Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

“So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife (30507 Views)

What Even Is This Mess - Caucasian Man Rejects His Nigerian Wife’s Pounded Yam / Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) / What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

“So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by GistMedia0: 1:06pm On Apr 18
In a viral video circulating on social media, a cultural exchange turned into a moment of astonishment as a white man questioned his Nigerian wife about the process of making fufu, a traditional West African staple dish.

The video, which has sparked both amusement and debate online, captures the husband's candid reaction as his wife demonstrates the intricate steps involved in preparing fufu, a dish made from fermented cassava.

"So you eat rotten cassava?" the husband incredulously asks, his tone a mixture of surprise and skepticism. shocked

The wife, unperturbed by her husband's reaction, patiently explains the fermentation process that gives cassava its distinct flavor and texture in fufu-making, emphasizing its significance in Nigerian cuisine and culture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1COBFPIHQ5A

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by Sonnobax15(m): 1:10pm On Apr 18
cheesy
What's rotten there? Thank God say our belle no be show-glass...

93 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by brain54(m): 1:17pm On Apr 18
Is this the first time he is hearing of food fermentation...

How is cheese made?

Because it's Africa now it's primitive and rotten!

295 Likes 19 Shares

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by garriAndsugar: 1:18pm On Apr 18
Sonnobax15:
cheesy
What's rotten there? Thank God say our belle no be show-glass...

Lol.

Thank God oh if not the fried egg wey I use drink garri for dey show like this.😂

27 Likes

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by Dottore: 1:18pm On Apr 18
Ok
Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by GanagiBitrus: 1:20pm On Apr 18
Ignorant Oyibo, who doesn't know that wine is also from rotten fermented juice. cheesy

100 Likes 5 Shares

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by Unclebayo(m): 1:26pm On Apr 18
Them Don lock this one

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by Thundafireseun: 2:04pm On Apr 18

Truth be told jare …

Fufu smells so badly….

My kid bro who got married to an Igbo girl from IMO state since 2012 doesn’t eat Fufu just because of the awful smell

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by Kobicove(m): 2:49pm On Apr 18
He should go and sit his ass down, fufu is not the only type of food that is prepared through a fermentation process undecided

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by MrBONE2(m): 2:53pm On Apr 18
Thundafireseun:

Truth be told jare …

Fufu smells so badly….

My kid bro who got married to an Igbo girl from IMO state since 2012 doesn’t eat Fufu just because of the awful smell

grin

104 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by Thundafireseun: 2:57pm On Apr 18
MrBONE2:

grin

Lol 😆😆😆

8 Likes

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by AbuTwins: 3:29pm On Apr 18
grin

Fermented fufu!

It's been a while I chop this swallow!

I love the way those locals dey roll am between hands ehn!

But why the mother no fit cover body? The hubby is cuckold?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by Shurtman79(m): 3:29pm On Apr 18
Don't blame him after all he has never experience such before tongue

8 Likes

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by millionboi2: 3:30pm On Apr 18
Thundafireseun:

Truth be told jare …

Fufu smells so badly….

u no know wetin you dey miss,fufu makes you live longer.

1 Like

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by GoldenJAT(m): 3:30pm On Apr 18
Our own very Fufs!

3 Likes

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by Ndubuisipaul1: 3:30pm On Apr 18
Let's not be sentimental . It's hard to eat food from people from other countries. When I perceive the aroma of Indian food my stomach turn. It was awful.

Even as a Nigerian you can't even eat some Hausa people food . The reason is because you are not from Hausa
Abeg make una stop to dey drag the guy...

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by Bulldozer90: 3:30pm On Apr 18
You mean Akpu?

1 Like

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by Honestey: 3:30pm On Apr 18
She can't do without Akpu, AKPUGA people

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by AOB1: 3:32pm On Apr 18
grin
Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by 10thTenthMan: 3:32pm On Apr 18
GanagiBitrus:

Ignorant Oyibo, who doesn't know that wine is also from rotten fermented juice. cheesy

Even Yogurt is fermented milk.

So is Cheese that they love so much. In France the Cheese section in Supermarkets stink too.

And Kimchi too.

And Pickles.

And Sauerkraut.

And .... (Does he want me to go on?)

cheesy

He doesn't know what he is missing. That meal is filled with probiotics. Add the vegetables from the complimenting soup and you are adding like 10 years to your life span. smiley

Himneva C. Somtin (2024)

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by Mrchippychappy(m): 3:32pm On Apr 18
brain54:

How is cheese made?

Bro the stench that these people's food emit ehn? Cheese and vinegar, smells like the under arm of pesin wey never bath for weeks!

16 Likes

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by Uhreme: 3:32pm On Apr 18
So the white man drinks fermented starch as alcohol ?

Narrow minded and primitive white man

5 Likes

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by Angelfrost(m): 3:32pm On Apr 18
SMH... There's a difference between fermentation and decay.

I would expect an educated person to make this clear distinction especially when it comes to food processing.

Abi the idiot doesn't eat cheese or tofu?!!

I'm even certain he drinks alcoholic beverages too.

Ignorance truly knows no tribe or race.

6 Likes

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by kennyz247(m): 3:32pm On Apr 18
One of the best and most healthy food in Nigeria for the poor masses

1 Like

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by noble2faith(m): 3:32pm On Apr 18
brain54:

How is cheese made?

Don't mind the mumu🙄

4 Likes

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by santaclaws: 3:33pm On Apr 18
It's fermented, not rotten, same process involved in making beer, yoghurt or cheese and they consume those A LOT!

The white dude is just an average ignoramus from the west. They lack cultural awareness and make reckless comments.

16 Likes

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by Kharol1234: 3:33pm On Apr 18
lucky man, he doesn't no what he is missing
Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by blackmantis: 3:33pm On Apr 18
She should have replied "and you drink rotten barley"

1 Like

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by EmmyMaestro(m): 3:34pm On Apr 18
Thundafireseun:

Truth be told jare …

Fufu smells so badly….

Yes o, the smell de fight with airfreshner

millionboi2:
u no know wetin you dey miss,fufu makes you live longer.

Issit only longer? Next thing we'll hear is that it improves performance in za oza room

3 Likes

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by Raskimonojendor: 3:35pm On Apr 18
Do people actually eat rotten cassava? That's a big lie. I know fufu is well cooked after soaking then boiling them in a pot of boiling water and garri is air fried.

3 Likes

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by bewla(m): 3:35pm On Apr 18
No
Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by dreamwords: 3:36pm On Apr 18
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can You Pass This Food Safety Quiz? (Photos) / Efirin/scented Leaf Soup / A Post For Nigerians Who Love Food, By Nigerians Who Love Food(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.