Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Embassy Demolition: Reps Fault Onyeama, Urge Retaliation Against Ghana - VIDEO - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Embassy Demolition: Reps Fault Onyeama, Urge Retaliation Against Ghana - VIDEO (26569 Views)

Owo: Residents Attack Hausa In Retaliation, Loot Shops / Dr. Onyeama Chased Away From Nigeria Embassy In Vienna, Austria By IPOB / Geoffrey Onyeama And Lawyer's Whatsapp Conversation Intercepted At The UN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Embassy Demolition: Reps Fault Onyeama, Urge Retaliation Against Ghana - VIDEO by CHIDINMALOVE: 7:48am On Jun 24, 2020
House Advocates Retaliation against Ghana over Embassy Demolition

THE House of Representatives has faulted the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, on the claim that Ghana has apologised to Nigeria on the demolition of buildings of the Nigerian Embassy in the country.

The House, while dismissing the call for diplomatic negotiations by the minister, asked that Nigeria should seek retaliation against Ghana over the demolition, which the parliament described as an attack on the country.

Onyeama had appeared before the House Committee on Foreign Affairs in Abuja on Tuesday, where he was grilled over the demolition of the buildings.

Earlier, the minister told the lawmakers that there was an invasion and buildings on the premises of the embassy were demolished by non-state actors.

He also said the time it took for the Ghanaian authorities to respond to distress calls made by officials at the embassy “is extremely troubling and troubling.”

Onyeama further said the traditional ruler in the area claimed that the property belonged to him, adding that there was no justification for the leader to take the law into his own hands.

He also informed the House that the President of Ghana had directed that decisive and severe measures be taken to settle the matter.

Onyema added that Nigeria had sought security of the embassy, its members of staff and all Nigerians in Ghana, stressing that Nigeria also demanded reparations as quick as possible, among other demands.

Onyeama also said the Ghanaian President had directed that all sealed shops belonging to Nigerian traders be opened to continue business.

Speaker of the House, Femi Gbajabiamila, however, dismissed the apology the minister said had been tendered to Nigeria by Ghana, stating that Nigeria must avenge the attack on its sovereignty by Ghana.

The Speaker said, “It was not a building that was demolished, no; the Nigerian state was attacked. I think if we look at it from that premise, we will begin to understand or underscore the importance or gravity of what we are dealing with.

“In terms of immunity and inviolability, in terms of diplomacy, it also extends to property. We are not just talking about the states. It is trite that the embassy of any country is actually the state – a sovereign location in that particular foreign country.

“That is why if there is any problem in Nigeria today, all the Americans will run to the American Embassies to seek shelter, because you cannot even move near there.

“So, from that point of view, we need to address this in that context that Nigeria was attacked. I’m not interested in the land dispute; it is not an ordinary land dispute. It is not! It has now metamorphosed into dispute between two countries, not by land owners.”

Gbajabiamila said if it were the United States’ embassy that was demolished in Ghana, “do we think the US would be talking about apology or ‘we will look into it’?”

He also said the US and the United Kingdom would not have taken it lightly with Nigeria if their embassies were tampered with in Nigeria.

The Speaker said, “It underscores the point that makes it even worse when we were told that this is the second time it is happening (in Ghana). It happened the first time and they got away with it. And of course they did it again.

“They get away with it this time, they will get away with it the third time. It is just a human behaviour. So, we have established a pattern and what we get is apology and ‘we will look into it.’ I don’t think that should suffice at this point.

Gbajabiamila, therefore, urged Onyeama to agree with the House that it was a dispute between two countries “because that embassy represents Nigeria. Whoever did that did it under the colour of law.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU5Jdg889pw

https://punchng.com/demolition-reps-fault-onyeama-urge-retaliation-against-ghana/

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Embassy Demolition: Reps Fault Onyeama, Urge Retaliation Against Ghana - VIDEO by Omoregiek: 7:54am On Jun 24, 2020
Finally some venom from these self indulging politicians................just noticed I won first to comment, so I wee like to thank my fans, my mama, mama iyabo, my wife, my baby mama, my 2nd wife, my ex-wife, my girlfriend, my sidechick and all my future conquests, God bless all of una for denying me when my wife call u!!

