Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,004 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? (60605 Views)

“So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife / Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) / See The Snake That Swallows Neighbour's Eggs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 25, 2020
Mod, please help me move this to front page

I bought this crate of eggs not less than 2 weeks ago and after 5days the eggs started to change and on the 9th day this is the nature of the eggs. Am totally confused but my friend is suggesting that it could be because I covered it, and yesterday I saw the woman that sold to me and complained to her but she was surprised saying the remainder of the eggs is still here and nothing has happened to them.

Please I need answers because I bought a crate to save money.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jun 25, 2020
Photos

2 Shares

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jun 25, 2020

1 Like

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by helinues: 12:27pm On Jun 25, 2020

You put the eggs inside the bucket and covered it?

Are you incubating the eggs?

900 Likes 33 Shares

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Snipper007: 12:27pm On Jun 25, 2020
Contact with water or moisture

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Lavisha(f): 12:28pm On Jun 25, 2020
They're about to hatch!

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Beremx(f): 12:29pm On Jun 25, 2020
The eggs are sweating na. grin

Better fry or boil them to avoid loss

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Rayd502(m): 12:30pm On Jun 25, 2020
That's no way to store eggs...You have to allow them breath or you store in a refrigerator.

260 Likes 12 Shares

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by LabuleofNigeria: 12:32pm On Jun 25, 2020
Poor storage condition.

Eggs are best stored in ventilated places like crates, trays etc, not in covered buckets. grin
Why dont you store it in fridge ?

260 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Madmohamed419(m): 12:40pm On Jun 25, 2020
Osmotouch:
Photos
med in China

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by meum: 12:40pm On Jun 25, 2020
U suffocate the eggs na. grin
The egg(s) be like "I can't breath" grin

There's a reason eggs have that air pocket. You should have stored it in a well ventilated place.

Osmotouch:

Please now the egg is in this condition is it still healthy to be eaten?
Break each egg into a plate to see if it's still fresh. If it's fresh the yolk should still be intact with no foul smell. If that isn't the case throw them away.

126 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Freestainworld(m): 12:42pm On Jun 25, 2020
helinues:

You put the eggs inside the bucket and covered it?

Are you incubating the eggs?
exactly what I was thinking, he may have been a scientist.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jun 25, 2020
Osmotouch:
Photos

Please now the egg is in this condition is it still healthy to be eaten?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 12:46pm On Jun 25, 2020
Op set your refrigerator to 4 degrees Celsius

Put your eggs into refrigerator.

This is only way u can keep your eggs fresh!

Eggs too are perishable food items, so consume as quick as possible, while doing that apply FIFO.

Never put your eggs in a bucket whether covered (as in your case) or uncovered,
Put them in crates designed for them.

The saying putting all eggs in basket not bucket, because they know basket has holes in them to allow the eggs breathe

105 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by fineboynl(m): 12:48pm On Jun 25, 2020
eggs are living cells that needed oxygen. the hard shell you are seeing has a very tiny opening your naked eyes cannot see. only a microscope lens can spots the tiny holes. that where oxygen get into the cells inside the eggs. once the oxygen is cut off. the cells dead from heat and suffocation. then nature start it cause of decaying.

also egg tend to get spoiled so easily during raining season because of high relative humidity. from the photo you provide. heat can hold alot of water vapour in the air. and there is water condensation inside the container cause by very high relative humidity and cold outside the container which the heat release it condensation inside. that is exactly the culprit.

180 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by fineboynl(m): 1:04pm On Jun 25, 2020
Osmotouch:
Mod, please help me move this to front page

I bought this crate of eggs not less than 2 weeks ago and after 5days the eggs started to change and on the 9th day this is the nature of the eggs. Am totally confused but my friend is suggesting that it could be because I covered it, and yesterday I saw the woman that sold to me and complained to her but she was surprised saying the remainder of the eggs is still here and nothing has happened to them.
Please I need answers because I bought a crate to save money.
don't buy many egg during raining season. I have been avoiding buying a crate since last 2 months. eggs are best stored in dry season.

1 Like

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by dominique(f): 1:14pm On Jun 25, 2020
When you saw steam in the bucket, you should have known something is not quite right with eggs. Warm moisture spoils a lot of foods, that's why foods spoil faster when the weather is hot and humid compared to when it's chilly. Just one bad egg can damage every other egg in the pack (in this case bucket), so it's advisable to store the eggs in a way that they won't have contact with themselves. If you're going to store eggs in a bucket, make sure the place you put them is properly aerated.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by illicit(m): 1:30pm On Jun 25, 2020
Bad storage

5 Likes

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by SoftBillionaire: 9:48pm On Jun 25, 2020
Who knows?
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by NwaNimo1(m): 9:49pm On Jun 25, 2020

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by naijaguy1234(m): 9:49pm On Jun 25, 2020
Heat Heat Heat

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Slynation(m): 9:49pm On Jun 25, 2020
Heat.... Eggs needs cool fresh air naw

4 Likes

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by AristocraticMe: 9:49pm On Jun 25, 2020
One of the eggs is broken, so it contaminated the rest...........

13 Likes

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by handsomeyinka(m): 9:49pm On Jun 25, 2020
Corona virus.
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Theelders: 9:50pm On Jun 25, 2020
One egg was rotten already

3 Likes

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by habymi: 9:50pm On Jun 25, 2020
wen it's not kept in a place where there's fresh air, it'll spoil.

1 Like

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by FuckTheMod: 9:50pm On Jun 25, 2020
cheesy
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by GOFRONT(m): 9:51pm On Jun 25, 2020
Turkey egg..
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by Passionate888: 9:51pm On Jun 25, 2020
Probably stored in a hot/warm temperature.

1 Like

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by BREYZ: 9:51pm On Jun 25, 2020
You just suffocated the innocent chicks cheesy

8 Likes

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by kemicalreact: 9:51pm On Jun 25, 2020
I learnt the hard in school. I wasted about two crates of egg embarassed grin

1 Like

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? by OnyeObodo: 9:51pm On Jun 25, 2020
One of the eggs spoilt. You didnt notice on time... The mucous and decay now spread to the other eggs.

18 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady Reveals What She Saw Inside A #50 Egg Roll She Bought (photos) / Boy Almost Passes Out After trying To Eat 25k Naira Suya (vid) / Rice And Chicken Birthday 'Cake' Nigerian Parents Used To Celebrate Their Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.