Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,680 members, 7,823,919 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Teenage Girl Swept Away By Flood Buried Near Surulere Canal - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Teenage Girl Swept Away By Flood Buried Near Surulere Canal (62468 Views)

Lagos Fire Service Rescues 8-Year-Old Boy From Drowning In Canal (Video) / COVID-19 In New York: Hundreds Of Bodies Buried In Mass Grave On Island(Pics) / Pregnant Woman In Need Of Emergency C-section Turned Away By Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teenage Girl Swept Away By Flood Buried Near Surulere Canal by Nobody: 10:37am On Jun 24, 2020
The Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), says the remains of the 19-year-old teenager who was swept away by flood on June 22, near Surulere Low-Cost Housing Estate has been recovered and buried beside the Canal at Onilegogoro.

LASEMA Director-General, Dr Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu, made the disclosure in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos on Wednesday.

He said the 19-year-old girl, simply identified as Ayisat was on June 22, reportedly swept away by a strong flood around 12 p.m. at Alapafuja axis, Surulere Low-Cost Housing Estate, following torrential rainfall in the state.

Oke-Osanyintolu said that LASEMA Response Team (LRT) and community members searched for her body through the adjoining canals on June 22 to no avail.

He, however, said that her dead body was later π found at Onilegogoro canal in Surulere around 8:30 a.m, on June 23.

”She was buried by the community members beside the canal at Onilegogoro in Surulere,” he said.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/06/teenage-boy-swept-away-by-flood-buried-near-surulere-canal/

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Teenage Girl Swept Away By Flood Buried Near Surulere Canal by Righteousness89(m): 10:38am On Jun 24, 2020
Condolences to her Family!

Death has no respect for age..

The young and old are not spared by death !

Rev 20:12

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

If you were to go today, what will be your Fate?
Talk to your self! Let this be your utmost priority!
You are the one who will feel the pains or joy on the other side.

Rev 20:15
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Prayer for someone after death , whether by water or by valley or by land or on air is a complete and Comprehensive waste of time ..
It has no effect on the Dead!

Mercy Expires at Death!

Let us do the Needful now we have Breath! Once we cease to breathe, it is over!

101 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Teenage Girl Swept Away By Flood Buried Near Surulere Canal by kozmokaz(m): 10:47am On Jun 24, 2020
Growing up I was made to believe that of someone dies by drowning, they will have to bury him/her near the water ? How true is this ?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teenage Girl Swept Away By Flood Buried Near Surulere Canal by Nobody: 11:07am On Jun 24, 2020
kozmokaz:
Growing up I was made to believe that of someone dies by drowning, they will have to bury him/her near the water ? How true is this ?
Very true mate.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teenage Girl Swept Away By Flood Buried Near Surulere Canal by medTechworld(f): 11:08am On Jun 24, 2020
embarassed Continue to Rest in Peace embarassed

5 Likes

Re: Teenage Girl Swept Away By Flood Buried Near Surulere Canal by jerrybakermillz(m): 11:08am On Jun 24, 2020
Rip dear

2 Likes

Re: Teenage Girl Swept Away By Flood Buried Near Surulere Canal by MrMcJay(m): 11:08am On Jun 24, 2020
kozmokaz:

Very true.
Do you know that the bodies of more than 1,200 people who drowned in the Oke Afa canal in 2001 were buried just beside the canal?

Those arguing, you know more than the Lagos State Government abi?

In most cultures it’s widely believed that when someone drowned in a river he/she is “collected “ by the river goddess, so it’s now a property of the goddess, so if you want to take back the person’s corpse from her you have to appease her and seek her permission otherwise she will get angry and kill more members of that family holding her property until the corpse is exhumed and returned back to her.

Even Fela sang about it in his song "Water no get enemy".

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Teenage Girl Swept Away By Flood Buried Near Surulere Canal by Slawormir: 11:08am On Jun 24, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Too bad. May her soul rest in peace

I remember that year.
May God bless our mothers

My mummy go always dey warn me say if rain dey fall make i hide first untill the rain fall finish and the flood dry up before I begin go anywhere way i want go
Especially that year for primary school...she go warn me ehnn.

Now i realize she was actually protecting me from flood and death
Mehhnnn. We have only one true love and that is mother's love. I love you mom. Me must double my huzzle and buy you lexus Rx 350 before July ending

121 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Teenage Girl Swept Away By Flood Buried Near Surulere Canal by Edopesin: 11:08am On Jun 24, 2020
This is avoidable

Rip
Re: Teenage Girl Swept Away By Flood Buried Near Surulere Canal by Nobody: 11:08am On Jun 24, 2020
Lagos government should do something about their drainage system.

