Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,102 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

400 Nigerian Prisoners In Turkey Wants Jonathan's Intervention. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 400 Nigerian Prisoners In Turkey Wants Jonathan's Intervention. (4672 Views)

Nigerian Students In Turkey, North & South Cyprus, How Do You Survive? / Life In Turkey / Nigerian Prisoners Abroad Have Rejected Option To Serve Jail Terms In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

400 Nigerian Prisoners In Turkey Wants Jonathan's Intervention. by ayodeji200: 2:54am On Jan 31, 2011
PLS,I M NOT HERE TO CONDEMN THE NIGERIANS EITHER IN NIGERIA OR HERE IN EUROPE,I M ONLY WRITING THIS OUT OF PAIN AND FRUSTRATION
HONESTLY,OUR HOPES VE BEEN DASHED BY OUR USELESS LEADERS.I SEE MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN DIASPORA EVERYDAY IN PAINS AND MY HEART BLEEDS.GOD,HOW LONG DO LL CONTINUE TO LIVE LIKE SLAVES HERE IN EUROPE.HWV,FEW OF US ARE FORTUNATE TO MAINTAIN NORMAL STANDARD OF LIVING.

MY JOB(SECURITY WITH ONE OF THE SECURITY AGENCIES) HERE HAS GIVEN ME OPPOURTUNITY TO SEE A LOT OF MY FELLOW NIGERIANS IN PAINS.IT'S QUITE UNFORTUNATE TO SEE A LOT OF YOUNG NIGERIAN GRADUATES IN BRITISH PRISONS AS WELL AS DEPORTATION CENTRES BEING LOCKED DOWN FOR 2 TO 3 YEARS COS OF ONE IMMIGRATION PROBLEM OR THE OTHER. THE POPULATION OF NIGERIANS IN EITHER PRISONS OR DEPORTATION CENTRE IN UK IS REALLY ALARMING.

IF U LIVE AROUND LONDON,I THINK U COULD TESTIFY TO WHAT I AM ABOUT TO SAY HERE,IT'S SO PAINFUL SEEING MY FELLOW NIGERIANS INFRONT OF ASDA STORES WASHING CUSTOMER'S CARS. I M NOT SAYING D JOB IS BAD FOR THEIR SURVIVAL BUT MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS,U NEED TO FEEL THE WEATHER (-1 degree) TO KNOW THAT NOBODY,I MEAN NODODY EVEN ANIMALS DON'T DESERVE TO WORK IN SUCH AN HORRIBLE CONDITION BUT COS OF THEIR BILLS,THE SITUATION THEY FOUND THEMSELVES MUST VE COMPEL THEM TO DO THIS.SOMETIMES,I WISH I M RICH ENOUGH TO BAIL THEM OUT OF THIS HORRIBLE SITUATION.

FINALLY,MY FELLOW NIGERIANS,PLS AND PLS,DON'T COME TO EUROPE WITH VISITING VISA WITH INTENTION TO STAY/LIVE HERE.STUDENTS VISA IS OK FOR NOW.GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: 400 Nigerian Prisoners In Turkey Wants Jonathan's Intervention. by babaowo: 7:00am On Jan 31, 2011
you right brov, very hard to survive with visiting visa in europe and asia countries,but what i think nigeria need most is revolution like tunisia did,which egypt is also fighting for now,if not hmm God help nigerians oooo,because this countries is far better than some eu member and they still comes out to protest.but we nigerians are waiting for an angels to come and protest to fight for our right. honestly if nigeria can only be like egypt,tunisia or south africa,i don't think i can spend a year abroad without good reason, may God help us and deliver us from so call demonic leaders who stolen wealth for other countries to benefits,rather than their own citizens.
Re: 400 Nigerian Prisoners In Turkey Wants Jonathan's Intervention. by Vicjustice: 9:59am On Jan 31, 2011
Ha, how would i have thought that Turkey is a part of the UK, i honestly thought you were going to write about Turkey, the Nation.

ayodeji200:

