Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,204 members, 7,860,328 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:28 AM

APC NWC: How Buhari Ambushed NEC Members - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC NWC: How Buhari Ambushed NEC Members (27609 Views)

PDP BoT Rejects Interim Exco, NEC Members Told To Withdraw Resignation / Aggrieved NEC Members Ask Oshiomhole To Resign. / ANN Crisis Deepens As Nec Members Declare Factional Presidential Primaries Null (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC NWC: How Buhari Ambushed NEC Members by fatymore(f): 7:47am On Jun 26, 2020
Why is Apc having so much troubles
Re: APC NWC: How Buhari Ambushed NEC Members by RaptObserver: 7:47am On Jun 26, 2020
If he like Mek he armwater then

2 Likes

Re: APC NWC: How Buhari Ambushed NEC Members by leisuretym: 7:48am On Jun 26, 2020
grin Hausa people always act as if they don't know what they are doing but they know, we told Tinubu then, Buhari has clipped his wing now.

2 Likes

Re: APC NWC: How Buhari Ambushed NEC Members by Anambra1stS0n: 7:48am On Jun 26, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

“You mentioned the name of one of our leaders, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu,a founding father of this party. We are all together to rescue this party from all this, nobody is happy with the situation under which the party is now operating because we are in court for various problems and crisis, so this decision was taken by NEC to address some of this issues. So nobody is targeted and it is against nobody. Asiwaju is one of the leaders of this party and a founding father of the party”, Buni said.

After this, Igbos can still go ahead to masturbate
I understand your condition grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC NWC: How Buhari Ambushed NEC Members by ThatFairGuy: 7:49am On Jun 26, 2020
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Coming from Tinubu Nation newspaper, who takes them serious?
But you can take any other that say otherwise serious? Good morning popori
Re: APC NWC: How Buhari Ambushed NEC Members by ThatFairGuy: 7:50am On Jun 26, 2020
post=91082742:

I understand your condition grin grin
Mention ANY Igbo politician dead or alive that match Tinubu? I challenge you!

Meanwhile, Hope you still remember?

Re: APC NWC: How Buhari Ambushed NEC Members by slivertongue: 7:53am On Jun 26, 2020
I feared this would happen but APC zealots like senatordave1 urged osho baba to continue with his rascality.

1 Like

Re: APC NWC: How Buhari Ambushed NEC Members by Anambra1stS0n: 7:54am On Jun 26, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

“You mentioned the name of one of our leaders, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu,a founding father of this party. We are all together to rescue this party from all this, nobody is happy with the situation under which the party is now operating because we are in court for various problems and crisis, so this decision was taken by NEC to address some of this issues. So nobody is targeted and it is against nobody. Asiwaju is one of the leaders of this party and a founding father of the party”, Buni said.

After this, Igbos can still go ahead to masturbate

Always read before you type your rubbish

From Tinubu’s camp

“The President just came in with their recommendations. We thought they were going to throw issues open for debate as expected in a democratic setting but there was nothing like that.

“The plot was already signed and sealed to the consternation of everybody.”

“It was an ambush”, one of the party leaders at the meeting said.

1 Like

Re: APC NWC: How Buhari Ambushed NEC Members by Jay31: 7:54am On Jun 26, 2020
joyandfaith:

do not mind those hailers
Ok Tinubu's men were not appointed. Can you find a better job to do now
Re: APC NWC: How Buhari Ambushed NEC Members by 49cents(m): 7:55am On Jun 26, 2020
The master strategist will shock buhari lol
Re: APC NWC: How Buhari Ambushed NEC Members by ThatFairGuy: 7:57am On Jun 26, 2020
post=91082910:

Always read before you type your rubbish

From Tinubu’s camp

“The President just came in with their recommendations. We thought they were going to throw issues open for debate as expected in a democratic setting but there was nothing like that.

I don't read but you quoted me based on excerpt I quoted. Joke on you.

Meanwhile, also explain this to me...
Re: APC NWC: How Buhari Ambushed NEC Members by Bendeco2020: 7:57am On Jun 26, 2020
Jay31:

Ok Tinubu's men were not appointed. Can you find a better job to do now

You yourself do you have job apart from defending tinubu and oshiomole online?

