Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,084 members, 7,814,750 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Glo Introduces On-net 15k/sec And Off-net 20k/sec - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Introduces On-net 15k/sec And Off-net 20k/sec (13162 Views)

Glo Introduces N500 For 3GB Weekend Data Plan / Glo Introduces New Data Plan For Android Phones / Glo Introduces ‘no Conditions’ Tariff Plan: Offers 25k Per Second (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glo Introduces On-net 15k/sec And Off-net 20k/sec by Pharoh: 5:55pm On Jan 29, 2011
semid4lyfe:

Don't own a GLO line and this won't make me get one now. . . .I'll stick with my MTN, Airtel and Etisalat wink

Meanwhile, make Glo pay the money (N900million) wey dem dey owe NPL and stop fighting MTN for sponsorship of a league they obviously don't have interest in

To say the truth brother . . it is not about interest but incompetence . . they don't know how to manage or sponsor a league. MTN and south africans have been in this business of advertising before us so glo should just step aside and try tp build their competence first before throwing their weight around. They don't have the resources and competence to sponsor the nigerian league, package, brand and make profits out of it.

@Topic

Never never compete on the basis of price because it will erode your profits margins and that of your competitors when there is no brand advantage.
I am not sure glo has a stronger brand than MTN neither do they have the resources to lower thier operating cost more than mtn so they should scrap this price wars for now. They should focus on quality service and differentiation in the market with a focus or technology/market push. They are a very bad follower and it will be best for them to take the princible of first movers.
Re: Glo Introduces On-net 15k/sec And Off-net 20k/sec by JaaizTech: 5:58pm On Jan 29, 2011
deygame:

Copy cats. they can never be original. Let them go and sort out their outstanding with NPL and pay up the over N900m owed Nigeria Football before they parade themselves as a caring brand. Nigerians know better!!!

deygame:

what i'm saying is that Glo should try and be original. All they do is copy and paste what competition brings on board and thats not proper marketing. They still owe the NPL over N900m and they should pay that money so our Football will come out of this state of comatose
Oh my God, what sort of breed of mankind are we; the Americans will always stand by their brand and promote it even if there are better brands; the british would do the same, the french, the chinese; even the south-Africans but We(Nigerians) would rather bad-mouth ours, I don't know what it is, is it jealousy or whatEvery body in the Telecomms industry have been responding to changes in tariff, and Glo shouldn't be different. Copy cat ko Copy cat nii.As regard the NPL money, the court has ruled they can either pay or go to an higher court. That is why we have courts.
Re: Glo Introduces On-net 15k/sec And Off-net 20k/sec by Joe50(m): 6:07pm On Jan 29, 2011
am currently using Glo, they charged me N18 per minute to every network
Re: Glo Introduces On-net 15k/sec And Off-net 20k/sec by JaaizTech: 6:09pm On Jan 29, 2011
Pharoh:

To say the truth brother . . it is not about interest but incompetence . . they don't know how to manage or sponsor a league. MTN and south africans have been in this business of advertising before us so glo should just step aside and try tp build their competence first before throwing their weight around. They don't have the resources and competence to sponsor the nigerian league, package, brand and make profits out of it.

@Topic

Never never compete on the basis of price because it will erode your profits margins and that of your competitors when there is no brand advantage.
I am not sure glo has a stronger brand than MTN neither do they have the resources to lower thier operating cost more than mtn so they should scrap this price wars for now. They should focus on quality service and differentiation in the market with a focus or technology/market push. They are a very bad follower and it will be best for them to take the princible of first movers.

Yeah I agree with you Pharoh; but Glo has really achieved a lot in an industry that previously never existed in Nigeria, an industry they entered into as new players. They are the 2nd largest network in Nigeria and this isn't because they got favours from FG or any undue advantage. It is because they worked hard for it. I Guarantee you that if there is any network MTN is scared of then it is GLO. Glo has its challenges, but for an indigenous company to achieve this feat; I have to doff my hat for Mike Adenuga. Lastly, we all need to start inculcating the culture of supporting our own. If you look around the chinese and Korean companies in this country you would notice they all make sure they buy Chinese buses or kia products even though they are poor qualities;GLO is a good brand that competes fairly with any other brand in the market, so let us give it the home advantage other companies enjoy in their homeland over foreign competitors.
Re: Glo Introduces On-net 15k/sec And Off-net 20k/sec by alwaysemmy(m): 6:40pm On Jan 29, 2011
Migration codes please,
Re: Glo Introduces On-net 15k/sec And Off-net 20k/sec by Vigilante: 7:14pm On Jan 29, 2011
So even an unconfirmed news item goes to the front page? Wake up Mods.
Re: Glo Introduces On-net 15k/sec And Off-net 20k/sec by Rotime1(m): 8:39pm On Jan 29, 2011
is this actually true or just throwing dust into the air?
Re: Glo Introduces On-net 15k/sec And Off-net 20k/sec by MaiSuya(m): 8:41pm On Jan 29, 2011
Na wa O! so nobody don confirm this thing yet?
Re: Glo Introduces On-net 15k/sec And Off-net 20k/sec by Mcleo007(m): 8:43pm On Jan 29, 2011
Who posted this shyt?
Re: Glo Introduces On-net 15k/sec And Off-net 20k/sec by guru01(m): 8:46pm On Jan 29, 2011
NA wa 4 glo, nigerian company wey no fit make us proud.
Only to copy copy na him dey sa bi.
Only there cust care i like,,
Re: Glo Introduces On-net 15k/sec And Off-net 20k/sec by Famex(m): 9:04pm On Jan 29, 2011
You are evil spirit indeed, what will u benefit from lying,although by their fruits u shall know them,members of this forum ignore this post it is misleading,Glo did not reduce their call tarriff,i have visited www.gloworld.com and i did'nt saw the source of that evil lie information posted by seif acclaim evil spirit.holy fire!
Re: Glo Introduces On-net 15k/sec And Off-net 20k/sec by obannii: 9:32pm On Jan 29, 2011
good professional fight for customers
Re: Glo Introduces On-net 15k/sec And Off-net 20k/sec by obailala(m): 9:44pm On Jan 29, 2011
ayusman16:

Glo can never be innovative to save their lives,  They do more copying than a photocopying machine.

guru01:

You guys should explain yourselves or shut up. What exactly do you mean by copy copy?? How else do u expect them to adjust to the prevailing competition except by reducing tariffs? Why must people criticize others even when they don't have a good argument?
Re: Glo Introduces On-net 15k/sec And Off-net 20k/sec by seunlayi(m): 9:48pm On Jan 29, 2011
True or false what will be will be because, due to the recent price competition in our telecom market starting from etisalat to mtn, the news if confirmed, price reduction should not be seen as a suprise to us.  Please, don't us abusive words yet let me inform you that if this is true or something similar to this happens in the nearest future, Etisalat wil be the next to reply glo then followed by mtn, airtel. Pls keep your leg cross and fold your arms while the network are fighting each other with their tariffs.  The advent of Glo into our telecom sector was  targeted on varied reduction and we all felt their impact (without any sentiment) starting from their per second billing plan and lot more. mtn always sees glo as their greatest rival(likewise glo) and this rivalry will always be beneficial to us either glo or mtn etc.
no network is copying each other because this is what is called competition. . . . . . . .
secondly, i belive the sponsorship saga between mtn, glo and nff is before the law court. We should therefore leave the court to decide their fate. But to me personally, i don't see why one of this network that loses the bid should not just buy one of this under-funded teams in the premier league with this money they intend to use in sponsoring the league, rename the team, provide enough fund, buy quality players from within and outside the country including international and ex-internationals players,  good player remuneration, adequate training facilities, etc. I belive this will help in reviving our football league and at the same time, help in the improve the branding of the network i.e mtn fc vs etisalat fc with high profile players. just imagine the publicity and interest this will generate. (this is just my personal opinion)
Re: Glo Introduces On-net 15k/sec And Off-net 20k/sec by newman10(m): 9:55pm On Jan 29, 2011
evilspirit I jump u pass angry angry angry
Re: Glo Introduces On-net 15k/sec And Off-net 20k/sec by Woleleye(m): 10:03pm On Jan 29, 2011
We are in January not April. Why April fool now? Please, always post confirmed story!
Re: Glo Introduces On-net 15k/sec And Off-net 20k/sec by vigold(m): 10:18pm On Jan 29, 2011
please i would like you to explain what you mean by on-net and off-net call
Re: Glo Introduces On-net 15k/sec And Off-net 20k/sec by Ayowumie(m): 10:22pm On Jan 29, 2011
guru01:

I bet you dont know wat u ar saying. When it comes to business and market competition, there is nothing like "copy cats". The underlying aim is to control the overall interest of the market share and ultimately maximise profit - which is the central aim of capitalism. PLS BE INFORMED.

JaaizTech:

Oh my God, what sort of breed of mankind are we; the Americans will always stand by their brand and promote it even if there are better brands; the british would do the same, the french, the chinese; even the south-Africans but We(Nigerians) would rather bad-mouth ours, I don't know what it is, is it jealousy or whatEvery body in the Telecomms industry have been responding to changes in tariff, and Glo shouldn't be different. Copy cat ko Copy cat nii.
Thank you, i can not but agree with you. There is nothing wrong in competition. Infact it is for this purpose that the industry was deregulated. I will stick with glo anytime albeit with all its bogus millionaire promo

vigold:

please i would like you to explain what you mean by on-net and off-net call
On-net means call within the same network e.g. glo to glo, mtn to mtn etc
Off-net means call from one network to another netwrk e.g. glo to mtn or vice versa
Re: Glo Introduces On-net 15k/sec And Off-net 20k/sec by Emmaseremo(m): 12:07am On Jan 30, 2011
@Poster, from ur name it`s crystal clear nothing good will ever come from you, liar just called GLO sales executive in Lagos nothin of such nature is existing presently. EVILSPIRIT plz leave naira land and join ur fellow dead evil spirits
Re: Glo Introduces On-net 15k/sec And Off-net 20k/sec by yommys01(m): 2:08am On Jan 30, 2011
The news may not be true but people who are insulting glo ( maybe for saving us from MTN is cheating ways ) are proper idiots who need some education. How can you all forget how MTN was cheating us before GLO came in?