MY JOB(SECURITY WITH ONE OF THE SECURITY AGENCIES) HERE HAS GIVEN ME OPPOURTUNITY TO SEE A LOT OF MY FELLOW NIGERIANS IN PAINS.IT'S QUITE UNFORTUNATE TO SEE A LOT OF YOUNG NIGERIAN GRADUATES IN BRITISH PRISONS AS WELL AS DEPORTATION CENTRES BEING LOCKED DOWN FOR 2 TO 3 YEARS COS OF ONE IMMIGRATION PROBLEM OR THE OTHER[color=#990000][/color]. THE POPULATION OF NIGERIANS IN EITHER PRISONS OR DEPORTATION CENTRE IN UK IS REALLY ALARMING.
   To be locked up in prison for "2 to 3 years" is definitely not as a result of immigration offence, there are other serious criminal offences involved.

ayodeji200:
IF U LIVE AROUND LONDON,I THINK U COULD TESTIFY TO WHAT I AM ABOUT TO SAY HERE,IT'S SO PAINFUL SEEING MY FELLOW NIGERIANS INFRONT OF ASDA STORES WASHING CUSTOMER'S CARS. I M NOT SAYING D JOB IS BAD FOR THEIR SURVIVAL BUT MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS,U NEED TO FEEL THE WEATHER (-1 degree) TO KNOW THAT NOBODY,I MEAN NODODY EVEN ANIMALS DON'T DESERVE TO WORK IN SUCH AN HORRIBLE CONDITION BUT COS OF THEIR BILLS,THE SITUATION THEY FOUND THEMSELVES MUST VE COMPEL THEM TO DO THIS.SOMETIMES,I WISH I M RICH ENOUGH TO BAIL THEM OUT OF THIS HORRIBLE SITUATION.
   Man, what you're saying here doesn't really make sense to me. How could you complain about the Nigerians working in the cold weather? Honestly, you seem to be one of a lazy kinds who would cover himself in blankets while the hard-working people are doing their jobs in any weather condition, afterall, you know that Europe doesn't have same weather with Africa.
   My goodness, you are even talking about a moderate winter temperature of -1 oc, what would you say about people in the North East of Europe where the temperature can drop below -40oc? In that case, you would really expect everyone to stay idle for several months until they begin to beg for bread.
Man, to be honest with my opinion, you seem to be a lazy one hence you are encouraging laziness.

ayodeji200:

FINALLY,MY FELLOW NIGERIANS,PLS AND PLS,DON'T COME TO EUROPE WITH VISITING VISA WITH INTENTION TO STAY/LIVE HERE.STUDENTS VISA IS OK FOR NOW.GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
   This is the only area in which i agree with you with no reserve.
Re: 400 Nigerian Prisoners In Turkey Wants Jonathan's Intervention. by ayodeji200: 2:50pm On Jan 31, 2011
Ha, how would i have thought that Turkey is a part of the UK, i honestly thought you were going to write about Turkey, the Nation.

@Vicjustice,Must i write about Turkey before u realise my purpose of writing what i ve seen in UK which is relevant to wot nigerians re going thru in Turkey. To be locked up in prison for "2 to 3 years" is definitely not as a result of immigration offence, there are other serious criminal offences involved.

My friend,nobody told me abt it,i saw them personally and i equally spoke wt some of them while at work,u need to see their hair,some of them have been there for abt two years but as a result of their refusal to talk to Nigeria Embassy so as to facilitate their travelling documents and when i ask them why they ve refused to speak to Nigeria embassy to enable British govt to deport them,they said cos of the situation back home.

Man, what you're saying here doesn't really make sense to me. How could you complain about the Nigerians working in the cold weather, honestly, you seem to be one of a lazy kinds who would cover himself in blankets while the hard-working people are doing their jobs in any weather condition, afterall, you know that Europe doesn't have same weather with Africa.
My goodness, you are even talking about a moderate winter temperature of -1 oc, what would you say about people in the North East of Europe where the temperature can drop below -40oc? In that case, you would really expect everyone to stay idle for several months until they begin to beg for bread.
Man, to be honest with my opinion, you seem to be a lazy one hence you are encouraging laziness.

