Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,402 members, 7,853,782 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:35 AM

This Is The Exact Problem With APC's Decisions In Today's NEC Meeting. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is The Exact Problem With APC's Decisions In Today's NEC Meeting. (2162 Views)

More Photos: Buhari, Osinbajo, Oshiomhole, Tinubu, Governors At NEC Meeting / Akpabio Strikes Senate Presidency Deal With APC, 10 Lawmakers To Defect With Him / Ahmed Aluko Storms Out Of NEC Meeting, Joins APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is The Exact Problem With APC's Decisions In Today's NEC Meeting. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 25, 2020
All the decisions taken today by APC at it's NEC meeting were very excellent and fantastic.

But there's a big problem...a potential litigation (court case) issue - the illegality of the meeting. It was convened by only 1 out of 20 CONVENTION ELECTED, AUTHENTIC, RECOGNISED NWC members, and the convener is:
1. Even no longer a member of the NWC,
2. Under suspensiion from his state chapter,
3. Under restraint from court, and
4. Even if these 3 above were not so, he's not the proper person to send out invitations for NEC meetings, that's the specific job of the National Secretary.

If anybody takes this issue to court, it is a very straight case - all the decisions are great but null and void! Mark my words!
Honestly, the President should have ordered the appropriate authority to convene the meeting, so simple!

I see court case loading. cool

And in any case, this is a very dangerous precedent (including for even other political parties), that anyone - legal authority or not, can just wake up and singlehandedly, without all other commitee members, convene the highest and most important national meeting of a political party illegally and people will attend the meeting and take binding decisions, what a horrific shame!! Honestly!

It's so unfortunate that daft illiterates are ruling us.

Anyway, rright now, the solution is quite simple:
They should revert to status quo (temporarily), then tell the appropriate authorities to reconvene the meeting and then simply repeat these laudable decisions. Otherwise all they did today might end up an exercise in futility. This is my humble take.

But...
...it's easier said than done.
I'm even sure that right now, some of you are looking at me laughing and are like: E be like say this bros dey sabi dream well well o grin, bros abeg wake up jorr gringringrin

Well, let's wait and see what happens in the coming days.

5 Likes

Re: This Is The Exact Problem With APC's Decisions In Today's NEC Meeting. by IamPatriotic(m): 3:50pm On Jun 25, 2020
Some people may not see the sense in this, OP, kudos to you. We'll understand the importance of adhering to the right approach in the coming days.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is The Exact Problem With APC's Decisions In Today's NEC Meeting. by wizzie001(m): 3:52pm On Jun 25, 2020
A clear cut case(bankable) indeed... but in the president's address, he has warned all interested party to withdraw court cases immediately, he further threatened there will be consequences if they fail to adhere.

The question is....... who will want to go against the president's directive in this era of lawlessness? When the court has gone to the dogs?

5 Likes

Re: This Is The Exact Problem With APC's Decisions In Today's NEC Meeting. by seanfer(m): 3:53pm On Jun 25, 2020
The OP has explained the illegality of what happened today. But I’m sure all the party officials want lasting solution to the fracas.
Hope this decision will make them all work together for the betterment of their party and the country at large.
Re: This Is The Exact Problem With APC's Decisions In Today's NEC Meeting. by White007(m): 3:53pm On Jun 25, 2020
BREAKING NEWS: A House built in 2015 on falsehood collapses less than 5 years after. I said House, not Political Party oh.. grin
Re: This Is The Exact Problem With APC's Decisions In Today's NEC Meeting. by Eteka1(m): 3:54pm On Jun 25, 2020
The President threatened fire and brimstone for anyone that takes the Party to Court.

2 Likes

Re: This Is The Exact Problem With APC's Decisions In Today's NEC Meeting. by fergie001: 3:57pm On Jun 25, 2020
The President had said that he will ACT, I mean in the harshest terms if the decisions of NEC are tampered with.

All litigations withdrawn and ratifications done where necessary.

There might be some sense in what you are saying but the President has taken a stance, and his party members must queue behind.

