Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,223 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

The Rise Against Operation In The Middle East. Will Naijas Learn? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Rise Against Operation In The Middle East. Will Naijas Learn? (1339 Views)

SOUTH EAST Will Vote For APC In 2019. / South-East Will Get Additional State Before Any Other Zone – Jonathan / South-East Will Support Jonathan Though He Failed Igbos - APGA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Rise Against Operation In The Middle East. Will Naijas Learn? by proudly9ja(m): 12:12pm On Jan 28, 2011
A few weeks ago, the world woke up to protests in Tunisia fuelled by an act of self sacrifice by a University graduate fruit seller who set himself on fire after being harassed by the police. Thousands of youths organised themselves via social network site - Facebook to protest against the high rate of unemployment and economic downturn in the country. The protests moved from the internet to the streets as youths and opposition leaders joined forces to wrestle government from the hands of Ben Ali who had been ruling since 1987. Within days Ben Ali abdicated the seat and fled to Saudi Arabia, the Prime Minister took over and is now working towards a new government.

Fast forward a few days.

Again the world woke up to similar protests but now in the cities in Egypt, from Cairo to Suez, youths gathered together again using the power of the internet to join forces to protest against misrule and government's insensitivity to the plight of the people. Like it happened in Tunisia, Egyptians are asking that their leader Hosni Mubarak, who has been president since 1981, to step down and flee like his Tunisian counterpart. According to the NewYork Times,

"Protests led by young people entered a third day in Egypt, where Mohamed ElBaradei, the Nobel laureate who has become an outspoken opponent of President Hosni Mubarak, returned in hopes of galvanizing the campaign. The Muslim Brotherhood, long Egypt’s largest organized opposition, ended days of official inaction and said it would join the Friday protests, declaring “a day of rage for the Egyptian nation.”

As this is going on, Yemen a country close to Egypt has also gone to the streets today. This time, the protests are not orchestrated by youths but by the opposition leaders. However, the demand is the same, a change in government and an improvement in quality of life. Again quoting from the NY Times,
“To Jidda, oh Ali!” some shouted, in reference to the city in Saudi Arabia where Tunisia’s president fled this month. “The people’s demand is the fall of the government!”

“We are telling them either he delivers real political reforms or we’re going to deliver him out of power,” said Shawki al-Qadi, an opposition lawmaker and organizer of the Yemeni protests. “He’s closed all the doors of hope. The only glimmer is in the streets.”

I am glad that youths and generally, the so called masses in these countries are rising up to their responsibilities and knowing that we all are a part of government and we have the power to oust any government at the polls.
I await for the days we Nigerians will remove religious and ethnic sentiments to fight against oppression. The day we will wake up from our sleep and openly speak against government's insensitivity.
In Egypt, Christians and Muslims are gathering in mosques and churches. They are JOINING FORCES. They are no bickering against each other neither are they fighting each other. This is key. Question is, when will we as Nigerians get to this stage?
Re: The Rise Against Operation In The Middle East. Will Naijas Learn? by ElRazur: 12:19pm On Jan 28, 2011
Truth be told, naijans no get liver. The only ones who get liver and willing to die for a cause are the illiterate Muslims pushing for Sharia law up north.

I do not foresee enough momentum to even bring about someone setting themselves on fire in act of self sacrifice talk-less of a mass protest against the government. Period.

Using myself as an example, I will not die for naija nor will I die for my people period. No, I am not a coward, but like most millions of Nigerians, there aren't enough reasons for me to want to do such a thing. Having said that, I have a few point of views, beliefs, state of mind et al that I will die for. Naija is just not one of them.
Re: The Rise Against Operation In The Middle East. Will Naijas Learn? by spyder880(m): 1:21pm On Jan 28, 2011
Who will agree that his tribal man be removed? A civil war is nearer than a revolution in naija. Same top thieves preaching tribal hatred to keep the masses busy killing each other, not smelling the coffee.
Re: The Rise Against Operation In The Middle East. Will Naijas Learn? by proudly9ja(m): 1:23pm On Jan 28, 2011
Elrazur,

Im not even talking about anyone 'dying' for Nigeria. It doesn't have to be violent protests. What intrigues me about the examples above is that in no way have we heard of Muslim or Christian or ethnic issues. Noone is saying they want to remove Mubarak because he is a muslim or Ben Ali was removed because he is from a certain part of the country.