LOL,suprised at wot u said.i ve been in this country for 7 years and u know wot that means. Nobody can't survive in Europe if u re a lazy type except u re involve in criminal activities which is not my way. I wish i could show u d true picture of wot i m talking about,u could even see on their faces that they re not happy with d situation they found themselves. Laziness has got nothing to do wt dis. u know wot,if dis people re fortunate to have their papers,trust me,they won't spend one more second there. I ve said dis earlier on that i m not here to condemn them but rather to inform my fellow nigerians that things re not rosy here in Europe. I might ve guessed d weather degree wrong or right but my friend we all know when the weather is freaking cold like freezer. I think i must not fail to let u realise that wot i meant up there is d fact that there is no place for them to stay when they re not washing cars.they exposed themselves to that weather all day and do u expect me to say they re hardworking under that horrible condition when i know fully well that most of them didn't prepare for dis when they were coming to Europe.
Re: 400 Nigerian Prisoners In Turkey Wants Jonathan's Intervention. by Flawless(f): 3:57pm On Jan 31, 2011
@ Vic Justice, he is right about people been locked up in prison cos of immigration issue. The UK govt sometimes keep people in prison because the detention centre is full and they therefore lock people in but not as criminal but a detainee. I know someone that was placed in a prison detention.

As you stated that some of these people would have committed one crime or the other, but I seriously believe this crime are nothing but less violent crime that does not necessarily deserve a prison sentence.  People are just looking for ways to survive and they are been label as criminals because of the harsh immigration rules.  I seriously believe if the UK govt can tighten their border and make it very difficult for people that would not comply with their entry conditions to get visa into their country, that would sort out this chaos they are in right now.  Most people in this category have establish their family here with children who have integrated into the society. It is quite dishearten to read what some people who are heartless post on this site, as if none of their generation emigrated to the UK or did not face one immigration challenges or the other.  People with immigration issues do have blood flowing through their veins just like people who are fortunate enough to have legal status in the UK.   

All I can say is that we need a revolution in Nigeria so that people can be bold enough to go back home instead of wasting away in a foreign land.
Re: 400 Nigerian Prisoners In Turkey Wants Jonathan's Intervention. by Vicjustice: 4:14pm On Jan 31, 2011
@Flawless
I never doubted that people with Immigration issues are held in prison facilities, as i personally know people who are in such situations. But i insist that there must be other crimes involved for an illegal alien to be kept in prison for "2 to 3 years". Verify this.

Tell me, what do you say of a Nigerian illegal resident who managed to obtain a Dutch passport and altered the information on the document by replacing some vital pages etc; Now, is such offence IMMIGRATION or CRIMINAL?
Re: 400 Nigerian Prisoners In Turkey Wants Jonathan's Intervention. by Flawless(f): 4:19pm On Jan 31, 2011
Vicjustice:

@Flawless
   I never doubted that people with Immigration issues are held in prison facilities, as i personally know people who are in such situations. But i insist that there must be other crimes involved for an illegal alien to be kept in prison for "2 to 3 years". Verify this.

Tell me, what do you say of a[b] Nigerian illegal resident who managed to obtain a Dutch passport and altered the information [/b]on the document by replacing some vital pages etc; Now, is such offence IMMIGRATION or CRIMINAL?

Definitely this scenario is a criminal act. Am talking about people who are prosecuted for working illegally with no forged document involved.  Or other minor immigration crime such as getting on the bus without the right fare etc. Someone working illegally sometimes gets btw 6-8 months while GBH or Criminal Damage can walk away free cos he or she is a citizen.
Re: 400 Nigerian Prisoners In Turkey Wants Jonathan's Intervention. by justwise(m): 4:32pm On Jan 31, 2011
Flawless:

Definitely this scenario is a criminal act. Am talking about people who are prosecuted for working illegally with no forged document involved. Or other minor immigration crime such as getting on the bus without the right fare etc. Someone working illegally sometimes gets btw 6-8 months while GBH or Criminal Damage can walk away free cos he or she is a citizen.