1 Like

Re: APC NWC: How Buhari Ambushed NEC Members by DennisEche(m): 7:58am On Jun 26, 2020
Mchew, was reading till I saw the nation newspaper as source
Re: APC NWC: How Buhari Ambushed NEC Members by basybasy: 7:59am On Jun 26, 2020
kahal29:
For me that was the best decision by the president. According to Thisday Newspaper it was a deft political move because there was no easy way out of the crises. The court litigations were just too much that if not by this president intervention the courts would have feasted on the party. However with this move by the president the whole issues in court has been brought to an abrupt end. Oshiomole and all those who feel aggrieved by the president decision should take it in good faith, learn the necessary lessons from it and plan better next time.
u have said it all my brother.
Re: APC NWC: How Buhari Ambushed NEC Members by jamalnation(m): 8:06am On Jun 26, 2020
definatly from the nation newspaper
Re: APC NWC: How Buhari Ambushed NEC Members by adenigga(m): 8:07am On Jun 26, 2020
Lostz:

Tinubu lost out but hailers will always look for something to hold on to.

it is now clear that Edo is not Lagos. common ward chairman retired oshomole.

You are blessed!!!

Lagos is in the pocket of Tinubu. It Will take the grace of God, for Lagosians to received their political independence.

2 Likes

Re: APC NWC: How Buhari Ambushed NEC Members by Bellotelli: 8:08am On Jun 26, 2020
For me giving room for debates at this critical stage will only result in more crisis in the party. Call it dictatorial or anything, but I think the President has done the right thing.
Re: APC NWC: How Buhari Ambushed NEC Members by AreaFada2: 8:09am On Jun 26, 2020
alezzy13:

Well it might be for the overall interest of the party, but it raises important issues:

Does PMB really have the power to unilaterally dissolve a duly elected national chairman and nwc?

Can he 'order' members to drop all pending cases?
The man overthrew democracy in 1983. What is ordinary NMC and one albino importing dark shadow midget? grin cheesy

Just because Bubu now wears Agbada does not make any difference. Democracy is just useless headache to him.

2 Likes

Re: APC NWC: How Buhari Ambushed NEC Members by Minjim: 8:10am On Jun 26, 2020
Certainly APC has allowed Buhari, who is senile to yield absolute power in the party.
The beauty of democracy is an healthy debate.
Adopting his proposals without any form of debate or contribution has given room for further grievances because that was solely his idea and plan he fostered on APC.
And in true democratic sense a president can't be the leader of a party in which he will also be a candidate contesting the election.
ANC was able to sack Jacob Zuma when he erred because the party is bigger than anybody.
We are not ready for true democracy in Nigeria. Our politicians only want corrupt democracy.
Oshiomole was repositioning APC to be equal to every member by adopting direct primaries. I am sure that process will certainly go with him now.
My advice is for him to go to court if he is incompatible. The law, so far, is on his side. Everything Buhari did yesterday has no legal backing either in Nigeria's constitution or APC's
Re: APC NWC: How Buhari Ambushed NEC Members by AreaFada2: 8:11am On Jun 26, 2020
RaptObserver:
If he like Mek he armwater then
I wonder o. Make them dey amforest each other and be shocked and electrocuted by their own shinanigans. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: APC NWC: How Buhari Ambushed NEC Members by surgical: 8:11am On Jun 26, 2020
alezzy13:

Well it might be for the overall interest of the party, but it raises important issues:

Does PMB really have the power to unilaterally dissolve a duly elected national chairman and nwc?

IT WAS THE NEC NOT BUHARI

2 Likes

Re: APC NWC: How Buhari Ambushed NEC Members by History555: 8:14am On Jun 26, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

I don't read but you quoted me based on excerpt I quoted. Joke on you.

Meanwhile, also explain this to me...

Oga easy high blood pressure is real. Tinubu does not know you

2 Likes

Re: APC NWC: How Buhari Ambushed NEC Members by adenigga(m): 8:15am On Jun 26, 2020
fatymore:
Why is Apc having so much troubles

It's simply because, APC is the amalgamation of strange bed fellows.

You can confirm this assertion by researching into how many political parties came into coalition hurriedly to form the party (APC), just to wrestled power from the then incumbent party without recourse to what will be their lot when the chips are down.
Re: APC NWC: How Buhari Ambushed NEC Members by ThatFairGuy: 8:21am On Jun 26, 2020
History555:

Oga easy high blood pressure is real. Tinubu does not know you
Shut that crap

Re: APC NWC: How Buhari Ambushed NEC Members by Nobody: 8:23am On Jun 26, 2020
Then, what is the impact of this news to growth and development.
Otitan!!!

