm a friend"
"Henry's friend, what's in that bag you're carrying?" He switched to english.
"A pack of food and juice!" Jennifer replied and sat.
"Open the food and taste it!"
As a law graduate, she was expecting some level of security from the prison officials. She opened the food flask and the sweet aroma of the meal diffused into the atmosphere. She mixed the food properly and took a spoonful. The fat tantalizing chicken laps made the warder salivate.
"The juice is sealed" she pointed the pack of five alive to him.
The warder scrutinized it and nodded.
"Five thousand"
"Huh?"
"To see a trial element is two thousand, to see a convict is ten thousand. I made discount because you're beautiful!" The prison warder stretched his hands.
Jennifer retrieved a wad of naira notes from her purse and gave it to him.
He licked his lips as he counted the money.
"15k" his eyes popped open.
"Can i see him now?" She was growing impatient.
"Can i have your contact?"
Jennifer eyeballed him coldly.
"Can i see him or not?" Jennifer shot out in rage.
"Easy fine woman. Sarge!!!"
"Sarge!!!"
"Yes sir" an officer rushed to him.
"Bring me that tall Henrape!"
"His name is Henry!" Jennifer raised an eyeball

-

The prisoners stood up in alert as the cell door rattled open.
"Oga raper, person wan see you" the prison officer beckoned.
Henry took a deep breath.
Everyone had deserted him.
Who could be the visitor?
He limped weakly to the waiting room.