When will we as Nigerians wake up and work together against these people who call themselves our leaders? Elections are coming and all I hear is, bakare is a pastor, Buhari is a Sharia proponent, Goodluck is South South?? I mean
Will we ever come together and say NO to corruption and go to the polls, vote for the right people and DEFEND our votes?
Re: The Rise Against Operation In The Middle East. Will Naijas Learn? by DeeJay20: 1:24pm On Jan 28, 2011
proudly9ja:

A few weeks ago, the world woke up to protests in Tunisia fuelled by an act of self sacrifice by a University graduate fruit seller who set himself on fire after being harassed by the police. Thousands of youths organised themselves via social network site - Facebook to protest against the high rate of unemployment and economic downturn in the country. The protests moved from the internet to the streets as youths and opposition leaders joined forces to wrestle government from the hands of Ben Ali who had been ruling since 1987. Within days Ben Ali abdicated the seat and fled to Saudi Arabia, the Prime Minister took over and is now working towards a new government.

Fast forward a few days.

Again the world woke up to similar protests but now in the cities in Egypt, from Cairo to Suez, youths gathered together again using the power of the internet to join forces to protest against misrule and government's insensitivity to the plight of the people. Like it happened in Tunisia, Egyptians are asking that their leader Hosni Mubarak, who has been president since 1981, to step down and flee like his Tunisian counterpart. According to the NewYork Times,

"Protests led by young people entered a third day in Egypt, where Mohamed ElBaradei, the Nobel laureate who has become an outspoken opponent of President Hosni Mubarak, returned in hopes of galvanizing the campaign. The Muslim Brotherhood, long Egypt’s largest organized opposition, ended days of official inaction and said it would join the Friday protests, declaring “a day of rage for the Egyptian nation.”

As this is going on, Yemen a country close to Egypt has also gone to the streets today. This time, the protests are not orchestrated by youths but by the opposition leaders. However, the demand is the same, a change in government and an improvement in quality of life. Again quoting from the NY Times,
“To Jidda, oh Ali!” some shouted, in reference to the city in Saudi Arabia where Tunisia’s president fled this month. “The people’s demand is the fall of the government!”

“We are telling them either he delivers real political reforms or we’re going to deliver him out of power,” said Shawki al-Qadi, an opposition lawmaker and organizer of the Yemeni protests. “He’s closed all the doors of hope. The only glimmer is in the streets.”

I am glad that youths and generally, the so called masses in these countries are rising up to their responsibilities and knowing that we all are a part of government and we have the power to oust any government at the polls.
I await for the days we Nigerians will remove religious and ethnic sentiments to fight against oppression. The day we will wake up from our sleep and openly speak against government's insensitivity.
In Egypt, Christians and Muslims are gathering in mosques and churches. They are JOINING FORCES. They are no bickering against each other neither are they fighting each other. This is key. Question is, when will we as Nigerians get to this stage?

DUDE GO BACK TO SLEEP ! U DONT HAVE A CLUE WHAT IS HAPPENING IN NORTH AFRICA, DECEPTION AND COVERT OPERATIONS HAVE JUST GOT MORE SINISTER!!!
Re: The Rise Against Operation In The Middle East. Will Naijas Learn? by blacksta(m): 1:35pm On Jan 28, 2011
DeeJay20:

DUDE GO BACK TO SLEEP ! U DONT HAVE A CLUE WHAT IS HAPPENING IN NORTH AFRICA, DECEPTION AND COVERT OPERATIONS HAVE JUST GOT MORE SINISTER!!!

If you have nothing to post - read and move on - The above makes no sense at all - what deception or covert is going on.??
Re: The Rise Against Operation In The Middle East. Will Naijas Learn? by proudly9ja(m): 1:57pm On Jan 28, 2011
^^^ Its a highlight of the issues Im talking about. We are quick to blame everyone else except ourselves for our problems.
If its 'deception and covert operations' like you claim, please we need such 'deception and covert operations' in Nigeria too!
Re: The Rise Against Operation In The Middle East. Will Naijas Learn? by DeeJay20: 2:00pm On Jan 28, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

BBC, CNN report something on the news and all of you are looking at
what u see, instead of seeing what is not obvious to the unclothed eye!!!

