Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,971 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

Bolton: Trump Told Netanyahu He’d Back Israeli Military Action Against Iran - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Bolton: Trump Told Netanyahu He’d Back Israeli Military Action Against Iran (693 Views)

Israeli Military Kills Senior Hamas Officials In Airstrikes / Nothing Will Be Left Of Israel If It Acts Against Iran – President Raisi / Israel Will Not Join America In War Against Iran - Benjamin Netanyahu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bolton: Trump Told Netanyahu He’d Back Israeli Military Action Against Iran by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:39pm On Jun 22, 2020
In a leaked manuscript of his forthcoming book, former US National Security Adviser John Bolton said US President Donald Trump gave Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu the green light to attack Iran.

Trump told Bolton in June 2017 that he had already pledged his support for such Israeli action in direct talks with Netanyahu, but asked Bolton to remind the Israeli premier of his stance, according to the excerpts of Bolton’s White House memoir, “The Room Where it Happened.”

Writes Bolton: “I warned Trump against wasting political capital in an elusive search to solve the Arab-Israeli dispute and strongly supported moving the US embassy in Israel to Jerusalem, thereby recognizing it as Israel’s capital. On Iran, I urged that he press ahead to withdraw from the nuclear agreement and explained why the use of force against Iran’s nuclear program might be the only lasting solution.

“‘You tell Bibi [Netanyahu] that if he uses force, I will back him. I told him that, but you tell him again,’ Trump said, unprompted by me,” Bolton goes on.

The former US national security adviser, a hawk on Iran, also described the events of the G7 conference in August 2019 of world leaders, when Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif unexpectedly flew in to Biarritz for talks with French President Emmanuel Macron, and rumors flew that Trump and the Iranian foreign minister would sit down for a meeting.

This was a step strongly opposed by Bolton and Israel. But not, according to Bolton, by the US president’s son-in-law Jared Kushner, who, Bolton said, blocked phone calls from Netanyahu to Trump last summer when the Israeli premier wanted to persuade him against a summit with Zarif.

Trump asked [Mick] Mulvaney and Kushner what they thought. Mulvaney agreed with me, but Kushner said he would have the meeting because there was nothing to lose,” he wrote.

According to Bolton’s account, Kushner later actively blocked Netanyahu from reaching Trump to discuss the issue.

“By then I had an e-mail from Pompeo, who had again spoken to Netanyahu. Netanyahu had heard about the possible Zarif meeting and was pressing to call Trump at five thirty p.m. Biarritz time, which was fast approaching. After arriving at the hotel, I spoke again with Pompeo while waiting to meet Trump in his suite. I told him I would do what I could about Netanyahu’s call, but I was determined to make one more effort to talk Trump out of meeting with Zarif. Netanyahu and Israel’s Ambassador Ron Dermer were also calling me, so I asked Pompeo to tell them I felt like the Light Brigade, outcome TBD. On Trump’s floor, I found Mulvaney and Kushner.

“Kushner was on the phone to David Friedman, US Ambassador to Israel, telling Friedman that he was not going to allow Netanyahu’s call to go through. (Now we knew who was stopping all those calls to Trump!) When he hung up, Kushner explained he had stopped this and an earlier effort by Netanyahu because he didn’t think it was appropriate for a foreign leader to talk to Trump about whom he should speak to.”

Elsewhere in the book, he wrote that Trump had wanted to speak to Zarif, among others.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/bolton-trump-told-netanyahu-hed-back-israeli-military-action-against-iran/amp/
Re: Bolton: Trump Told Netanyahu He’d Back Israeli Military Action Against Iran by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:54pm On Jun 22, 2020
Trump's failure to understand the gravity of the possible outcome of an Isreali attack on Iran shows what a disaster of a president he is

While other US presidents have over the years cautioned Isrealnot to attack Iran the most uneducated US president in history does the opposite

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bolton: Trump Told Netanyahu He’d Back Israeli Military Action Against Iran by dermmy(m): 4:04pm On Jun 22, 2020
They really gambled with the destiny of middle east thank God Netanyahu didn't make such stupid move. The crazy man telling Netanyahu to attack Iran couldn't do that last January when Iran smashed U.S base in Iraq leaving over 100 troops with traumatic brain injuries.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bolton: Trump Told Netanyahu He’d Back Israeli Military Action Against Iran by orisa37: 4:37pm On Jun 22, 2020
Bolton is now a Security Risk. He should be arrested and put off.
Re: Bolton: Trump Told Netanyahu He’d Back Israeli Military Action Against Iran by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:41pm On Jun 22, 2020
orisa37:
Bolton is now a Security Risk. He should be arrested and put off.
He should continue to reveal the dirty games of the evil people occupying the WH