I'm sorry but i have to disagree with u, anybody caught working illegally must have submitted forged document to get the job at the first place, and the jail sentence can't be that long, for anybody to be locked up for 2-3yrs for immigration offence then that must be a serious one like Vicjustice pointed out, u can't get locked up for having the wrong bus pass, u get fined and warned.
Re: 400 Nigerian Prisoners In Turkey Wants Jonathan's Intervention. by justwise(m): 4:39pm On Jan 31, 2011
Flawless:
@ Vic Justice, he is right about people been locked up in prison cos of immigration issue. The UK govt sometimes keep people in prison because the detention centre is full and they therefore lock people in but not as criminal but a detainee. I know someone that was placed in a prison detention.As you stated that some of these people would have committed one crime or the other, but I seriously believe this crime are nothing but less violent crime that does not necessarily deserve a prison sentence. People are just looking for ways to survive and they are been label as criminals because of the harsh immigration rules. I seriously believe if the UK govt can tighten their border and make it very difficult for people that would not comply with their entry conditions to get visa into their country, that would sort out this chaos they are in right now. Most people in this category have establish their family here with children who have integrated into the society. It is quite dishearten to read what some people who are heartless post on this site, as if none of their generation emigrated to the UK or did not face one immigration challenges or the other. People with immigration issues do have blood flowing through their veins just like people who are fortunate enough to have legal status in the UK. All I can say is that we need a revolution in Nigeria so that people can be bold enough to go back home instead of wasting away in a foreign land.
I agree with u that the immigration rules is very hash and alot of pple struggling to get by, however, lets not 4get that the rule is the rule and some Nigerians have no respect for laws, its not by mistake that Nigerians top the list of serious immigration offenders. If the British govt don't get tough, many Nigerians will walk all over the whole system.

Let me just point out here that i'm not saying all these cos i have a stay, the opposite is the case.
Re: 400 Nigerian Prisoners In Turkey Wants Jonathan's Intervention. by Vicjustice: 4:46pm On Jan 31, 2011
Flawless:

Definitely this scenario is a criminal act. Am talking about people who are prosecuted for working illegally with no forged document involved.
  Seldom would a judge sentence a person for working illegally. When Immigration Officers are arresting an illegal worker, they are doing so on suspicion of being in the country illegally; they have the employer to deal with for employing illegal worker.

Flawless:
Or other minor immigration crime such as getting on the bus without the right fare etc.
  It is a CRIMINAL negligent to travel on a commuter bus without the appropriate fee, not immigration.

Flawless:

Someone working illegally sometimes gets btw 6-8 months while GBH or Criminal Damage can walk away free cos he or she is a citizen.
  In any country, (except the basic fundamental human rights) an illegal resident can never have the same rights or privileges with a citizen of the nation, understand that
Re: 400 Nigerian Prisoners In Turkey Wants Jonathan's Intervention. by suxes2005(m): 5:55pm On Jan 31, 2011
@OP,

First of all, what has 9ja govt got to do with all this?
Is it the govt that asked them to go to another country
with visit visa and end up there after their visa has expired.

I think its their own cup of tea and not the govt.
Pple stay in 9ja nd make it so travelling is not a do or
die affair.

so why the topin on Turkey? what happened to the
pple u r talking about?

SHALOM
Re: 400 Nigerian Prisoners In Turkey Wants Jonathan's Intervention. by ayodeji200: 6:25pm On Jan 31, 2011
@ Vicjustice,honestly,u re just arguing about what u don't know. I told you that i ve met and listen to different nigerian immigrants in deportation centre personally while at work and i  equally have two friends who had been in dis situation before. My friend,believe me or not,i ve a friend who spent 6 months in prison for using fake passport to work and subsequently threw into deportation centre after serving his sentence and spent close to two years there before he got bail at immigration tribunal with surety of £5000.