Time will tell, lets keep watching,

Conflict, War, Un-explained sequential Protest  are a Racket,

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3_EXqJ8f-0[/flash]

Oh by the way i hope you guys know that AFRICOM is in town these days!
Re: The Rise Against Operation In The Middle East. Will Naijas Learn? by Kobojunkie: 2:04pm On Jan 28, 2011
^^^ Like someone said earlier, it is probably OK that you stop responding as you are still not making sense. Much of the news you get are from those sources, so what are you yapping about?

1) Are Egyptians not rioting in the streets of Egypt?

2) Are people not being injured by the police and calling for freedom?

What exactly is are you trying to deny is the case here?

@Poster, like someone said, More Nigerians would rather make excuses and create reasons for why inaction is the best action for Nigeria. It seems only muslims willing to die in the name of Sharia do the fighting in this country. Everyone else seems more in the business of producing excuses for why nothing of the sort should happen in Nigeria.
Re: The Rise Against Operation In The Middle East. Will Naijas Learn? by DeeJay20: 2:06pm On Jan 28, 2011
blacksta:

If you have nothing to post  - read and move on  - The above makes no sense at all  - what deception or covert is going on.??

Dude you need to research and analyse and think the unthinkable,

Colour (Covert) Revolutions have come to africa, welcome 2011!!!!

THINK NAIJA MAN THINK!!!
Re: The Rise Against Operation In The Middle East. Will Naijas Learn? by DeeJay20: 2:09pm On Jan 28, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^^ Like someone said earlier, it is probably OK that you stop responding as you are still not making sense. Much of the news you get are from those sources, so what are you yapping about?

1) Are Egyptians not rioting in the streets of Egypt?

2) Are people not being injured by the police and calling for freedom?

What exactly is are you trying to deny is the case here?

@Poster, like someone said, More Nigerians would rather make excuses and create reasons for why inaction is the best action for Nigeria. It seems only muslims willing to die in the name of Sharia do the fighting in this country. Everyone else seems more in the business of producing excuses for why nothing of the sort should happen in Nigeria.

Oh Snap, u are in Ohio, you need to get out  more often,

Yeah People were on the streets and protesting in Ukraine & Georgia some
years ago, A good analyst does not look at what is seen but what is unseen.

Everbody, Everything has a Purchase Price in the market these days

Yes Even "Protest Organisers",

And please go and study the run up to these protest in Tunisa & Egypt
ie the Geo-Political issues before you come here to post,
It seems like you spend too much of your time on NL, you need
to join another messageboard/forum, i have a few suggestions if you need some.
Re: The Rise Against Operation In The Middle East. Will Naijas Learn? by Kobojunkie: 2:42pm On Jan 28, 2011
Is this by any chance BecomeRich or his brother?? anyone?? undecided undecided undecided
Re: The Rise Against Operation In The Middle East. Will Naijas Learn? by DeeJay20: 2:52pm On Jan 28, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Is this by any chance BecomeRich or his brother?? anyone??  undecided undecided undecided

Oh well i guess you cant expect too much "realism" from an Immigrant like yourself!!! I guess your just happy to be in Amerikka (sic) "Barbershop"
Re: The Rise Against Operation In The Middle East. Will Naijas Learn? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 28, 2011
i think if we have the kind of Buhari's leadership we had in the 80's, we could achieve the kind of system we want.

Alot of the corrupt elite (in police, phcn, civil service, FAAN, customs, prisons, etc) for the last 30 years have had the backing of the presidency and his friends. Removing the factor of a corrupt president and cabinet would allow for a cleansing of the system. I know if this happens the positive effects on the masses would be near instantaneous.

This years election is an opportunity we have to install a corruption fighter now, democratically, and so I don't see violent protests as necessary right now. I feel that should happen only when necessary.

