Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,974 members, 7,814,312 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Why Are Yorubas So Respectful - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Are Yorubas So Respectful (1343 Views)

Itsekiris Finally Discard 1979 Edict Insist That They Are Yorubas Not Bini / Why Are Yorubas Trying To Culturally Appropriate Igbo Cuisine? / Usage of sirs/ma's In a chat; A respectful or a mockery act? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Yorubas So Respectful by Ilamina(f): 12:21am On Jun 28, 2020
I just walk into places or the bus without looking if someone is coming out

I mistakenly walked into this yoruba woman at the front at this yoruba restaurant

And she simply said watch where you are going without getting angry smiley
Re: Why Are Yorubas So Respectful by Nobody: 12:27am On Jun 28, 2020
Because it is in our blood wink wink grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yorubas So Respectful by HomerTimpson: 12:44am On Jun 28, 2020
Its not mouth(that one of the talent GOD inbuilt in us) there was this story of when late abiola went to visit late Obafemi Awolowo in abroad on getting there he portrate flat on the floor and all the whites were like wow! according to how i heard this story since dat on they(whites repeat such everyday when they learnt it was a thing of respect...but the thing is dying on here anyways
Re: Why Are Yorubas So Respectful by 1Sharon(f): 12:47am On Jun 28, 2020
Anuoluwa1234:
Because it is in our blood wink wink grin grin

It's all a facade abeg undecided the yoruba language is very disrespect

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas So Respectful by 1Sharon(f): 12:48am On Jun 28, 2020
HomerTimpson:
Its not mouth(that one of the talent GOD inbuilt in us) there was this story of when late abiola went to visit late Obafemi Awolowo in abroad on getting there he portrate flat on the floor and all the whites were like wow! according to how i heard this story since dat on they(whites repeat such everyday when they learnt it was a thing of respect...but the thing is dying on here anyways

See lies oo

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas So Respectful by HomerTimpson: 12:55am On Jun 28, 2020
1Sharon:

See lies oo
undecided
1Sharon:

See lies oo
LOL
Re: Why Are Yorubas So Respectful by VickyRotex(f): 12:59am On Jun 28, 2020
1Sharon:

It's all a facade abeg undecided the yoruba language is very disrespect

undecided
Re: Why Are Yorubas So Respectful by VickyRotex(f): 1:00am On Jun 28, 2020
Ilamina, if you don't talk about Ghanians yesterday, you'll talk about Yoruba today, tomorrow you'll talk about Igbo.

Wehdone undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yorubas So Respectful by Ilamina(f): 1:01am On Jun 28, 2020
VickyRotex:
Ilamina, if you don't talk about Ghanians yesterday, you'll talk about Yoruba today, tomorrow you'll talk about Igbo.

Wehdone undecided undecided

How is it your business undecided
Re: Why Are Yorubas So Respectful by VickyRotex(f): 1:02am On Jun 28, 2020
Ilamina:

How is it your business undecided

angry I'm here to derail your thread undecided

Re: Why Are Yorubas So Respectful by chukwuibuipob: 1:32am On Jun 28, 2020
cool i’m Igbo from Nsukka.i must confess,Yoruba pipu are nice,caring

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas So Respectful by chukwuibuipob: 1:32am On Jun 28, 2020
cool
Re: Why Are Yorubas So Respectful by DenreleDave(m): 1:53am On Jun 28, 2020
We d best musik
Re: Why Are Yorubas So Respectful by saintvc(m): 3:57am On Jun 28, 2020
fearful you mean

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yorubas So Respectful by nikkypearl(f): 6:02am On Jun 28, 2020
Omo Yoruba ni mi o!!! wink
Re: Why Are Yorubas So Respectful by AFvckingAlpha(m): 6:10am On Jun 28, 2020
But they are dirty grin
Re: Why Are Yorubas So Respectful by Merryglad(f): 6:17am On Jun 28, 2020
You can't judge with that, after lying down to greet you they can stand up to treat your f**k up

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yorubas So Respectful by N3cR0mAZc3R(m): 2:37pm On Jun 28, 2020
Lol. Be like say you never jam those local ones abi.
Out of 100 percent I can say only 20 percent is very respectful.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yorubas So Respectful by meobizy(f): 5:53pm On Jun 28, 2020
Why Are Yorubas So Respectful?
Yes.
Re: Why Are Yorubas So Respectful by AreaFada2: 5:58pm On Jun 28, 2020
Follow threads on culture here on NL see how they begin each reply with insult if you disagree with them. Especially those Oyo and Osun type that like to claim Lagos.

Respect is not about bowing in your presence. But when not in your presence. It becomes pretense.

Though the older generations meant it to be genuine.

