Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

Workers Kick Against Salary Cut At NAMA - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Workers Kick Against Salary Cut At NAMA (13066 Views)

Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers / How To Get Trained As A Flight Dispatcher With NAMA / Nigerian Public Service Salary Structures? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Workers Kick Against Salary Cut At NAMA by GoldChest(m): 6:45am On Jun 25, 2020
Aviation unions have expressed their displeasure with the Nigerian Airspace Management Agency’s decision to slash the salary of workers in the month of June.

The union warned that the failure to pay full salaries to NAMA’s workers would amount to gross embarrassment, not only to the aviation industry but to the whole country.

It advised NAMA against the decision, promising that there would be grave consequences.

The workers made their stance known in a joint letter signed by the General Secretary of Nigeria Union of Air Transport Employees, Ocheme Aba, and the secretaries of the Air Transport Services Senior Staff Association of Nigeria, Association of Nigerian Aviation Professionals and Amalgamated Union of Public Corporations, Civil Service Technical.

The letter read in part, “Going forward, we are compelled to suggest that the management be properly guided on how to address issues that concern salaries of our members in the agency.”

The unions advised the agency to pay all salaries and entitlements to its members in full on or before June 29 or risk any action that would be taken to protect its workers

https://punchng.com/workers-kick-against-salary-cut-at-nama/

Re: Workers Kick Against Salary Cut At NAMA by GoldChest(m): 6:48am On Jun 25, 2020
A whole NAMA Want to cut salaries of workers at this difficult time

They must be mad

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Workers Kick Against Salary Cut At NAMA by tillaman(m): 3:35pm On Jun 25, 2020
Una own better na, atleast y’all didn’t get laid off, we never smell salary for this side since April but we thank God say belle no be show glass!! grin

Only if the reps and senators can forfeit their salaries for the rest of the year grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Workers Kick Against Salary Cut At NAMA by Apologize(m): 3:35pm On Jun 25, 2020
But IATA called on Nigerian Government to Support Aviation in the Face of COVID-19 Crisis.
Re: Workers Kick Against Salary Cut At NAMA by plunkhit: 3:35pm On Jun 25, 2020
This naija
Re: Workers Kick Against Salary Cut At NAMA by TwentyOnePilots(m): 3:35pm On Jun 25, 2020
cry

1 Share

Re: Workers Kick Against Salary Cut At NAMA by GemUnique(m): 3:36pm On Jun 25, 2020
Na wa ooo

And salaries of our law makers well protected
Nigeria which way

3 Likes

Re: Workers Kick Against Salary Cut At NAMA by RillJ(m): 3:36pm On Jun 25, 2020
Govt just want to set the pace in reduced workers' welfare
Re: Workers Kick Against Salary Cut At NAMA by aduweh: 3:36pm On Jun 25, 2020
a whole nama won cut salary...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Workers Kick Against Salary Cut At NAMA by bamasite2: 3:37pm On Jun 25, 2020
It is well
Re: Workers Kick Against Salary Cut At NAMA by NwaNimo1(m): 3:37pm On Jun 25, 2020
What a country..........and a former recharge seller has trillions given in gifts?

2 Likes

Re: Workers Kick Against Salary Cut At NAMA by pretydiva(f): 3:38pm On Jun 25, 2020
Every where for the country just dey shake

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Workers Kick Against Salary Cut At NAMA by Golan007: 3:38pm On Jun 25, 2020
Do you generate money for the country?

If so, simply declare.
Re: Workers Kick Against Salary Cut At NAMA by Darkharvest: 3:40pm On Jun 25, 2020
aduweh:
if nama plan to cut salary, wetin private sectors dem go do?

I know of some that have started.
Re: Workers Kick Against Salary Cut At NAMA by Darkharvest: 3:41pm On Jun 25, 2020
NwaNimo1:
What a country..........and a former recharge seller has trillions given in gifts?

My guy, Tunde is a baller. That's the situation we found ourselves.
Re: Workers Kick Against Salary Cut At NAMA by techmo(m): 3:44pm On Jun 25, 2020
undecided

Which airspace are they managing? Sensible Government always use PPP arrangements, but Nigeria must get lazy quota system civil servants

Re: Workers Kick Against Salary Cut At NAMA by Simplyleo: 3:45pm On Jun 25, 2020
Golan007:
Do you generate money for the country?

If so, simply declare.
Do they have to generate money for the govt?

If workers in all organisations are paid on the basis of the money they generate, pls how much is nafdac, prisons service etc generating?

4 Likes

Re: Workers Kick Against Salary Cut At NAMA by Simplyleo: 3:46pm On Jun 25, 2020
PrecioussB:
I don't know who will see this but please send me a mail and ask for my account details cry cry Lockdown is getting serious
Stop begging online.

Despite lockdown, hardworking youths are still doing something for themselves.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Workers Kick Against Salary Cut At NAMA by Jacku: 3:47pm On Jun 25, 2020
I'm wondering when the Airways will be open. I need to pay up through my GTBank *737# cos of a wedding I need to attend at Abj by 7 of July
Re: Workers Kick Against Salary Cut At NAMA by saraki2019(m): 3:52pm On Jun 25, 2020
Mhm
Re: Workers Kick Against Salary Cut At NAMA by LEOSZ(m): 3:54pm On Jun 25, 2020
So u want to cut there salaries that is not enough sef.... Shey this ppl don't have families ni?

Re: Workers Kick Against Salary Cut At NAMA by RapistOnBail: 3:55pm On Jun 25, 2020
cheesy cheesy
Re: Workers Kick Against Salary Cut At NAMA by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jun 25, 2020
First cut the bogus salaries and allowances of political office holders by 60%

Before we start thinking for civil servants

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Workers Kick Against Salary Cut At NAMA by valentineuwakwe(m): 3:58pm On Jun 25, 2020
Even the FG thought about idea during the early part of the lockdown. .some states governors even contemplate reducing salaries by half......This country is just something else, i support the workers!
Re: Workers Kick Against Salary Cut At NAMA by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 25, 2020
I go manage the half salary.My employer never pay me since April.I wish say sniper dey belleful I for don drink one bottle.My worm dey chop my intestine.Chei!
Re: Workers Kick Against Salary Cut At NAMA by Golan007: 4:08pm On Jun 25, 2020
Simplyleo:

Do they have to generate money for the govt?

If workers in all organisations are paid on the basis of the money they generate, pls how much is nafdac, prisons service etc generating?

So where is the money really meant to come from?

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want To Switch Back To My Profession But I'm Confused. Help! / Share Your First Day At Work Experience. / Only 20 Out Of 85 Directors Passed Perm Sec Promotion Exams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.