This week in Jos, we all saw women protest against the army and recieve gun shots in the process so never say nigerians "no get liver". The situation dictates the play. After all a rat is most dangerous when cornered.
Re: The Rise Against Operation In The Middle East. Will Naijas Learn? by ElRazur: 5:25pm On Jan 28, 2011
proudly9ja:

Elrazur,

Im not even talking about anyone 'dying' for Nigeria. It doesn't have to be violent protests. What intrigues me about the examples above is that in no way have we heard of Muslim or Christian or ethnic issues. Noone is saying they want to remove Mubarak because he is a muslim or Ben Ali was removed because he is from a certain part of the country.

When will we as Nigerians wake up and work together against these people who call themselves our leaders? Elections are coming and all I hear is, bakare is a pastor, Buhari is a Sharia proponent, Goodluck is South South?? I mean
Will we ever come together and say NO to corruption and go to the polls, vote for the right people and DEFEND our votes?

I see your point, me I just add a different, but relevant angle to it.

I hate to say this, but the IQ level on a social cohesion of my people is very low and almost known existent outside the boundaries that we all share. In order words, I am saying my people cannot see past where certain people come from, what their beliefs are etc so I really do not see how my people will now get up and speak in one voice.

From my perspective, the situation has been long ripe - Economic instability, rising social cost, social injustice etc - but for some reason, naijans are just not ready.

I came across a mantra of "change" the other day and from the top of my head,  it is split into three levels (1) Those who are ready to make changes and will go to the extra mile to make it happen. (2) Those who want change but are not willing to pay the price. (3) Those who are not remotely bothered to even think about change.

After reading that piece, I am of the belief that Nigeria is made up of most people with a mindset from (2) and (3)

As much as we see this wave of changes sweeping in some parts, I am of the opinion that it will never happen in Nigeria. Not in this current climate anyway. After all, we've had it worse than this before and nothing happen - Military regime et al.

ikay88:

This week in Jos, we all saw women protest against the army and recieve gun shots in the process so never say nigerians "no get liver". The situation dictates the play. After all a rat is most dangerous when cornered.

Corruption is not about to go away in Nigeria. The same old wine will always taste the same in a new bottle, no matter how fancy the bottle looks.

Finally, your point highlights exactly why our people in my opinion no get liver for naija.  After one or two people is shot, the crowd disperse and that's the end of it. Where is the public rage and show of anger? Where are the activists coming out with all the people supporting them?

On contrast in Tunisia, a few people died in the demonstration, but it never stopped them. You see, that one na the liver I was talking about.

Whether Egypt sef get liver remains to be seen. I believe there is a curfew going on right now over there. Let us see if people will brave the bullets of the Army and still carry on protesting.
Re: The Rise Against Operation In The Middle East. Will Naijas Learn? by Kobojunkie: 6:36pm On Jan 28, 2011
ElRazur:

I came across a mantra of "change" the other day and from the top of my head,  it is split into three levels (1) Those who are ready to make changes and will go to the extra mile to make it happen. (2) Those who want change but are not willing to pay the price. (3) Those who are not remotely bothered to even think about change.

After reading that piece, I am of the belief that Nigeria is made up of most people with a mindset from (2) and (3)

I think there is a 4th -- this group ought to get it's own recognition.

4) Those who say they want change but promote the status quo.
Re: The Rise Against Operation In The Middle East. Will Naijas Learn? by Ikengawo: 6:41pm On Jan 28, 2011
You people are dense.

We as a people are quick to look at any situation in any part of the world that differs from our own, and because it's different assume it's better for reasons that are beyond me.
Nigerians believe foreign languages are 'better' then their own (how a language is better then another is beyond me, it's all speech)
Nigerians believe foreign peoples are better then their own
Nigerians believe, for reasons that are again beyond me, their country is the absolute worst in the world and this is where the trend of millions of Nigerians flooding into places like Chad where they starve and burn in the heat before even giving Abuja or Lagos a try comes from.