The second person spent about 13 to 15 months without any criminal offence. The immigration officers actually came to arrest someone else who happens to be a failed asylum seeker and co-tenants and in course of their duty at the house,they found out that my friend is equally an illegal immigrant .I could even tell them about dis site and see if they could throw more light on dis in order to let u realise that Nigerians re being held for immigration offence only,i said only without any criminal offence for close to two years.

Finally,i am only praying that God ll touch the heart of our leaders to take Nigerians out of this predicament. I must confess it's painful seeing Nigeria graduates and professionals working as car washers under dis horrible weather,stand in d toilet all night at club,waiting for customers who come to d toilet to drop one or more coins in their plates. These people don't deserve dis cos they all went to University to read one course or the other so as to better their life.
Re: 400 Nigerian Prisoners In Turkey Wants Jonathan's Intervention. by ayodeji200: 6:31pm On Jan 31, 2011
@all,i read about the topic yestday in Vanguard newspapers or guardian.
Re: 400 Nigerian Prisoners In Turkey Wants Jonathan's Intervention. by Flawless(f): 6:44pm On Jan 31, 2011
Vicjustice:

Seldom would a judge sentence a person for working illegally. When Immigration Officers are arresting an illegal worker, they are doing so on suspicion of being in the country illegally; they have the employer to deal with for employing illegal worker. A)
  It is a CRIMINAL negligent to travel on a commuter bus without the appropriate fee, not immigration
 (B) In any country, (except the basic fundamental human rights) an illegal resident can never have the same rights or privileges with a citizen of the nation, understand that

A) so why do transport enforcement now link invading fare to immigration?? , am not advocating for immigrating to travel without transport fare, but you need to understand the reason behind these people inability to pay fares.

b) Vicjustice you ve been brain washed into believing that anyone with an immigration challenge should be treated as a leper in a country that invade Iraq cos of this human right they honestly do not believe in if you happen to be an immigrant that is out of status.

You are still in the school of Napoleon thoughts on animals equality/inequality.
Re: 400 Nigerian Prisoners In Turkey Wants Jonathan's Intervention. by Flawless(f): 6:48pm On Jan 31, 2011
justwise:

I'm sorry but i have to disagree with u, anybody caught working illegally must have submitted forged document to get the job at the first place, and the jail sentence can't be that long, for anybody to be locked up for 2-3yrs for immigration offence then that must be a serious one like Vicjustice pointed out, u can't get locked up for having the wrong bus pass, u get fined and warned.

@ Justwise, you must be joking that people only get warned when found out on the bus. They get locked up if they don't have a valid bus cos everything is now linked to immigration.

with regards to people getting a short sentence for forging pee for working you are so wrong cos people get heavy sentence especially if the judge is mean.
Re: 400 Nigerian Prisoners In Turkey Wants Jonathan's Intervention. by ayodeji200: 6:59pm On Jan 31, 2011
@flawless,thks for throwing more light on this and i guess u live here in Uk.

@vicjustice,i can bet my life on dis,Nigerians re locked up in either prison or deportation centres for a long time for only immigration issues under d pretence of unavailability of travelling documents.
Re: 400 Nigerian Prisoners In Turkey Wants Jonathan's Intervention. by Flawless(f): 7:04pm On Jan 31, 2011
ayodeji200:

@flawless,thks for throwing more light on this and i guess u live here in Uk.

@vicjustice,i can bet my life on dis,Nigerians re locked up in either prison or deportation centres for a long time for only immigration issues under d pretence of unavailability of travelling documents.

Yes ayodeji200 am in UK and I am talking from experience. Guess why I can show empathy to people that are in this situation. There is no point in pretending, Nick Clegg admitted that the state is in a mess and only amnesty and stricter border control can sort it out cos there aint any magic wand that would sort it out. There is no point in traumatizing people that have integrated into the society.
Re: 400 Nigerian Prisoners In Turkey Wants Jonathan's Intervention. by justwise(m): 7:23pm On Jan 31, 2011
Flawless:

@ Justwise, you must be joking that people only get warned when found out on the bus. They get locked up if they don't have a valid bus cos everything is now linked to immigration.

with regards to people getting a short sentence for forging pee for working you are so wrong cos people get heavy sentence especially if the judge is mean.
I said they get fined and warned. Nobody get thrown into jail for using wrong ticket, worst case scenario is community service, AND everything is not linked to immigration ONLY if u are found to be an illegal immigrant and at the same time dodging fare then that could be linked.