Re: APC NWC: How Buhari Ambushed NEC Members by fergie001: 8:26am On Jun 26, 2020
dansuqi.....Please come read The Nation newspaper.

"We were shocked that there was no agenda. All the decisions purportedly agreed at the NEC session were from a meeting held on Wednesday by some anti-Oshiomhole governors and others.

Re: APC NWC: How Buhari Ambushed NEC Members by jaxxy(m): 8:28am On Jun 26, 2020
Lostz:

Tinubu lost out but hailers will always look for something to hold on to.

it is now clear that Edo is not Lagos. common ward chairman retired oshomole.

Putting tinubus men there was an intentional thing. How else do u catch a monkey if u don’t show it the coconut with the rice inside. It will run away.

The monkeys hand must remain inside the coconut.

I guess hailers don’t see it coming.

2 Likes

Re: APC NWC: How Buhari Ambushed NEC Members by AroleOduduwa2: 8:31am On Jun 26, 2020
I laugh at all these Ignoramus commentators, buhari is a master coup plotter, he is not dumb, he act at the right time.

2 Likes

Re: APC NWC: How Buhari Ambushed NEC Members by bizzibodi(m): 8:36am On Jun 26, 2020
What he did was a master stroke,every confusionist had been silenced,now they hav peace.who no like should GO & DIE!
Re: APC NWC: How Buhari Ambushed NEC Members by stickle(m): 8:39am On Jun 26, 2020
alezzy13:

Even thou the motions were moved by him, the decision is considered NEC decision.
The difference would have been if he had made those decisions outside NEC meeting.
Nigeria politicians are rubber stamp when president is involved
Re: APC NWC: How Buhari Ambushed NEC Members by ejimatic: 8:42am On Jun 26, 2020
I have carefully reviewed APC crisis consequent upon the dissolution of the NWC yesterday and my position is as follow: 1. Consequent upon the resignation of Segun Oni as the deputy chairman Ajimobi was chosen to replace him.Nomination of Ajimobi was neither approved by convention nor the NEC.Ajimobi had no legal right to call the NEC meeting neither Eta who was acting for him. 2 Many months ago a court ratified suspension of Oshiomole and made Gardom the acting chairman.Gardiom was a product of convention and in the absence of Oni Segun he was the next person produced at the convention who could fill the existing vacant of the South in the NWC.No wonder the judge made him acting Chairman for 14 days.However Oshomiole through another court secured his position. 3 When Gardom was going to contest in Rivers it appears no letter of resignation was given to NWC.It was a gentleman agreement among the NWC members.4 An appeal court weeks ago sustained the suspension of Oshiomole.5 Gardiom returned to the FHC to secure his renewal of the 14 day acting chairmanship which was granted.6 Within the 14 days he arranged for a NEC meeting which Oshiomole did not do for about 2 years now.7. The NEC dissolved the NWC and formed a caretaker committee. All court cases should be withdrawn by all members. 8 Ajimobi led group decided to go to court to challenge NEC decision. In view of the above the questions are 1 Was Gardiom qualified to act as the acting chairman? Answer YES He has a legal recognition to do so.If NEC had approved Ajimobi as the deputy chairman Gardiom would not have any opportunity again.2 Did Gardiom have the right to call for the NEC meeting ? YES. He was the acting chairman of the party legally.3 Did the NEC have the right to dissolve the NWC ? Answer is YES .The NWC is just a tool of the NEC and the party supremacy supecedes any interest. 4.Can a party member go to court again now? Answer is YES but such a member is going against the position and the interest of the party and will be dismembered. 5 Is there any wisdom of going to court ?Answer is NO party supremacy is the final .NEC has taken a decision already which is biding 6 Is there any provision for a caretaker committee? Answer is NO .However In a case of emergency a caretaker committee can be formed to salvage a peace threatening condition in a party Marafa vrs Sherrif SC judgement on PDP NWC tussle. 7.Did Oshiomole slacked by not calling for the NEC meeting to ratify Ajimobi new position as the deputy chairman ? Answer is YES...As soon as he was restored he should have called a NEC meeting for approbation of Ajimobi position...... APC case is a case of political calculation and miscalculation with the overtone of 2023 election.As for now the NEC decision is the best for the party.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gunman Arrested In Kaduna Found With A Brigadier-general's Complimentary Card / APC Caucus Sacks Ndume As Senate Leader, Names replacement / Fayose: Atiku, Northern Leaders Have Withdrawn Supports For Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.