Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,715 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Gcam Vs Iphone Camera - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gcam Vs Iphone Camera (5226 Views)

Redmi Note 10S GCAM Vs Iphone Xs Mas Camera / Which Android Phone Camera Can Be Compared To Iphone Camera / Xiaomi Mi A3 Unboxing, Review & Price. Mi A3 + GCAM Vs iPhone 11 Pro Camera (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gcam Vs Iphone Camera by Yaronorthside: 10:49am On Jun 24, 2020
Please let's settle this, don't be biased which do you think is better, photography guys come in

1 Like

Re: Gcam Vs Iphone Camera by Edopesin: 11:05am On Jun 24, 2020
Gcam can only dream

3 Likes

Re: Gcam Vs Iphone Camera by chariisGRACE(m): 11:35am On Jun 24, 2020
Which of the GCAM are we talking about here? Is it the one in Google Pixel or the ones ported to other Android devices?

1 Like

Re: Gcam Vs Iphone Camera by Yaronorthside: 11:37am On Jun 24, 2020
chariisGRACE:
Which of the GCAM are we talking about here?
Is it the one in Google Pixel or the ones ported to other Android devices?
Gcam ported to others phones
Re: Gcam Vs Iphone Camera by chariisGRACE(m): 11:40am On Jun 24, 2020
Yaronorthside:
Gcam ported to others phones
iPhone's got this. Don't forget iPhones are flagship. Some Flagship Android devices will edge an iPhone to the corner.

3 Likes

Re: Gcam Vs Iphone Camera by Stevengold(m): 11:41am On Jun 24, 2020
Edopesin:
Gcam can only dream

I use gcam on my android Xioami mi a3, people keep asking if it's iPhone I'm using, I've even jokenly told someone it's iPhone 11 camera and the person believed. So before u comment, just make a little research or inquiry.

24 Likes

Re: Gcam Vs Iphone Camera by Edopesin: 11:48am On Jun 24, 2020
Stevengold:

I use gcam on my android Xioami mi a3, people keep asking if it's iPhone I'm using, I've even jokenly told someone it's iPhone 11 camera and the person believed. So before u comment, just make a little research or inquiry.

lols be enlightened
I've used both the gcam and the camera of the iPhone X and I tell you without any sentiment and doubt that the iPhone camera surpasses the gcam besides if you're smart enough you'd know that a hardware oriented image will produce better images than a software oriented one

mind you I'm not an iPhone fan so don't even think about it

8 Likes

Re: Gcam Vs Iphone Camera by nitt: 11:56am On Jun 24, 2020
gcam beats it hands down 4m experience.
Google pixel is the world's best camera smartphone

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Gcam Vs Iphone Camera by Stevengold(m): 12:06pm On Jun 24, 2020
Edopesin:

lols be enlightened
I've used both the gcam and the camera of the iPhone X and I tell you without any sentiment and doubt that the iPhone camera surpasses the gcam besides if you're smart enough you'd know that a hardware oriented image will produce better images that software oriented one

mind you I'm not an iPhone fan so don't even think about it

Bro, we're not fighting, your comment states that gcam can only dream, and I only debunked that statement.

No doubt, iPhone camera is dope, I've used iPhone 7 and 8 plus at least, True camera hardware plays an important role in quality, at least I've played with Leica and Zeis lens on Huawei and Nokia series, hardware plays an eminent role. But without the software to enhance those features, your camera will remain shady.

Gcam only enhances ur already built in camera lence, and makes it comparable to other flagship devices.

However if there be any Gcam for IPhone, then it's going to be a beast on photo.

Gcam ain't out of the league when it comes to what they do with ur camera lens. wink

12 Likes

Re: Gcam Vs Iphone Camera by Edopesin: 12:13pm On Jun 24, 2020
Stevengold:

Bro, we're not fighting, your comment states that gcam can only dream, and I only debunked that statement.

No doubt, iPhone camera is dope, I've used iPhone 7 and 8 plus at least, True camera hardware plays an important role in quality, at least I've played with Leica and Zeis lens on Huawei and Nokia series, hardware plays an eminent role. But without the software to enhance those features, your camera will remain shady.