1 Like

Re: This Is The Exact Problem With APC's Decisions In Today's NEC Meeting. by seanfer(m): 4:11pm On Jun 25, 2020
fergie001:
The President had said that he will ACT, I mean in the harshest terms of the decisions of NEC are tampered with.

All litigations withdrawn and ratifications done where necessary.

There might be some sense in what you are saying but the President has taken a stance, and his party members must queue behind.

Bro. The President acted as a true leader. The court declared POI as qualified APC member, The NEC ratified the Edo primary.
I think Obaseki should start planning on doing aggressive campaigns because APC will come hard on this election.

1 Like

Re: This Is The Exact Problem With APC's Decisions In Today's NEC Meeting. by Dansuqi: 4:13pm On Jun 25, 2020
seanfer:

Bro. The President acted as a true leader. The court declared POI as qualified APC member, The NEC ratified the Edo primary.
I think Obaseki should start planning on doing aggressive campaigns because APC will come hard on this election.

Gbam
Re: This Is The Exact Problem With APC's Decisions In Today's NEC Meeting. by Babzrockman: 4:18pm On Jun 25, 2020
President already warned against any legal actions... Even existing cases in court should be withdrawn
Re: This Is The Exact Problem With APC's Decisions In Today's NEC Meeting. by ORIENTATION101: 4:20pm On Jun 25, 2020
seanfer:

Edo will be fight to Finish .a consolation for The storm in Apc

1 Like

Re: This Is The Exact Problem With APC's Decisions In Today's NEC Meeting. by seanfer(m): 4:25pm On Jun 25, 2020
ORIENTATION101:
Edo will be fight to Finish .a consolation for The storm in Apc

I see repeat of Kano and Osun rerun happening in Edo.. Once the election gets to rerun then Obaseki should forget it.

1 Like

Re: This Is The Exact Problem With APC's Decisions In Today's NEC Meeting. by crestedaguiyi: 4:28pm On Jun 25, 2020
i see some people have resumed full duty on nairaland since their feeding bottle in threatened .

we know them

1 Like

Re: This Is The Exact Problem With APC's Decisions In Today's NEC Meeting. by ORIENTATION101: 4:31pm On Jun 25, 2020
seanfer:

I see repeat of Kano and Osun rerun happening in Edo.. Once the election gets to rerun then Obaseki should forget it.
re-run might not be likely. Cause ize iyamu and obaseki come from same zone. The votes will be likely 45-55% in favour of obaseki as incumbent. Edo central is also divided it can go anybody way.
Oshomole zone will decide the winner.
Obaseki is banking on his deputy shuaibu to deliver Edo north but it is unlikely.
Edo north will be clean sweep for Apc
Re: This Is The Exact Problem With APC's Decisions In Today's NEC Meeting. by Minjim: 4:34pm On Jun 25, 2020
wizzie001:
A clear cut case(bankable) indeed... but in the president's address, he has warned all interested party to withdraw court cases immediately, he further threatened there will be consequences if they fail to adhere.

The question is....... who will want to go against the president's directive in this era of lawlessness? When the court has gone to the dogs?

The president has no legal right to threaten anyone of any consequences when the APC constitution is written in black and white.
If some people feel left out in today's decision they'll go to court.
Las, las. APC will implode.

The president is the president of Nigeria not the president of APC.
He can't force his interest on the party.
Re: This Is The Exact Problem With APC's Decisions In Today's NEC Meeting. by seanfer(m): 4:36pm On Jun 25, 2020
ORIENTATION101:
re-run might not be likely. Cause ize iyamu and obaseki come from same zone. The votes will be likely 45-55% in favour of obaseki as incumbent. Edo central is also divided it can go anybody way.
Oshomole zone will decide the winner.
[b]Obaseki is banking on his deputy shuaibu to deliver Edo north[/b]but it is unlikely.
Edo north will be clean sweep for Apc

At the bolded... There is no certainty that Shuaibu will be Obaseki's running mate with the way things are going in the PDP.... Oshiomhole will win the North for APC with a big marging.. Ize-Iyamu is a grass-root politician and i won't be surprised if he wins the South... Some PDP bigwigs will not support Obaseki fully and there will be Protest voting against the party.
In all the Election will be interesting.

