Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,533 members, 7,837,039 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

victor Giadom Writes INEC, Says No Party Primaries Planned For Edo On Monday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / victor Giadom Writes INEC, Says No Party Primaries Planned For Edo On Monday (1795 Views)

Court Renews Victor Giadom's Position As Acting National Chairman Of APC. / Court Grants Victor Giadom Access To Operate As APC Acting Chairman / South-South APC Leaders Endorse Victor Giadom As Oshiomhole’s Replacement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

victor Giadom Writes INEC, Says No Party Primaries Planned For Edo On Monday by DaminaboEricOgo(m): 7:34am On Jun 22, 2020
Victor Giadom Writes INEC, Says No Party Primaries Planned For Edo On Monday June 22

By Kemi Kasumu

In further exercisation of his powers as Acting National Chairman (ANC) of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Chief Victor Giadom, has written a second letter to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) strongly informing the electoral umpire that there has been no governorship primary election scheduled to hold in Edo State on Monday June 22, 2020.

The INEC is allowed by the law to recognise and act on communications from national chairman of political parties. Earlier, such communications by Adams Oshiomhole had been nullified and voided by the Court of Appeal Abuja, which upheld March ruling of FCT Hugh Court suspending him as member and national chairman of the APC and specifically appointed Victor Giadom being the most senior in party hyrarchy as acting national secretary as at the time to take act as national chairman.

Chief Giadom has since notified the INEC on this latest development following his resumption at the party’s national Secretariat in Abuja.

In the second letter, dated Thursday June 18, 2020 boldly titled “No APC gubernatorial primary committee has been inaugurated for Edo State and no primaries planned for Monday June 22, 2020”, Chief Giadom said his leadership’s attention had been drawn to activities of some people including Governor Hope Uzodinma of Imo State to conduct party primaries in Edo State on Monday June 22.

He said neither was such plan or arrangement known to him or authorised by him as Acting National Chairman and such, that the INEC should not give its support or monitoring to them.

The letter addressed to the INEC Chairman said: “Reports reaching me is that some persons have perfected plans to conduct direct gubernatorial primaries for our great party in Edo State next week under the purported chairmanship of His Excellency Governor Hope Uzodinma on Monday, June 22, 2020.

“Kindly note that as the Acting Chairman of our party, I did not authorize such a committee, neither have I inaugurated one. The earlier announced date for the primaries that is June 22, 2020, has been postponed.

“You are therefore advised not to give any support to any such committee or to monitor any such primaries. A new date for the primaries would be communicated to you soonest. We regret the inconvenience this might cause your commission.

“A copy of this letter is being sent to the relevant law enforcement agencies and the Chairman of Edo State APC, Mr. Anselm Ojezua for their information and necessary actions,” Giadom said

https://newscrystal.com.ng/victor-giadom-writes-inec-says-no-party-primaries-planned-for-edo-on-monday-june-22/

Crystal News

1 Like

Re: victor Giadom Writes INEC, Says No Party Primaries Planned For Edo On Monday by SmartProf(m): 7:37am On Jun 22, 2020
APC, U guys will self destruct yourselves. Good enough, it doesn't matter to us cos honestly the political system in Nigeria imposes leaders on us, so we have really not been involved with who become our leaders. The little strength we have, we are using it for other profitable things. Keep fighting APC folks, we have glucose to energise you to continue fighting whenever u feel tired

4 Likes

Re: victor Giadom Writes INEC, Says No Party Primaries Planned For Edo On Monday by Nwodosis(m): 7:38am On Jun 22, 2020
grin
Re: victor Giadom Writes INEC, Says No Party Primaries Planned For Edo On Monday by Tomtomy98: 7:38am On Jun 22, 2020
Uuhhh
Re: victor Giadom Writes INEC, Says No Party Primaries Planned For Edo On Monday by Abfinest007(m): 7:39am On Jun 22, 2020
confusion everywhere

1 Like

Re: victor Giadom Writes INEC, Says No Party Primaries Planned For Edo On Monday by supersdo520: 7:43am On Jun 22, 2020
Do you really know who Trump is?
Re: victor Giadom Writes INEC, Says No Party Primaries Planned For Edo On Monday by FlordFlorez(m): 7:44am On Jun 22, 2020
Inec should avoid the primary so as not to partisan politics. Currently, apshit is divided 20 million times against itself.

1 Like

Re: victor Giadom Writes INEC, Says No Party Primaries Planned For Edo On Monday by Temitopemo6e6(m): 7:49am On Jun 22, 2020
Awkward Moment for apc

1 Like

Re: victor Giadom Writes INEC, Says No Party Primaries Planned For Edo On Monday by Munzy14(m): 7:52am On Jun 22, 2020
Season film to sway gullible followers.... cheesy
Re: victor Giadom Writes INEC, Says No Party Primaries Planned For Edo On Monday by Ruggedniggaone: 7:56am On Jun 22, 2020
I swear this man only mission is to destroy APC completely and I wish him nothing but success.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: victor Giadom Writes INEC, Says No Party Primaries Planned For Edo On Monday by IamPatriotic(m): 7:59am On Jun 22, 2020
This man should stop making mockery of himself. If he's the Acting National Chairman, he should name other members of the NWC he chairs, I wonder why he allowed himself to be pawn in the hands of disgruntled and paperweight politicians like Kayode Fayemi, Rótìmí Akérédolú and Rotimi Amaechi.