[b]This is the new own that puzzles me. Nigerians now think what is happening in Tunisia is comparable to their situation and is what is 'needed'. [/b]All of these examples of total confusion stem from 1 source. Nigerians have a flair for citing problems and a total inability to understand or explain them.
Any nigerian can make a 10 pages list of the problems in Nigeria, few can tell you why these problems exist and what the cure is since the cure comes from understanding the causeSo let me explain things for you. The problem in Nigeria isn't the government. It's the people. The Nigerian government has the task of running 150 million of the worlds more stubborn, defiant, corrupt, egocentric, materialistic and unpatriotic citizens that i personally know. It also has to chose from these people to fill it's ranks. So lets say we overthrow the government in Nigeria like in Tunisia and look at the problems in Nigeria. Nigerians would rather throw their trash outside in the open instead of looking for a trash can: The causes pollution health problems and a hideous environment. Nigerians will complain about the appearance of their country compared to others but still throw their trash about carelessly
Nigerians would rather pay a bribe to get out of a hard situation (bad test result, bad court ruling, arrest, being caught driving without documents). This leads to a situation where the naira is above life.
Nigerians would rather support a ‘big man’ or a ‘rich man’ then a man of honor of nobility. My dad does politics, and his career took off the minute he bought a Hummer, BECAUSE he bought a Hummer. Smh. This leads to a leadership that even if it was humble and not materialistic would be forced into money flaunting and hording because Nigerians only respect the wealthy…even when they’re poor…especially when they’re poor.

Nigerians seldom follow or care to learn the rules established in their own country. I’ve seen Nigerian police arrest people because of marijuana, when there’s no law in Nigeria against the use of Marijuana, but what does it matter, nobody knows this or cares to learn. The police themselves smoke it lol.

So you have the problem of a society with dysfunctional people, struggling to function.
Tunisia’s revolution isn’t to get a ‘better government’ It’s to GET a democracy. It’s to GET a government. Things that we ALREADY have but seem to be too careless and lazy to want to IMPROVE.
Tunisia’s democracy will be flawed and infantile like ours once it’s established as it is in ALL countries. The difference is we’re not willing to improve it LIKE ALL COUNTRIES. A revolution to overthrow the Nigerian government will establish another government full of Nigerians, and when Nigerians are your problem, it’s foolish to being to clamor about an overthrow. That’s like covering the scent of pheces with pheces scented air spray.
[b]My resolution is not for an ‘overthrow’. We should be proud that we have gone though decades of overthrows and now have the democracy that even Egypt, Tunisia, Libya, Mauritania and Sudan wish they had no matter how flawed it is. [/b]Nigerias are still free to be themselves, to speak against their government, to vote, to assemble, to protest, and to be a part of their government, so an ‘overthrow’ isn’t needed, we’ve at least achieved the existence of a democracy in rough terrain. Instead we should work on IMPROVING our democracy, not destroying it and replacing it with the same thing, and Nigeria IS improving its democracy. We should push for lower salaries in the National Assembly, for governors and for the executive board. We should push for standards in our leaders, education requirements or clean criminal records. We should push for year round voter registration. We should push for electronic census’. We should push for more state autonomy so that each and every group of peoples in Nigeria are free to reach their potential. We should join our police forces and armies and improve them from the inside, and we should push for more regulation of schools, security, banks, and living practices.

This is what Tunisia is fighting to have the OPPURTUNITY to do. We already have the opportunity. Lets take it.
Re: The Rise Against Operation In The Middle East. Will Naijas Learn? by DeeJay20: 8:11pm On Jan 28, 2011
U GUYS SHOULD JUST KEEP your MOUTHS CLOSED AND WATCH A  NEWS VIDEO
ON THIS ISSUE, LOOK FOR THE SIGNS OF DECEIT

US urges reform in Egypt hmmmm o.k,

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmEcQMwprIo[/flash]

AND BY THE WAY NORTH AFRICANS (ARABS) AND SUB-SAHARAN (BLACKS) AFRICANS DO NOT HAVE
THE SAME IDEOLOGY, LEARN ABOUT A PEOPLE BEFORE RUNNING YOUR MOUTH IGNORANTLY,

THE MAINSTREAM NEWS ARE CALLING THIS PROTEST IN TUNISIA & EGYPT
"THE JASMINE REVOLUTION", O.K

HMMMM

1 - Serbia - Bulldozer Revolution (2000)

2 - Georgia's - Rose Revolution (2003)

3 - Ukraine's - Orange Revolution (2004)

4 - Lebanon's Cedar Revolution (2005)

5 - Kyrgyzstan's Tulip Revolution (2005)

What do they all have in common,

An election was held and the Incumbent Won or refused to step-down, was accused of Fraud and the West Agreed, so they cheating Incumbent must go,

