Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,815 members, 7,827,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? (46287 Views)

"My Wife Is 21" - 60-Year-Old Kano Man Accused Of Marrying 11-Year-Old (Pix) / Man Who Accused A Pastor Of Marrying His Wife, Sets To Wed A New Lady / The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by avalon7(m): 11:15am On Jun 25, 2020
chinwezdasilva:
The fact is many think they will marry their current girlfriend or boyfriend but it doesn't work that way in naija the odd na 0.0001

If the odd is 0.0001 that means it is very likely
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by ubcandid(m): 11:15am On Jun 25, 2020
spiceadole:

I will detach and treat him as one of my younger brothers.

I can't be with a man I'm older than.
I am a first child..I have younger brothers who respect me & take instructions from me.
I cannot "open legs" or "bow" for a man in their age group.

are you working? you would still bow for a man in their age group
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by SavageResponse(m): 11:39am On Jun 25, 2020
Kennitrust:
She will become so old that you won't be able to avoid cheating on her.

Not advisable

Not always true
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by Kyra1(f): 11:43am On Jun 25, 2020
Haywhymido:
Make i register, frontpage material
Now that you've registered and it has gotten to the frontpage, what did you gain? smiley
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by Essence20(m): 12:10pm On Jun 25, 2020
Bahdsypha:

This is not true...there is no scientific basis for this
Women are not mentally more mature than men of this same age
Na just stupid archaic social concept..

Women enter adolescence earlier but boys catch up with them
A 19year old boy and a 19year old girl are the same biologically...entering puberty early and having secondary sexual characters is not a guarantee that the person is mature enough for marriage..The only thing that makes girls think they are more mature is that men...most times old men have start coming for them when they're young..

But It doesn't mean they're psychologically, mentally and biologically mature for marriage

That's nice,
But what are the criteria to be met before a man/woman is ready for marriage.
I believe a man should have a sustainable means of providing for the family before venturing into marriage.
That's not the case with women as it is not thier primary responsibility in marriage...
Or is it also an archaic social concept?
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by mrksquare: 12:15pm On Jun 25, 2020
heryourdayji:
If you do not learn a new competency or start ur side hustle during this corona period, you never lack time, you are simply not disciplined... It's not too late to start learning a new skill. Contact me for easy-to-follow pre downloaded Video courses on Data Science, Web Development, Java & Python Programming, Mobile App dev't(IOS &ANDROID)
The total size is around 115 gigabytes. It comes in a new 128gb flash drive.
Wha'sapp me @ 234(0)8 064 943' 297 for price
N/b: I will copy into a brand new 128gigs flash pay on delivery

how much for that of python ?
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by nickvanilla(m): 12:29pm On Jun 25, 2020
Bahdsypha:

So it's only to "open legs" and 'bow" that you plan to do in a marriage....how shameful

Do you think marriage is a servant-master affair?

I don't think you understand the concept of marriage at all, I would not wish for anyone I know to get married to you

That girl is very myopic. I know her type very well and I'll keep avoiding them like a plague. grin

1 Like

Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by IjawAboki007: 12:30pm On Jun 25, 2020
Get married to who is very younger than you because

1. She'll give you time to hustle hard with ease, no much demand etc you both can build up together

2. Naturally women gets older than men so if you get married to your age mate or above with time you might start looking outside because your wife is out of shape...... May God help us grin
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by eyizlive(m): 12:36pm On Jun 25, 2020
The odd is around 125. Too risky but anything, they say, is possible. All in all do what you think is best because no matter the age, the love or the understanding, you're still gonna have to work hard to maintain the marriage.
Btw, I'm playing J.Cole's forbidden Fruit and singing the hook...who sabi am?
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by hazard7(m): 12:49pm On Jun 25, 2020
I think 10000000000000 to 1 just like how leicester city won the premier league
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by Professorcplus(m): 1:00pm On Jun 25, 2020
ModestGal:

I'm saying the truth, when I was 15, 16,17,18,19 it was hard to come by people of that age with thesame intelligence like myself, it has nothing to do with maturity, for instance, we are talking, they would be saying things differently in a baby way.

Most of the times, I don't get to meet people in my age range with thesame intelligence level, not that they do not exist, just that I was not lucky enough. And usually people are matured generally after age 20, and if we are talking and someone is talking..... Sorry, I'm tired of typing, because I'm not sure you will ever understand.
But I just said the truth about my own life and people that I have met.
Really, this is rear @bolded I believe you are above that age but can you still marry a guy of your current age.
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by chinwezdasilva: 2:29pm On Jun 25, 2020
avalon7:

If the odd is 0.0001 that means it is very likely
in percentage
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by FRANKOSKI(m): 2:31pm On Jun 25, 2020
FOR MEN, SHE WILL LOOK LIKE YOUR SENIOR & IF YOU ARE NOT RICH...... NO RESPECT!!
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by Chibae4real: 2:43pm On Jun 25, 2020
Zombiekiller010:
My wife is a year older than me, she has never disrespected me or call me by my name even during courtship. (e ) in yoruba is always attached to my name.