1 Like

Re: This Is The Exact Problem With APC's Decisions In Today's NEC Meeting. by fergie001: 4:39pm On Jun 25, 2020
seanfer:

SEANFER.....leave this people, I have told you severally.

Even though I know you are passionate about APC...the game is bigger than we are seeing.

The case has been taken to Court.

1 Like

Re: This Is The Exact Problem With APC's Decisions In Today's NEC Meeting. by Yebosola(m): 4:41pm On Jun 25, 2020
seanfer:

True talk, check comments from the days of this APC imbroglio, I warn the noise makers Edo is not Lagos on SM , from the response of Yaya Bellow, is not gonna b easy for Obaseki, Ize is not a pushover over, grassroot per excellence, with federal might behind him, uhmm
Re: This Is The Exact Problem With APC's Decisions In Today's NEC Meeting. by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 25, 2020
Turned out to be that I was right, the news just came out now that the NWC said they will head to court to challenge the infractions they noticed. See? I said it! I suspected that will happen and it's actually about to.
Re: This Is The Exact Problem With APC's Decisions In Today's NEC Meeting. by joyandfaith: 5:08pm On Jun 25, 2020
seanfer:

balanced comment
Re: This Is The Exact Problem With APC's Decisions In Today's NEC Meeting. by Upworkwriter007(f): 5:09pm On Jun 25, 2020
EmmaFantastic:
Turned out to be that I was right, the news just came out now that the NWC said they will head to court to challenge the infractions they noticed. See? I said it! I suspected that will happen and it's actually about to.
You're right here, there are so many illegalities in the build-up to this case, even the order that made Gaidom acting chairman cannot be honored by any right minded person,....this is exactly why INEC ignored his letter for the cancellation of EDO primaries........How can u extend a dead ex-parte order, he should have just applied for another one..... these things are legally strange....the president should have just called for a proper NEC meeting and dissolved the NWC there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is The Exact Problem With APC's Decisions In Today's NEC Meeting. by sterlingD(m): 5:15pm On Jun 25, 2020
Babzrockman:
President already warned against any legal actions... Even existing cases in court should be withdrawn
But will they take heed.Let us sit back watch and see .Meanwhile another court case is brewing.The link below

https://www.nairaland.com/5950676/oshiomole-led-nwc-heads-court-over
Re: This Is The Exact Problem With APC's Decisions In Today's NEC Meeting. by Upworkwriter007(f): 5:16pm On Jun 25, 2020
sterlingD:

But will they take heed.Let us sit back watch and see .Meanwhile another court case is brewing.The link below

https://www.nairaland.com/5950676/oshiomole-led-nwc-heads-court-over
Exactly, i mean, what will the president do to them....APC is making the same mistake PDP made in Ogun state.
Re: This Is The Exact Problem With APC's Decisions In Today's NEC Meeting. by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 25, 2020
Upworkwriter007:

You're right here, there are so many illegalities in the build-up to this case, even the order that made Gaidom acting chairman cannot be honored by any right minded person,....this is exactly why INEC ignored his letter for the cancellation of EDO primaries........How can u extend a dead ex-parte order, he should have just applied for another one..... these things are legally strange....the president should have just called for a proper NEC meeting and dissolved the NWC there.
Simple! Very correct.
Re: This Is The Exact Problem With APC's Decisions In Today's NEC Meeting. by ORIENTATION101: 6:34pm On Jun 25, 2020
seanfer:

At the bolded... There is no certainty that Shuaibu will be Obaseki's running mate with the way things are going in the PDP.... Oshiomhole will win the North for APC with a big marging.. Ize-Iyamu is a grass-root politician and i won't be surprised if he wins the South... Some PDP bigwigs will not support Obaseki fully and there will be Protest voting against the party.
In all the Election will be interesting.
exactly obaseki actually had a deal with anti oshomole governors to decamp after winning in PDP, thats why PDP re billing him seriously cos they know he is not loyal.both obaseki and PDP re just doing eye service for themselves just like a lovepeddler and her client

(1) (Reply)

What Happened In Oyigbo / The Future Nations Of Nigeria / Buhari's Bad Market: Awka Based Businessman Removes Portrait In His Office- Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.