Rip to her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Teenage Girl Swept Away By Flood Buried Near Surulere Canal by Nobody: 11:08am On Jun 24, 2020

6 Likes

Re: Teenage Girl Swept Away By Flood Buried Near Surulere Canal by calculator123(m): 11:09am On Jun 24, 2020
Sad

1 Like

Re: Teenage Girl Swept Away By Flood Buried Near Surulere Canal by FeliciaOja(f): 11:09am On Jun 24, 2020
Y
Re: Teenage Girl Swept Away By Flood Buried Near Surulere Canal by arantess: 11:09am On Jun 24, 2020
kozmokaz:
utter bollocks!!
this practice is found mostly in africa

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teenage Girl Swept Away By Flood Buried Near Surulere Canal by freshkpomo(m): 11:10am On Jun 24, 2020
Nigeria and sad news be like street dog and Uzobo for junction...

Together we can make Nigeria better.

Say no to old leaders.

God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teenage Girl Swept Away By Flood Buried Near Surulere Canal by graciamore(f): 11:10am On Jun 24, 2020
Rip dear
Re: Teenage Girl Swept Away By Flood Buried Near Surulere Canal by okomile(f): 11:10am On Jun 24, 2020
RIP
Re: Teenage Girl Swept Away By Flood Buried Near Surulere Canal by FlatSkull: 11:10am On Jun 24, 2020
[s]
freshkpomo:
Sad news ever day..

For so many years now, many brave Nigeria soldiers have privately or publicly complained about the leadership of Burutai. They have all been killed, prosecuted, or jailed while the same problems they complain about continues unabated.

As we continue to suffer insecurity from ineffective Nigerian army, when will someone ask Burutai what's really going on?
[/s]why you dey spam everywhere?
Na because say you get enough likes and shares for that post abi??

Type RIP and get out

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teenage Girl Swept Away By Flood Buried Near Surulere Canal by gambia(m): 11:11am On Jun 24, 2020
May her soul rest in peace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Teenage Girl Swept Away By Flood Buried Near Surulere Canal by Muhylonaire(m): 11:11am On Jun 24, 2020
Lagos and flood
Re: Teenage Girl Swept Away By Flood Buried Near Surulere Canal by OgThanos: 11:11am On Jun 24, 2020
TheRealProphet:
Very true mate.
Are you saying even the family of the deceased won't be allowed by the community to claim her body? angry
Re: Teenage Girl Swept Away By Flood Buried Near Surulere Canal by kuntash: 11:11am On Jun 24, 2020
TheRealProphet:
Very true mate.

THE GOAL OF LIVING SHOULD BE ETERNAL LIFE AND NOT DEATH...

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Teenage Girl Swept Away By Flood Buried Near Surulere Canal by veykey: 11:11am On Jun 24, 2020
And if her picture had been brought to nairaland as a missing person, most people would have automatically assumed she was in a guy's house. RIP to the dead.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teenage Girl Swept Away By Flood Buried Near Surulere Canal by ukaface(f): 11:11am On Jun 24, 2020
TheRealProphet:
Very true mate.
why?
Re: Teenage Girl Swept Away By Flood Buried Near Surulere Canal by Mahsums: 11:12am On Jun 24, 2020
May her soul rest in peace
Re: Teenage Girl Swept Away By Flood Buried Near Surulere Canal by Essence20(m): 11:12am On Jun 24, 2020
Terrible
Re: Teenage Girl Swept Away By Flood Buried Near Surulere Canal by RedAlert08(m): 11:12am On Jun 24, 2020
U
Re: Teenage Girl Swept Away By Flood Buried Near Surulere Canal by Ventura1: 11:12am On Jun 24, 2020
RIP girl

Burying someone that drown besides the water bodies is just superstition, the proponents won't give any cogent reasons if probed. Will it stop future occurrences, absolutely NO!

Someone that drown in ocean, where will they be buried?

5 Likes

Re: Teenage Girl Swept Away By Flood Buried Near Surulere Canal by SirDanny7(m): 11:12am On Jun 24, 2020
TheRealProphet:
Very true mate.
so na here you dey since cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Teenage Girl Swept Away By Flood Buried Near Surulere Canal by ukaface(f): 11:12am On Jun 24, 2020
arantess:

utter bollocks!!
this practice is found mostly in africa
that's what makes it AFRICA.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can A Person In Their Twenties Have Angina? / Ladies Only! 5 Reasons Why Your Vagina Itches / Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.