Hmmm a certain West African country comes to mind, Ivory Coast

Only that in Black africa the people cant protest and over-throw a Leader by Protest (I guess their Minds
are not ready for the Organisational skills to see it through), so the west call for the only the people
know works - Military Option, The collateral Damage Option!!!
Re: The Rise Against Operation In The Middle East. Will Naijas Learn? by Afam4eva(m): 8:13pm On Jan 28, 2011
Nigeria will never learn anything. The dullard nation will remain as it is even if revolution takes place in all the nations on earth.
Re: The Rise Against Operation In The Middle East. Will Naijas Learn? by EzeUche2(m): 8:15pm On Jan 28, 2011
Nigerians know how to kill each other. The only protest I see in Nigeria's future are actually xenophobic riots.
Re: The Rise Against Operation In The Middle East. Will Naijas Learn? by ElRazur: 8:17pm On Jan 28, 2011
Ikengawo:

You people are dense.

Anyone who remotely have a different view from you is dense?

We as a people are quick to look at any situation in any part of the world that differs from our own, and because it's different assume it's better for reasons that are beyond me.
Nigerians believe foreign languages are 'better' then their own (how a language is better then another is beyond me, it's all speech)
Nigerians believe foreign peoples are better then their own
Nigerians believe, for reasons that are again beyond me, their country is the absolute worst in the world and this is where the trend of millions of Nigerians flooding into places like Chad where they starve and burn in the heat before even giving Abuja or Lagos a try comes from.

Speak for yourself.  How is the situation in Tunisia or that on-going in Egypt different from Nigeria?  People want change, people are fed up of high prices, people are fed up of basic amenities lacking, people are fed up of a lot of things. Can you spot any similarities?

No offence, but some foreign things (not necessarily people and language) are just better than what we may have at home. This is just being real and not putting on a rose tinted-nationalism glasses.

[b]This is the new own that puzzles me. Nigerians now think what is happening in Tunisia is comparable to their situation and is what is 'needed'. [/b]All of these examples of total confusion stem from 1 source.

Look above sir. To claim there is no similarity in between Nigeria and the nations where the uprising has happened and it is on-going is just not true.

Nigerians have a flair for citing problems and a total inability to understand or explain them.

The problem here is you have no idea what this thread is about, but assuming that you do! And in the process coming across as dismissive, when in actual fact your views so far will suggest you know very little.

Any nigerian can make a 10 pages list of the problems in Nigeria, few can tell you why these problems exist and what the cure is since the cure comes from understanding the cause.

So using your logic, a man in the village who do not have electricity and water should as a result have the understanding of how NEPA (or what ever the new name is now) works and how the forces of demand and supply are at work?  

In the UK, petrol prices are at all time high, yet to the ordinary motorist all they care about is the price coming down, not the reason why it was high in the first place. Even if they do understand the problem, surely it is out of their hands?

What I am saying is that people do not need to know the root cause of a problem, before they can point out there is a problem. Jeez.

So let me explain things for you. The problem in Nigeria isn't the government. It's the people. The Nigerian government has the task of running 150 million of the worlds more stubborn, defiant, corrupt, egocentric, materialistic and unpatriotic citizens that i personally know,

See, and this is you claiming you know the root cause of the problem! You appear to be generalising and blaming the ordinary citizen while ignoring the part the people in power play in the systemic decaying of nigeria over the years. Are you serious?

You have to look at the bigger picture sometimes, and I think if we have to point out who is responsible for the state Nigeria is in, it will be the few who have been in the seat of powers and responsible for the faith of millions.

As per the rest of your post, it is hurting my head reading it, so I won't bother replying to them.

Smh.
Re: The Rise Against Operation In The Middle East. Will Naijas Learn? by ElRazur: 8:19pm On Jan 28, 2011
DeeJay20:

U GUYS SHOULD JUST KEEP your MOUTHS CLOSED AND WATCH A  NEWS VIDEO
ON THIS ISSUE, LOOK FOR THE SIGNS OF DECEIT

US urges reform in Egypt hmmmm o.k,

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmEcQMwprIo[/flash]

AND BY THE WAY NORTH AFRICANS (ARABS) AND SUB-SAHARAN (BLACKS) AFRICANS DO NOT HAVE
THE SAME IDEOLOGY, LEARN ABOUT A PEOPLE BEFORE RUNNING YOUR MOUTH IGNORANTLY,

With all due respect, do you really feel pushing your views on to people will get any where?