You are wrong with the work issue, if u are caught working illegally, the employer will be fined and u will be taken to detention centre for deportation. You are making things up here.
Re: 400 Nigerian Prisoners In Turkey Wants Jonathan's Intervention. by Flawless(f): 7:32pm On Jan 31, 2011
You give me jokes justwise with your accusation of me making things up lol. Do I look like a clown or stand up comedian?? That derieve joy or get paid to make things up. People get convicted for working illegally and after which they are detained. You need to admit that you don't know everything all the time.
Re: 400 Nigerian Prisoners In Turkey Wants Jonathan's Intervention. by eghost247(m): 7:36pm On Jan 31, 2011
Most of those illegal immigrants either did something
Re: 400 Nigerian Prisoners In Turkey Wants Jonathan's Intervention. by justwise(m): 7:42pm On Jan 31, 2011
Flawless:

You give me jokes justwise with your accusation of me making things up lol. Do I look like a clown or stand up comedian?? That derieve joy or get paid to make things up. People get convicted for working illegally people they and after which they are detained. You need to admit that you don't know everything all the time.

I still stand by what i said b4, you will only go to jail then deported if u are involved in sham marriage or engaged in fake document business, then u will be taken to court, if convicted, u will be jailed and all the profit made from that business will be recovered and seized. BUT if one is caught working with fake paper, YOU DO NOT GO TO JAIL, the company that employed u will be fined and u will be deported after ur true identity is established.
Re: 400 Nigerian Prisoners In Turkey Wants Jonathan's Intervention. by Flawless(f): 7:51pm On Jan 31, 2011
Justwise I now believe you sometimes don't know jack about what you sometimes write about. If you are caught whilst working with a forge document YOU GET CONVICTED AND IT COMES WITH A PRISON SENTENCE, if you are lucky you get under 6 months if not upto 18 months. You can verify by contacting any legal firm in UK. Am 100% sure of what am saying.
Re: 400 Nigerian Prisoners In Turkey Wants Jonathan's Intervention. by justwise(m): 8:00pm On Jan 31, 2011
Flawless:

Justwise I now believe you sometimes don't know jack about what you write about sometimes write about. If you are caught whilst working with a forge document YOU GET CONVICTED AND IT COMES WITH A PRISON SENTENCE, if you are lucky you get under 6 months if not upto 18 months. You can verify by contacting any legal firm in UK. Am 100% sure of what am saying.

Read this and stop making things up.

http://www.workpermit.com/uk/employee10.htm

Another one here http://www.ukimmigration.com/agency/uk_work_permit12.htm
Re: 400 Nigerian Prisoners In Turkey Wants Jonathan's Intervention. by Flawless(f): 8:06pm On Jan 31, 2011
Why can't you go and ask a learned fellow? Show me any case study in that link you provided? Don't you know H/O wouldn't put information like that on their web ( cos it would work against them when mitigating). Am talking about reality here and what is happening not the cock and bull people get fed by the H/O. Stop believing everything you read online also learn how to acknowledge that you don't know everything when it comes to UK immigration
Re: 400 Nigerian Prisoners In Turkey Wants Jonathan's Intervention. by justwise(m): 8:09pm On Jan 31, 2011
Flawless:

Why can't you go and ask a learned fellow? Show me any case study in that link you provided? Don't you know H/O wouldn't put information like that on their web ( cos it would work against when mitigating). Am talking about reality here and what is happening not the cock and bull people get fed by the H/O. Stop believing everything you read online also learn how to acknowledge that you don't everything when it comes to. UK immigration

