Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,085 members, 7,818,250 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Now That Azikiwe Is Gone, Ojikwu Is Down: Who Will Go For Us? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Now That Azikiwe Is Gone, Ojikwu Is Down: Who Will Go For Us? (840 Views)

Adeosun & Hameed-Ali Inspect New Technology For NCS At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport / Awolowo Nominated Nnamdi Azikiwe - 'West African Pilot', February 10, 1961 (Pic) / Nnamdi Azikiwe As Nigeria Celebrated Independence Day In 1960 - Throwback Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Now That Azikiwe Is Gone, Ojikwu Is Down: Who Will Go For Us? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 30, 2011
The Northern region already have enough recognized 'powers' in thier mist who would represent them both, in political office and in any case of war if need be. They still have past military president and other powerful influential men who would stand and fight their course. Same with the West. The South South is also acquiring more power more than the South East. They have lined up both in the representative govt. and in any case of war.
Now, Nigeria is in crisis and some of the 'powers' we had that could stand and fight for our course are gone, who will go for us? Who shall we send? Is there anyone from SE that any other regions would be afraid of? Where, what and who is our power?
Re: Now That Azikiwe Is Gone, Ojikwu Is Down: Who Will Go For Us? by macjive01: 1:22pm On Jan 30, 2011
I think the igbos should project rochas okorocha. he is a real man, someone who is nt afraid to call a spade a spade. not arrogant and voluble like orji Kalu . All we need is someone who could express our minds n thoughts. A voice of the people. Rochas is clean- no hint of corruption over him, that wud give credence and integrity to his stand, our stand.
Re: Now That Azikiwe Is Gone, Ojikwu Is Down: Who Will Go For Us? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jan 31, 2011
I would not care whether the person is humble or not. I found out that being humble does not favour us to an extent. We have been humble all these years, they instead take the advantage to achieve their aim and dump our backside. The political condition of Nigeria today does not need soft hand. We need strong men that will demand for our rights.

(1) (Reply)

An Igbo Man As Deputy Governor Of Lagos State / Buhari: Count Me Out Of Consensus Talks. / Katsina Election Officials And Police Accept Underage Voters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.