So far most have ignored your post, and the few who replied, you seem not to even take on board what they are saying.

Smh.
Re: The Rise Against Operation In The Middle East. Will Naijas Learn? by DeeJay20: 8:24pm On Jan 28, 2011
ElRazur:

With all due respect, do you really feel pushing your views on to people will get any where?

So far most have ignored your post, and the few who replied, you seem not to even take on board what they are saying. 

Smh.

Dude i do not post for peoples hand-clap and i do  not push views on people, i just state the obvious!

HMMMM

An election was held and the Incumbent Won or refused to step-down, was accused of Fraud and the West Agreed, so they cheating Incumbent must go,

Only that in Black africa the people cant protest and over-throw a Leader by Protest (I guess their Minds
are not ready for the Organisational skills to see it through), so the west call for the only instrument
the people, know works - Military Option, The collateral Damage Option!!!
Re: The Rise Against Operation In The Middle East. Will Naijas Learn? by ElRazur: 8:30pm On Jan 28, 2011
DeeJay20:

Dude i do not post for peoples hand-clap and i do  not push views on people, i just state the obvious!

I am not sure there is anyone here who post just for an ovation either.

Dude, your views are not saying anything not known already. Some even pointed out it was irrelevant to the post at hand.

All you appear to do is just ignore what's been said and try to post something else.

Let me ask you this, do you think the situation in Nigeria is the same or similar to the events leading to protest in the aforementioned nations?

Do you think the people in Nigeria are able to stand up and unite and demand the resignation or stepping down of those in power without letting tribalism or religion bigotry play part?
Re: The Rise Against Operation In The Middle East. Will Naijas Learn? by DeeJay20: 8:32pm On Jan 28, 2011
ElRazur:

Smh.

And if you know anything about a country like Egypt you would know that if a free and fair
election was conducted, "The Brotherhood" would be more likely to win,

But "The Brotherhood" have not even raised the heads or supported the protest in any public way *hmm*

Hmmm hmmmm hmmmm i wonder why?

If you do not know the "Brother-hood" Dynamic in Egypt that you should keep quiet and not
talk about things you have know Intricate Knowledge off,

NOTICE HOW NO POSTER SINCE THE THREAD STARTED HAS MENTIONED THE BROTHER-HOOD,

IGNORANT OF THE CORE DYNAMIC SHOWS WE JUST POST OPINIONS WITHOUT TESTING, WEIGHING
AND VALIDATING THEM,

OH YEAH BY THE WAY, I HAVE TUNISIAN AND EGYPTIAN FRIENDS AND WORK COLLEAGUES, 1ST HAND INFO!
Re: The Rise Against Operation In The Middle East. Will Naijas Learn? by ElRazur: 8:33pm On Jan 28, 2011
DeeJay20:

HMMMM

are not ready for the Organisational skills to see it through), so the west call for the only instrument
the people, know works - Military Option, The collateral Damage Option!!!

Your post is making very little sense.

There is no on-going election in the two nations - Tunisia and Egypt - concerned.

Maybe you are too advance for me, do you mind stating in simple English what you are talking about?  
Re: The Rise Against Operation In The Middle East. Will Naijas Learn? by mensdept: 8:34pm On Jan 28, 2011
ikay88:

i think if we have the kind of Buhari's leadership we had in the 80's, we could achieve the kind of system we want.

Alot of the corrupt elite (in police, phcn, civil service, FAAN, customs, prisons, etc) for the last 30 years have had the backing of the presidency and his friends. Removing the factor of a corrupt president and cabinet would allow for a cleansing of the system. I know if this happens the positive effects on the masses would be near instantaneous.

This years election is an opportunity we have to install a corruption fighter now, democratically, and so I don't see violent protests as necessary right now. I feel that should happen only when necessary.