4 Likes

Re: victor Giadom Writes INEC, Says No Party Primaries Planned For Edo On Monday by ODI444(m): 8:06am On Jun 22, 2020
I think the man has some point. You can’t build something on nothing. If court has removed Adams before these actions were taken and Appeal also validated the removal, it simply means all his functions after the first ruling were null and void. As classified by the second ruling.
APC is only postponing the doom day.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: victor Giadom Writes INEC, Says No Party Primaries Planned For Edo On Monday by JAMO4REAL1(m): 8:10am On Jun 22, 2020
everybody is a leader in APC, Breaking news am the new acting chairman of the party my primary election is Friday 26th June 2020. if you support like if u against share

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: victor Giadom Writes INEC, Says No Party Primaries Planned For Edo On Monday by TheSaxophonist: 8:20am On Jun 22, 2020
Our chairman has spoken! cheesy
We are solidily beyan u chairmoo!! grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: victor Giadom Writes INEC, Says No Party Primaries Planned For Edo On Monday by 24SEVEN: 8:23am On Jun 22, 2020
This drama dey sweet oh.

I stand with Chief Victor Giadom faction. I love people that take the initiative when things are going bad. Giadom all the way
grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: victor Giadom Writes INEC, Says No Party Primaries Planned For Edo On Monday by Sweetgoodie(f): 8:23am On Jun 22, 2020
God bless our shiaman

2 Likes

Re: victor Giadom Writes INEC, Says No Party Primaries Planned For Edo On Monday by History555: 8:29am On Jun 22, 2020
Every body in APC is a shiaman

1 Like

Re: victor Giadom Writes INEC, Says No Party Primaries Planned For Edo On Monday by tinsel: 8:34am On Jun 22, 2020
ODI444:
I think the man has some point. You can’t build something on nothing. If court has removed Adams before these actions were taken and Appeal also validated the removal, it simply means all his functions after the first ruling were null and void. As classified by the second ruling.
APC is only postponing the doom day.
Let him name his own committee for the election if he is not playing a script. Inec has a time limit
Re: victor Giadom Writes INEC, Says No Party Primaries Planned For Edo On Monday by Flyingngel(m): 8:37am On Jun 22, 2020
APCCCCCCCC
Re: victor Giadom Writes INEC, Says No Party Primaries Planned For Edo On Monday by Collins9156(m): 8:45am On Jun 22, 2020
Up Shiaman
Re: victor Giadom Writes INEC, Says No Party Primaries Planned For Edo On Monday by SIONKPO1(m): 9:27am On Jun 22, 2020
APC,should allow Giadom to act but they should summon an Emergency NEC meeting

1 Like

Re: victor Giadom Writes INEC, Says No Party Primaries Planned For Edo On Monday by Conductor261: 10:01am On Jun 22, 2020
Our national Shiaman

1 Like

Re: victor Giadom Writes INEC, Says No Party Primaries Planned For Edo On Monday by MrCanceller: 10:05am On Jun 22, 2020
Sweetgoodie:
God bless our shiaman
I'm glad to see that I have fixed you.
Your somodooo account has finally been banned because of me.
I will make sure I rid off trolls and tribalists like you from this great forum and it's a task I'm willing to archived achieved cool
Re: victor Giadom Writes INEC, Says No Party Primaries Planned For Edo On Monday by MadeInTokyo: 10:27am On Jun 22, 2020
grin grin grin
APC will have no candidate in Edo state.

Any name forwarded to INEC that is not from Giadom is null and void in the eyes of the law, Gaidom remains the only court of competence jurisdiction recognized APC acting chairman
...End of Discussion

1 Like

Re: victor Giadom Writes INEC, Says No Party Primaries Planned For Edo On Monday by MadeInTokyo: 10:44am On Jun 22, 2020
Giadom remains the only acting Chairman recognized by the courts...End of Discussion

1 Like

Re: victor Giadom Writes INEC, Says No Party Primaries Planned For Edo On Monday by Trumpcard05: 10:55am On Jun 22, 2020
Hmmm
Re: victor Giadom Writes INEC, Says No Party Primaries Planned For Edo On Monday by Mejemeje0404: 11:20am On Jun 22, 2020
Giadom should go ahead and conduct it own primary and forward Obaseki's name to INEC. Spoiler.
Re: victor Giadom Writes INEC, Says No Party Primaries Planned For Edo On Monday by Sweetgoodie(f): 11:25am On Jun 22, 2020
[s]
MrCanceller:
I'm glad to see that I have fixed you.
Your somodooo account has finally been banned because of me.
I will make sure I rid off trolls and tribalists like you from this great forum and it's a task I'm willing to archived achieved cool
[/s]
undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senator Dino Melaye Shares Photo Of His Beautiful Family / “thanks But No Thanks” – Appointee Tells Buhari As He Rejects Appointment, Cites / My Views On The Yoruba Rally That Took Place In Lagos Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.