In fairness rudeness is now rampant across the spectrum and tribes.
Re: Why Are Yorubas So Respectful by Ilamina(f): 6:04pm On Jun 28, 2020
I must admit, I have met horrible ones
Re: Why Are Yorubas So Respectful by gregyboy(m): 6:14pm On Jun 28, 2020
Who says yoruba are respectful those weaklings of a tribe, an act of weakness is now called respect

While thier belly is on the floor give them a knock on thier head.... In thier potration lies thier deciete

The yorubas greetings only represents two things an act of weakness and deceitfulness

You can buy a Yoruba mans integrity with just biscuit and sweet..... But you can never buy his trust they are slaves with two masters they will betray you if need be

Fear people who greets while they lay flat

Remeber my friend the snake crawls with is belly never forget that
Re: Why Are Yorubas So Respectful by N3cR0mAZc3R(m): 6:40pm On Jun 28, 2020
gregyboy:
Who says yoruba are respectful those weaklings
Called tribe an act of weakness is now called respect

While thier belly is on the floor give them a knock on thier head.... In thier potration lie thier deciete

The yorubas greetings only represents one thing an act of weakness and deceitfulness

You can buy a Yoruba mans integrity with just biscuit and sweet..... But you can never buy his trust they are slaves with two masters they will betray you if need be

Fear people who greets while their lay flat

Bros You be god of mumus. Well done for writing this beautiful pieces of crap.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yorubas So Respectful by gregyboy(m): 8:55pm On Jun 28, 2020
N3cR0mAZc3R:

Bros You be god of mumus. Well done for writing this beautiful pieces of crap.

Pained afonja......

The truth is bitter tho
Re: Why Are Yorubas So Respectful by scholes0(m): 9:02pm On Jun 28, 2020
gregyboy:
Who says yoruba are respectful those weaklings of a tribe, an act of weakness is now called respect

While thier belly is on the floor give them a knock on thier head.... In thier potration lie thier deciete

The yorubas greetings only represents one thing an act of weakness and deceitfulness

cc: AreaFada2:
Thats your brother.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas So Respectful by AreaFada2: 9:07pm On Jun 28, 2020
gregyboy:

While thier belly is on the floor give them a knock on thier head.... In thier potration lies thier deciete

Oh boy, but why?
gregyboy, but why you wicked like this, as in ehn? grin cheesy

The recent uppercut from Buhari to Lord Bourdillon bullion van man & albino importer never do? You come sandwich lower cut join? Haba!

You cannot bury some people 20 feet na. 6 feet do biko. cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Yorubas So Respectful by gregyboy(m): 9:24pm On Jun 28, 2020
[quote author=AreaFada2 post=91176823]
Oh boy, but why?
gregyboy, but why you wicked like this, as in ehn? grin cheesy

H
Re: Why Are Yorubas So Respectful by Podakejol: 6:33pm On Jun 29, 2020
gregyboy:

The yorubas greetings only represents two things an act of weakness and deceitfulness

Fear people who greets while they lay flat

Says werey from foolish olosho Edo State. Have never seen someone as foolish as those from Edo. State full of prostitues from Italy to Spain. Na Edo you go see person dey follow desert go Spain.

A state where the indigenes are so poor that father has to be armed brother to feed for his wretched family of olosho mother and daughters

Senseless idiots

Other tribes Dey go USA Canada. Foolish idiots from Edo State still Dey go Italy Spain

A state where 100% of their women are prostitues locally and internationally.

Edo woman be like my sister i 1 go Italy go hustle with my stinking borehole Lagos ibadan express pussY. Awon omo irankiran

I’m so happy for what awolowo did to them in western region

Imagine using Edo resources to develop south west. Shows how weak 2 by 2 Edo indigenes are

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yorubas So Respectful by gregyboy(m): 8:00pm On Jun 29, 2020
Podakejol:

Says werey from foolish olosho Edo State. Have never seen someone as foolish as those from Edo. State full of prostitues from Italy to Spain. Na Edo you go see person dey follow desert go Spain.

A state where the indigenes are so poor that father has to be armed brother to feed for his wretched family of olosho mother and daughters

Senseless idiots

Other tribes Dey go USA Canada. Foolish idiots from Edo State still Dey go Italy Spain

A state where 100% of their women are prostitues locally and internationally.

