Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:19 AM

Why We Shut Down Embassy Building In Germany – FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Shut Down Embassy Building In Germany – FG (27650 Views)

Fire Guts Canadian Embassy Building In Abuja / Nigerian Embassy Building In Congo DR Taken Over By Police, Hoodlums / Demolition Of Embassy Building: Ghana Will Face Consequences – Nigerian Reps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Shut Down Embassy Building In Germany – FG by ijustdey: 12:24pm On Jun 26, 2020
The Federal Government has said it shut down the building housing the Embassy of Nigeria in Berlin, Germany in order to allow thorough disinfection of the building.

In a statement on Friday, the Embassy said the move was necessary to guarantee the safety of its staff and the visiting public amid the coronavirus pandemic.

It dispelled reports that the building was shut down due to the non-payment of rent, stressing that the property belongs to the Government of Nigeria.

It said, “It has come to the notice of the Embassy of Nigeria Berlin, Germany an attempt to deliberately misinform and mislead the innocent and decent Nigerians resident in Germany and in other EU countries that the Embassy building in Berlin was shut down due to non-payment of rent.

“The Chancery Building in Berlin is the property of the Federal Republic of Nigeria from the first day. The reason for the temporary shutdown is to engage professional companies to sanitize and fumigate the building to make it safe and habitable for visitors and working staff due to the exigencies of Covid-19.

“The Embassy wishes to reassure all meaning Nigerians that it the shutdown is in deep consideration of the health and safety of staff and families visiting the Mission.”

https://punchng.com/why-we-shut-down-embassy-building-in-germany-fg/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Shut Down Embassy Building In Germany – FG by sLentlover7778(m): 12:32pm On Jun 26, 2020
Welcome development..

Shut down Aso rock too..

That building need spiritual and physical cleansing..

grin grin grin

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why We Shut Down Embassy Building In Germany – FG by IJOBA2: 12:35pm On Jun 26, 2020
THE FEAR OF IPOD YOOTS IS THE BEGINNING OF WISDOM cool

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why We Shut Down Embassy Building In Germany – FG by SmartProf(m): 12:36pm On Jun 26, 2020
Well the FG has issued their statement as expected...However, my adivse to Nigerians in the diaspora is that, if you see any Nigerian Embassy building this period, don't begin to dance around there feeling wow, na my country get this one. It appears the real owners of all our embassy buildings or lands are now inspecting their properties and taking actions. Don't be caught in between

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Shut Down Embassy Building In Germany – FG by RZArecta(m): 12:38pm On Jun 26, 2020
What is good for the goose should also be good for the gander, how many Nigerian embassy buildings worldwide were shut down for same disinfection especially in countries with high COVID-19 deaths like Italy, Brazil and Spain ?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Shut Down Embassy Building In Germany – FG by sLentlover7778(m): 1:14pm On Jun 26, 2020
IJOBA2:

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Shut Down Embassy Building In Germany – FG by mystery22: 1:17pm On Jun 26, 2020
grin fear of Ipob is the beginning of wisdom,and na Germany and USA them full pass.indonesia own na small thing..zoo country..

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why We Shut Down Embassy Building In Germany – FG by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jun 26, 2020
Have you seen my signature lately? cry
Re: Why We Shut Down Embassy Building In Germany – FG by Dobson43: 2:06pm On Jun 26, 2020
angry

Sounds fair.

1 Like

Re: Why We Shut Down Embassy Building In Germany – FG by Baba1234: 2:06pm On Jun 26, 2020
I'm glad it was shut down because from the video, the corona was already moving from the staircase and it was going through the reception and a fast thinking staff quickly took the thermometer imported from Nigeria to test the building...so my people bear with them...