60 Likes

Re: Embassy Demolition: Reps Fault Onyeama, Urge Retaliation Against Ghana - VIDEO by ThinkB4mention(f): 7:59am On Jun 24, 2020
I tut there was one time USA embassy was attacked in Nigeria....... It seems fire outbreak ,can't really remember the incidence.
When we are talking of how to fix the Nation.... This clown is talking of retaliation... corrupt miscreants... I know he is clamouring for retaliation so that dey can siphon money from the process.. glorified politifcians
We can't even withstand Ghanaian...
Zone bs

The guy above me ..... Hope you've seen your alert....

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Embassy Demolition: Reps Fault Onyeama, Urge Retaliation Against Ghana - VIDEO by chukwuibuipob: 7:59am On Jun 24, 2020
cool dat onyema is confused.Attack on that building is a direct attack on Nigeria.Can the traditional chief attack US/UK property and chest beat like those Okoros sad?

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Embassy Demolition: Reps Fault Onyeama, Urge Retaliation Against Ghana - VIDEO by bolaayenimo: 7:59am On Jun 24, 2020
Better dont try it. Ghana Army will finish Nigeria in one week.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Embassy Demolition: Reps Fault Onyeama, Urge Retaliation Against Ghana - VIDEO by Calabar1stSon: 8:00am On Jun 24, 2020
Fuji house of commotion. Very senile leadership skills, it took them this long to come up with this decision.[img]http:///media/12-24-2016/E1c7QP.gif[/img]

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Embassy Demolition: Reps Fault Onyeama, Urge Retaliation Against Ghana - VIDEO by tunjilomo(m): 8:00am On Jun 24, 2020
I dey wait o. Nigeria Army, how far?

3 Likes

Re: Embassy Demolition: Reps Fault Onyeama, Urge Retaliation Against Ghana - VIDEO by ProfAmaben(m): 8:01am On Jun 24, 2020
A shameless nation. Can you bulldoze Ghana's building without thinking twice? How low can Nigeria go?

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Embassy Demolition: Reps Fault Onyeama, Urge Retaliation Against Ghana - VIDEO by Jasseyfrd(m): 8:01am On Jun 24, 2020
grin
Re: Embassy Demolition: Reps Fault Onyeama, Urge Retaliation Against Ghana - VIDEO by bro4u: 8:01am On Jun 24, 2020
we need a bulldog as a foreign Minister, one who is sharp, barks and bites. We don't have any diplomat in this country to do that at all, the one's we have are rubber stamped... we need to start introducing some tough, rugged and dogged diplomats to the outside world.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Embassy Demolition: Reps Fault Onyeama, Urge Retaliation Against Ghana - VIDEO by DONFRANSKID(m): 8:01am On Jun 24, 2020
Don't pay evil with evil and let no one suffer for the sins of another.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Embassy Demolition: Reps Fault Onyeama, Urge Retaliation Against Ghana - VIDEO by YorubaKinging: 8:02am On Jun 24, 2020
Well

Nigeria must Go!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Embassy Demolition: Reps Fault Onyeama, Urge Retaliation Against Ghana - VIDEO by Charismatic107: 8:02am On Jun 24, 2020
our politicians are gradually regaining their lost sense... In other news, someone is still in shock grin

6 Likes

Re: Embassy Demolition: Reps Fault Onyeama, Urge Retaliation Against Ghana - VIDEO by Freeeanijor: 8:02am On Jun 24, 2020
The hatred Ghanaians have for Nigeria is getting out of hand. They wish something very terrible could happen to Nigeria as if that would expedite prosperity in there land.
NIGERIA if you want to make a statement, make a bold and loud statement, no jokes.
Na from clapping of hands dance dey take start.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Embassy Demolition: Reps Fault Onyeama, Urge Retaliation Against Ghana - VIDEO by Heavensent01(m): 8:02am On Jun 24, 2020
Femi might be a thief like other politicians but he understand human value

Nigeria won't recovered her prestige back until we start electing leaders who have human values

if I happen to be Nigeria president, all trade ties and others with Ghana will be suspended indefinitely, not for anything but to subscribe to the disposition of Femi, attack on Nigeria embassy is an attack on Nigerians. if Nigeria embassy is not safe, how can Nigerians in Ghana be safe

