Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Whistle-Blower John Okupurhe: AGF Refusing To Pay After I Exposed $1bn Account - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Whistle-Blower John Okupurhe: AGF Refusing To Pay After I Exposed $1bn Account (29410 Views)

The ESN Camp I Exposed On Nairaland They Kill Them Today - PHOTOS / Money In Foreign Currency Hidden In Abuja’s Aso Drive – Whistle-blower / FG Fails To Pay Whistle-blower Who Exposed Secret $223m NNPC Account (2) (3) (4)

Whistle-Blower John Okupurhe: AGF Refusing To Pay After I Exposed $1bn Account by Nobody: 1:34am On Jun 28, 2020
A whistle-blower, John Okupurhe, has written a letter to the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd), accusing the Office of the Attorney General of the Federation of refusing to pay him commission after exposing over $1bn (N420bn) hidden in Unity Bank Plc.

Okpurhe said this in a letter written by his lawyer, Aliyu Lemu, dated June 22, 2020.

The whistle-blower said the account was secretly being operated by the Nigerian Ports Authority to illegally collect revenue from vessels.

He said upon discovery, he informed the Office of the AGF of the secret account in line with the whistle-blower policy, and that an agreement was signed.

The agreement stated that Okpurhe would be entitled to a commission if the information provided turned out credible.

The whistle-blower said after playing his own part, the AGF’s office began to play games.

The letter read in part, “Pursuant to the whistleblower policy of the Federal Government, our client approached the Office of the AGF with confidential information in respect of hidden public funds concealed in a commercial bank in Lagos contrary to the Treasury Single Account policy which requires all public revenue or funds to be domiciled in the Central Bank of Nigeria.

“Our client presented the Office of the AGF with qualifying information on a cloned account with the Nigerian Ports Authority which was being used to illegally collect revenue from vessels by the signatories who are no longer in the service of the NPA.

“Upon establishing that our client’s information qualified under the whistle-blower policy, the Office of the AGF signed a whistle-blower agreement with our client through his appointed counsel- Mamman, Maiyaki & Co.

“The information provided by our client eventually led to the exposure of the hidden/concealed funds in Unity Bank Plc to the tune of $1,034,515, 000.”

The whistle-blower said the Office of the AGF had been making flimsy excuses as to why the commission was not paid.

He said the Head of Asset Management and Recovery Unit, Mrs Ladidi Mohammed, informed him that the matter was in court and that plans had changed.

Okuprhe said when asked who filed the suit, she (Mohammed) could not come up with the answer. Also, she could not disclose in which court the matter was pending.

He added, “On the next day, one Ms Bunmi, who deputises for Mrs Mohammed, called our client and asked him to come alone without a lawyer. Upon arrival, she informed our client that there was no pending matter in court on the account.”

The whistle-blower said he was told that because the money involved was huge, the Office of the AGF recommended a private firm with which he should enter into a contract to help him get the funds.

The whistle-blower said upon the insistence of the AGF’s office, he was made to sign a Memorandum of Understanding with the company to forfeit 60 per cent of his reward.

He said in a dramatic twist, his lawyer was attacked by armed policemen in his office who robbed him and made away with the original copy of the agreement signed with the AGF.

Okpurhe called on the President to quickly intervene as failure to pay him could compromise the whistle-blower policy and affect public trust in the government.

The AGF’s spokesman, Umar Gwandu, did not respond to calls on Saturday.

However, a top source at the AGF’s office said the matter was being investigated by the Department of State Services.

She said, “The AGF has ordered that the case be investigated by the DSS so we cannot speak on the matter for now. The truth is that the whistle-blower’s information was not accurate. He is just going about trying to intimidate us.

https://punchng.com/agf-refusing-to-pay-after-i-exposed-1bn-account-whistle-blower/

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Whistle-Blower John Okupurhe: AGF Refusing To Pay After I Exposed $1bn Account by Lanretoye(m): 1:55am On Jun 28, 2020
Information is not accurate...

Re: Whistle-Blower John Okupurhe: AGF Refusing To Pay After I Exposed $1bn Account by Nobody: 1:56am On Jun 28, 2020
Lanretoye:
Information is not accurate...
How will a whistle-blower try to intimidate or provide inaccurate information to the Federal Government that has zero respect for human rights and frequently disobeys court orders?