We arent talking about Buhari or Gowon or the past. We are talking about today, including at the state level. Installing a corruption fighter is not just at the presidential level, but a total installment, including among those that woke up one day and gave themselves the title of Pastor.
Re: The Rise Against Operation In The Middle East. Will Naijas Learn? by DeeJay20: 8:36pm On Jan 28, 2011
ElRazur:

I am not sure there is anyone here who post just for an ovation either.

Dude, your views are not saying anything not known already. Some even pointed out it was irrelevant to the post at hand.

All you appear to do is just ignore what's been said and try to post something else.

Let me ask you this, do you think the situation in Nigeria is the same or similar to the events leading to protest in the aforementioned nations?

Do you think the people in Nigeria are able to stand up and unite and demand the resignation or stepping down of those in power without letting tribalism or religion bigotry play part?

Dude the Social Cohension and group dynamic in Nigeria is not strong in any Political sense
at the grassroot/Base or at the top, and the running elite in Nigeria ie the Military Elite  a.k.a Nigerians
shadow Goverment know this,

The case is totally different in North Africa,

Look at my Last Post, digest what i am saying and then get back to me,
Re: The Rise Against Operation In The Middle East. Will Naijas Learn? by ElRazur: 8:37pm On Jan 28, 2011
DeeJay20:

NOTICE HOW NO POSTER SINCE THE THREAD STARTED HAS MENTIONED THE BROTHER-HOOD,

IGNORANT OF THE CORE DYNAMIC SHOWS WE JUST POST OPINIONS WITHOUT TESTING, WEIGHING
AND VALIDATING THEM,

OH YEAH BY THE WAY,  I HAVE TUNISIAN AND EGYPTIAN FRIENDS AND WORK COLLEAGUES, 1ST HAND INFO!

This is my last attempt of trying to reason with you.

This thread is about trying to ask if Nigerians can unite and demand change.

You on the other hand are just providing answer to a question no one is asking.

Brotherhood or no brother hood, that has been mentioned already on several news channel, however it is not relevant to this debate.

Finally, having Egyptian friends and what not means what exactly to the thread at hand?

Re: The Rise Against Operation In The Middle East. Will Naijas Learn? by mensdept: 8:39pm On Jan 28, 2011
Only at the regional level, and major metro areas (Lagos and Abuja) can change on the level of the North Africans, can happen in Naija.
Re: The Rise Against Operation In The Middle East. Will Naijas Learn? by ElRazur: 8:41pm On Jan 28, 2011
DeeJay20:

Dude the Social Cohension and group dynamic in Nigeria is not strong in any Political sense
at the grassroot/Base or at the top, and the running elite in Nigeria ie the Military Elite  a.k.a Nigerians
shadow Goverment know this,

The case is totally different in North Africa,

Look at my Last Post, digest what i am saying and then get back to me,

This is about the most sensible thing you have said all night. Please keep it up.

I mentioned what you are now saying in my first post in this thread, and I went as far as using myself as an example of how I have no desire or strong urge to die for nigeria (a death that may perhaps bring about change or catalyst to change I am talking about here)

In my opinion, I feel things have to be really bad before we can see anything close to a mass protest. Having said that, the mind set in which my people have can be counter-productive to any feeling of mass protest. After all, things were worse under most military rule and my people did nothing.
Re: The Rise Against Operation In The Middle East. Will Naijas Learn? by DeeJay20: 8:41pm On Jan 28, 2011
ElRazur:

This is my last attempt of trying to reason with you.

This thread is about trying to ask if Nigerians can unite and demand change.

You on the other hand are just providing answer to a question no one is asking.

Brotherhood or no brother hood, that has been mentioned already on several news channel, however it is not relevant to this debate.

Finally, having Egyptian friends and what not means what exactly to the thread at hand?

Dude, dont be daft, the brotherhood has not been mentioned on any news channel, dont try and play smart,

And in regards to Nigerian Unity, i am giving you the answer, the base/foundations for any
effective movement for change is weak,

The only glimmer of hope or someone making a relevate stand is that "informed Preacher" Tunde Bakare,

The rest of the advocates and so called change NGO's and Politicians in Nigeria are just blowing smoke!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why A Yoruba State, Lagos, Is Now Less Reliant On Federal Allocation / Nigeria: The Morning After By John Campbell / Igbos Should Boycott Nairaland,facebook Etc Tomorrow In Honour Of Ojukwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.