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolton: Trump Told Netanyahu He’d Back Israeli Military Action Against Iran by orisa37: 7:51pm On Jun 22, 2020
NOETHNICITY:
He should continue to reveal the dirty games of the evil people occupying the WH

BOLTON IS JUST TELLING LIES. HE IS REALLY WACKO.
Re: Bolton: Trump Told Netanyahu He’d Back Israeli Military Action Against Iran by Olominira(m): 2:01am On Jun 23, 2020
NOETHNICITY:
Trump's failure to understand the gravity of the possible outcome of an Isreali attack on Iran shows what a disaster of a president he is

While other US presidents have over the years cautioned Isrealnot to attack Iran the most uneducated US president in history does the opposite

I do tell people how unintelligent the current guy occupying the whitehouse is. It's extremely disturbing, because he lacks basic reasoning ability requires for human

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolton: Trump Told Netanyahu He’d Back Israeli Military Action Against Iran by orisa37: 8:44am On Jun 23, 2020
NOETHNICITY:

He is not revealing nothing. He is just WACKO. Just watch his wacko-mess-moustache.

1 Like

Re: Bolton: Trump Told Netanyahu He’d Back Israeli Military Action Against Iran by orisa37: 9:05am On Jun 23, 2020
VERY GOOD
Re: Bolton: Trump Told Netanyahu He’d Back Israeli Military Action Against Iran by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:24am On Jun 23, 2020
orisa37:

He is not revealing nothing. He is just WACKO. Just watch his wacko-mess-moustache.
He was no WACHO when he was pushing for the invasion of Iran, when he was pushing for regime change in Iran, when he advanced the dismantling of Iranian nuclear deal he was no WACHO.

But now that he - and a lot others who just like him- fell out with your hero Trump he's now a WACHO

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bolton: Trump Told Netanyahu He’d Back Israeli Military Action Against Iran by orisa37: 10:41am On Jun 23, 2020
NOETHNICITY:
He was no WACHO when he was pushing for the invasion of Iran, when he was pushing for regime in Iran, when advanced the dismantling of Iranian nuclear deal he was no WACHO.

But now that he - and a lot others who just like him- fell out with your hero Trump he's now a WACHO

He has been WACKO all the time. Clinton, Bush and Obama, all have sacked him. Trump now makes him 100 percent WACKO.

1 Like

Re: Bolton: Trump Told Netanyahu He’d Back Israeli Military Action Against Iran by rowland545(m): 10:51am On Jun 23, 2020
How can u attack Iran...that would have been the biggest mistake ever...middle east would have turned to north east Nigerian... Even worst....

Iran don't mind using there proxy to destabilize the security of that region....and y do Israel need Americans help to attack Iran... I thought they were strong enough...

Even nairaland analyst said the war won't take Israel 45 minutes to end iran .....fvck wit the Persians at ur own risk....the end

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bolton: Trump Told Netanyahu He’d Back Israeli Military Action Against Iran by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:07am On Jun 23, 2020
orisa37:

He has been WACKO all the time. Clinton, Bush and Obama, all have sacked him. Trump now makes him 100 percent WACKO.
Now how do you describe a president who hired a man notorious for being a wacky?
Re: Bolton: Trump Told Netanyahu He’d Back Israeli Military Action Against Iran by rowland545(m): 11:27am On Jun 23, 2020
NOETHNICITY:

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

Do the needful
are u normal

Needful for what Did I abuse anyone in my comment....are u sure u don't need urgent attention
Re: Bolton: Trump Told Netanyahu He’d Back Israeli Military Action Against Iran by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:30am On Jun 23, 2020
rowland545:
are u normal

Needful for what Did I abuse anyone in my comment....are u sure u don't need urgent attention
Not what I mean bro
I think your post makes sense so much so that it makes the thread deserving of fp
I may have portrayed it wrongly
I mean no wrong
Re: Bolton: Trump Told Netanyahu He’d Back Israeli Military Action Against Iran by rowland545(m): 11:41am On Jun 23, 2020
NOETHNICITY:
Not what I mean bro
I think your post makes sense so much so that it makes the thread deserving of fp
I may have portrayed it wrongly
I mean no wrong
ohk....am sorry too...I was thinking u were calling for me to b banned...anyway sorry if I was rude

