Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,443 members, 7,812,330 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

Why Do Many Nigerian Youth Consider These People Hero (pic) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Do Many Nigerian Youth Consider These People Hero (pic) (4595 Views)

Reno Omokri: Why Many Nigerian Men Marry Older White Women / BBNaija: Tobi Bakre's 5 Professions, Not A Lazy Nigerian Youth / Linda Ikeji Reacts To Buhari's "Lazy Nigerian Youth" Comment With Throwback Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Many Nigerian Youth Consider These People Hero (pic) by Charge: 10:21pm On Jun 22, 2020
embarassed

What exactly is the reason for Fela's Fame?

How can we keep making such idiots popular and then expect respect from white countries.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Many Nigerian Youth Consider These People Hero (pic) by anungangampu: 10:24pm On Jun 22, 2020
Because they speak out against evil alot.. An average yorouba does not exhault bad influence. They speak out against evil.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Many Nigerian Youth Consider These People Hero (pic) by njoku10(m): 10:31pm On Jun 22, 2020
I have never seen deal as someone that should be respected, to me he lifestyle is nothing worth emulating
Re: Why Do Many Nigerian Youth Consider These People Hero (pic) by Covidodo: 10:39pm On Jun 22, 2020
Charge:
embarassed

How can we keep making such idiots popular and then expect respect from white countries.
You are a tosser that shouldn't be taken seriously..
Fela Humor me please

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Many Nigerian Youth Consider These People Hero (pic) by Opexzy: 10:44pm On Jun 22, 2020
Fela made impact and he earned so many people's respect... Fela is womaniser, Fela is a chain smoker, Fela is infamous for so many things, but he is a freedom fighter, he is fearless, he laid the foundation for Afro music that is now a multi billion naira industry today.

Every heroes you see, have there own downside because they are humans too, so they are not perfect. So when we celebrate people, we do it because of the uncommon strength they have shown in a particular area in life and not because of their weaknesses.

If we are to take note of people's weaknesses, nobody deserves to be celebrated, not even, Bob Marley, nor Michael Jackson, nor Tupac Shakur etc.

36 Likes

Re: Why Do Many Nigerian Youth Consider These People Hero (pic) by Mightyhaiz: 10:46pm On Jun 22, 2020
one was like a prophet,..the other one na tout

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Many Nigerian Youth Consider These People Hero (pic) by Charge: 10:48pm On Jun 22, 2020
anungangampu:
Because they speak out against evil alot.. An average yorouba does not exhault bad influence. They speak out against evil.

Is their character influence not capable of leading our misled youth into committing evil?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Many Nigerian Youth Consider These People Hero (pic) by anungangampu: 11:01pm On Jun 22, 2020
Charge:

Is their character influence not capable of leading our misled youth into committing evil?
I was being sarcastic. You know this lies I have heard from yoroubas that igbos are involved in crime and drugs because their elders and leaders does not speak against it.

When you asked them, their defence is always.. "we expose evil wherever we see it. We don't hide bad influence"

The funny thing is their grand chess master was indicted for crimes pertaining to drugs and their youth leader is a thug. Thier Top senate leader is not clean too. But they would be the first to call other tribes evil for crime that is committed in Thier back yard everyday.

ThankGod for Internet.

Then back to your question... Fela lifestyle was part of his music.. Music is all about creativity. Then yoroubas only did not promote Fela.. I think all lovers of Fuji music.

But the other person is just a mistake created by this present goverment.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Many Nigerian Youth Consider These People Hero (pic) by gnykelly(m): 11:03pm On Jun 22, 2020
Charge:
embarassed

you mean because of those guys white didn't respect us.

are you aware that the current French president visited the shrine the legacy of fela

https://www.nairaland.com/4597584/waris-kareem-11-year-old-draws-president#69063791

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Many Nigerian Youth Consider These People Hero (pic) by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jun 22, 2020
Fela was great. Better than all our political leaders put together, except a few.
Fela warned us against OBJ, Yaradua, Buhari and low mentality like GEJ. But Nigeria don't listen.

