Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Delta State Culture? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Delta State Culture? (2287 Views)

Is Wearing Western Clothing Forsaking Your Culture? / Gay Culture Gains Ground On Nigerian Varsity Campuses / How Culture affects Marriage Among Educated (westernized) Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Delta State Culture? by May22nd(m): 10:00am On Jan 28, 2011
I have been dating a lady from isoko delta state since July 2010. The lady has visited my family up to 4 times, in a normally situation, I think I myself suppose to know her family too especially when she told me that her mother wanted to see me.
I have made up my mind to visit her family but she told me that before I could visit her family, I need to buy wine and bring money with it.
My question is: it is delta state culture especially isoko people to be demanding for money and wine from the suitor Who is going to see them for the first time and who they have not seen before?
Re: Delta State Culture? by Nobody: 1:36am On Mar 09, 2011
mscheeew are u from mars? follow their traditions or leave their daughter alone.

(1) (Reply)

Does Christianity And Islam Hold People Back From Traditions? / Do You Think Biafra Does Exist? / Dear Nigerians....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.