Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,109 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? (74205 Views)

Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account / What Is The Difference Between A Current Account And A Savings Account? / What's The Best Bank For Savings Of Business Income? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Oluwabusobomi(f): 1:22pm On Jun 29, 2020
LudaChriz:
A lot of people are used to complaining about various commercial banks in Nigeria especially the low income earners as regards the dubious charges perpetrated by these Banks.

So I want to ask, which Bank is more considerate in terms of their charges for savings account currently?

Don't forget to tell us your reasons.

Let's talk business

Modified:
Based on popular recommendation so far, Zenith Bank carries the league is the GOAT Bank grin grin

1 Like

Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by freeman67: 1:23pm On Jun 29, 2020
I will recommend GTB, First Bank and StanbicIBTC. Zenith seem okay too but I have not operated any account with them directly so I can say anything about them.
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Flier: 1:23pm On Jun 29, 2020
LudaChriz:

No allow people roast u oh cheesy
They are the best, all banks debit 50 naira duty it’s just that access bank debit their own seperately
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Pwhitelaw(m): 1:24pm On Jun 29, 2020
U.B.A is the only bank that will give me interest based on the amount deposited in my savings account.I got 3000 naira for this month and they have never disappointed me for once.

1 Like

Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by 0taPiaPia(m): 1:25pm On Jun 29, 2020
airminem:
I am seriously interested to know o. Who is MANNA GRILL?

Grade "A" zombie

2 Likes

Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by neonly: 1:27pm On Jun 29, 2020
huptin:
Try UBA, you wont be disappointed!

Correct guy
I use Zenith access sterling and UBA
If I have to choose I still think UBA is d best for saving remember I said saving oooo

1 Like

Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by 0taPiaPia(m): 1:27pm On Jun 29, 2020
hustla:
Providus bank

Which providus
That has its branches only on Lagos Island..
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by neonly: 1:30pm On Jun 29, 2020
motionarena:
Use me.

I promise I will keep all your money safely without any charges.

Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Pwhitelaw(m): 1:30pm On Jun 29, 2020
Trayceey:
None! They're all thieves

Although firstbank paid me 4k on interest capitalized on 1.1m in 30 days. So even if they keep charging me, their interest will cover for it.
U.B.A pay 3000 on 500k......You should be getting 6k with UBA.
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Asiri1991: 1:31pm On Jun 29, 2020
humilitypays:
For Savings Purpose
Fidelity
Zenith
Union

For Internet Banking & Online Business Purpose
GTB
Zenith
Eco Bank

For Business & Entrepreneurship Purpose
Fidelity

This is the only comment devoid of bias. You're really good.
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Jombojombo(m): 1:33pm On Jun 29, 2020
chukel:
Zenith it is. No bank has given me as much as 15k interest on savings per month other than zenith. And it's consistent.

Pls like how much did u put to get that 15k interest in a month?
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by sterlingD(m): 1:33pm On Jun 29, 2020
Kriss216:
Don't know, but, if you want to go far in this life, avoid Access bank!
Wonderful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 1:33pm On Jun 29, 2020
Gtbank are the worst In Nigeria, why not try
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by icankel: 1:34pm On Jun 29, 2020
If u want to have the feeling of an important personality just walk straight to the ZENITH BANK u won't regret it. followed by FCMB which I called silent achiever
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by vicdonis: 1:34pm On Jun 29, 2020
I tell you truth, UNITY BANK is the best
Your savings is secured. No unnecessary charges. Try them and confirm.
Try the Unify app, very easy and secured
Try USSD, very secured

Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 29, 2020
Pwhitelaw:
U.B.A pay 3000 on 500k......You should be getting 6k with UBA.
are you serious?
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by nickxtra(m): 1:36pm On Jun 29, 2020
LudaChriz:
A lot of people are used to complaining about various commercial banks in Nigeria especially the low income earners as regards the dubious charges perpetrated by these Banks.

So I want to ask, which Bank is more considerate in terms of their charges for savings account currently?