1 Like

Re: Bolton: Trump Told Netanyahu He’d Back Israeli Military Action Against Iran by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:49am On Jun 23, 2020
rowland545:
ohk....am sorry too...I was thinking u were calling for me to b banned...anyway sorry if I was rude
no probs
I understand
Re: Bolton: Trump Told Netanyahu He’d Back Israeli Military Action Against Iran by joshjc(m): 11:56am On Jun 23, 2020
NOETHNICITY:

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

This thread should be pushed to fp
correct
Re: Bolton: Trump Told Netanyahu He’d Back Israeli Military Action Against Iran by joshjc(m): 11:58am On Jun 23, 2020
It's strange that some people in Nigeria love trump while those in America where he's the president hate him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bolton: Trump Told Netanyahu He’d Back Israeli Military Action Against Iran by Originality007: 12:26pm On Jun 23, 2020
only losers see Bolton as a Hero grin
Re: Bolton: Trump Told Netanyahu He’d Back Israeli Military Action Against Iran by Originality007: 12:29pm On Jun 23, 2020
joshjc:
It's strange that some people in Nigeria love trump while those in America where he's the president hate him

you mean liberals, Democrats, Cnn and other fake news loversv grin
Re: Bolton: Trump Told Netanyahu He’d Back Israeli Military Action Against Iran by leksite120(m): 12:32pm On Jun 23, 2020
joshjc:
I'm also amazed at the rate by which American citizens hate that man with passion and funnily enough Nigerians take him as their heavenly sent saviour
Re: Bolton: Trump Told Netanyahu He’d Back Israeli Military Action Against Iran by joshjc(m): 12:33pm On Jun 23, 2020
leksite120:
I'm also amazed at the rate by which American citizens hate that man with passion and funnily enough Nigerians take him as their heavenly sent saviour
some Nigerians
Re: Bolton: Trump Told Netanyahu He’d Back Israeli Military Action Against Iran by leksite120(m): 12:34pm On Jun 23, 2020
Originality007:

you mean liberals, Democrats, Cnn and other fake news loversv grin
Its not about CNN . America forums, Quora and co where their citizens talk freely also show their hatred towards him
Re: Bolton: Trump Told Netanyahu He’d Back Israeli Military Action Against Iran by leksite120(m): 12:34pm On Jun 23, 2020
joshjc:
some Nigerians
Most
Re: Bolton: Trump Told Netanyahu He’d Back Israeli Military Action Against Iran by joshjc(m): 12:36pm On Jun 23, 2020
leksite120:
Most
I don't like him
Re: Bolton: Trump Told Netanyahu He’d Back Israeli Military Action Against Iran by Originality007: 12:46pm On Jun 23, 2020
leksite120:
Its not about CNN . America forums, Quora and co where their citizens talk freely also show their hatred towards him

Nov3 will decide ur claim grin
Re: Bolton: Trump Told Netanyahu He’d Back Israeli Military Action Against Iran by Originality007: 12:47pm On Jun 23, 2020
joshjc:
I don't like him

i like him die grin
Re: Bolton: Trump Told Netanyahu He’d Back Israeli Military Action Against Iran by leksite120(m): 12:52pm On Jun 23, 2020
joshjc:
I don't like him
I noticed most Christians like him cos of his public display of hatred for Muslims, they don't even care for the fact that he hates blacks.

2 Likes

Re: Bolton: Trump Told Netanyahu He’d Back Israeli Military Action Against Iran by leksite120(m): 12:52pm On Jun 23, 2020
Originality007:

Nov3 will decide ur claim grin
I'm not sure he can win sir, if he wins, e get as e be
Re: Bolton: Trump Told Netanyahu He’d Back Israeli Military Action Against Iran by orisa37: 12:53pm On Jun 23, 2020
NOETHNICITY:
Now how do you describe a president who hired a man notorious for being a wacky?

A PRESIDENT who doesn't discriminate his Citizens. A PRESIDENT who gives everyone a CHANCE to prove his or her worth. He is not a PRESIDENT who IMPORTS FULANI HERDSMEN FROM NIGER REPUBLIC to come in and terrorise NIGERIANS. He is not a PRESIDENT who gives $100million to Miyetti Allah FULANI Herdsmen to kill his people. He is a fully Patriotic PRESIDENT who quickly spotted a deranged Wacko in his cabinet and remove him. We shall all see where Bolton goes from here.

(1) (2) (Reply)

US Elections: Did Bernie Sanders See The Future? / Trump Accuses Dominion Voting Systems Of Deleting His 2.7 Million Votes / Russians Vs Ukraine: Germans Seize Russian Billionaire A. Usmanov’s Mega-yacht

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.