AGF word against the whistle-blower. I know who I believe... they never follow through on their word on the Whistle Blower policy. And try to get a cut, unless they won't pay. Why should the man have to forfeit 60% of the proceeds to a private company, likely to be owned by government officials.

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Whistle-Blower John Okupurhe: AGF Refusing To Pay After I Exposed $1bn Account by stonemasonn: 1:57am On Jun 28, 2020
So we have this kind of money scattered all around and we still have to borrow from China to build railways. SMH

97 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Whistle-Blower John Okupurhe: AGF Refusing To Pay After I Exposed $1bn Account by yinchar(m): 2:01am On Jun 28, 2020
This country?...

Why is everything so messed up!

We can't even honour our own policies!

Why is everything so wrong in my dear country!

If the recovery is so huge, then put a threshold in the policy!

66 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Whistle-Blower John Okupurhe: AGF Refusing To Pay After I Exposed $1bn Account by Nobody: 2:11am On Jun 28, 2020
yinchar:
This country?...

Why is everything so messed up!

We can't even honour our own policies!

Why is everything so wrong in my dear country!

If the recovery is so huge, then put a threshold in the policy!

They will honour the policy if they get their cut, they made the man sign an agreement to forfeit 60% of the proceeds to private companies they own.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whistle-Blower John Okupurhe: AGF Refusing To Pay After I Exposed $1bn Account by Nobody: 2:28am On Jun 28, 2020
The young complainant never realize where him dey.
Make him run for hin life sharparlly!!

78 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whistle-Blower John Okupurhe: AGF Refusing To Pay After I Exposed $1bn Account by ProtectMyMoney: 2:35am On Jun 28, 2020
[us.[/b]
https://punchng.com/agf-refusing-to-pay-after-i-exposed-1bn-account-whistle-blower/[/quote]

Nigerians are very wicked .

Even AGF partakes in fraud....who ordered Policemen to steal the agreement?

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whistle-Blower John Okupurhe: AGF Refusing To Pay After I Exposed $1bn Account by Nobody: 3:10am On Jun 28, 2020
CHOPbeating:
The young complainant never realize where him dey.
Make him run for hin life sharparlly!!

Re: Whistle-Blower John Okupurhe: AGF Refusing To Pay After I Exposed $1bn Account by Lordjiggs09(m): 3:56am On Jun 28, 2020
Oluwa give me my own whistle abeg na.

Meanwhile
Umu Igbo mmamma nu. Biko lee anya na signature mu maka izuta ala, iwurite ulo, ime survey ala, ya na ihe ndi ozo di ga si iche-iche na ala Igbo gbaa gburugburu. Ekele kwa mu unu umu Igbo ndi oma. Akala ekwe nti mu bu- efu, asato, efu, isii, ano, ano, asaa, ato, ano, ano, ato. Na Facebook afa mu bu Ani Inspired Alexander, facebook page mu bu Urban Smart Collections. Ndewo nu.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whistle-Blower John Okupurhe: AGF Refusing To Pay After I Exposed $1bn Account by Nobody: 4:05am On Jun 28, 2020
Lordjiggs09:
Oluwa give me my own whistle abeg na.

30 Likes

Re: Whistle-Blower John Okupurhe: AGF Refusing To Pay After I Exposed $1bn Account by inoki247: 4:09am On Jun 28, 2020
lol du any aw dem go Come bundle u. U don blow whistle since buh dem no pay u ur Refree allowance

Re: Whistle-Blower John Okupurhe: AGF Refusing To Pay After I Exposed $1bn Account by Villagemeat: 4:57am On Jun 28, 2020
Trust this government. You think zombies are normal people, make I stop here before their fellow zombie nack me another ban

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whistle-Blower John Okupurhe: AGF Refusing To Pay After I Exposed $1bn Account by martolux(m): 5:34am On Jun 28, 2020
Is this not corruption?

Re: Whistle-Blower John Okupurhe: AGF Refusing To Pay After I Exposed $1bn Account by TheMainone: 6:12am On Jun 28, 2020
This Malami has been in the news for all the wrong reasons lately.