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Embassy Demolition: Reps Fault Onyeama, Urge Retaliation Against Ghana - VIDEO by slizzyb(m): 8:02am On Jun 24, 2020
Ok
Re: Embassy Demolition: Reps Fault Onyeama, Urge Retaliation Against Ghana - VIDEO by uchman48(m): 8:02am On Jun 24, 2020
Good this I the needed action to tackle them, which kind rubbish be that, how would you attack an embassy and just apologize. it is an insult on the country concerned, it should go by suspending them closing their own embassy, then if they pay for damages we can then forgive then with a stern warning

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Embassy Demolition: Reps Fault Onyeama, Urge Retaliation Against Ghana - VIDEO by Dididrumz(m): 8:02am On Jun 24, 2020
A retaliation??
Re: Embassy Demolition: Reps Fault Onyeama, Urge Retaliation Against Ghana - VIDEO by DuBLINGreenb(m): 8:02am On Jun 24, 2020
Nigeria has more people in Para military and armed forces + NYSC than Ghana has citizens so Go ahead we are solidly behind you

6 Likes

Re: Embassy Demolition: Reps Fault Onyeama, Urge Retaliation Against Ghana - VIDEO by Patosky4U: 8:02am On Jun 24, 2020
Nice one from Mr speaker. The Ghanaians are biting more than they can chew, but I don't blame them. We Nigerians don't even like ourselves talk more of been united. Go to all the social media and you will see the Igbo's shouting afonja and Yoruba people shouting Igbo or ipobpig up and down. I don't actually know the mark we are leaving behind for our generation to come

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Embassy Demolition: Reps Fault Onyeama, Urge Retaliation Against Ghana - VIDEO by HitSong: 8:02am On Jun 24, 2020
Gaynanians are stepping out of their boundaries....

1 Like

Re: Embassy Demolition: Reps Fault Onyeama, Urge Retaliation Against Ghana - VIDEO by CzarChris(m): 8:02am On Jun 24, 2020
Supported!!!
This is an affront that must not go unpunished. Shutdown Nigeria's gas supply to Ghana for starters, throw around a few sanctions here and there, a few trade embargos, infact flex a few muscles. Let the rest of Africa remember that it's Nigeria they are dealing with, in case they are suffering from a case of selective amnesia.

Yes we are fu*ked as a country, but it's an internal thing don't think you can come take advantage of our personal problems and spit in our faces.

Situations like this makes me remember the Late Gen. Sani Abacha.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Embassy Demolition: Reps Fault Onyeama, Urge Retaliation Against Ghana - VIDEO by seunlayi(m): 8:02am On Jun 24, 2020
Nigeria(guy) vs Ghana (lady)

Who wins?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Embassy Demolition: Reps Fault Onyeama, Urge Retaliation Against Ghana - VIDEO by Factfinder1(m): 8:03am On Jun 24, 2020
Urges retaliation
Re: Embassy Demolition: Reps Fault Onyeama, Urge Retaliation Against Ghana - VIDEO by keentola(m): 8:03am On Jun 24, 2020
Are you looking for books to read but you're restricted because paperbacks are hard to get?

What if you can have unrestricted access to pdf books, are you still ready to gain more knowledge?

There's a way to get these books and it won't cost you much.

There's also a catalogue of selected Best Sellers, and interesting books on almost all walks of life. You don't need to stress yourself.

You can check my bio on how to contact me.
Re: Embassy Demolition: Reps Fault Onyeama, Urge Retaliation Against Ghana - VIDEO by BigBelleControl(m): 8:03am On Jun 24, 2020
Ghana vs Nigeria. All will still end with apology because Nigerian would not retaliate by demolishing their own building or are we going to invade Ghana with soldiers because of few people's actions?

Ghana president has called to apologize and I heard the person who claimed ownership of the land has been arrested.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Embassy Demolition: Reps Fault Onyeama, Urge Retaliation Against Ghana - VIDEO by Nobody: 8:03am On Jun 24, 2020
Nigeria is a country with a lifeless man as president. no one is afraid of Nigeria

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Embassy Demolition: Reps Fault Onyeama, Urge Retaliation Against Ghana - VIDEO by ayspac(m): 8:03am On Jun 24, 2020
Noted

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Edo Poll: Seven Communities Say Votes Allocated To Them Without Voting / Sheriff Flags Off PDP Campaign In Ore For Jimoh Ibrahim (photos) / Photos From Xerona Duke's Bridal Shower

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.