Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,849 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? - Business (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? (74148 Views)

Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account / What Is The Difference Between A Current Account And A Savings Account? / What's The Best Bank For Savings Of Business Income? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by membranus: 3:45pm On Jun 29, 2020
LudaChriz:

No allow people roast u oh cheesy

Modified:
Based on popular recommendation so far, Zenith Bank carries the league is the GOAT Bank grin grin

Zenith Bank here I come

You might be Igbo for choosing Zenith.

What I know is that most Igbo bank based on ethnic ownership.

But coming to experience, I had more than 6 active accounts in at least 3 big banks, therefore when it comes to cheating customers of their due interests on either their fixed deposit or savings accounts, Zenith Bank takes the lead.

They will build a lot of firewalls around their interest payments and any little miss, they deny you the whole.

Also they are so voracious in charging you on any transaction, debit or credit, savings or current.

On my own view UBA is the most customer friendly when it comes to bank interests or charges.

While First Bank, despite being the biggest, is the worst. Whether on customer services (they lack courtesy and prompt attention, especially on their social media platforms), and on interest and bank charges they do whatever they like on your accounts without reverting to the customers or considering their interests.

2 Likes

Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by babtoundey(m): 3:45pm On Jun 29, 2020
Any bank but Access bank.

If the system permits, Access bank and its operators wouldn't mind accessing stealing from even those that don't use their bank.
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Johnsmartinyang(m): 3:46pm On Jun 29, 2020
Jombojombo:
Access Bank remains the best grin
God forgive u broh...that bank that deducts money as if u re boarding keke with them, two days ago I was deducted money for duty stamp...I was stewpify......as I said God forgive u
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by WaleRock: 3:49pm On Jun 29, 2020
humilitypays:
For Savings Purpose
Fidelity
Zenith
Union

For Internet Banking & Online Business Purpose
GTB
Zenith
Eco Bank

For Business & Entrepreneurship Purpose
Fidelity

FOR INTERNATIONAL TRANSACTION

Stanbic IBTC

Standard Bank

1 Like

Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by OffsahBoye(m): 3:50pm On Jun 29, 2020
blingxx:

you can open zero account by dailing their code on phone (I forgot but google it on your own) ..complete the registration later in the bank
Thanks bro its*966#
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Black11: 3:58pm On Jun 29, 2020
I also use Ecobank and frankly i do not get deducted anyhow, there would be an explanation for the debits. I have a supersavers account and get around 4.5% right now my other accounts do not give this rate.
Clicked:

For me it's the exact opposite. Right now my Ecobank account is in minus. I have four bank accounts and never in my life has any of the others been in the red.

I never would have opened an account with them, it was NYSC that gave us the banks to use according to our state code. Ecobank kept on deducting from my account until it entered minus. I sent #300 again to see if it was a fluke but again, they deducted it till my account was reading minus something naira. I kukuma just left the account like that.

Access bank though, always pays me interest. Maybe it's because I don't touch the money in it. It's my main savings account and I don't have an ATM card for it, so the only thing I do is to keep adding money to it.
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Skymoore1004: 3:59pm On Jun 29, 2020
Is this 4.5% paid Monthly?
Black11:
I also use Ecobank and frankly i do not get deducted anyhow, there would be an explanation for the debits. I have a supersavers account and get around 4.5% right now my other accounts do not give this rate.
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by adontcare(f): 4:03pm On Jun 29, 2020
Zenith and GTB

1 Like

Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by okalo(m): 4:07pm On Jun 29, 2020
Ejiofor2020:
Well left for me in terms of interest try sterling bank 5m they paid 27k. 2m they 10k

Monthy?
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Jaemes(m): 4:10pm On Jun 29, 2020
Use Kuda bank..
Make Una join @kudabank it's the best..Free from unnecessary charges , prompt customer service , free card delivery to Ur doorstep and many more.
Download Kuda here: https:///IqkuWaYMem and join with this code: WZAJEO1T.
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Aventozeez: 4:12pm On Jun 29, 2020
First Bank is simply the best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Jaemes(m): 4:13pm On Jun 29, 2020
eazylion001:
FCMB. people really look down on this bank

It's true ...FCMB Is a very nice bank too

1 Like

Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Skymoore1004: 4:14pm On Jun 29, 2020
God no go shame us.
Firstbank ke?
One of the worst networks in Nigeria
Aventozeez:
First Bank is simply the best
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by like1: 4:17pm On Jun 29, 2020
andrewbaba44:

I didnt touch my ECO bank account for over a year and i do receive interest of 3,300 to 3500 every month ending for good 12 months till i return to naija and decided to use the money in the account, i started all over again and i received 5,200 interest last month ending

ECO bank is the best bank for savings as far you arent going to touch the money on that account for some period of time

You left over 1.5 million then in the account.
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Chochovini: 4:18pm On Jun 29, 2020
Allakent:
P##sy Bank. The more you put in, the more you receive.
Best of luck
. WHAT Do U mean by “P##SY“ Bank? Is there any such thing?
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Pwhitelaw(m): 4:21pm On Jun 29, 2020
mamatwiny:

Every month or every 3months?
.....Every month .....just try and deposit like 600k and see what I'm talking about.this is just normal savings account not fixed.
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by africanpride1: 4:27pm On Jun 29, 2020
GTB: Guaranteed Trust Bank! SuperTech, SuperCheap, SuperSecure.