Trust me, it is because you are responsible. i dated a guy that am older than, and sincerely i respected him cos i love him very much... but guess what? he frustrated all the relationship processes, he doesn't even have regards for me... he shouts at me but do apologize at times, he had mood swings issues too..., sincerely, i'm not the crying type; but he had made me cried on several occasions... whenever i thought about his actions towards me..., i went through emotional trauma....atlas! the relationship had ended now....though, it wasn't easy but i have to force my heart out of it! i deserve better! i don't think i'll ever date someone that i'm older than. Never again!!! Many other things too i can't state here! note that, I'm a working class lady and very independent!
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by Chibae4real: 2:49pm On Jun 25, 2020
FRANKOSKI:
FOR MEN, SHE WILL LOOK LIKE YOUR SENIOR & IF YOU ARE NOT RICH...... NO RESPECT!!

This is not always true! From my personal experience ...
i dated a guy that am older than, and sincerely i respected him cos i love him very much...infact, i'm ready to take bullet for his sake! but guess what? he frustrated all the relationship processes, he doesn't even have regards for me... he shouts at me but do apologize at times, he had mood swings issues too..., sincerely, i'm not the crying type; but he had made me cried on several occasions... whenever i thought about his actions towards me..., i went through emotional trauma....atlas! the relationship had ended now....though, it wasn't easy but i have to force my heart out of it! i deserve better! i don't think i'll ever date someone that i'm older than. Never again!!! Many other things too i can't state here! note that, I'm a working class lady and very independent

1 Like

Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by XshegzzyeeiX: 3:22pm On Jun 25, 2020
In as much as there's mutual respect, love and commitment, age should not be a barrier.
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by chigzypeace(f): 5:13pm On Jun 25, 2020
Too much sense dey worry you lol

Baba1234:
1. I am 32 , she's 23 , she says no probs we can marry in 3 yrs when she's ready...

2. She is 31 and she says now we can

I stopped talking to no2( that's all we do) and focused on no1, but I told no 1 I'll be praying abt what she said ,

It all depends on the story that sorrunds your reasons...it is possible I marry someone even older than me IF I see a future in her...I'm sorry I'm not looking for LOVE... Don't ask me why....I look for the person I can tolerate and at the same time tolerate me (I'm not so hard to handle though)

Chao
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by ModestGal(f): 12:08am On Jun 26, 2020
Professorcplus:

Really, this is rear @bolded I believe you are above that age but can you still marry a guy of your current age.
Nope, I need someone more intelligent and matured. When I'm angry, I go into seclusion (isolation) for long hours, an annoying state of quietness that it takes extreme calmness to get me talking and cheerful again afterwards. it would take a highly matured person to deal with that
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by gentleibraheem(m): 5:46am On Jun 26, 2020
ModestGal:

Nope, I need someone more intelligent and matured. When I'm angry, I go into seclusion (isolation) for long hours, an annoying state of quietness that it takes extreme calmness to get me talking and cheerful again afterwards. it would take a highly matured person to deal with that
And that is another misconception about maturity.
Maturity doesn't necessarily come with age but exposure amd mindset.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by ModestGal(f): 6:54am On Jun 26, 2020
gentleibraheem:

And that is another misconception about maturity.
Maturity doesn't necessarily come with age but exposure amd mindset.
It is not misconception, it is reality. Maybe you should try to be a realist. Because if you are right, then why do people say ''You are behaving like a child'' ''you are childish''. Its because some behaviours and some immaturity comes with the younger people and an older individual is usually more composed and more matured.

You talked about exposure, don't you know that the higher you age, the higher your level of exposure? This may not be true for 100% of people, but true with majority of people. Will you compare the exposure of a child in primary schools to that of someone in the university?

There's no how a 15years old person would be more matured and composed than a 30years old individual no matter how brilliant/intelligent he is. Of course, we have some exception, but that 30years old guy wouldn't be a mentally healthy individual or the 15years old boy is 1 in a million

Maturity, composure, wisdom grows with age

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by Professorcplus(m): 8:18am On Jun 26, 2020
ModestGal:

In this case, I think is about understand and tolerance which doesn't relate to age. Remember, someone can be mature and be intolerant about pretty issue like the one you stated. In my opinion, age doesn't necessarily count in this circumstance...

ModestGal:

It is not misconception, it is reality. Maybe you should try to be a realist. Because if you are right, then why do people say '' You are behaving like a child'' ''you are childish'' . Its because some behaviours and some immaturity comes with the younger people and an older individual is usually more composed and more matured.

