Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,581 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) (34032 Views)

“So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife / ₦1,200 Tuber Of Yam In Ibadan (Pictured) / What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by Omicronvaccine: 11:10am On May 01, 2022
A Twitter user, Uncle Sarm has lamented after he discovered that the tuber of yam he claimed to have bought for N2500 at a market in Lagos, was rotten, IGBERETV reports.

He shared a photo of the yam with the caption;

"Make una see yam wey i buy 2500, i hate this Lagos"

https://twitter.com/Uncle_sarm/status/1520320826549153793?s=20&t=dDmPIR2NrmLd6PPH-LsyDw

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by ValCon888: 11:16am On May 01, 2022
I know that the country is hard. But buying a tuber of yam for N2500 is reckless stupidity.

Unless he has inflated the price and this is just another Twitter super story.

153 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by Stallionhorse: 11:18am On May 01, 2022
Who's fault is it?? Even a 3 month year old child in his mothers womb will know spoil yam before buying. Don't come here to blackmail one Innocent aboki..

60 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by ojun50(m): 11:22am On May 01, 2022
Welcome to lagos where rotten food is sold at every part of the local government.

The fufu i saw yesterday men

Wicked souls na him full lagos, only care about making money

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by Jostoman: 11:36am On May 01, 2022
Even some they always use rotten pepper to cook their stew. Some people are just too wicked

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by siofra(f): 11:38am On May 01, 2022
Hmm. But can't you tell rotten yam from good yam.

It's pretty easy.

Be careful of yams that are very black, always go for light brown coloured yams.

You can also feel the yams to know if it's bad but in this method, the yams will already be very bad before you know.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by Tokskob2008: 11:40am On May 01, 2022
ValCon888:
I know that the country is hard. But buying a tuber of yam for N2500 is reckless stupidity.

Don't be too quick to conclude he is lying bro, I bought a tuber of yam for #1,500 here in Ogun state some weeks ago and I'm sure it isn't going to be the same price in Lagos. Yams are really expensive right now, you need to see how the mallams were feeling very fly in the market. You price rubbish from them they won't even reply you anymore.

104 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by LeoDeKing: 11:58am On May 01, 2022
ojun50:
Welcome to lagos where rotten food is sold at every part of the local government.

The fufu i saw yesterday men

Wicked souls na him full lagos, only care about making money
Check very well, 98% of those wicked souls in Lagos are actually the economic migrants from the worthless barren land.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by Kriss216: 11:59am On May 01, 2022
A tuber of Yam N2500

This is ridiculous! Do we import yams in this country?

Na so one woman for my area dey pluck plantain for her compound and sell at exorbitant price.
Even bike riders and bus drivers dey increase fare during rush hour.

Nigerians are naturally greedy. Our own dey our body.

82 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by LeoDeKing: 12:01pm On May 01, 2022
siofra:
Hmm. But can't you tell rotten yam from good yam.

It's pretty easy.

Be careful of yams that are very black, always go for light brown coloured yams.

You can also feel the yams to know if it's bad but in this method, the yams will already be very bad before you know.
It's pretty easy because you know it.

What a man doesn't know is greater than him.

Dude obviously doesn't know all you have enumerated.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by hakeemhakeem(m): 12:02pm On May 01, 2022
I don't need anybody to tell me when to buy yam,I don't buy yam when the season is due and it come with high price

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by omowolewa: 12:07pm On May 01, 2022
So he didn't check the yam
Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by foryourminding: 12:12pm On May 01, 2022
[s]
LeoDeKing:

Console yourself Emeka, console yourself.

This has nothing to do with politics but since that's your greatest nightmare, lemme reiterate this so it keeps resounding to you.

Emeka will only be considered for vice in 2097.

Tinubu is the next president of Nigeria, after that, power goes back to the North, then SS. That's how it will continue till 2097 when Emeka might be considered for vice.
[/s]
2015 was the first time Afonja was allowed to bring a president of Nigeria and you voted the worst relic ever known to human leadership. And you think we will allow you decide again? Lol. cheesy cheesy

That decayed yam up there has more chances of being the president of America than Tinubu and his band of senile drug dealers and criminals coming close to Nigeria treasury ever again.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by GreatAdvice: 12:16pm On May 01, 2022
This young man either failed agric or has never been to a farm. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to know when yam is fresh or rotten.

Notwithstanding, I will advise him to still fry the yam like that and eat it. The fungus dioscorea prehensilis which is responsible for 90% of all diseased yam in west Africa also has antioxidants that prevents cancer and heart disease.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by LeoDeKing: 12:17pm On May 01, 2022
foryourminding:
[s][/s]
2015 was the first time Afonja was allowed to bring a president of Nigeria and you voted the worst relic ever known to human being and politics. And you think we will allow you decide again? Lol. cheesy cheesy

That decayed yam up there has more chances of being the president of America than Tinubu and his band of senile drug dealers and criminals coming close to Nigeria treasury ever again.
So you mean what 5% couldn't achieve in 2015 and 2019 will now be achieved.