Hahahahaha, so the link i provided is cock and bull? Serious u are clueless.
Re: 400 Nigerian Prisoners In Turkey Wants Jonathan's Intervention. by Flawless(f): 8:13pm On Jan 31, 2011
You can laugh as LOUD as you want! You are the one that is clueless and know nothing about what you claim to be passionate about. I thought you are an expert but I sincerely now understand why some people are always at loggerhead with you. Shalom! smiley
Re: 400 Nigerian Prisoners In Turkey Wants Jonathan's Intervention. by justwise(m): 8:26pm On Jan 31, 2011
Flawless:

You can laugh as LOUD as you want! You are the one that is clueless and know nothing about what you claim to be passionate about. I thought you are an expert but I sincerely now understand why some people are always at loggerhead with you. Shalom! smiley

Can you give me any link to support ur claim? Where do you read that one go to jail for working illegally? Just one link.
Re: 400 Nigerian Prisoners In Turkey Wants Jonathan's Intervention. by juzme: 8:44pm On Jan 31, 2011
People caught working with fake document will be usually charged to court for possession of fake document. And Of course, if convicted you will be jailed. For immigration offences like being illegal immigrant you will be detained for deportation and you will be detained until you may provide a travel document.
But I don't think this need to be argued as there are so many scenarios in this issue and every case is treated individually.
Moreover, there are mean immigration officers who may bring charges against you for for things they are not clear with. E.g may claim your passport or some document that he or she found on you is fake. Nigerians has bad reputation when it comes to immigration issue.

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/s_to_u/sentencing_manual/possession_of_false_identity_documents_with_intent/
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsarticles/2010/268071/19-man-jailed
Re: 400 Nigerian Prisoners In Turkey Wants Jonathan's Intervention. by justwise(m): 8:53pm On Jan 31, 2011
juzme:

People caught working with fake document will be usually charged to court for possession of fake document. And Of course, if convicted you will be jailed. For immigration offences like being illegal immigrant you will be detained for deportation and you will be detained until you may provide a travel document.
But I don't think this need to be argued as there are so many scenarios in this issue and every case is treated individually.
Moreover, there are mean immigration officers who may bring charges against you for for things they are not clear with. E.g may claim your passport or some document that he or she found on you is fake. Nigerians has bad reputation when it comes to immigration issue.

That is not the case now, if one is caught working illegally, your employer get fined and u will be heading to detention centre and your identify will be verified b4 deportation, you do not go to court or jailed

You will only go to court IF u are involved in fake document business AND if u are involved in sham marriage, then u will be jailed then deported. Thats is the case now.
Re: 400 Nigerian Prisoners In Turkey Wants Jonathan's Intervention. by xtremetee: 9:00pm On Jan 31, 2011
Justwise, have always respected your comments on this section. I usually read on nairaland but don't post comments. But today u f u c k up big time.

This guy is telling you that he spoke to some of the guys in d detention centre and you still dey argue. You f u c k up today.
Re: 400 Nigerian Prisoners In Turkey Wants Jonathan's Intervention. by justwise(m): 9:08pm On Jan 31, 2011
xtremetee:

Justwise, have always respected your comments on this section. I usually read on nairaland but don't post comments. But today u f u c k up big time. This guy is telling you that he spoke to some of the guys in d detention centre and you still dey argue[b]. You f u c k up today.
[/b]

Please don't insult me, detention centre is not jail, pple get detained in detention centre while their travel documents are being sorted.

Do you research b4 coming here to insult me.
Re: 400 Nigerian Prisoners In Turkey Wants Jonathan's Intervention. by justwise(m): 9:09pm On Jan 31, 2011
Watch this clip and tell me where those involved here got jailed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDjZYhiBO_Y&feature=related

I will be adding more to this

More clips of pple caught working illegally AND they were not jailed, rather they will deported after they travel documents were sorted out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74kyBOZgeG4&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awuIcM1ug8M&feature=related

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Republic Of Cyprus Island: The Sland Of Love / The Crazy Way Nigerians Have Colonized London And Other Cities Around The World / Lagos New Domestic Airport - Need Info + Pics!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.