There's no how a 15years old person would be more matured and composed than a 30years old individual no matter how brilliant/intelligent he is. Of course, we have some exception, but that 30years old guy wouldn't be a mentally healthy individual or the 15years old boy is 1 in a million

So, if I get you well, it's only someone above your age that is likely to match your intelligent and will be more mature? In my opinion I disagree. The truth is that our experience is subjective and I perceive you talk from your personal experience.

Let's look at this another way. A 30 year old individual may try act mature amidst younger ones who hold him with higher respect. But that same 30 year old individual whom doesn't have the respect of his peers will never be acknowledged or taken serious because to his peers, they are all equal and he doesn't have the requirement they used as base ground for respect. So while a 30 year old individual will always be disrespected and classified as immature among his peers as in this scenario, he will be highly respected among little ones of 15 years if not because of anything it will be because of age.

So, if I guess properly, you have always been among peers whom doesn't hold you respectable enough because to them, you don't have the qualifications to be respected among them, so they always see you as imature (at least to them) whereas, older peers who value you for what you have acknowledged you and give you respect.

So invariably, there might be a guy with the same age bracket somewhere whom share these same experiences with you. Does that means that, the guy should look for older ladies. In my opinion, it's about someone that values you, understands you and give you respect which can be your age bracket or below...
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by spiceadole: 12:41pm On Jun 26, 2020
ubcandid:

are you working? you would still bow for a man in their age group

I'm working..
That is a different scenario.

Men bow to their female bosses and take instructions from them.
And not from their wives.
You see the difference?
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by spiceadole: 12:43pm On Jun 26, 2020
Bahdsypha:

So it's only to "open legs" and 'bow" that you plan to do in a marriage....how shameful

Do you think marriage is a servant-master affair?

I don't think you understand the concept of marriage at all, I would not wish for anyone I know to get married to you

Lol..Sorry ..Your wishes came too late.
The shame is for you and your sisters.
I'm married with 2 kids.
I couldn't have married my kid brothers' age mate ..

Opening legs...Yes...Sex is part of marriage.
Some even start from relationship.
Bowing...Submission and respect...Isn't it part of marriage too?
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jun 26, 2020
ModestGal:

It is not misconception, it is reality. Maybe you should try to be a realist. Because if you are right, then why do people say ''You are behaving like a child'' ''you are childish''. Its because some behaviours and some immaturity comes with the younger people and an older individual is usually more composed and more matured.

Both of you are right. You become mature by age or counsel
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by heryourdayji: 9:51am On Jun 27, 2020
kingmurainah:

How much is it
Depends on location.. Since I'm delivering to ur doorstep. Whatsapp me for more details
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by heryourdayji: 9:54am On Jun 27, 2020
mrksquare:

how much for that of python ?
20k normally. What's ur budget?
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by havilla(f): 10:14am On Jun 27, 2020
Nothing wrong in marrying someone close to your age but I tend to notice I normally have a friendship vibe with people closer to my age and more romantic chemistry with more age gap as long as it doesnt exceed 10 years.
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by mrksquare: 9:55am On Jun 28, 2020
heryourdayji:
20k normally. What's ur budget?

Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by Nobody: 7:15am On Jul 02, 2020
Limitless72:

You talk like a kid..
In tradition the woman is not older than the man. So keep your age one side because in the scheme of things those your younger brothers would be chosen to preside over matters that you can't, they can talk where you can't.

They are more powerful in societal things than you not to talk of your husband.

See you mouth like "they take instructions from me. I can't open leg for someone that I'm older than"..

You're a woman and you should know your place in tradition. You can't be more than your husband, nah em go come pay your dowry, nah em you go kneel down give palm wine, nah em name you go answer. So woman of age or toxic femininity, keep your age in the gutter and face reality

Wooooooow!

See them.

Those men that when their wives have only females as kids they will marry another wife to have male kids
Females are not kids

Just look how he typed a woman cannot talk where men are talking. cheesy
Why cant she talk? Is she not human?

If she is older than her brothers they have to respect her. Simple!
So because she is a woman of which she didn't choose her gender, she should respect all younger men.
Rubbish!!!
Typical yoruba mentality.
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by FRANKOSKI(m): 9:57pm On Jul 24, 2020
Chibae4real:

This is not always true! From my personal experience ...
i dated a guy that am older than, and sincerely i respected him cos i love him very much...infact, i'm ready to take bullet for his sake! but guess what? he frustrated all the relationship processes, he doesn't even have regards for me... he shouts at me but do apologize at times, he had mood swings issues too..., sincerely, i'm not the crying type; but he had made me cried on several occasions... whenever i thought about his actions towards me..., i went through emotional trauma....atlas! the relationship had ended now....though, it wasn't easy but i have to force my heart out of it! i deserve better! i don't think i'll ever date someone that i'm older than. Never again!!! Many other things too i can't state here! note that, I'm a working class lady and very independent
I feel for u

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

20 Pictures Last Borns Of A Typical Nigerian Family Can Relate To / In Response To A Previous Thread Created By Amara Okafor / My Wife Still Asks Her Ex For Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.