Gcam only enhances ur already built in camera lence, and makes it comparable to other flagship devices.

However if there be any Gcam for IPhone, then it's going to be a beast on photo.

Gcam ain't out of the league when it comes to what they do with ur camera lens. wink

Sorry for lashing out
gcam is good no doubt but I don't think it is a match for iPhone's image processing

1 Like

Re: Gcam Vs Iphone Camera by Edopesin: 12:16pm On Jun 24, 2020
Even the iPhone 11 pro is said to be better than almighty pixel 4 and it's hardware backed gcam
Re: Gcam Vs Iphone Camera by zoeA: 12:50pm On Jun 24, 2020
Show samples of the two

1 Like

Re: Gcam Vs Iphone Camera by drjprince: 1:30pm On Jun 24, 2020
Edopesin:
Even the iPhone 11 pro is said to be than almighty pixel 4 and it's hardware backed gcam
it just started because Google messed up the pixel intially
iPhone dey learn work
Re: Gcam Vs Iphone Camera by Edopesin: 1:49pm On Jun 24, 2020
drjprince:
it just started because Google messed up the pixel intially
iPhone dey learn work

And the employee at the heart of the Camera's left the company
Re: Gcam Vs Iphone Camera by drjprince: 2:12pm On Jun 24, 2020
Edopesin:

And the employee at the heart of the Camera's left the company
yeah exactly. so that was it
Videography I'd give it to iPhone but they started being dominant in the camera aspect lately
Re: Gcam Vs Iphone Camera by Edopesin: 2:17pm On Jun 24, 2020
drjprince:
yeah exactly. so that was it
Videography I'd give it to iPhone but they started being dominant in the camera aspect lately

True sha

I'd still pick an Android anytime and any day sha
Re: Gcam Vs Iphone Camera by drjprince: 2:31pm On Jun 24, 2020
Edopesin:

True sha

I'd still pick an Android anytime and any day sha
grin you Sabi
The iPhone x am using would be leaving my hand next week
Back to Android xiaomi precisely

5 Likes

Re: Gcam Vs Iphone Camera by edoairways: 2:54pm On Jun 24, 2020
Stevengold:

Do you have any picture more like a sample?

2 Likes

Re: Gcam Vs Iphone Camera by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 24, 2020
Stevengold:

In other words, software can enhance thrash hardware ? Question.
Re: Gcam Vs Iphone Camera by OluwasureGig: 5:00pm On Jun 24, 2020
drjprince:
grin you Sabi The iPhone x am using would be leaving my hand next week Back to Android xiaomi precisely
make I buy the iPhone X from you. how much will you sell it to me
Re: Gcam Vs Iphone Camera by Baddestguyp(m): 5:18pm On Jun 24, 2020
Yaronorthside:
Please let's settle this, don't be biased which do you think is better, photography guys come in
sorry to say but this entire topic makes no sense...
Gcam is a software used on pixel phones and is ported to other android models...
The comparison makes no sense as gcam uses the phone hardware combined with other effects to enhance the picture produced by the phone...running gcam on redmi note 7 will be different from the one running on Samsung s10+ and thus far different picture results
There is also the gcam version, gcam settings, etc...

Also iPhones are broad...there are many iPhones, which exactly are you comparing with?

Next time specify something like this:
Gcam 7.0 on Samsung xyz Vs iPhone 11 pro camera...
That's a far better comparison

*Edited...
Gcam is pretty powerful tho...when ported it is usually unstable...I have gcam 7 on my rn7 and dumped it cos of that...but I acknowledge sometimes it does wonders...
It actually took a far better picture than a friend's iPhone xs max in a poor weather condition...but I believe the iPhone would beat it in probably some other conditions

All in all...no matter what people tell you...it's better to use a good flagship camera software made for a device than an unstable ported software like gcam

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gcam Vs Iphone Camera by walesho(m): 5:56pm On Jun 24, 2020
Baddestguyp:
sorry to say but this entire topic makes no sense...
Gcam is a software used on pixel phones and is ported to other android models...
The comparison makes no sense as gcam uses the phone hardware combined with other effects to enhance the picture produced by the phone...running gcam on redmi note 7 will be different from the one running on Samsung s10+ and thus far different picture results
There is also the gcam version, gcam settings, etc...