Brother to the PA to the Ambassador

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Shut Down Embassy Building In Germany – FG by lordm(m): 2:07pm On Jun 26, 2020
T
Re: Why We Shut Down Embassy Building In Germany – FG by Kobicove(m): 2:07pm On Jun 26, 2020
We also need to shut down and fumigate Nigeria, cos the level of corruption in this country has reached epidemic level! angry

3 Likes

Re: Why We Shut Down Embassy Building In Germany – FG by OLDESTWARRIBOY: 2:07pm On Jun 26, 2020
Is it because of those Coonu people wey wan kill Ekweremadu last year? cheesy cheesy

Abeg make FG small small o

That Okpo for up go just dey, dey disgrace my name. Who no like credit Alerts?
Re: Why We Shut Down Embassy Building In Germany – FG by Roon9(m): 2:08pm On Jun 26, 2020
Hmm.... When will coro finally leave this earth!?

1 Like

Re: Why We Shut Down Embassy Building In Germany – FG by Coder2Client(m): 2:08pm On Jun 26, 2020
Huh
Re: Why We Shut Down Embassy Building In Germany – FG by money121(m): 2:08pm On Jun 26, 2020
Noted
Re: Why We Shut Down Embassy Building In Germany – FG by Killdemboth: 2:08pm On Jun 26, 2020
IJOBA2:

Good you know IPOB is feared by Nigerian Government.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Shut Down Embassy Building In Germany – FG by neurowale001(m): 2:09pm On Jun 26, 2020
Do you have a car � � � for sale?? ...

If yes,message me to have a good buyer....
We buy your car � � at a fair price ���...

*WE SMILE, YOU SMILE ...*

Whatsapp: 0.8.0.6.2.3..5.9.9.1.2...
��������
Re: Why We Shut Down Embassy Building In Germany – FG by realstars: 2:10pm On Jun 26, 2020
We Need To Shortdown All The Niperian Embassy For The Same Resson.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Shut Down Embassy Building In Germany – FG by positivelord: 2:10pm On Jun 26, 2020
I hope it has nothing to do with up coming New Yam festival..

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why We Shut Down Embassy Building In Germany – FG by sapientia(m): 2:11pm On Jun 26, 2020
who said it was rent before?

Does the person know what an embassy mean?
Re: Why We Shut Down Embassy Building In Germany – FG by Mindlog: 2:14pm On Jun 26, 2020
Most of Nigeria's Foreign Missions don't inspire Nigerians in those Countries.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Shut Down Embassy Building In Germany – FG by chukwuibuipob: 2:16pm On Jun 26, 2020
sad
Re: Why We Shut Down Embassy Building In Germany – FG by ayenale1(m): 2:17pm On Jun 26, 2020
So no one was accountable for demolishing Nigeria building in Ghana...weakest govt so far.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Shut Down Embassy Building In Germany – FG by somehow: 2:18pm On Jun 26, 2020
SmartProf:
Well the FG has issued their statement as expected...However, my adivse to Nigerians in the diaspora is that, if you see any Nigerian Embassy building this period, don't begin to dance around there feeling wow, na my country get this one. It appears the real owners of all our embassy buildings or lands are now inspecting their properties and taking actions. Don't be caught in between

is comprehension this difficult?

1 Like

Re: Why We Shut Down Embassy Building In Germany – FG by Evilgenuis: 2:18pm On Jun 26, 2020
Suddenly most of our embassies are coming under attack... I suspect IPOB is working against Nigeria in some of this countries... Don't tell me it's a mere coincidence angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Why We Shut Down Embassy Building In Germany – FG by somehow: 2:18pm On Jun 26, 2020
ayenale1:
So no one was accountable for demolishing Nigeria building in Ghana...weakest govt so far.

is this what the ghanian president said?

1 Like

Re: Why We Shut Down Embassy Building In Germany – FG by Bakin3(m): 2:25pm On Jun 26, 2020
Nah wah oooo.

We construct Bio digester (Modern Sockaway) Very cheap and quick to install. Check my signature.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Leaves For Qatar, Pictured With Sanusi / Accidental Bomb In IDP: Air Force Bombs Killed 52 & Injured 120 - MSF Reports / Soldiers And Shiites Clash In Zaria, Seven Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.