Edo woman be like my sister i 1 go Italy go hustle with my stinking borehole Lagos ibadan express pussY. Awon omo irankiran

I’m so happy for what awolowo did to them in western region

Imagine using Edo resources to develop south west. Shows how weak 2 by 2 Edo indigenes are

Lol, i love our prostitution am even one of the male prostitute, pls give me your sister, nah i dont want i heard from the igbos dey are as clean as a pit toilet, Very dirty weaklers

Yea, we worked our way out of western region and even brought delta state with us, thats who we are. we aint cowards like the yorubas who couldn't fight tinibu.... Obaseki fought oshiomole to stand still, we aint cowards
But what do we get from the yoruba counterpart against tinibu, ambode portrated and begged like a coward they are...

Bob marley quotes, cowards die before thier very day"

Thats reminds me awolowo died cowardly because he couldn't fight the north to stand still
So he committed sucide with rat poison, the north used him against the igbos and was about to dump afterwards in jail, so nigga took a sachet
Of rat poison....
God punish him in the hell he is, against the tribalism he committed against us edos

Fucking weaklers......
Silently preaching oduduwa republic indoor when dey see the north they go completely silent and pretend everything is fine.....

Since you all claim edo is yoruba by the defaults mythology, then we have the right to tell you all to man up... Since the igbos have done thier part too
Re: Why Are Yorubas So Respectful by Podakejol: 8:14pm On Jun 29, 2020
gregyboy:

Lol, i love our prostitution am even one a male prostitute give me your sister, nah i dont want i heard from the igbos dey are as clean as a gutter
Very dirty people and weaklers

Yea, we worked our way out of western region and even brought delta state with us, thats who we are. we aint cowards like the yorubas who couldn't fight tinibu.... Obaseki fought oshiomole to stand still, we aint cowards
But what do we get from the yoruba counterpart against tinibu, ambode portrated and begged like a coward they are...

Bob marley quotes, cowards die before thier very day"

Thats reminds me awolowo died cowardly because he couldn't fight the north to stand still
So he committed sucide with rat poison, the north used him against the igbos and was about to dump afterwards in jail, so nigga took a sachet
Of rat poison....
God punish him in the hell he is, against the tribalism he committed against us edos

Fucking weaklers......
Silently preaching oduduwa republic indoor when dey see the north they go completely silent and pretend everything is fine.....

Since you all claim edo is yoruba by the defaults mythology, then we have the right to tell you all to man up... Since the igbos have done thier part too
Shut up oloriburuku idiotic son of olosho mother. Your useless mother started prostitution at the age of 8. All your sisters, aunties started prostitution at 10 from Lagos to Ibadan to Italy to Spain. Your men are armed robbers terrorising other States

They can’t operate well in Edo because there’s no money in your wretched small landlocked Edo State

Ask your forefathers how warriors from Ibadan invaded your stupid Edo region then for slaves

A very backward state with no other tangible job other than prostitution, armed robbery and kidnapping

Always remember how boss awolowo cheated you fools and slaves in western region where he used proceeds from midwestern region to build western region and remember how Ibadan used to raid your useless Benin kingdom with your useless Oba of Benin then

Awon alayebaje omo. Awon omo olofo arisunkun.

A state where all it’s young indigenes can’t even stay. The women are all Over Nigeria and Italy trading their stinking useless smelly pussy they inherited from their useless prostitute mothers

The men are only known for armed robbers. No good thing can ever come out of your stupid Edo State with your oloribu Oba of Benin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yorubas So Respectful by HomerTimpson: 11:33pm On Jul 01, 2020
1Sharon:

See lies oo
taste and see that YORUBAS are GODMADE,but don't mind the posts before this mention,i know where i belong in the family
Re: Why Are Yorubas So Respectful by gregyboy(m): 8:28am On Jul 02, 2020
Podakejol:

Shut up oloriburuku idiotic son of olosho mother. Your useless mother started prostitution at the age of 8. All your sisters, aunties started prostitution at 10 from Lagos to Ibadan to Italy to Spain. Your men are armed robbers terrorising other States

They can’t operate well in Edo because there’s no money in your wretched small landlocked Edo State

Ask your forefathers how warriors from Ibadan invaded your stupid Edo region then for slaves

A very backward state with no other tangible job other than prostitution, armed robbery and kidnapping

Always remember how boss awolowo cheated you fools and slaves in western region where he used proceeds from midwestern region to build western region and remember how Ibadan used to raid your useless Benin kingdom with your useless Oba of Benin then

Awon alayebaje omo. Awon omo olofo arisunkun.

A state where all it’s young indigenes can’t even stay. The women are all Over Nigeria and Italy trading their stinking useless smelly pussy they inherited from their useless prostitute mothers

The men are only known for armed robbers. No good thing can ever come out of your stupid Edo State with your oloribu Oba of Benin

Pained

(1) (2) (Reply)

On Oro Festival / The Oni Of Ife Doesn't Know The Value Of His Crown? / Dreaded 200-year Old Tree Falls In Abakaliki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.