Also iPhones are broad...there are many iPhones, which exactly are you comparing with?

Next time specify something like this:
Gcam 7.0 on Samsung xyz Vs iPhone 11 pro camera...
That's a far better comparison

*Edited...
Gcam is pretty powerful tho...when ported it is usually unstable...I have gcam 7 on my rn7 and dumped it cos of that...but I acknowledge sometimes it does wonders...
It actually took a far better picture than a friend's iPhone xs max in a poor weather condition...but I believe the iPhone would beat it in probably some other conditions

All in all...no matter what people tell you...it's better to use a good flagship camera software made for a device than an unstable ported software like gcam

You sabi.... You get sense.
Re: Gcam Vs Iphone Camera by drjprince: 6:37pm On Jun 24, 2020
OluwasureGig:

make I buy the iPhone X from you. how much will you sell it to me
nah would give it to my girlfriend,shez been using redmi note 7 for over a year she don try..I would retire her redmi note 7 to my mum and give her the iPhone
Re: Gcam Vs Iphone Camera by seunfly: 7:04pm On Jun 24, 2020
Yaronorthside:
lol, without Gcam, many phones beat latest iphone hands down in camera and photography.
https://www.dxomark.com/category/smartphone-reviews/
Kindly note the.position of the latest iphone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gcam Vs Iphone Camera by KrazyDave16(m): 10:06pm On Jun 24, 2020
Having compared Gcam on my previous RN 7 to iPhone 11 Pro camera, I'll say Gcam beat it when the right configs were applied.
Without the config files set, iPhone camera was superior in some areas, especially in portrait and low light shots.
Daylight shots iPhone 11 Pro camera wins but the DCI-P3 color spectrum enabled on Gcam, saw no difference
Re: Gcam Vs Iphone Camera by Kenneth205(m): 6:24am On Jun 25, 2020
KrazyDave16:
Having compared Gcam on my previous RN 7 to iPhone 11 Pro camera, I'll say Gcam beat it when the right configs were applied.
Without the config files set, iPhone camera was superior in some areas, especially in portrait and low light shots.
Daylight shots iPhone 11 Pro camera wins but the DCI-P3 color spectrum enabled on Gcam, saw no difference

How can I get Gcam for my s10plus?
Re: Gcam Vs Iphone Camera by KrazyDave16(m): 6:48am On Jun 25, 2020
Kenneth205:

f.celsoazevedo.com /file/ gcamera/ MGC_6.1.021_BSG_Arnova_TlnNeun_V1.3.030119.0645.apk
Remove the spaces and try it out (I presume you have the snapdragon variant)
Re: Gcam Vs Iphone Camera by skywalker240(m): 7:19am On Jun 25, 2020
I dont know how those apple guys does it, but both are superb.

4 Likes

Re: Gcam Vs Iphone Camera by Kenneth205(m): 7:38am On Jun 25, 2020
KrazyDave16:

f.celsoazevedo.com /file/ gcamera/ MGC_6.1.021_BSG_Arnova_TlnNeun_V1.3.030119.0645.apk
Remove the spaces and try it out (I presume you have the snapdragon variant)

No
Re: Gcam Vs Iphone Camera by Ansufati: 7:45am On Jun 25, 2020
when it comes to photography nothing beats huawei. Especially their night mode cheesy
Gcam is good but I prefer stock camera for rear photo
and gcam for selfie
Re: Gcam Vs Iphone Camera by Ansufati: 7:47am On Jun 25, 2020
Kenneth205:

Check xda developers
Re: Gcam Vs Iphone Camera by Kenneth205(m): 8:13am On Jun 25, 2020
Ansufati:

Check xda developers

Okay sir

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Earphone I Brought For 1k (pic) / My Lg G2 Screen Touch Saga / MTN Introduces True Talk+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.