Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? (34108 Views)

Find Bello Turji Dead Or Alive - MURIC Identifies Man Behind Sokoto Killings / Kim Young-Chae To Nigeria: You Don’t Need Foreign Help To Solve Insecurity / Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by manny4u(m): 9:02am On Jun 22, 2020
We are in an era in Nigeria right now where we are actually running out of good people worthy of respect and emulation. Gone are the days when we use to have Nnamdi Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello, Tafawa Balewa, Obafemi Awolowo and so on.This were all great Nigerians who were not corrupt and actually served their country well.

Even those whom we use to respect so much such as Adams Oshiomole, Femi Adeshina, Reuben Abati and even Buhari all got into government and started acting like the others.

So in recent times who are your stand out Nigerians worthy of such stand out respect?

For me I would say late Maitama Sule and Prof. Pat Utomi.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by mandarin: 9:35am On Jun 22, 2020
I respect Fashola because he has the capacity to deliver if he has the authority or power in his hands

VP Osinbajo for his brilliance and intellectual capacity to embrace openness and progress. If he should become the President everything will be different

El Rufai though with some attending reservations but he's a man of quality

Anyim Pius for his capacity to collaborate

Aisha Buhari as a veritable whistle blower who actually should be praised rather than disdain

149 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by IlovePMB: 9:35am On Jun 22, 2020
Emeka Ihedioha, Yaradua, Peter Obi, Obasanjo

83 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by neonly: 9:41am On Jun 22, 2020
Jona all d way bro

241 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Kinematics: 9:42am On Jun 22, 2020
For me its

1. Isaac Adaka Boro
2. Ken Saro Wiwa
3. Alfred Diete-spiff
4. Godswill Akpabio

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 22, 2020
The ones alive I admire are:
(1)Alex Otti
(2)Jim Ovia
(3)Tony Elemulu
(4) Leo stan Eke
(5)Dozie Pascal

In politics are:
(1) Zik of Africa
(2)Sullivan Chime
(3)Peter Obi
(4)Fashola

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by lalasticlala(m): 9:49am On Jun 22, 2020
Dora Akunyili

742 Likes 78 Shares

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by niyisky: 9:55am On Jun 22, 2020
Honestly I will go Prof Zulum, David Umahi cheesy and Osibanjo

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by StephenBB(m): 10:40am On Jun 22, 2020
1. Prof. Dora Nkem Akunyili
The only women in Nigeria with 900 awards
2. Dr. Peter Odili

243 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by joyandfaith: 10:43am On Jun 22, 2020
manny4u:
We are in an era in Nigeria right now where we are actually running out of good people worthy of respect and emulation. Gone are the days when we use to have Nnamdi Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello, Tafawa Balewa, Obafemi Awolowo and so on.This were all great Nigerians who were not corrupt and actually served their country well.

Even those whom we use to respect so much such as Adams Oshiomole, Femi Adeshina, Reuben Abati and even Buhari all got into government and started acting like the others.

Tai Solarin
Gani Gani fawehinmi

So in recent times who are your stand out Nigerians worthy of such stand out respect?

For me I would say late Maitama Sule and Prof. Pat Utomi.
Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by joyandfaith: 10:45am On Jun 22, 2020
Tai Solarin
Gani fawehinmi

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Connectiann(f): 6:43pm On Jun 22, 2020
F
E
L
A

101 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by sodiqapril(m): 6:43pm On Jun 22, 2020
Fela anikulapo Kuti, Ken saro wiwa, Chinua Achebe, Christopher okigbo, king sunny ade, woke Soyinka, Ayinla Omowura, Peter obi, Kwan 1 the ultimate

106 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by emkz: 6:44pm On Jun 22, 2020
General Sani Abacha.

Apart from his endemic kleptomaniac tendencies and gross abuses of human rights which landed his name on the wrong side of history, Abacha was a good manager. The rubbish you hear today that Boko Haram or bandits are laying siege to the nation or armed robbers are killing policemen in police stations would never happen. When Emeka Akaluka was beheaded in Kano because his wife purportedly cleaned her baby with a page from the Holy Book, General Abacha had all of them rounded up and killed...except one. Infact, when IMF and World Bank were busy sanctioning Nigeria, Abacha simply ignored them. He grew Nigeria's foreign reserves by more than 1000% and reduced external debt. He famously divided Nigeria into the geopolitical zones and came up with the Vision 2010, which Obasanjo refused to acknowledge because he hated Abacha.

Right now, Nigeria lacks a clear development plan for ten, twenty and thirty years. Only Buhari has shown sense by continuing some of Jonathan's signature projects. We need continuity in governance and we must address the issue of governing Nigeria.

111 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Greenbirth: 6:44pm On Jun 22, 2020
Obj Obasojo is still one of the respected men in nigeria.

Now Buhari and his locust head tribal bigot men have turn nigeria into something laughable. Imagine even ghana now get mouth to pull down our embassy.

The fuvking niggas still dey form supermen up north. I don't know if is dust instead of brain in their coconut head.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by lomprico(m): 6:44pm On Jun 22, 2020
Where is Osinbade?

2 Likes

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by airminem(f): 6:44pm On Jun 22, 2020
grin I only respect PAN-AFRICA leaders. Sadly we dont have any pan african president alive. From ZIK OF AFRICA TO ZIK OF NIGERIA, FINALY ZIK OF ONISHA.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Crofton: 6:44pm On Jun 22, 2020
Fela Anikulapo Kuti, Goodluck Jonathan and Chinua Achebe .

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by NwaNimo1(m): 6:44pm On Jun 22, 2020

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by jamex93(m): 6:44pm On Jun 22, 2020
Baba Fela

That man was speaking the truth, but the enemies of this country try to confuse us that he is a bad man

Am sure no one can point out 1 thing fela said about Nigerian government that is not true angry

Rest on baba

You are a true hero

Respect large!

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by EzzyCarter: 6:44pm On Jun 22, 2020
I respect me, myself and I cheesy. So many highs and lows but I kip rising above my demons and I surely won't stop coz the sky's my home. I'm a freaking legend, or probably one in the making cool

95 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by pointstores(m): 6:44pm On Jun 22, 2020
Awolowo

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by paymentvoucher: 6:44pm On Jun 22, 2020
General Muhammadu Buhari

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 22, 2020
I respect the dead buhari this new jubril aminu el sudani our current president is a bastard

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by lonelydora: 6:44pm On Jun 22, 2020
Dora Akunyili
Umaru Musa Yar'adua
Gen. Sani Abacha

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by tomdon(m): 6:45pm On Jun 22, 2020
Ganduje Gandollar gobna op Kano sitate our mentor teaching us how to collect bribe in dollars and stuff in a babanriga ie babariga banking

6 Likes

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by DrNueLpureHoney: 6:45pm On Jun 22, 2020
Late sir...Umaru Musa Yar'Adua and the past governor of Enugu State in the person of Barr. Sullivan Iheanacho Chime.

If you need Raw Original Honey...check out this Post here on Nairaland

➡️ https://www.nairaland.com/5917354/health-benefits-taking-tomatoesraw-honey

9 Likes

Re: Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? by pallybrown(m): 6:45pm On Jun 22, 2020
Goodluck Jonathan

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Abubakar Shekau Disguises As Woman In Hijab - Army / Governor Wike At Chukwuemeka Woke Triplet's Birthday [PHOTOS] / Truckloads Of Dangote Rice Arrive Lagos For Distribution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.