Let's talk business
Fidelity Bank is good. I got some money there which I have not touched for sometime, and before I could expect anything, I got alert of 20k plus as interest on the money.
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Hoperyehmir2020(m): 1:37pm On Jun 29, 2020
JAIZ BANK IS PRETTY COOL
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 1:37pm On Jun 29, 2020
Ecobank. That bank can dash money. Their only problem is that Thier internet service can disappoint. If you do business that you receive and send money every now and then, don't go there. But if you want to save money that's the best bank. I have accounts with Union, UBA, and Fidelity but they can debit your account for no reason and even if your money stays 1yr in their bank, they can't give you 1kobo interest.
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by chibatov(m): 1:38pm On Jun 29, 2020
LudaChriz:

No allow people roast u oh cheesy

Modified:
Based on popular recommendation so far, Zenith Bank carries the league is the GOAT Bank grin grin

Zenith Bank here I come
I don report am sef
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by mmsen: 1:39pm On Jun 29, 2020
kponkedenge:
I would say Ecobank, I receive credit alert from them on my savings account despite the fact that I hardly ever use the account.
My most active accounts are in Access bank which I have two accounts there.
I have never ever received any credit alert from Access bank..... Only debit. I was recently debited for the stamp duty charge three times and only credited back twice. I'm still waiting for my N50 balance.
Ecobank rarely debit my account.

There's something wrong with your alerts. They should be able to fix that if they are informed of the matter.

I get both credit and debit alerts (sms and email).
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by cochexky: 1:40pm On Jun 29, 2020
I only know the worst bank unfortunately its Diamond bank that endangered my finance by taking me there.. .... Access Bank is the one and only worst bank... Please give them the award.

LudaChriz:

Let's talk business

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by perdollar(m): 1:43pm On Jun 29, 2020
westbank is d best
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by cochexky: 1:43pm On Jun 29, 2020
If u want peace of mind.. Go to GTbank, zenith or union Bank.

LudaChriz:

Let's talk business
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by eisley: 1:44pm On Jun 29, 2020
GTBank is the best for savings account, you can't go wrong with GTBank and there are so many benefits attached with banking with them as a customer.

GTBank USSD code *737# is so fast, and safe, and it can be used to; Pay for DStv subscription, Purchase data, Pay NEPA bills, confirm if your cheque book is available for collection, apply for loan as a salary earner, make cardless withdrawal, and lots more.

All of these at your convenience and from your mobile phone.
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by fadaroking: 1:45pm On Jun 29, 2020
ECOBANK is a no go area. The worst of them all

humilitypays:
For Savings Purpose
Fidelity
Zenith
Union

For Internet Banking & Online Business Purpose
GTB
Zenith
Eco Bank

For Business & Entrepreneurship Purpose
Fidelity

1 Like

Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by WonderGod(m): 1:46pm On Jun 29, 2020
humilitypays:
For Savings Purpose Fidelity Zenith Union

For Internet Banking & Online Business Purpose GTB Zenith Eco Bank
For Business & Entrepreneurship Purpose Fidelity
Please remove fidelity that charges people like hell

1 Like

Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 29, 2020
humilitypays:
For Savings Purpose Fidelity Zenith Union FirstBank too (I HATE THEM, BUT THEY ARE GOOD) smiley
For Internet Banking & Online Business Purpose GTB Zenith Eco Bank
For Business & Entrepreneurship Purpose Fidelity
You're in the spirit bro grin
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by okalo(m): 1:50pm On Jun 29, 2020
Zenith bnk, they give interest monthly, I gt up to 20k monthly interest 4rm dem

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Mayeldah(m): 1:50pm On Jun 29, 2020
kponkedenge:
I would say Ecobank, I receive credit alert from them on my savings account despite the fact that I hardly ever use the account.
My most active accounts are in Access bank which I have two accounts there.
I have never ever received any credit alert from Access bank..... Only debit. I was recently debited for the stamp duty charge three times and only credited back twice. I'm still waiting for my N50 balance.
Ecobank rarely debit my account.

There is nothing special that Ecobank is doing for you bro. If there is less activity on a savings account you will earn interest, all banks does that.

Any bank you use for transactions regularly will hardly pay you interest.

I am not a fan nor staff of access bank though.

2 Likes

Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:52pm On Jun 29, 2020
Citibank. PM for more info cool
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by funmeme(f): 1:52pm On Jun 29, 2020
I like Access bank though, ive been onboard since the days on Intercontinental but i think its high time i moved to a good bank.

I'm tired of the incessant charges. They deducted #800 from my account on saturday, thankfully they credited me with #400 back after all the backlash and i know i will not get the balance again so its best i move on to avoid future issues...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Dangote Refinery Installs Largest Single Crude Distillation Column - Pictures / 17 Companies Licensed By CBN As Mobile Money Operators In Nigeria (Full List) / What 1 Trillion Naira Looks Like? Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.