1 Like

Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Skymoore1004: 4:28pm On Jun 29, 2020
With crowd queue from island to mainland
africanpride1:
GTB: Guaranteed Trust Bank! SuperTech, SuperSecure, SuperCheap.
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by andrewbaba44: 4:30pm On Jun 29, 2020
like1:

You left over 1.5 million then in the account.

1.3, but before it was up to that amount i was getting interest every month ending because i was putting money and not making any witdrawals
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Jaemes(m): 4:34pm On Jun 29, 2020
*Kuda Bank: Everything You Need to Know about Nigeria’s Only Online Bank*��

You are probably reading this article because you have been hearing about a new bank called Kuda Bank. Social media has been talking a lot about this new bank. On this post, we would be talking about Kuda Bank and telling you everything you need to know about the bank.

Who is Kuda Bank?��‍♂️

They are Nigeria’s only online� bank, they are a digital-only bank that runs predominantly on smartphones. They don’t have or need a physical location to provide its banking services. Before becoming Kuda Bank, they were known as Kudimoney. This digital-only bank is fully licensed by the *Central Bank of Nigeria*�️
. To be clear, this digital-only bank is not a mobile wallet or simply a mobile app piggybacking on an existing bank. It is an actual bank, it is just a digital-only bank.

The bank performs services like any other bank.��‍♂️.
It allows you
to open an account, send money to other bank accounts, deposit money, save money, pay bills, purchase airtime and you can also see a full picture of your spending habits. Asides being a digital-only bank, Kuda Bank has positioned itself as a bank which doesn’t charge its customer’s unnecessary fees. The bank doesn’t charge card maintenance fees or account maintenance fees or COT or any other usual banking fees.

Here Some Facts about the Bank
You can open a bank account within five minutes,
Customers can do all the KYC in the app
They don’t charge unnecessary bank charges like card maintenance fees, account maintenance fees etc.
The bank’s debit card is free and comes 1 to 2 weeks after you open your account
They charge N10 when you send money unlike other banks which charge N52.50
Withdrawals are free.
The maximum amount you can send at once is N250, 000, while your maximum limit for a day is N1million if you have an upgraded account
You can use their debit cards at over 3000 ATMs in Nigeria.

How to Get Started�

Go to your app store and download the app or follow the link below and use the code�

Once the app is download, launch it
You will be asked to register/ open an account. Information like your BVN, phone number, email address and picture( to verify your identity) and other basic information will be required.
Once you have finished the registration process, you will be given your account number and you can start transacting

*P.S* when you open an account, you will be given the opportunity to upgrade your account. To upgrade your account you will need to add government-issued identity card.�

Once u create your account , you can apply for Ur *debit card* which will be prepared and delivered to Ur doorstep�.

�������
Download Kuda here: https:///IqkuWaYMem and join with this code: *WZAJEO1T*
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by udoka1987: 4:36pm On Jun 29, 2020
ACCESS AND UBA
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by culf: 4:38pm On Jun 29, 2020
Shancca:

Avoid GTBank for your own good.

of my 3 accounts, GT is the best
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Maj196(m): 4:39pm On Jun 29, 2020
... In your best interest
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by cardoso514: 4:45pm On Jun 29, 2020
GTB but make sure you don't withdraw from it at all, make it absolute savings
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by MrDoGood(m): 4:45pm On Jun 29, 2020
VFD microfinance bank.
No charges or whatsoever
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by tokunbodr(m): 4:55pm On Jun 29, 2020
The Best Bank in Nigeria today is GTBANK. I have Never be disappointed before. Try the bank and thank me later. cool cool
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by BlackFlamefromP: 4:56pm On Jun 29, 2020
Wema Bank is the best bank in Nigeria today. Every other bank is just big for nothing grin

dopemike:
Wema Bank is really good for saving. Speaking for myself tho'. Their interest rate is great. smiley

PS: No lies were told in the making of this comment.
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by banhammy: 4:56pm On Jun 29, 2020
I may not know which bank is the best because I've not tried all.
But among the three banks i bank with, Access Bank is the WORST of all.
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Naijaarchive(m): 4:59pm On Jun 29, 2020
Gtbank

Paycom (opay)

Rubies

Wema (ALAT)

1 Like

Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by romelady(f): 5:02pm On Jun 29, 2020
With what I'm seeing here, seems I'm heading to zenith Bank

1 Like

Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by moremuch1(m): 5:06pm On Jun 29, 2020
brighttech95:

Stanchart for me, free transfer no monthly maintenance whatever charges downside their branches are few
true talk

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

APIN: Kano Footwear Factory That Produces 1.2 Million Pairs Daily / Ebun Okubanjo, CEO Of Lekki Fitness & Gym Centre Slams Customer / 17 Companies Licensed By CBN As Mobile Money Operators In Nigeria (Full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.