Learn web development with WP in 3 days and get a free custom website!

See my signature for registration or call:
Plus234 eight03 7one7 138nine

Re: Whistle-Blower John Okupurhe: AGF Refusing To Pay After I Exposed $1bn Account by Nobody: 6:18am On Jun 28, 2020
Villagemeat:
Trust this government. You think zombies are normal people, make I stop here before their fellow zombie nack me another ban
Nigeria is being ruled by Hushpuppi's and Invictus Obi's. angry

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Whistle-Blower John Okupurhe: AGF Refusing To Pay After I Exposed $1bn Account by Actuator: 6:20am On Jun 28, 2020

Re: Whistle-Blower John Okupurhe: AGF Refusing To Pay After I Exposed $1bn Account by Foolishbuhari: 6:23am On Jun 28, 2020
Lalasticlala, This deserves front page please! This Malami man is a worse fraud compared to the magu he wrote against sef. Man's been in every bad news for quite some time now

Re: Whistle-Blower John Okupurhe: AGF Refusing To Pay After I Exposed $1bn Account by haryorbarmie83(m): 6:33am On Jun 28, 2020
Pay him nah even if nah 1bn commission, pay him is money. Agreement is agreement.

Re: Whistle-Blower John Okupurhe: AGF Refusing To Pay After I Exposed $1bn Account by adecz: 6:56am On Jun 28, 2020
Most of Buhari's appointees
are just shameless gangstas &
cheap scammers!

But They lack simple intelligence to
execute clean scams.

Buhari government became less
interested in the whistle blower
scheme when they realized that
Southerners were the main whistle blowers
& were making a lot of money from
exposing looters.

He loses interest in anything that
northerners are not gaining from, even
though the nation is gaining.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

undecided undecided undecided undecided

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whistle-Blower John Okupurhe: AGF Refusing To Pay After I Exposed $1bn Account by punisha: 7:03am On Jun 28, 2020
Expecting anything good from this government is like waiting for rain in a drought season

Re: Whistle-Blower John Okupurhe: AGF Refusing To Pay After I Exposed $1bn Account by BtcAirdrop: 7:36am On Jun 28, 2020
Lol... Some days are like that grin grin cheesy grin angry

Re: Whistle-Blower John Okupurhe: AGF Refusing To Pay After I Exposed $1bn Account by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 28, 2020
martolux:
Is this not corruption?
Re: Whistle-Blower John Okupurhe: AGF Refusing To Pay After I Exposed $1bn Account by Decibel: 3:21pm On Jun 28, 2020
Abubakar Malami is overtly corrupt. He has been kneeling on the necks of some government officials and appointees who try to go against his way/wish including Ibrahim Magu who is trying to blackmail because he refused to back off from prosecuting Malami's corrupt allies embarassed

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whistle-Blower John Okupurhe: AGF Refusing To Pay After I Exposed $1bn Account by Toscarel: 3:21pm On Jun 28, 2020
So you need your cut

Re: Whistle-Blower John Okupurhe: AGF Refusing To Pay After I Exposed $1bn Account by selfdefence: 3:21pm On Jun 28, 2020
Lolz, the Govt will tell you "they don't negotiate with SNITCHES"

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whistle-Blower John Okupurhe: AGF Refusing To Pay After I Exposed $1bn Account by Dangrace01: 3:22pm On Jun 28, 2020

Re: Whistle-Blower John Okupurhe: AGF Refusing To Pay After I Exposed $1bn Account by Hndrrxxx(m): 3:22pm On Jun 28, 2020
This is so fuxked
We are losing interest in the FG everyday embarassed embarassed embarassed

His life isn't even safe any longer for saying this out

Re: Whistle-Blower John Okupurhe: AGF Refusing To Pay After I Exposed $1bn Account by bayelsaowei(m): 3:22pm On Jun 28, 2020
Hehehehe...scammers all over the place including the government

Nothern Children Wish Bola Tinubu Happy Sallah (Pictures) / Photos: A Look At Nigeria In History / Yahaya Bello On His Knees To Thank God After His Supreme Court Victory