The tariffs are as low as N20 per minute today cos GLO came in yet you people will see nothing good in them.

SHAME, BIG SHAME.
Re: Glo Introduces On-net 15k/sec And Off-net 20k/sec by mrofficial(m): 2:36am On Jan 30, 2011
^^ ungrateful bas.tards. I almost threw out reading their replies.

Don't worry, ya'll MTN loyal subscribers, MTN is paying NPL with the extra 150 naira u pay monthly on the magic shyt.

I thought MTN BIS promo was going to end December? LMAO! Mobile Thieving Network.

The herbalist wey help MTN do their juju really strong. Sote, dem don hijack some people brain.

Big thanks to Glo for coming to our rescue. Whew!
Re: Glo Introduces On-net 15k/sec And Off-net 20k/sec by ollypass: 7:03am On Jan 30, 2011
Pharoh:

@Topic

@ pharoh: I understand your sentiments but do you think focusing on service differentiation in the telecom industry is not the best competitive strategy to follow? which net work can boast it has a really distinct differential advantage so in this light price is the way to go and glo has been able to achieve that by technological enhancement (glo main one cable) which is geared at increasing service quality and reducing operational cost;this they have translated and continue to translate to consumers by affordable tarrif packages which in turn creates customer satisfaction by providing superior value and this leads to loyalty, word of mouth advertising and repeat partronage increasing thier market share and revenue stream. @ the end customer happy, glo happy.
As for brand advantage they have been positioned in most people's mind as the liberator of the exploitated by introducing per second billing and lots more, also as being the only national carrier they have a distinct advantage to position the brand as truely Nigerian!
Re: Glo Introduces On-net 15k/sec And Off-net 20k/sec by segunjowo(m): 7:32am On Jan 30, 2011
JaaizTech:

Oh my God, what sort of breed of mankind are we; the Americans will always stand by their brand and promote it even if there are better brands; the british would do the same, the french, the chinese; even the south-Africans but We(Nigerians) would rather bad-mouth ours, I don't know what it is, is it jealousy or whatEvery body in the Telecomms industry have been responding to changes in tariff, and Glo shouldn't be different. Copy cat ko Copy cat nii.As regard the NPL money, the court has ruled they can either pay or go to an higher court. That is why we have courts.
Mumu. Glo is your brand right? that's why they haven't been able to beat other networks to it since they've started. I mean, if GLO is serious, their billing plan should be the cheapest,
Re: Glo Introduces On-net 15k/sec And Off-net 20k/sec by born2boink(m): 7:38am On Jan 30, 2011
worst for moderator if this news is fake and they have the gut to put it on front page , i shake head in shame cause nairaland being a symbol of nigeria should not act like nigeria ;d
Re: Glo Introduces On-net 15k/sec And Off-net 20k/sec by folafola(m): 11:06am On Jan 30, 2011
for activation kindly type 'CITY' as an SMS and send to 300
Re: Glo Introduces On-net 15k/sec And Off-net 20k/sec by bidey: 11:09am On Jan 30, 2011
who made this news front page for goodness sake? you made unconfirmed, unreliable, fake news as front page and people are fighting themselves on PURE lie. That's tooooooooooooooo baaaaaaaaaaaaad.
Re: Glo Introduces On-net 15k/sec And Off-net 20k/sec by Ugba1(m): 11:17am On Jan 30, 2011
Glo dey try sha, only dem no dey innovative. e fit be true, but untill i see person wey don migrate, i no go worry myslef. their network has been on and off like yoyo in thelast few days.
Re: Glo Introduces On-net 15k/sec And Off-net 20k/sec by bidey: 11:25am On Jan 30, 2011
folafola:

for activation kindly type 'CITY' as an SMS and send to 300
@ folafola, the code you provided is for glo infinito. There is nothing like GLO FREEDOM as poster claimed. If there is let's have the source and activation code.
Re: Glo Introduces On-net 15k/sec And Off-net 20k/sec by abubaka(m): 12:36pm On Jan 30, 2011
@all,

just call GLo customer care to confirm and i was told that there is nothing like that for now.

pls kindly desist from passing wrong info.
Re: Glo Introduces On-net 15k/sec And Off-net 20k/sec by abrahym(m): 4:55pm On Jan 30, 2011
so all this story na lie
Re: Glo Introduces On-net 15k/sec And Off-net 20k/sec by sulakishop(m): 5:42pm On Jan 30, 2011
Could this be true?
Check out these threads:

www dot 9jabook dot com/profiles/blogs/glo-mobile-new-tariff-glo?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

www dot talkofnaija dot com/news/glo-freedom-new-billing-plan
Re: Glo Introduces On-net 15k/sec And Off-net 20k/sec by abubaka(m): 8:40pm On Jan 30, 2011
@all,
Is all bunch of lies

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Goodbye Glo Infinito Special / New MTN WOW Weekend Promo! / Glo New Data Plan For Smartphones And Mobile Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.