Okay, let's see, but stop quoting me, I don't have time for inanities.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by foryourminding: 12:22pm On May 01, 2022
[s]
LeoDeKing:

So you mean what 5% couldn't achieve in 2015 and 2019 will now be achieved.

Okay, let's see, but stop quoting me, I don't have time for inanities.
[/s]
LMAO. Tell me when Yoruba have been allowed to choose president? cheesy cheesy

In 1996, you voted Abiola, na Chuma Nzeribe chase am commot. In 1999, we pitied you and selected Obasanjo for you while you were voting Olu Falae.

In 2007, we voted Yaradua. You were voting Ribadu and ACN. In 2011 we selected GEJ.

In 2015, you ran to Fulani and Northerners and teamed up to bring the most collasal disaster known in the history of government called Buhari.

As bad as Buhari is, his hands were never shaking in 2015. He wasn't senile and saying stupid things like your god Tinubu.

Well, since he's so good according to you, Thiefnubuu should be made king of Yorubaland. No more general suffering because some idiots love to vote on sentiments and religious sycophancy.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 12:28pm On May 01, 2022
hakeemhakeem:
I don't need anybody to tell me when to buy yam,I don't buy yam when the season is due and it come with high price

how do u know good yam? cos me 2 idk

2 Likes

Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 12:30pm On May 01, 2022
GreatAdvice:
This young man either failed agric or has never been to a farm. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to know when yam is fresh or rotten.

Notwithstanding, I will advise him to still fry the yam like that and eat it. The fungus dioscorea prehensilis which is responsible for 90% of all diseased yam in west Africa also has antioxidants that prevents cancer and heart disease.

how do one know a fresh good yam from rotten yam? I want to know cos I want to buy yam in d market on Tuesday

4 Likes

Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by Aystarz: 12:34pm On May 01, 2022
LeoDeKing:

Check very well, 98% of those wicked souls in Lagos are actually the economic migrants from the worthless barren land.

Nope, more than 20% of them are Yorubas. The Hausas still remain the only incorruptible tribe when it comes to retail business in Nigeria.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by Candidlady: 12:37pm On May 01, 2022
sad

Is this not the same Lagos people compare to Canaan land lipsrsealed undecided

Flows with milk and honey

Overrated state

1 Like

Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by helinues: 12:37pm On May 01, 2022
Always shine your eyes well well in Lagos

grin

3 Likes

Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by Realists(m): 12:38pm On May 01, 2022
ValCon888:

No Refund after payment, they say.

1 Like

Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by iampeterben(m): 12:38pm On May 01, 2022
Bros why are you displaying your foolishness online. You are the cause of your loss.

1 Like

Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 01, 2022
Lol
Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by Sixfiguresmart(m): 12:40pm On May 01, 2022
True.

They are very quick to trash-talk you. Rather than paying attention to the plight of the man, they will create more psychological trauma for the victim.
Tokskob2008:

Don't be too quick to conclude he is lying bro, I bought a tuber of yam for #1,500 here in Ogun state some weeks ago and I'm sure it isn't going to be the same price in Lagos. Yams are really expensive right now, you need to see how the mallams were feeling very fly in the market. You price rubbish from them they won't even reply you anymore.

1 Like

Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by salbis(m): 12:40pm On May 01, 2022
The financial loss here is huge.
Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by greymiles: 12:40pm On May 01, 2022
Tokskob2008:

One tuber of yam for 1500
Are you trying to tell us you’re rich or that you’re dumb

3 Likes

Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by Cokahot: 12:41pm On May 01, 2022
I hardly even eat yam aside pounded yam with better vegetables, snail,fish,no beef for restaurant and pondo yam for house made food by me. Me sef don go buy expired chicken on a Sunday. Well I wasted 2k that day cos the following day e change colour for stew. My neighbours dogs always hail me cos me deu supply them left overs.

6 Likes

Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by flexyrule(m): 12:41pm On May 01, 2022
Nigerians!!!

The seller is probably aware of this.

He'll be smiling now and calling himself a "Sharp man"

Tommorow he'll condemn our leaders and speak I'll against internet fraudsters. Whereas, he himself is a thief and fraudster.

When I hear people say, to survive Lagos, you have to be smart... These are the type of things my mind goes to....

Smart indeed!

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Types Of Foods To Avoid If You Have Stomach Ulcers / 6 Foods Not To Order On A First Date With A Nigerian Man / What Is The Yoruba Name For Milk Thistle Leaves And Dandelion Leaves?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.