Nairamarley is no hero. At least, not yet

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Many Nigerian Youth Consider These People Hero (pic) by Topsic70: 11:08pm On Jun 22, 2020
Good question!
I used to ask why igbos consider these ones heroes:

Pix1 and 2: Charley boy
Pix 3 and 4: James 'they didn't caught me' Brown

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Many Nigerian Youth Consider These People Hero (pic) by Ojiofor: 11:09pm On Jun 22, 2020
I celebrate the good side of Fela(his music and his political actvism) and close my eyes on his peronal life.
Re: Why Do Many Nigerian Youth Consider These People Hero (pic) by cursedAbiola(f): 11:21pm On Jun 22, 2020
[s]
Topsic70:
Good question!
I used to ask why igbos consider these ones heroes:

Pix1 and 2: Charley boy
Pix 3 and 4: James 'they didn't caught me' Brown
[/s]
trash

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Many Nigerian Youth Consider These People Hero (pic) by Gabkosh: 11:33pm On Jun 22, 2020
anungangampu:

I was being sarcastic. You know this lies I have heard from yoroubas that igbos are involved in crime and drugs because their elders and leaders does not speak against it.

When you asked them, their defence is always.. "we expose evil wherever we see it. We don't hide bad influence"

The funny thing is their grand chess master was indicted for crimes pertaining to drugs and their youth leader is a thug. Thier Top senate leader is not clean too. But they would be the first to call other tribes evil for crime that is committed in Thier back yard everyday.

ThankGod for Internet.

Then back to your question... Fela lifestyle was part of his music.. Music is all about creativity. Then yoroubas only did not promote Fela.. I think all lovers of Fuji music.

But the other person is just a mistake created by this present goverment.
This guy is in pain. Who will pacify him?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Many Nigerian Youth Consider These People Hero (pic) by LilWarshy(m): 12:17am On Jun 23, 2020
Since you refuse to read history, you will continue to be a clown.
Fela of all people
the black president
the one that was born with silver spoon but decided to fight for the poor
Fela is not even popular in Nigeria, go outside the country and you know much about the God sent Liberator to Africa.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Many Nigerian Youth Consider These People Hero (pic) by MetaPhysical: 1:52am On Jun 23, 2020
Charge:
embarassed

When Jayz speaks America listens. Jayz was a drug mule.

Snoopdoggy is a respected American, he is a drug head.

Elvis is a god in America, he died of drug overdose.

Bobby Brown was a hit maker, so was his wife Whitney, both were addicts.

Dr Dre, in addition to music, also deals in products marketing. He was Suge Knights partner, they were drug dealers.

How many i go list? Abi na Master P you want talk about....how about Lil John, Yin-Yang twins.......grin

Your issue is not with Fela or Nairamarley. You are using them to market your bigotry. Talk true... grin

12 Likes

Re: Why Do Many Nigerian Youth Consider These People Hero (pic) by Nobody: 1:59am On Jun 23, 2020
Charge:
embarassed

You have a low I.Q!Fela Kuti is world reknown and celebrated around the world. When French Prime Minister,Emmanuel Macron, came to Nigeria, his first port of call was Fela Shrine.

Where were you when Fela Kuti was fighting against epidemic corruption,misgovernance of the likes of Buhari who he tagged "An animal in human skin" and got brutalized by the military as a result. Fela Kuti is one of the greatest Nigerians and will forever be remembered in history for fighting for the masses.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Many Nigerian Youth Consider These People Hero (pic) by Emilokoiyawon: 3:41am On Jun 23, 2020
When your ancestors were hiding cowardly from military dictatorial regimes Fela STOOD and fought for the masses.

What did your father do?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Many Nigerian Youth Consider These People Hero (pic) by Bighead9: 4:35am On Jun 23, 2020
Charge:
embarassed

We Igbo's love them most. In the EAst, over 80% of Igbo's have their C.D's in their homes.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Many Nigerian Youth Consider These People Hero (pic) by llakes4real: 4:35am On Jun 23, 2020
So many f00ls everywhere!

Some people sat down somewhere and decided that smoking MJ is a crime, but cigarette is legal. Why is cigarette legal?