-

Jennifer gasped in horror as she saw Henry, bloody everywhere with a swollen eye.
Henry froze in his tracks as he sighted Jennifer.
"You're so beautiful and i be damned!" He cursed under his breath.
She was scared of coming closer.
He groaned as he lowered himself on a bench.
"You've come to spite me huh?" He asked.
"Look at you, right from your birth you've always lived a life of chaos and now you've fallen into it's pit!" She chided.
He chuckled.
"Chaos isn't a pit, chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail, and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. Some of them are given a chance by providence to climb, but refuse. They cling to the realm, or the creator or love illusions. Only the ladder is real, the climb is all there is". He shed tears as he spoke. "I've always believed chaos to be the ladder that will lead me to the top and i made that climb. But i failed and i was given a chance to climb again but i clung on the creator, gave him my life, and then i clung to love" He glanced at Jennifer.
"But those things failed, those abstract things failed me. I clung to God and he failed me. He is not real, love is not real" He lamented bitterly.
She held his hands.
"Love is real, the Creator exist".
"Aye! They exist in your world but no more in mine" He shrugged.
"What makes you think the creator do not exist?" She asked.
"The Vicar told me that when one gives his life to Christ, his sins are being wiped away but here am i ?"
"Here you are, you gave your life to Christ so that you could escape the repercussions of your past life?" She asked.
"Aye!, that's what the Vicar said, he told me that I'm a new creature but now my old life has caught up with me" He sighed.
She tightened her grip on his hands.
"Look here, there are some sins that their repercussions can't be avoided!"
"That means, Christ washes away the sins and leaves the repercussions. What's the essence? The sin and the repercussions should be washed away!" He rattled in frustration.
"The law of karma can't be denied, you know the story of David and Uriah the Hittite?"
"Yea! David married Uriah's wife and sent her husband to war!" Henry nodded.
"Exactly. God forgived him, but he had to pay a price!" Tears streamed down her eyes.
"That means this prison is the price for my sins?"
"I fear, yes! What makes you think love do not exist?"
"You know the answer!" Henry shot her a hard glance.
She wiped her tears.
"I'm sorry, i just didn't know what came over me".
"it is alright" Henry pacified. "You've always dreamt of vengeance for those who raped you and your sis. I would've done the same if i were to be in your shoes!"
"Even with that, I'm still here for you!"
"Are you?"
"Yes i am. My family will skin me alive if they find out that I'm here with you" She said.
"I don't want you close to me, I'm a man with blood on my h..."
"Shhhh" She claimed his lips, Henry stiffened at first but later released himself as they engaged in passionate kiss.
"I love you!" She breathed.
"I haven't brushed for days!"
"All the same, i still love you!"
"That means love is real!" He breathed.
He used his thumbs to wipe her tears.
"I believe in your love but i won't be around to reciprocate it"
"I know" She sobbed.
"I don't want you crying for me, i don't worth your tears!"
"Shhhhhh! don't say that again" She placed a finger on his lips.
"You're weird" He chuckled.
"Huh?"
"You still love me, even with the pains..."
"Let's not go back to the past!" She heaved.
"You'll be fine and I'll be damned. After fourty years I'll be dead if not dead, I'll be out of here to the outside with no ambitions, no achievement, no spouse, no children! This fate is worst than dead!" He lamented.
"I'll get you out of here!" She said with vigour.
"How?"
"I don't know!"
He rubbed her palms.
"Don't incur your father's wrath, he swore to make me rot in here!"
"I can't watch you rot in here, you have a future, you have...." she broke down in tears.
"Shhhh! I want you to do only one thing for me" he whispered.
"What is it?"
"Get me an acoustic guitar!" He smiled.
"Will they let you use it?" She asked.
"They must, most of them know me to be a gospel musician".
"Now turned prison musician" Jennifer cut in.
He looked at her and shook his head.
"I brought your favourite!" Jennifer dropped a pack of food on the table. "Rice and beans with chicken stew and five alive juice!"
Henry nodded.
"Pour me the juice, I'll eat later" He grabbed a plastic cup from the pack.
She filled his cup and he took sip.
"You'll be freed one day!" She rubbed his hands.
Henry scoffed.
"Freedom? Impossible!"
"Where is your faith?" She asked.
"Faith? the substance of things hoped for, the evidence not seen.the evidence not seen should ring a bell in your head!" He scoffed and emptied the content of his cup with one straight gulp and poured himself another.
She sighed in anger.
"I'm disappointed in your words!"
"How can i believe in faith? That's what lazy people does. Dream, I'm not a dreamer, I'm a practical man".
She looked so pissed.
"I don't have the luxury for faith, i believe in reality not metaphysical speculations. When one is on captivity, he thinks of survival not freedom. The thought of freedom will make a slave dead before death comes knocking!"
"But you're not a slave"
"Aye! I am. What's the difference between a prisoner and a slave?" He shrugged.
"The thought of freedom gives a prisoner hope!" She argued.
"Aye! false hope!" He nodded. "When freedom comes after fourty years, I'll be free but now i need to think of survival. That will make my days here longer!" He flashed his dentition.
She breathed heavily.
"So how will you survive?"
"I'm still trying to figure it out!" He paused. "You're not drinking!"
She breathed and retrieved a plastic cup and poured an ample amount into the cup.
"let's drink to my survival!" He raised his cup to the air.
"To survival!" He said.
"To survival!" She replied with a light smile.
"You just need to watch the way things are done and blend with it" She said and gulped down the entire content of her juice.
"Aye!" He nodded. "Watching is easy, the blending will be difficult. I don't see how i can blend with criminals, as if i wasn't one!" He shrugged.
Jennifer laughed.
"You will have to try!" She nudged him.
Henry nodded and lifted his cup to the air.
"And now my watch begins!"

THE END

JOHN MFON

Trinity productions
noblejohn32345@gmail.com
©2020.
insightful, well detailed with much emotional and good lessons . nice one Mr Noblejohn32 pls my gifts
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by Ann2012(f): 2:57pm On Jul 10, 2020
Well done OP

An interesting piece cool
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by Noblejohn32(m): 4:32pm On Jul 10, 2020
jadeliyi:

insightful, well detailed with much emotional and good lessons . nice one Mr Noblejohn32 pls my gifts
I won't fail on that promise, just had a little problem.
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by Noblejohn32(m): 8:46pm On Jul 10, 2020
MisterChairman:
nice one .. even though i was not expecting it to end like this !
Thanks!

1 Like

Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by Noblejohn32(m): 9:10am On Jul 11, 2020
Ann2012:
Well done OP
An interesting piece cool
Thankyou. *hugs*
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by mhizv(f): 11:18am On Jul 11, 2020
Is there a book 2?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nairaland Authors And Their Books (Updated 15th September, 2023) / Sins Of My Parents / The Current Most Celebrated African Author

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.