Anyway, some parts of America has made it legal again, and we are waiting for the follow-follow government we have here to copy them soon.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Many Nigerian Youth Consider These People Hero (pic) by Pearlyakin(m): 5:20am On Jun 23, 2020
LilWarshy:
Since you refuse to read history, you will continue to be a clown.
Fela of all people
the black president
the one that was born with silver spoon but decided to fight for the poor
Fela is not even popular in Nigeria, go outside the country and you know much about the God sent Liberator to Africa.
Don't mind the illiterate bigot, how i wish i can slap the OP for saying shi* about Fela, well i wouldn't blame the OP and folks like her they don't read nor know anything about history of the past.
Fela that pioneered Afro beat, Fela was a big Influence to a Brazilian Musician, Fela that the likes of Jay Z and other great American musicians sampled his songs, wyclef Jean named a whole track Fela and the ignoramus OP is spewing out rubbish.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Many Nigerian Youth Consider These People Hero (pic) by butterfly777(m): 5:25am On Jun 23, 2020
First, music. Youths love music and anyone that gives them the type of music they love. So they have different favorite artists based on their taste of music.

Second, defiance. Some youths like people who defy the social norms. Many youths desire to be free from parental and societal restrictions, so they are inspired by people who are rebellious to the norm of the society, like the above musicians.

The third factor is personality. Like attracts like. I was once attracted to Woke Shoyinka, because I am also an activist by nature. People who have funky or bad boy personalities also naturally see themselves in people like Naira Marley and Fela, and see them as their models.

These are the factors that combine to win fans for some of these people.
Re: Why Do Many Nigerian Youth Consider These People Hero (pic) by purplecoco(f): 7:05am On Jun 23, 2020
Fela is very well respected and influential. I live for his music and I think he speaks the truth about the government. Even the likes of Beyonce and Obama likes his music. Stop degrading your own people.
Re: Why Do Many Nigerian Youth Consider These People Hero (pic) by Nobody: 7:05am On Jun 23, 2020
Pearlyakin:

Don't mind the illiterate bigot, how i wish i can slap the OP for saying shi* about Fela, well i wouldn't blame the OP and folks like her they don't read nor know anything about history of the past.
Fela that pioneered Afro beat, Fela was a big Influence to a Brazilian Musician, Fela that the likes of Jay Z and other great American musicians sampled his songs, wyclef Jean named a whole track Fela and the ignoramus OP is spewing out rubbish.
There is a Broadway musical created by Jay Z,Will Smith and his wife Jada Pinkett Smith to immortalize Fela Kuti in New York. He is the biggest artist that has come out of Nigeria and is recognized by world leaders and major artists around the world.

Most Nigerians don't know their history, they only know how to asslick their fantastically corrupt politicians that turned them to the poverty and corruption capital of the world.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Many Nigerian Youth Consider These People Hero (pic) by Ijawwomaninoyo: 7:22am On Jun 23, 2020
It is very obvious you didn't consult your reasoning faculties before this stupid writeup!
Fela should be your grandfather's age mate if alive, why refer to him as an idiot because he smoked and was a womanizer?
Hypocrite, why didn't you upload Davido? Does he not have every of Fela's behaviour and even worse? Davido displays cultists signs publicly which Fela never did, he smokes Igbo, he is a womanizer, a street fighter, connected to murder and a chronic liar. Fela is known for smoking and womanizing only, Davido is worse!
Wizkid is equally on drugs and womanizing, why didn't you upload him?
Olamide is equally on drugs, womanizing and endorsing rituals but Teckno deems him fit to be their ambassador. He sang "Pata ni logo Benz", why didn't upload him?
Dbanj is one of the most immoral musicians around but now claiming saint, is he not an acclaimed Ambassador of Peace? Charley boy, Flavour, Ubi etc are what?
Where is the one that put naked ladies in a glass vehicle on the streets? Na Fela you see! Go and find out, this was a man who spoke ill about any government face to face and dare the consequences even after his mother was thrown down from upstairs! His whole family were freedom fighters till death. He went to jail several times and tortured till he died, He put checks on the excesses of the government. This was someone feared by IBB. Go and get your facts correctly and know the real idiots!

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Many Nigerian Youth Consider These People Hero (pic) by phemmyfour: 7:48am On Jun 23, 2020
Charge:
embarassed

Indomie gen....comparing N. Marley to Fela. What an insult

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many Nigerian Youth Consider These People Hero (pic) by Omoawoke: 7:55am On Jun 23, 2020
Charge:
embarassed

You are the idiot here! For calling Fela an idiot

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bbnaija Prince & His Cute Brother Got Female Fans Drooling In This Lovely Photos / How I Became Mr Macaroni’s ‘mummy Wa’ – Nigerian Skit-maker, Kemi Ikuseedun Open / Expensive Wine Worth N3.4million Obi Cubana Was Seen Drinking With Davido

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.